What is your goal weight (include height when responding)

Options

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 9 1/2" (I have a large frame)
    Starting weight: 251 (October 2014)
    Current weight: 218
    Goal weight: between 165-180 (depends on how I look and feel, may be slightly lower, but won't be under 150ish as I tend to look unhealthy below that weight)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    SW: 248
    CW: 187.3
    GW: 135-145 (the lower end would put me near 20% BF, so I'm probably heading there)
  • gantzgirl87
    gantzgirl87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 27 yrs old.

SW - 242 (this year...my highest was over 275 in 2008)
    CW - 223
    GW - 150 (to be considered a healthy BMI)

I am far from an expert because I've been on this journey many times. My tips are just to take it slow, and find supportive people to surround yourself with. It's no way to live being overwhelmed with everything at once. These changes have to last a lifetime, so make sure you're doing something that you won't get sick of after a month. It's okay to mess up, just remember that tomorrow is another chance to be better and move on.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    5'7"
    SW: 169 (Aug. 7, 2014)
    CW: 132.4
    GW: 129.9 ( o:) ), plus to lose at least 3 more pounds of fat on top of that, and add 3 pounds of muscle

Really I base it off size, I fit a much larger size than most people my weight. I think I am finally starting to slim down though, I bought a size 10 jeans on Dec. 24 (down from a 16) and out shrunk them. Went tonight, tried on an 8 (same exact jeans) and realized they were too big too! I skipped right over my goal size of 8, to a 6. Mind you, I think this brand runs larger than most (Lucky Brand) but their 6's fit in every style I tried. My new goal size is that I can wear an 8 in any brand, and a 6 in anything that runs big. Wearing an 8 makes shopping a whole lot easier than being stuck between regular and plus sizing (too big for regular, too small for plus).

Tips: Use a food scale. Be honest. Be Accurate. Learn. Moderation (don't binge and blow it!). Slow and steady wins the race. Success breeds success (You're more apt to stick with it if you're seeing the pounds come off).
  • deeqo2015
    deeqo2015 Posts: 12
    Options
    I was almost 300 pounds when i last weighted myself. I came down to 190 couple weeks ago. Tonight, i am 196.2. I am killing myself about it. I don't want to gain, i want to lose. I usually eat healthy, however i am having crazy cravings now. That's how i gain 6ibs. My goal is 166 by June. I hope i get there. I will work my butt off starting tomorrow. If you can give me any tips, that would be helpful.
    Good luck to all us!
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    SW: 167
    CE: 145
    GW: 135-140
    Height: 5'5

I'm honestly happy where I'm at which is 145. I've dropped two pant sizes (wearing a 10) and I have gotten loads of compliments about go great I look now. I am pear shaped and curvy regardless, and stayed around 140-145 pre kids. I just want to get 5 to 10 lbs lighter for "wiggle" room during maintenance for sanity sake.

It's taken me 3 months to get to where I'm at now by logging and weighing every single thing I consume. In fact, tonight was the first meal out in which I had to guess via generalized entries in MFP. I was jogging 45 min 5 days a week, but now I'm down to only 2 or 3 days (none this week ( simply due to overtime required at work this time of year, and having two small children in sports). I suspect to drop these last few pounds I will have to make the time for regular cardio again.
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    MB_Positif wrote: »
    I'm 5'9 my goal weight is 130 pounds. I'm doing 2 slim fast shakes a day and 1 lean cuisine frozen meal for dinner. Any tips? :-)

Eat real food. Is that how you want to live the rest of your life?

I second that. I eat lean cuisines every day for lunch or dinner, but I also cook often and work in many other regular foods I ate before. I just eat much less.
  • minipony
    minipony Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    CW: 110
    GW: 107
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    50 - female
    SW: 181
    CW: 179.6 (1 week into MFP!)
    GW: 150-155 (I look gaunt under that weight)

Like @2ledbetter above me, I'm trying to remember this is a lifestyle shift. I row/scull 5 days a week and would like to compete in October, so I'm highly motivated to get on with this. I've been volitionally anorexic (for 6 months to the day, pre-planned) and conversely thought I had (20 yrs later) binge eating disorder. Then I realized I come from a long line of females with food issues and I just need to get over it.
  • michelle3or
    michelle3or Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Age 44
    SW: 143
    CW: 121.5
    GW: 118.5

I am small-boned, 5'5". My goal weight is what I weighed when I was at the height of my fitness 3.5 years ago. Then my dad died and my son got Cancer and I sat around eating foods others prepared for me. I'm finally getting my life back.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    6' 5"
    SW 258
    CW 253
    GW 220

I've only been at this for 2 weeks and am very happy how it's starting. I was trying to lose just a pound a week but it looks like that shouldn't be a problem. I have no problem meeting my 500 calorie deficit and am usually quite a bit below. Yesterday, for instance, I was 1500 below. Logging my intake really helped me see which foods were doing the most amount of damage.

Two things really helped me. When I have a meal, I load up on the veggies before anything else. For snacks I eat fruit first.

Second, I only allow myself a beer if I've walked my 10k steps for the day.

I haven't eliminated any foods, just cut back on portions and really stepped up the fruit and veggies
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sw- 84kg
    Cw- 77 kg
    goal 65 kg
    I started this a month and half ago
  • pipesydoodle
    pipesydoodle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    SW: 231
    CW: 226
    GW: 130

I'm 5'4 and boy do I love junk food with an utter passion. But after I found out I weighed more than my mom, I had to make a change.
    I've yo-yo-ed with weight loss in the past, but I always got demotivated and gave up. This time around, I'm being stricter with my portions while still allowing myself small treats from time to time. I'm also working out a lot more, even if my body keeps telling me it's not the most fun thing in the world.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm currently maintaining at my goal weight of 130 at 5'7"
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" goal is 145 currently 175. Currently trying 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes weight training, 5 days a week
  • Tzinn1992
    Tzinn1992 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 start weight 226
    Current weight 200
    Goal Weight 175
  • 505n8v
    505n8v Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Height 5'4
    SW 160
    CW 158
    GW 140-145
  • napybynature
    napybynature Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    29 y/o, 69.5"
    SW: 194
    CW: 188
    GW: 168-172

I have no idea how to accurately note my goal weight, but I'm sure its somewhere around that range. When I weight train at my fittest I am around that. However, right now I have a lot of fat, but when I am toned my weight gets in the low 70s. Just my body type I guess. So I'm sure I will get to about 150-something and then my weight will go up. Or my weight will never get that low and my body fat will just go down and I will lose inches.
  • wannabefitgirl25
    wannabefitgirl25 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and 5'3
    SW: 157
    CW: 153
    GW: 140

But I would feel most comfortable at
  • wannabefitgirl25
    wannabefitgirl25 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and 5'3