Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Divia09 wrote: »
    I love chick Fil-a nuggets they are my weakness

Bigot chicken?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! That is exactly what I thought when I read the two posts here about that place! UGH

*kitten* chick fil a.

Agreed. Never been there. Never will.

Let's not get judgy! I choose not to go there, but I don't particularly care if anyone else goes. The food is bangin' and those shakes...they bring me to the yard every time. Responsible consumerism can only go so far. If we boycotted every place that has ever done something we are personally against, no one would buy anything and we'd all starve to death.

Oh, I'm not judgy about it. I don't care if anybody else goes there, I choose not to. I also haven't been to a Wal-Mart in years and years. I haven't missed them a bit, and I'm sure they don't miss me either.

Now, if only I could think of a reason to boycott Hershey...

For me the taste of Hershey is enough to boycott it.
  • MoreFabbLessFlab
    MoreFabbLessFlab Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I judge, If service is bad I won't ever go back to said establishment. Even if it means going without or out of my way. Sometimes I go to the website and complain if it was really bad.Same way with movies. If a actor, say Forest Whitaker, ruins a series I was watching, say The Shield, and he was such a dickhead, that I refuse to watch anything that he has or will ever do.

And I itch and scratch too. I wake up with bloody fingernails and scabs on my arms, I think it is stress or nerves, Now I have a spot on my face and I pick at it all the time. It won't go away.

And I am a lemon or red candy lover.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I hate any SOUR/BITTER candies. I ate a sour ball candy when I was younger and later threw up. I am convinced it was that sour ball candy. :o

Same thing happened with me and popcorn. Had some really awful dry over-salted stuff from a park concession stand, got a scratchy sore throat almost immediately, and it had turned into tonsillitis by the next day. I've always associated popcorn with tonsillitis since then and hate it.

When I was 3 I ate so many cheese puffs while no one was supervising me (at a party, not my parents fault!) that I puked orange for hours after. I still won't eat cheese puffs.

Also, something happened between rice and I when I was little, and I've just now begun getting over my hate of it. I can now eat sticky rice, and little bits of rice if they're in things.

It's peppermint for me. I had an ill-conceived night of peppermint schnapps when I was ~19 and still can't stand anything peppermint.

Tequila has been ruined for me. But thankfully it's not a smell I come across often.

I have a fear of popcorn air poppers. When I was 3 a hot kernel went down the front of my overalls and burned my belly - I still have the scar just above my bellybutton. So I can watch the popcorn pop until those last few pieces start flying everywhere, then I need to step away.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    +1 on scratching... Lifelong eczema sufferer. It's been a while since I've had a bad flare up, but I did have a mild one recently and I wanted to cut my arm off. When I was little, my mom would make me sleep with socks over my hands so I didn't destroy my skin in my sleep.

I used to wake up in the middle of the night scratching my shins raw, to the point of bleeding. Diligent post-shower moisturizing has made that a thing of the past, also jumping in with prescription cortisone cream when any little spots start.

Growing up I was allergic to nylon. This meant I could never play on the floor. In order to hang out in the family room, my parents would put paper on the floor for me.

Mom? Dad? Weren't the towels cotton?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    +1 on scratching... Lifelong eczema sufferer. It's been a while since I've had a bad flare up, but I did have a mild one recently and I wanted to cut my arm off. When I was little, my mom would make me sleep with socks over my hands so I didn't destroy my skin in my sleep.

I used to wake up in the middle of the night scratching my shins raw, to the point of bleeding. Diligent post-shower moisturizing has made that a thing of the past, also jumping in with prescription cortisone cream when any little spots start.

Growing up I was allergic to nylon. This meant I could never play on the floor. In order to hang out in the family room, my parents would put paper on the floor for me.

hahaha, I'm picturing newspaper, like you'd put down for a puppy
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I hate any SOUR/BITTER candies. I ate a sour ball candy when I was younger and later threw up. I am convinced it was that sour ball candy. :o

Same thing happened with me and popcorn. Had some really awful dry over-salted stuff from a park concession stand, got a scratchy sore throat almost immediately, and it had turned into tonsillitis by the next day. I've always associated popcorn with tonsillitis since then and hate it.

For me it is Rum Raisin ice cream. When I was little my aunt babysat me and let me eat as much as I wanted. Of course I got sick and haven't been able to go near rum raisin ice cream ever since.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I kissed a girl and I liked it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I know! I'm sorry, that was my first thought, too. Perhaps your parents were used to having pets before having children.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Bigot chicken?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! That is exactly what I thought when I read the two posts here about that place! UGH

*kitten* chick fil a.

Let's not get judgy! I choose not to go there, but I don't particularly care if anyone else goes. The food is bangin' and those shakes...they bring me to the yard every time. Responsible consumerism can only go so far. If we boycotted every place that has ever done something we are personally against, no one would buy anything and we'd all starve to death.

Oh, I'm not judgy about it. I don't care if anybody else goes there, I choose not to. I also haven't been to a Wal-Mart in years and years. I haven't missed them a bit, and I'm sure they don't miss me either.

But, Hershey's makes Reese's peanut butter cups!
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome free therapy! A few more confessions:

1) my middle child is in her first year of high school and she keeps asking about my high school years, I almost feel guilty for telling her I'm old, it was 20+ years ago and I don't remember much. Then I realize that telling her I rarely actually went to school and spent most of my teen years drunk as a skunk probably isn't the best either.

2) my high school reunion is coming up this summer, one of the only reasons I'm thinking of going is to confirm the rumors that my former "best friend" (who was *kitten* my boyfriend in high school) turned into a crack *kitten*. I didn't like most of the people I went to school with and to be honest I was too drunk to remember them anyways,

3) I'm not a huge fan of "gummy" candies, except sour patch kids left to soak in Cachaca (Brazilian rum), they are *kitten* awesome!
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I know! I'm sorry, that was my first thought, too. Perhaps your parents were used to having pets before having children.

hahahahaha. It was newspaper! And no, neither parent had pets, and we never did, either. Later, as an adult, I was telling my cousin about it, and he had exactly the same reaction as you. Just bust a gut laughing that my parents put down newspaper for me.

Good news is (see what I did there?), since we never had pets, I didn't know any better until I had talked with my cousin, so I'm not scarred. Although he occasionally asks me "What's black & white & red all over?". heh heh
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I keep losing weight and eating great and then I go drinking with friends and I'm right back where I started again! This has happened at least 10 times in the last year...not sure when I'm going to learn! It seems to be on a 2-4 week cycle.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Not a judgement but why didn't you just make the hot chocolate? Not sweet enough?

I've actually done this as well...sometimes I kind of like dry chalky tastey things...it's kind of weird I know but it's more of a texture thing.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

1) my middle child is in her first year of high school and she keeps asking about my high school years, I almost feel guilty for telling her I'm old, it was 20+ years ago and I don't remember much. Then I realize that telling her I rarely actually went to school and spent most of my teen years drunk as a skunk probably isn't the best either.

2) my high school reunion is coming up this summer, one of the only reasons I'm thinking of going is to confirm the rumors that my former "best friend" (who was *kitten* my boyfriend in high school) turned into a crack *kitten*. I didn't like most of the people I went to school with and to be honest I was too drunk to remember them anyways,

3) I'm not a huge fan of "gummy" candies, except sour patch kids left to soak in Cachaca (Brazilian rum), they are *kitten* awesome!

I don't know, I think it would have helped my high school self to know my parents less than stellar moments. Maybe not full disclosure, but I never felt like I could tell them anything. I never, ever would have called my parents or told them if I had gotten into trouble. It really broke down my relationship with them for a few years.
  • KayRisTee
    KayRisTee Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I buy two bags of candy when I shop alone. One for everyone in the house to share, and one I hid in a drawer that's just mine. I eat only a little of the shared bag but demolish my hidden bag. That way my husband doesn't know just how much candy I actually eat. It makes me so ashamed
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Bigot chicken?

*kitten* chick fil a.

But, Hershey's makes Reese's peanut butter cups!

That's the only thing that redeems them. Although I guess their chocolate syrup is not bad.
  • Amanda4change
    Options

I don't know, I think it would have helped my high school self to know my parents less than stellar moments. Maybe not full disclosure, but I never felt like I could tell them anything. I never, ever would have called my parents or told them if I had gotten into trouble. It really broke down my relationship with them for a few years.

Thankfully my daughters (19 & 14) know they can come to me with anything (and they do) they know I'm not perfect (both can and have done the math an know I was 17 when I got pregnant with my now 19 year old). My 14 year old goes to a charter school because she got into so many fights in "regular" high school. She has her moms inability to stand by an do nothing if she sees someone being bullied, or even a fight with uneven odds she will jump in and even things out. It helps that all in all she's a good kid and knows I have her back and will defend her when she's done the right thing. I also worry about damaging what little relationship she has with my mother as I know her first question is going to be why I spent years being drunk (which as clichéd as it sounds is all about my mother).
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    So here’s a real confession but it’s not like most people didn’t have this phobia as well. As a child I was deathly afraid completely petrified of clowns I couldn’t go to the circus because of them. My grandmother painted four portraits of clowns for me the year I was born and they hung on the four walls of my bed room. I had to sleep in complete darkness so I would see their creepy faces gazing down at me. When there would be lightning storms the flash would light up the room and I would see them staring at me. To make matters worse both sets of my grandparents gave me clown dolls, Howdy Doody dolls and other ventriloquist doll that would all appear to be looking at me, in the flashes of light. Oh yeah great now I remembered I was deathly afraid of storms as well.
    When I stayed at my grandmothers house I would always get up really early in the morning to watch Saturday cartoons (a concept lost on todays kids) but to get to the den where the TV was I had to walk through the living room where my grandmother had the glass figurines of clowns that also scared the bejesus out of me. So every night as I went to bed I would turn them around so I wouldn’t see their faces in the morning but somehow every morning they had mysteriously turned back around to greet me with their creepy smiling faces. I would summon up the courage and sprint through the room to get to the safe haven of the den and my Saturday morning cartoons and the wonderful worlds of Sid Krofft’s inventions.
    I now love clowns and creepy dolls, I have the clown portraits that terrified me as a child but my wife and kids are so creeped out by them they won’t let me hang them in the house.
    If I could figure out how to post the clown portraits I would but here is a few of the types of dolls that were in my room. They are the same types that I had, trust me they are indelibly etched in my mind for eternity!
    158919030_1950s-ideal-howdy-doody-ventriloquist-doll-hard-plastic-.jpg
    454a1a24318a40d8ba479940e2969668.jpg
    vintage-bozo-the-clown-ventriloquist-dummy-puppet-americanlisted_31867995.jpg
  • Amanda4change
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    So here’s a real confession but it’s not like most people didn’t have this phobia as well. As a child I was deathly afraid completely petrified of clowns I couldn’t go to the circus because of them. My grandmother painted four portraits of clowns for me the year I was born and they hung on the four walls of my bed room. I had to sleep in complete darkness so I would see their creepy faces gazing down at me. When there would be lightning storms the flash would light up the room and I would see them staring at me. To make matters worse both sets of my grandparents gave me clown dolls, Howdy Doody dolls and other ventriloquist doll that would all appear to be looking at me, in the flashes of light. Oh yeah great now I remembered I was deathly afraid of storms as well.
    When I stayed at my grandmothers house I would always get up really early in the morning to watch Saturday cartoons (a concept lost on todays kids) but to get to the den where the TV was I had to walk through the living room where my grandmother had the glass figurines of clowns that also scared the bejesus out of me. So every night as I went to bed I would turn them around so I wouldn’t see their faces in the morning but somehow every morning they had mysteriously turned back around to greet me with their creepy smiling faces. I would summon up the courage and sprint through the room to get to the safe haven of the den and my Saturday morning cartoons and the wonderful worlds of Sid Krofft’s inventions.
    I now love clowns and creepy dolls, I have the clown portraits that terrified me as a child but my wife and kids are so creeped out by them they won’t let me hang them in the house.
    If I could figure out how to post the clown portraits I would but here is a few of the types of dolls that were in my room. They are the same types that I had, trust me they are indelibly etched in my mind for eternity!
    158919030_1950s-ideal-howdy-doody-ventriloquist-doll-hard-plastic-.jpg
    454a1a24318a40d8ba479940e2969668.jpg
    vintage-bozo-the-clown-ventriloquist-dummy-puppet-americanlisted_31867995.jpg

I wasn't scared of clowns as a kid, but as an adult they terrify me
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I keep losing weight and eating great and then I go drinking with friends and I'm right back where I started again! This has happened at least 10 times in the last year...not sure when I'm going to learn! It seems to be on a 2-4 week cycle.

^^^ this! I am trying to be as mindful as possible for my next outing next week to Haufbrahus. Beers & Polka=mindless eating. The saurkraut balls and bavaarian pretzels have already been calling my name for the past two weeks.