No Grain...No Pain!!!

Options

Replies

• MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    checking in, i've logged my day, and my exercise!!!! now, if only everyday could be like this!!
  • MissKim
    Options
    checking in, i've logged my day, and my exercise!!!! now, if only everyday could be like this!!
  • MissKim
    Options
  • MissKim
    Options
    now time for my bubble bath, put lil man to bed, and put myself to bed! Good Night!
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing today??

I need all the motivation I can get for the next 6 days y'all! I've been in a biggest loser weight loss competition for the last several months, and the final weigh in is next week. I need a loss of at least 3 lbs to win. and I really want to win! it's a 100$ prize and i'm using that money to get my hair done. plus the girl who is neck to neck with me has been taunting me all day saying she knows that i'm a stress eater and she's just waiting on me to mess up..etc..etc..i hear it all day. yes i'm using that as motivation! i want to beat this girl! I'm eating as clean as possible everyday, drinking lots of water, and working out everyday. So y'all keep a check on me! and i'll take any advice and suggestions y'all have!

Good luck, Kim!! I know you can do this! Great way to turn negative comments into motivation!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    at least the next 6 days! good Work!
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Marlinedorcinvil Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So I went out for my friends graduation and I drunk 3 shots of vodka. I know that I shouldn't be having LQ while in the induction phase but vodka has no carbs so do you think it will knock me out of ketosis??
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Options
    So I went out for my friends graduation and I drunk 3 shots of vodka. I know that I shouldn't be having LQ while in the induction phase but vodka has no carbs so do you think it will knock me out of ketosis??
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Options
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Options
    Sorry for the repetition computer was acting up.
  • MissKim
    Options
    mine's been doing that too Marline,weird. If you didn't have any sugars or mixers, I doubt it will hurt you. but who knows, every body is different!
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there but this has proven to be a difficult lifestyle change for me. I am so used to a low-fat high-carb diet it is hard to change my whole mindset. Especially during the week it is so much easier to grab a yogurt and a lean cuisine than make something primal/paleo/low carb.

Can you all please share what you do for work/school lunches? Do you have any quick and easy ideas? I work for 12 hour shifts so I usually take breakfast (I work at 6 am and can't eat at home beforehand -- too early), lunch, and an afternoon snack. Those are usually greek yogurt/oats/fruit, a lean cuisine/cheese stick/orange, and some type of protein/energy bar. I am looking for healthy substitutions.
  • MissKim
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there but this has proven to be a difficult lifestyle change for me. I am so used to a low-fat high-carb diet it is hard to change my whole mindset. Especially during the week it is so much easier to grab a yogurt and a lean cuisine than make something primal/paleo/low carb.

Can you all please share what you do for work/school lunches? Do you have any quick and easy ideas? I work for 12 hour shifts so I usually take breakfast (I work at 6 am and can't eat at home beforehand -- too early), lunch, and an afternoon snack. Those are usually greek yogurt/oats/fruit, a lean cuisine/cheese stick/orange, and some type of protein/energy bar. I am looking for healthy substitutions.

It takes a long time to adjust, I know that, I'm just now getting around to sticking to it. I always did good, and then messed up on the weekends! but trying is better than quitting :) I only work 8 hr shifts, but I just take leftovers from dinner I made the night before. Or we grill out, like we did yesterday, and we eat on that stuff for several days. steaks, chicken, pork chops, shrimp, fish, and veggies. also, you can buy pre-made salads with chicken on them if your just desperate (i'm sure it'd be better to make your own) but they cost about the same as a lean cuisine would cost ya, and way better for you!!! snacks i eat boiled eggs, jerky (i know the store bought stuff isn't great, but better than chips!, i'm thinking about trying to make my own), almonds, pickles, olives, cheese (i still eat cheese). but one thing i've found out since eating primal is you don't want snacks as often b/c your not hungry as often. If I eat a good breakfast with lots of fat and protein, I don't get hungry again til lunch. same with lunch. Salads tend to make me hungry a couple hours after, but i"m sure it's b/c I need more fat/protein in my salads. Just hang in there girly! If you are buying pre-packaged stuff just keep an eye on the carbs/sugar.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seagreenstarfish
    Options
    Hey there! I am new here!
    I live in Europe but I am originally from the US (my husband is danish).

I was using another program, but it had problems. So I switched to myfitnesspal. This is why you cannot see my actual weight loss on my ticker! To date it is 63 pounds!

Name: Lara
    Kids: 0
    Pets: 3
    Married/SO: yes
    Eating Lifestyle: Atkins
    Starting weight: 248.5
    CURRENT weight: 185.6
    Goal Weight: 150
    Goals for this 8 wks: to get to 173 pounds

I should say that I LOVE low carb and that it has changed my life (as you can read on my profile). Please add me if you'd like!
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Options

For lunch I tend to plan my meals ahead. I will just make and pre packaged them in the fridge on Sunday nights. I have done tuna lettuce wraps with sugar free jello as dessert. Or chicken ceasar salads. I have also made a big batch of hot bufflo wings and put blue cheese on the side and have it with a small salad. This usually keeps me from feeling hungry. I've been able to stay on this diet and stay within my calorie count because I dont eat so often.

Hope the suggestions help. May be it would be beneficial if we all just put up some of our favorite low carb recipes
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm determined to keep my carbs below 100 this week. I'm even going to change my parameters to reflect that.

Do you guys have custom settings for protein/fat/carbs? How do you have them set?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm determined to keep my carbs below 100 this week. I'm even going to change my parameters to reflect that.

Do you guys have custom settings for protein/fat/carbs? How do you have them set?
    Mine are set to 30/30/40 protein/carbs/fats, that does not keep carbs under 100 for me, but it seems to be manageable for me.
  • MissKim
    Options
    I'm more into keto right now b/c I don't do that much cardio and I have plenty of fat left to lose, so mine is set at 10/30/60 carbs/protein/fat
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    i want in on this group. I will be working towards 100 grams of carbs a day and if all goes well will try to go lower.

Name:Marie
    Kids: 3
    Pets: 1
    Married/SO: maried for 54 years/
    Eating Lifestyle: low carbs
    Starting weight: 204
    Goal Weight: 160
    Goals for this 8 wks: lose 10 lbs.