Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• SaraD72
    SaraD72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bregalad5 wrote: »
    I just mindlessly munched down a box of granola bars :( Thankfully it's only about 600 calories and I have them to spare today, but ugh... didn't even realize it.

Been there, done that. At least you were honest with yourself and tracked the calories. They say that this journey is one day at a time, but sometimes it's one meal at a time.
  • nlowell519
    nlowell519 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been using My fitness pal off and on for a while but need to take advantage of the great network of support. Because face it losing weight is a tough battle! I am looking to add friend for encouragement and support . I am 44 and need to lose +100 lbs. I have been doing a healthy weight management program through my local hospital for the last 11 weeks and have lost 23 lbs so far but I am concerned as the program ends I will struggle. So if anyone is interested add me as a friend in this on going battle to become healthy! I know I can do this!!!
  • SaraD72
    SaraD72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So, I had a victory of sorts today. I like to treat myself to an occasional drink at Starbucks, so I stopped in today. I was shocked to see that my favorite drink had 580 calories! Instead, I ordered a Tall Caramel Macchiato which has 180 calories and I actually like it and feel fine with the smaller size.
  • Bobzfit
    Bobzfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    SaraD72 wrote: »
    So, I had a victory of sorts today. I like to treat myself to an occasional drink at Starbucks, so I stopped in today. I was shocked to see that my favorite drink had 580 calories! Instead, I ordered a Tall Caramel Macchiato which has 180 calories and I actually like it and feel fine with the smaller size.
    The caramel machiatto is my favorite. Awesome choice!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    SaraD72 wrote: »
    bregalad5 wrote: »
    I just mindlessly munched down a box of granola bars :( Thankfully it's only about 600 calories and I have them to spare today, but ugh... didn't even realize it.

Been there, done that. At least you were honest with yourself and tracked the calories. They say that this journey is one day at a time, but sometimes it's one meal at a time.

Yep, indeed. I kept a mental log today instead of tracking it on here. Sometimes I have to sorta guesstimate with certain things but it's ok. It happens.
  • SojournerYouth
    SojournerYouth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, Honey! I'm home! :) This is soooooo the group for me! I sent friend requests to pretty much all of you, but do friend me if I missed anyone. I have about 130 pounds left to lose, and have been on MFP for a month, losing 18 pounds so far. I love MFP, and have gotten and given some good support, which is why things are going well so far. I was looking for more friends who have at least 100 to lose, since I will be here for a while, and it can be very, very hard to be patient when you have a lot to lose. I started this whole thing off by getting a dietician, which is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. She gave me a great plan and a lot of tips on how to make it all work. I am looking forward to losing with you all :)
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Put 2 very large chicken breasts in the crock pot last night with about a cup of salsa, an onion and 2 cloves of garlic. Cooked it for about 8 hours on low, then shredded it for tacos. 2 big spoonfuls are about 50 approximate calories.
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Made really yummy tacos on corn tortillas, just heated in a dry pan, with lettace, tomato, and low fat sour cream. Gotta have hot food!!!!
  • enoughisenough9
    enoughisenough9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    shirayne wrote: »
    Oh! And @enoughisenough9‌: We don't judge... We may offer opinions and motivation and attempt to virtually kick your butt to get you back in line (just kidding) but we only want to see you succeed. :) Welcome to us!

Haha thanks! My diary on that day basically consisted of McDonalds and an easter egg but oh well! Burned a hell of a lot of calories and still lost weight :) Looking forward to succeeding with the rest of you :p
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @SojournerYouth‌ Sounds like you are off to a great start!
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    Hi, Honey! I'm home! :) This is soooooo the group for me! I sent friend requests to pretty much all of you, but do friend me if I missed anyone. I have about 130 pounds left to lose, and have been on MFP for a month, losing 18 pounds so far. I love MFP, and have gotten and given some good support, which is why things are going well so far. I was looking for more friends who have at least 100 to lose, since I will be here for a while, and it can be very, very hard to be patient when you have a lot to lose. I started this whole thing off by getting a dietician, which is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. She gave me a great plan and a lot of tips on how to make it all work. I am looking forward to losing with you all :)

Nice job on the weight loss and getting help from a RD. Keep it up!!!
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    vschwgrt1 wrote: »
    Made really yummy tacos on corn tortillas, just heated in a dry pan, with lettace, tomato, and low fat sour cream. Gotta have hot food!!!!

Sounds delicious and healthy!

• eoin21
    eoin21 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Losing 100lbs and in a healthy manner is a challenge but it can be achieved and maintained after. I lost 112lbs in 14 months just 2 years ago, and continued to push forward to complete my first half marathon a couple of months later. I kept myself active but really cut down on my carbohydrate intake and using MFP to watch my calorie/nutrition each day as well as to ensure I was at a deficit of 200/300 calories per day.

There will be tough moments and bad weeks, but never let them stop you for achieving your goals :) just think about how you will feel when you reach your target!
  • KIsBlessed
    KIsBlessed Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Hi Shirayne!
    I'm looking to do the exact same thing and would be happy to add you as a friend and share! I log everyday and am finding new and interesting foods to eat other than
    My usual. We're on the same journey!
    Hi there, I'm 42 and looking to lose 100+ pounds (made it to 80 pounds 3 years ago and then gained half of it back) but I want to do it the "right" and learn how to "eat to live, not live to eat". I am addicted to food... it's my own personal brand of drug and I am looking for people who want lose weight eating healthy and tasty foods. I would love to share tips and tricks you've found work for you. I love looking at people's daily diaries and seeing wonderful sounding meals that are filling but still satisfy your hunger. I am tired of being obsessed with food and although I realize that right now that obsession is a necessity (I need to plan things out or I end up making excuses for eating the wrong things), I eventually want to know instinctively what's ok to eat and what's not ok to eat. I'm not saying a doughnut once in a while as a treat isn't "ok"... but I don't want to spend my precious calories on crap all the time. If you're looking for a friend who is willing to support you in your successes and even more so in your "ooopses", add me and let's do this!

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 42 and looking to lose 100+ pounds (made it to 80 pounds 3 years ago and then gained half of it back) but I want to do it the "right" and learn how to "eat to live, not live to eat". I am addicted to food... it's my own personal brand of drug and I am looking for people who want lose weight eating healthy and tasty foods. I would love to share tips and tricks you've found work for you. I love looking at people's daily diaries and seeing wonderful sounding meals that are filling but still satisfy your hunger. I am tired of being obsessed with food and although I realize that right now that obsession is a necessity (I need to plan things out or I end up making excuses for eating the wrong things), I eventually want to know instinctively what's ok to eat and what's not ok to eat. I'm not saying a doughnut once in a while as a treat isn't "ok"... but I don't want to spend my precious calories on crap all the time. If you're looking for a friend who is willing to support you in your successes and even more so in your "ooopses", add me and let's do this!

If I can change anyone can change. My habits and thought processes are nothing like they were before losing my weight. You are certainly on the right track.

Wishing you all the best.

My success story is at: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10080664/lost-191-lbs-photos-success-after-999-failures/p1

73641431.png
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @bregalad5 I can really sympathize! Unconscious eating is one of my problems...I have my mouth full of food before I realize "hey wait!" you don't do this anymore. hang in there at least you had the calories to spare.

I find that one of the worst things for me is when I am trying to watch what I ate only to come home and find out it was a bazillian empty calories!

So now I try to log it before I put it in my mouth...it works most times
  • prof_newme
    Options
    @saraD72 My favorite starbucks drink is a Venti Iced black tea lemonaide with 3 splenda only 70 cal!! It makes me feel spoiled and not break the calorie bank
  • prof_newme
    Options
    Welcome to all the new "faces"
  • happyplace
    happyplace Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group!! :) I have a long way to go and could really benefit from some sort of support system. I was doing so good a year ago and I just kind of let life get in the way again and gained it all back plus some. I am 33 and have 4 kids at home. Two teens and two under 5. I am trying to get back in the habit of logging again. Please feel free to add me as a friend!! Even though I haven't been consistent or made it to my goals yet, I have learned so much and I know I will get there.
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! I am still kinda new my self so it is nice to have some people starting off with me! I know we can all do this! I just got my new food scale as well as my bathroom scale. Not happy about the number on the bathroom scale but I know I can change that. Just got to keep at it and work hard.

So far after two weeks I definitely feel better. Way more energy and just over all feel better. No more bloated feeling. My fatigue has gone way down. I am walking more. Moving more. It is a great feeling and while a small victory, still an important one.