Alkaline water?

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'll just leave this tidbit from a structured water site here so we can all point our fingers and laugh:

"One of the fundamental perceptual changes that we need to make is to acknowledge that water is a living substance, not the inert "wet stuff" that we've dismissed as unimportant and treated it as. I know this may be hard for some, but I can assure you that life will be harder for those who do not accept water's living, intelligent nature as truth, than for those who do. This is not because water will get pissed off or angry at us, but because we — meaning those who can't get themselves to form a healthy relationship with water based on mutual respect — will have cut ourselves off from its most sublime gifts. And here's a clue. If you are unwilling to establish a healthy relationship with water, you can't establish one with anyone else, including yourself."

ETA Source: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/water/shedding-more-light-on-structured-water
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just drink tap water. In my city it averages a pH of 8.0-8.5.

ETA: I am not worried about parasites because I lived through the Milwaukee crypto outbreak. I live in a city 30 minutes from there now and the entire SE Wisconsin area has some of the safest water because of all the upgrades after the outbreak. I do filter it because of taste.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    I'll just leave this tidbit from a structured water site here so we can all point our fingers and laugh:

"One of the fundamental perceptual changes that we need to make is to acknowledge that water is a living substance, not the inert "wet stuff" that we've dismissed as unimportant and treated it as. I know this may be hard for some, but I can assure you that life will be harder for those who do not accept water's living, intelligent nature as truth, than for those who do. This is not because water will get pissed off or angry at us, but because we — meaning those who can't get themselves to form a healthy relationship with water based on mutual respect — will have cut ourselves off from its most sublime gifts. And here's a clue. If you are unwilling to establish a healthy relationship with water, you can't establish one with anyone else, including yourself."

lolwut?
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Aww man, now I feel guilty for being so hard on my living, intelligent water... :disappointed:
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    wellz6 wrote: »

I call BS on a large amount of this post. "Liquid crystalline water" is surely just melted ice, for example. "Life force" is not a thing water has. When applying an electrical field to water you might get rid of some mineral ions but it does not become "aggressive, whatever that means.

That's not true. Water molecules can respond to sound and light. Living water is water’s liquid crystalline phase where the molecules create a repeating geometric pattern similar to the molecular pattern in a solid quartz crystal. Although the molecules remain mobile, they move together as a coherent “whole.” Ice has a crystalline form but so does water.

Dr. Gerald Pollack, professor of bioengineering at the University of Washington has provided significant evidence for water’s liquid crystalline structure. His research has demonstrated water’s capacity to form large zones of structured water. He has shown that this water has measurably different characteristics including: molecular stability, a negative electrical charge, greater viscosity, molecular alignment, and an enhanced ability to absorb certain spectra of light. He and others have provided evidence that the liquid crystalline phase of water is intimately connected with the generation of life.

So when the light shines through my belly button, it makes the negatively charged viscous water molecules dance around and make babies in my tummy?

On a more serious note...
    I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the biological benefits of anything you have listed there. Even if he has discovered this miraculous water, how exactly is this a bonus to your body? You do realise that your body's system is a delicate balancing act between hydrophobic and hydrophillic forces, along with positive and negative charges...
    How would taking something that shouldn't have a charge (water) and giving it a charge possibly be of any benefit whatsoever to the human body?

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    So am I reading this right.

structured water is... um. ice?

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

It has a life force. And it forms relationships.
  • wellz6
    wellz6 Posts: 81
    Options

Structured water cannot hold its structure for long. The hydrogen bonds are continually breaking and reforming at timescales shorter than 200 femtoseconds (quadrillionths of a second)

It's pseudo-scientific nonsense.

So what happens to the magic water when it hits your stomach acid?

Here is an excerpt which talks about the water not holding its structure for long.

Q: If hydrogen bonds in water only last nanoseconds, how can you maintain water’s structure?

A: The new sciences are beginning to look at many things from an energetic perspective—including water. In fact, they are beginning to define life in terms of the flow of energy rather than in terms of chemistry. When water molecules become organized to create a coherent liquid crystalline matrix, an energy “field” comes into existence around the water. It can be photographed and measured – like the aura around the human body (which is also a coherent liquid crystalline matrix.) The energy field helps to hold the liquid crystalline structure–and the structure of the molecules provides a pathway for the flow of energy. From a new perspective, this is life itself. Hence, the term, “living water.” There are things that will disrupt water’s structure: heat, microwaves and other unnatural electromagnetic frequencies, fluorescent lights, direct sunlight for a long period of time, contaminants, stagnation, etc. but when the right forces come together and a coherent field is established, hydrogen bonds become much more stable and water can maintain a good degree of structure for quite some time.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »

Uhh.... uhhh....... I am sorry this post just made me a little stupider... this is beyond quackery...

Do you even science bro? Apparently not...

Calling something quackery just because you don't agree with it? You mention science but yet automatically dismiss the work of a bioengineer who has actually done research on the matter. I suppose you know more than him?

I also find it funny that just because someone doesn't understand or agree with something they have to make smart *kitten* remarks about being "stupid" from reading it. Shows how close-minded you are.

Look, this bit may all be true - without looking up and reading the work, who knows. But at least these are all physical properties that could reasonably be affected by the changes described:

"demonstrated water’s capacity to form large zones of structured water. He has shown that this water has measurably different characteristics including: molecular stability, a negative electrical charge, greater viscosity, molecular alignment, and an enhanced ability to absorb certain spectra of light."

But the interpretation that somehow this is "intimately connected with the generation of life" is bunk.

Besides. You're drinking the stuff - do you think any zone of "structured water" is going to be maintained through your digestive tract, absorption, and use in various biochemical processes?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

ETA Source: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/water/shedding-more-light-on-structured-water

When I was in early elementary school, the demonstration question on one part of the standardized testing was "Remember, cats have feelings too."

It was clearly all wrong.

It should have been "Remember, water has feelings too."

• sullus
    Options

Uhh.... uhhh....... I am sorry this post just made me a little stupider... this is beyond quackery...

Calling something quackery just because you don't agree with it? You mention science but yet automatically dismiss the work of a bioengineer who has actually done research on the matter. I suppose you know more than him?

I also find it funny that just because someone doesn't understand or agree with something they have to make smart *kitten* remarks about being "stupid" from reading it. Shows how close-minded you are.

"But what did that speech amount to? It came to this ingenuous confession of an “open mind.” The mind was indeed so open that it had nothing in it at all." - Sir Edward Clark, 1886
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Structured water cannot hold its structure for long. The hydrogen bonds are continually breaking and reforming at timescales shorter than 200 femtoseconds (quadrillionths of a second)

Here is an excerpt which talks about the water not holding its structure for long.

Q: If hydrogen bonds in water only last nanoseconds, how can you maintain water’s structure?

A: The new sciences are beginning to look at many things from an energetic perspective—including water. In fact, they are beginning to define life in terms of the flow of energy rather than in terms of chemistry. When water molecules become organized to create a coherent liquid crystalline matrix, an energy “field” comes into existence around the water. It can be photographed and measured – like the aura around the human body (which is also a coherent liquid crystalline matrix.) The energy field helps to hold the liquid crystalline structure–and the structure of the molecules provides a pathway for the flow of energy. From a new perspective, this is life itself. Hence, the term, “living water.” There are things that will disrupt water’s structure: heat, microwaves and other unnatural electromagnetic frequencies, fluorescent lights, direct sunlight for a long period of time, contaminants, stagnation, etc. but when the right forces come together and a coherent field is established, hydrogen bonds become much more stable and water can maintain a good degree of structure for quite some time.

This doesn't really answer what happens when it reaches stomach acid. Wouldn't that kind of nullify any of these magical properties?
  • sullus
    Options

No. It cannot. That bolded statement is false.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Only if shown the proper respect. Structured water is no one's door mat.

• sullus
    Options

Anyhow .. If you believe this nonsense, good luck.

If you're trolling - well played. you got me.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Only if shown the proper respect. Structured water is no one's door mat.

It's tired of being kicked around!
  • sullus
    edited March 2015
    Options
    XX double post.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

I dismiss it out of hand because it is fundamentally impossible for it to be true, and I don't know who this biochemist is, or where he got his doctorate, but anyone with high school level of chemistry is going to dismiss this as quackery.

Wait you said "bioengineer" - never mind... that makes it even funnier. It's bunk
  • wellz6
    wellz6 Posts: 81
    Options

Kirlian photography has shown energy fields around living objects.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

OMG... wow... just.... wow... I can't... even...