Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Tanya -80feet up a pine tree –oohwhee those needles itch- I love pines but used to trim them in my yards – you MUST wear protective clothes, don’t you…not to mention the other part of the 80 feet of branches! What progress you’ve made –including the pull-ups!

@Tanya – I vote with those who believe you need an MRI scan…

@Angelika – congrats on keeping 46 lbs off and Congrats on your 11 year old! I have gained all my weight back…and I am trying to log again too.

@Skinny – such a good caring friend Karen [Hugs]]

@Mel – a birthday girl party sounds fun – and fried chicken appro. for a spring day! Not too far off really – can you make up for it later in the week?

@Morgori – Tom bet you miss Nascars don’t you?

@tih – well you focused on calories and did a good job, for a cake baker that’s great!

@goinst12 – so sorry you had to put your puppy down, such a loss! They are a true member of the family lots of people don’t understand that….
    Oh dear, sorry about your hubby going on full-time O2, and you dealing with your bronchial problems. So much going on! I can see you do need the rest!
    Don’t worry about not logging on here and chatting or participating. We love to hear your update, but when even minutes count – get your sleep! Congrats to your niece on the baby – what a shame you had to turn around without seeing her – I’d growl too!

AFM – Tonite I’m taking off from duty at the hospital with my stop-mom. I’m enjoying one of my favorite movies – FAST FIVE (hope that’s right) with Vin Diesel, The Rock, (I have an autographed photo of him, silly me) and other stars…..
    Have been good with food …..
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    wkgpphrezwry.jpg
  • RobinsEgg
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Tracy - forgive - I've forgotten how long you've been doing cakes - you're so talented :D My fav is Sophie
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @tlh0407 - those are so cute
    @RobinsEgg - a night off is a treat
    @GOINSTD12‌ - I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands health and the loss of your pet.
    @brown_eyed_frog - that's a success !

Worked hard at our remodeling project today. It was just me and my husband and we had a great day together. Lots if "free" exercise.
  • NewCaddy
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Robin. While I made my kids cakes always I took two classes a year ago and started selling cakes in September. The Sophie cake is my favorite too. The Minnie Mouse cake was a challenge.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @2ledbetter‌ --what is the project you and your husband are doing? Back in 2004, my husband and I remodeled our kitchen. We did all of the demo, flooring, and painting ourselves, but we had professionals install the new cabinets and counter-tops. We did hang some of the old cabinets in the laundry room ourselves, and they haven't fallen off the walls yet, so I guess we did okay. LOL

@tracy (tlh)--those cakes are incredible-- I agree with robin; you're very talented! I also didn't get to the gym all week due to meetings and then not feeling well. I really miss it and agree it's vital to my mental health as well. Can't wait to get there tomorrow!

@robin--Vin Diesel is one of my favorites!

@tracy (goins)--I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. That's such a tough loss. :cry: Glad your husband got the treatment he needed--hopefully, he's learned his lesson about following doctor's orders.

@browneyed--great job skipping the treats your friends made. :smile:

@morgori--love the HDT quote!

@melissa--remember when we were talking about how much weight we would lose living with our nieces/nephews? I think your Hyvee experience contradicts our prediction and explains why all moms and dads aren't toothpicks. :lol:

Saturday Success:
    I don't have any fitness related successes, but I did get quite a bit of grading done this week. Of course as you can see from my list below, there's always more. :/

Today wasn't terrible food-wise considering I was out at the fundraiser most of the day. Even with some drinks and bar food, I was under maintenance for the day. However, overall my week was just plain bad. Over on calories more days than not and no exercise. I'm thankful I get this week off to really kick it into high gear. I have 5 opportunities to make it to the gym and though I know I won't make all of them, I plan to get there at least 4 times.

I also can finally do an inventory of what I have in the freezer and cabinets and restock on healthy fare. I've been reading about several of you doing so over the past couple of weeks and was jealous that I just didn't have the time. Now I do, so I will. :smile:

Thank you for all of the kind words about my friend. I appreciate the hugs and support. The fundraiser was packed, so I assume it was a great success. They ran 3 different painting classes which all had high attendance. Our session was called "Apples! Apples!" We were supposed to divide our canvas into 4 quadrants of color and then paint an apple in each one. I started with the 4 quadrants, but I chose to put my apples in different spots--I'm a rebel. :wink: If I think of it, I'll post a photo later. It's no masterpiece, but it turned out better than I thought it would.

March Challenge:
    At or under calories 5/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    Week 1: At/under calories 4/7 (but one day I was only over by 7 calories) UNDER FOR WK
    Week 2: At/under calories 5/7 OVER FOR WK
    Week 3: At/under calories 3/7 OVER FOR WK

All-in strength challenge=core work 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs (sick most of week though)
    Week 2: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 core; PT DONE; x/3 runs YUCK
    Week 4: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. x/64 AP essays
    2. x/16 AP analysis activities
    3. x/12 America Poem analyses
    4. 45/60 Gatsby tests
    5. 1/64 Wuthering Heights journals

Exercise Goals: (week 4)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
    Mon--walk gunner + gym
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--PT
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    edited March 2015
    Options
    svgqyukp10b3.jpg

Here is my painting.
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @melissa--remember when we were talking about how much weight we would lose living with our nieces/nephews? I think your Hyvee experience contradicts our prediction and explains why all moms and dads aren't toothpicks. :lol:

LMAO! True!

@tlh0407 - gorgeous cakes! I want to take a class myself soon, since I make at least a dozen birthday cakes every year now. I'm attaching the two I've made so far this year - Anna/Elsa was for 6yo niece Laurel who was born on Valentine's Day and the "flower" cake we had tonight for 3yo niece Eliana's birthday. Not very complicated, but they loved 'em!

rvox6it2oeho.jpg

yknl8n4w1623.jpg

• RobinsEgg
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @2ledbetter - whacha remodeling? I'll wager you did a lot of sweat equity today! And probably kept your calories under target too... do you think so? Seems you did the right amount of exercise, LOL.

@Skinny - Karen, the rebel in you in great at art! I like it! Bet you gave everyone Apple Envy. Worth hanging - or auctioning in her honor - maybe you can suggest that!
    I hope spring break brings lots of gym time your way. Your mantra will serve you well. i've been using it a bit myself, and it works! I was all or nothing before.

@Brown-eyed - accidently skipped over you earlier! Way good job avoiding the yoghurt treats and other good-smelling pot-stickers you avoided - and nice of them to just bring you healthy jerky back. Good friends who did listen to you and cared about you. How nice.

@tih- tracy - yeah you do show off a practiced hand.. I'd be happy to pay your price. I'm sure hours went into creating that icing that looks so smooth, but wrapping it up against cake and getting it to hold there? That's pretty hard to do, and that pretty icing bow (is that what you called fondant) - wow.

Glad your gym is working for you and your body responds to it. And your body wants to do it. That is the real kicker - when its your body calling your mind to go to the gym, not your guilty conscience B)

AFM -The FURIOUS FIVE movie was great.
    I'm probably the last to hear about it, but they're opening a ride at Universal Studios, Hollywood -Fast and Furious Supercharged 3D Major ride for my Bucket List!
  • lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Laura here...It's been awhile since I posted, so it's nice to see the same folks are still here encouraging everyone and doing well.

Sunday Share...the reason I dropped off the thread is because I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had surgery. I will be starting radiation soon. I had lost 24 pounds before my diagnosis, then for obvious reasons, the weight loss focus was put on hold while I figured out how to deal with this life-changing news. Now that I have a better idea of what I am dealing with, I am ready to get back on track. Am thinking about seeing a nutritionist. Has anyone ever done that?

I hope everyone has a successful week. And please, don't put off getting your mammogram. My cancer was found very early due to my yearly mammo. They can save your life!

Laura
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @lleecc Laura, WOW! The best to you with your radiation treatments. Glad they caught the cancer early. It is good to see you back and understandable that you were in shock. I wish you a total speedy recovery.
    Barb (mountmary)

• NewCaddy
    Options
    Sunday Share: My name is Tracy. I’ll be 42 in a couple of weeks and I live in Bismarck with my husband of 19 years and two kids – Jacob – 13 and Emma – 8. I work from home in the life insurance business doing quality improvement for the home office employees. Like so many others, I am trying to balance my work, kids, husband, new cake business, church and health and some days I feel pretty good about it all and others I don’t. There are some days that I’m pretty busy but it’s the life I love. I know that I only have a limited number of years to be with my kids and I love getting them to, and watching them participate in the things that bring them joy. I just get tired. 

This group has been so encouraging to me and I have learned the hard way that when I have a day that’s just so terrible I’m not going to log it, it becomes longer than a day. So I have vowed that I will log the good, the bad and the ugly. That’s the only true way to see how I’ve been doing.

@Tracy…I hope you get to see your great nephew soon. Such a joy that you need to have right now while you’re dealing with so many things at home. Hope your husband learned his lesson and will listen now.
    @Robin…I’ve never seen any of those movies. My sisters love them…I might have to check them out now that we have Netflix.
    @ledbetter…Glad you had fun with your project and yes the calories burned are always so nice.
    @Karen…sounds like the fundraiser was successful. Not only in cancer treatment so hard on the body, the money is such a worry. The help you all have provided will be so welcomed. I love the apples, you rebel you!
    @Mel…so cute! I’ve never worked with the edible images yet. I really love the pastel M&M cake..very springy!
    @Laura…glad to see you but sorry to hear about the breast cancer. Hope the radiation gets it all for you.

AFM…I slept in today. I told my son and my mom and husband not to expect me in church. Apparently I forgot to tell Emma. She just got FaceTime on her iPad and thought that would be a great way to wake me up – GRRR. Luckily, it was early enough that I was able to go potty and back to bed. I am heading to the mall (heaven help me – it’s state tourney time here in Bismarck) to buy a birthday gift and then Emma is going to a birthday party from 2-4:30. I’m taking my book and just going to relax and read during those hours. Then it’s just a day of relaxing with the family at home.

And by the way…I saw a 2.2# loss today!!! Whoop whoop!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tracy (tlh)--I also slept in today. Gunner tried to wake me up early, but I just told him "no way" and he cuddled with me instead. :smile: Congrats on the loss!

@laura--welcome back! So sorry to hear about your Dx, but glad they caught it early. Yes, mammograms save lives. I've never seen a nutritionist so have nothing to offer you in that area.

@robin--yes, I'm going to keep the picture and find someplace to hang it in her honor.

Dinner is ready, so I will be back later to finish personals.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    @Mel - you did great on your cakes - on gosh - I haven't had a slice of cake in well over a year! Not being strong here, just no opportunity and I'd need an all-white cake. And Lil Debbie's don't count, do they, (ha ha)

@Laura - glad you shared your story {{{{ big hugs }}}} did you find your bravery and strength right up front? You are a lucky one for finding it early. But you do need a hand to hold going through that radiation....How's your support system? Anything we can do for you?

I just had my digital mamogram as I have dense tissue, and they DID see something suspicious, so they had me return, they redid the digital mammogram, which did not show the first problem. But they continued to investigate by having me lay down and the MD radiologist did the ultrasound to double check against the digital mammogram. This test was normal too. He determined the original test was a false positive and I was quite relieved. I will always have a digital mammo in the future since my tissue is so dense.

@Tracy - tih -you sure aren't going to get much more rest today! What a busy day you have planned - but like you said - you are blessed to have this time while they are young!

sleeping in is such a luxury - I try but I get these darn phone calls from the Doctor's offices at 8:05AM reminding me of future appointments. I swear they must be compelled to be seen as busy at that time of the morning and must like to call me because I always answer so nicely - I really got to change that - I need to develop a GROWLLLL! Or cough or spit or something gross! >:)
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good at making a round cake look fancy, but that's about it. :wink:

Gotta show off a little bit today. This week has not been great foodwise, but check out my exercise totals!

rj3m7qzqffaz.png

Probably ought to update my goals considering I do about 20 minutes of yoga every morning now (77 days in a row!), so that's 140 minutes/week right there.
  • RobinsEgg
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Melfornia - Happy for you - I love yoga - used to do it, now its more - "lets do this move I remember because it will stretch out this sore part" and "I'm feeling anxious so I'll practice my breathing" but what wonderful lessons it imparts to you! Good record - 77 days in a row - that's consitency and that can be translated into other aspects of this journey!

Skinny mentioned dinner and I need to fix mine - just heat it up. Last nite, I had Amy's vegetarian pizza on wheat crust (I think its gluten free? not sure) and it was so tasty - I did not miss those big globs of mozzarella cheese. I know because I did put a bunch on one slice, thinking I DID miss the cheese, and it ruined the communion of flavors I was enjoying! Some left for tonite!

4mkunm4i7a28.jpg
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Maybe this picture is better:

8get43srlyd5.jpg
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @tlh... what wonderful cakes! You have great talent.
    @Melifornia... love your cakes too! Pretty and I bet they taste great too.
    @Robin... so glad the final results turned out well for your mammogram.

I was lazy today and slept in as well. The sleeping pill I take at night now does wonders, I no longer wake up at my weekday time on Saturdays and Sundays. And somehow I still manage to get up at 5;30am on weekdays. My daughter was staying with my parents this weekend(she lives 1.5 hours away) so I went over to visit with all of them for the afternoon.

Food has been horrible lately, and I'm not logging. One more week of work and then I am on holidays for a week, so I will clean out the kitchen and fridge/freezer to start fresh and start tracking again. I'm also going to keep my step goal... 12k per day starting next week. The weather is still cold here and the cold is finally taking its toll on me, I don't want to go outside anymore. I was out all winter in the windchills but am so done with it now. I am completely surprised I didn't get so much as the sniffles this winter, I can count on one hand the number of days I did not spend at least several hours outside working or hiking/playing.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tanya--I'm also over the winter cold. We had a nice stretch of above average temps and now this week it's back to chilly and windy with a possibility of 1-3 inches of snow tonight. Grrr.

@melissa--great exercise! Also loved your cakes--too cute!

AFM--DH made pasta for dinner with homemade meat sauce and italian sausage. SO yummy and not a problem to work into my day since I went to the gym. Did some weights and then ran 2 miles. It felt really good to get back at it after a week off, and no foot pain which makes me so happy. I was worried the PF flare up was going to hinder my run.

Plan for tomorrow is to walk gunner and then head out for some grading time. Afterward, I will do some grocery shopping to restock on healthy stuff. I'm doing an inventory tonight so I'll know exactly what I need. Then in the evening, a friend invited me to dinner. She's making chicken caesar salad, so that should be easy to work into my calorie allowance.

I just wanted to add to laura's advice to get regular mammograms that everyone should also do monthly self-exams. Two of my close friends were diagnosed due to lumps they found during self-exams. One of them was only 27 at the time, so literally decades away from regular mammograms.

Sunday Share:
    For the newlings--I'm karen, a HS English Lit teacher who's currently on Spring Break--yay!! Still have lots of grading, but at least a break from the classroom to try to get caught up. I grew up in Chicago and currently still live in that area with my husband and big dog named gunner.

March Challenge:
    At or under calories 5/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    Week 1: At/under calories 4/7 (but one day I was only over by 7 calories) UNDER FOR WK
    Week 2: At/under calories 5/7 OVER FOR WK
    Week 3: At/under calories 3/7 OVER FOR WK

All-in strength challenge=core work 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs (sick most of week though)
    Week 2: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 core; PT DONE; x/3 runs YUCK
    Week 4: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. x/64 AP essays
    2. x/16 AP analysis activities
    3. x/12 America Poem analyses
    4. 45/60 Gatsby tests
    5. 1/64 Wuthering Heights journals

Exercise Goals: (week 4)
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon--walk gunner
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--PT
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Since I have recently shared so I will just respond to a few messages.
    #Morgori - I hope I never have to be a single parent, I need my husband's help and support.

#goinst12 - I held our dear ol' Mr Doodle when he passed away of kidney failure and I would probably still be crying if it were not for our new dog. I know a new dog is not the answeer for everyone, but she has been a God send for me.

#tlh0407 - had to zip passed those cakes, I started drooling.

#skinnyjeanzbound - Love your Apples