edited March 2015
    Options
    5'8, Before weight: 100 kilos, After weight: 85 kilos

(I'm a lot bigger now)

al3rky8nd6kv.jpg
  • julia_808
    julia_808 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Before pic is around 162, current pic is 142. I'm 5'10 and a half"bfozo3xhad7k.jpg
  • julia_808
    julia_808 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oops here is the current pic :)be8qml80r4ve.jpg
  • iwearthejumper32
    iwearthejumper32 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump up the jam
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Start incorporating strength training now so that you can retain what muscle you already have. (When you diet, you lose both fat and muscle, but you can reduce the amount of muscle loss if you strength train as you lose.) It's much much easier to keep muscle than it is to gain it back.

Ok. I'm going to follow your advice.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Start incorporating strength training now so that you can retain what muscle you already have. (When you diet, you lose both fat and muscle, but you can reduce the amount of muscle loss if you strength train as you lose.) It's much much easier to keep muscle than it is to gain it back.

Ok. I'm going to follow your advice.
  • hannahrgilbert
    hannahrgilbert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not really an after.. Just before and during. Not much of a change but I'm kind of proud of it. First pic I was in the 200-205 range. Now I'm about 192ish. gzbm8w2q4cnu.jpg

• WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have any pics at the moment, though I will get some up soon. I'm 5' 8" and when I first started my weight loss journey my highest weight had been 225 lbs, I dropped down to 195 lbs. Then I gained all the weight back and then some, got all the way up to 235 lbs, that's when I decided to get serious about my weight loss and on January 1, 2015 I went vegan. As of this morning, March 12, 2015, I weigh 213.2 lbs, I haven't been under 215 lbs in over 3 years. I'm hoping to get down to 145 lbs at the highest, though I have gotten to under 120 lbs and was in great shape and great health. I have a small skeletal frame, which is why I can get to such low weight and still be healthy and fit. I'll get some pics up soon of how I look now, all I have are face photos that don't really show much.
  • melissacurry04
    melissacurry04 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with this thread. I'm a fellow big girl. I am 5'11 and 283. My goal weight is 175. I just started my journey to lose weight and get healthy. Seeing all you ladies has really been inspirational. Hope to have some awesome before and after pics soon.
  • beyourbest1
    beyourbest1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    spacelump wrote: »
    I'm 5'9" 166 pounds and have been considering myself a "rollie pollie ollie". (My code phrase for calling myself fat). A shame, right? What I loved about this thread is how I get to see women around my height's stats and pictures. It's so easy to look at you all and see how beautiful and non-fat you are. Makes me reconsider my self perception.

You're all gorgeous. Please don't forget it. And, congrats on all your hard work!
    OMG if you are not gorgeous I do not know what is!!
  • beyourbest1
    Options
    I think I've posted in here before but here's an update:

fotoflexer_photo_zps1cba0efc.jpg

25d7b3d7-a411-4fdc-ad19-dd7dbd11fadd_zps42e7b107.jpg

Very inspiring!! You look fantastic and have continued to keep it off...Great job!
  • beyourbest1
    Options
    mmmb30 wrote: »
    How in the heck do you 5'9 to 5'11 women get down to 120-145?
    I've been stuck at 165 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

I put on about 20-40 miles a week between Swimming, biking and running. Trying to fit weights in there too!
    I'd like to think I eat fairly healthy good food with the occasional "f"- it meal/snack in there.
    Always under my calorie goals here with MFP.

Are you using any suppliments?
    Any advice would be great!
    I once heard a dietician suggest "intermittent fasting" the whole idea made me want to cry, but the suggestion was for your purpose. Might google it. just FYI I have NO IDEA what it calls for, is, or means. Best of luck!
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    what a great thread!

Here's my addition - I'm 5'11":

beforeafter-1.jpg

I know this is an old photo, but I love the goat photobomb.
  • bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump 5'11 here.
    Fantastic work u all look great!
  • unwantedimagery
    Options
    I'm just starting my weight loss journey and this thread is pretty amazing, uplifting and definitely something I can look up to.

My start weight was 311 lbs. I'm currently already at 304 lbs. with having now restricted my diet (on 1700 calories a day) and joining a gym (currently doing cardio 2 times a week and a water aerobics class once a week).

I'm slightly restricted because of a patellar dislocation last summer with reoccurring patellar slippage (so limited lunging, squating, etc) and I broke my left fibula in a fall and had to have a titanium plate affixed to my bone. Even though I'm injured and healing (also attending Physical Therapy once a week with cardio and strength training), I'm still determined to lose weight!

I was 100 lbs lighter three years ago. I was eating one to two meals a day, smoking a pack of cigarettes a day, and going through a very unhealthy relationship. I gained all my weight when I moved out of state, quit smoking, and starting (and still in) a loving relationship ( not to mention he's an amazing from scratch chef!).

I hope to be updating eventually with an amazing transformation before and after picture, but until then, I thank you girls and women for being an inspiration!

Height: 5'11, large -medium build
    SW: 311
    CW: 304
    GW: 200
  • HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Before pic, 30 day pic and 60 day pic. Lost 27 lbs. Tracked with mfp, stayed within my calories and worked out 5 days a week, 1-2 (sometimes 3) hours a day. Plus I got a spray tan at the end. As soon as I hit my goal last year, I lost sight of the ball and put it back on. I know how to get it off. Once I get there again, I need to stick to it!
    lbsad96omv5f.jpg
  • AlexisMichele93
    AlexisMichele93 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and this thread is so encouraging. I weigh 205 after being a steady 195-199 for years, and I think passing that 200 mark has made it the last straw. I want to get to 175 by my birthday in November and possibly even further than that. I use to use all kinds of ridiculous excuses (I'd have to give up chocolate I can't do that or I don't want to lose my DDs it'd mess up my proportions lol) but now I'm done with them and ready to make the change. My goals in life are to be adventurous, more hiking, more paragliding, backpacking through uninhabited jungles, the works. And I can't do that as I'd like to at my size. Thank you all for posting your pics, they're just so inspiring. I think I'm going to suck it up and take starting pics too.
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've shrunken a little and am now a bit below 5'9". I am back up to 180, which was my peak pregnancy weight...22 years ago! I look gaunt and sickly below 150, so 150-155 is my goal. 25 lbs! Yikes! Frankly, my diet is 99% of my problem. I'm physically quite active. I just starve myself (busy at work, not hungry) and then binge. I've stopped that as of this past week. The photos here are VERY encouraging. I'm going to take my before shot tomorrow.
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Before pic, 30 day pic and 60 day pic. Lost 27 lbs. Tracked with mfp, stayed within my calories and worked out 5 days a week, 1-2 (sometimes 3) hours a day. Plus I got a spray tan at the end. As soon as I hit my goal last year, I lost sight of the ball and put it back on. I know how to get it off. Once I get there again, I need to stick to it!
    lbsad96omv5f.jpg

Great job, HefferSprint! You look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!