What is your goal weight (include height when responding)

Options

Replies

• krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 220lbs (though I lost 20lbs of that with the Special K diet and then kind of stopped trying). When I got serious about health and fitness, I was 196lbs. I"m 28 years old and 5'3.5". :)

My current weight is 114lbs and my goal weight is 110lbs. :smile:

Right now I do a loooot of running, strength training, and I've started eating cleaner. I sort of spent the first few years muddling through the process of weight loss by myself with no real guidance, just tips from the Biggest Loser. I spent all of last year in a plateau until I changed my diet, my workout, and joined myfitnesspal. But I'm learning more every day and doing better!
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    SW: 230lbs
    GW: 130lbs
    Height 5' 2"
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    hey guys I'm curious to know your goal weight and where you started at! Maybe include some tips and tricks for others getting started (include starting weight goal weight current weight tips and height etc) (all things are optional to include)

For me, its more of a fat loss goal than dropping weight (bulked for a decade and put on too much fat :D ).

5'8" (around 178cm)

Three-weeks ago
    232lbs (105kg)
    35%

Current
    223lbs (101kg)
    30% bf

Goal
    205lbs (93kg)
    10% bf (probably more like 15% by end of December)

Tips and tricks
    2g per lb weight in protein
    less than 60g fat but more than 50g
    80-100g carbs
    On fridays, eat 300g+ carbs and ignore what the cal/fat says

This workout plan: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arnold-schwarzeneggers-blueprint-to-cut-day-1.html

MOST IMPORTANT PART --> 8 hours of sleep every day!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    kotarea wrote: »
    SW: 189 lbs
    CW: 125 lbs
    GW: 115 lbs
    Height: 5'8"

Really want to just get toned now

At 5'8 125lbs is plenty light enough. You're not going to "get toned" unless you make sure you are prioritizing muscle maintenance (proper protein intake, ideally heavy lifting if not a requirement) and have a slower deficit. Would be better to eat at maintenance and lift weights for a handful of months then try your hand at a small bulk, then once you're back up to maybe 135, go on a small cut to focus on fat loss.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Goal Weight. I have Goal Abs.

Mission accoplished.

It took me 54 pounds (204 to 150 @ 6' ) to get there.
  • newstart1988
    newstart1988 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 my goal weight is 130 pounds. I'm doing 2 slim fast shakes a day and 1 lean cuisine frozen meal for dinner. Any tips? :-)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    5'4 female
    sw:237
    gw:145
    Cw:229.1

get plenty of rest, water, and a lifestyle change that works best for you and your body and exercise you love. It is about lifestyle transformation not just weight. It is good to know why you are overweight and work on yourself mentally and spiritually as well so one geals completely and builds self confidence.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 my goal weight is 130 pounds. I'm doing 2 slim fast shakes a day and 1 lean cuisine frozen meal for dinner. Any tips? :-)

Eat real food. Is that how you want to live the rest of your life?
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sw: 295
    Cw: 217
    Goal: 130 ( I think)
    Height: 5'1"

I'm trying to remember this is a way to live forever so no extremes, try to incorporate exercise into my life on a daily basis. Weigh without becoming obsessed by the number.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I have a goal size rather than a goal weight, because my weight isn't accurate. 5'11", US 12-14 dress size. That would be my advice, though. Look beyond a number on the scale, because it's a slow process, and there will be plenty of weeks where you don't lose or it looks like you've gained, but it's just water. Track your measurements and clothing size, and look at how your clothes fit.

If the measurements are going the wrong way and your clothes are getting tighter in places they shouldn't for an extended length of time, then worry about the weight not moving.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    CW: 131
    GW: 114
    Height: 4ft9
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    6ft starting weight 265 (been as high as 275ish and as low as 230ish before starting here).

Current weight 246.

Goal 200

Been logging fairly well but need to become consistent with my exercise.

My tip would be to attack this thing with enthusiasm. Like a hobby or a passion. Make it a part of your life so you can do it every day without it being a grind.
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Height: 173cms

SW: 275lbs
    CW: ?
    GW: 140ish lbs
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 220lbs (though I lost 20lbs of that with the Special K diet and then kind of stopped trying). When I got serious about health and fitness, I was 196lbs. I"m 28 years old and 5'3.5". :)

My current weight is 114lbs and my goal weight is 110lbs. :smile:

Right now I do a loooot of running, strength training, and I've started eating cleaner. I sort of spent the first few years muddling through the process of weight loss by myself with no real guidance, just tips from the Biggest Loser. I spent all of last year in a plateau until I changed my diet, my workout, and joined myfitnesspal. But I'm learning more every day and doing better!

So curious, how long did it take you to get down to 115 from 220? (Or whenever you got "serious")
  • AlexisMichele93
    AlexisMichele93 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 years old. 5"8.
    SW:205.4
    CW: 200.2 after exactly 2 weeks on here.
    Gw: 175 then reassess to maybe as low as 150.

I cook my own dinners now and most of my lunches. I always check calories before I eat something of course (some of my favorite foods were over 1k calories but I could copy them at home or be satisfied with smaller portions.) I work out at least 4 days a week and just do little things throughout the day. Even silly things like I'll park further away to get in maybe a minute of a walk. I don't deny myself things I couldn't see myself never eating again, I just try and be more careful. I do stop drinking and eating things I know aren't good for me that I'd rather use my calories on something else for. Coke is not that important, or Hamburger Helper, or etc but homemade brownies are I'll just only eat 1 a day. I think doing challenges are fun! Not just weight loss challenges as a whole, but littler ones like work outs to do each day to get better at. Just try to make the lifestyle changes a little at a time and make sure they are sustainable. :)
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3
    SW 248.8
    CW 230.0

I kind of have "mini" goals for myself set up already, and little dates to try and keep myself on track... They're spaced so I don't rush into this too quickly, but so I can ensure I'm becoming healthier and staying focused! :)

They Are:

GW 1: 240.0(reached in February)
    GW 2: 230.0(Reached in March)

GW 3: 200(July 2015)
    GW 4: 180(December 2015)
    GW 5: 160(March 2016)
    GW 6: 140(December 2016)
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 years old & 5'7". My starting weight was 185lbs. Currently I'm 156. My goal weight is 140-145lbs. I just eat at my calorie deficit & do some cardio & weights during the week.
    kotarea wrote: »
    SW: 189 lbs
    CW: 125 lbs
    GW: 115 lbs
    Height: 5'8"

Really want to just get toned now

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    5'7", 23

SW: ???? The last time I was weighed prior to my most recent weight loss attempt was in high school some years ago. The number was somewhere in the high 200s, maybe near 270.
    CW: 138
    GW: I'll start phasing into maintenance once I hit between 135-133, probably 135. I've been playing with the number ever since I started weighing myself again.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    SW: 210
    CW:173.5
    GW: 155-160
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    Starting weight was 263 lbs