Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

Splitting food is full of nope. I won't touch something if someone else has. It freaks me out. I can't even leave my drink sitting around at a family party because just the idea that someone else accidentally sipped from it freaks me out.

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Confession: (Part A) I wasted my 1000th post in a peep cleanse thread. (Part B) I don't consider it a waste.

Part A. Peep cleanse.
    Part B. Waste.

You crap me up.

Confession: In my head @tincanonastring‌ 's real name is "Tim". Full Name: Tim Canon, A String. Like Matt Saracen, QB 1.
  • jwheez73
    jwheez73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually do good with my calories during the week. I'm not very consistent with working out on a regular basis though. Sometimes I just want to say "Screw it!!" and eat whatever the hell I want.

I love going to Bdub's because they have my favorite beer (Angry Orchard) and ordering fried pickles and wings!! I don't usually log my weekends because I know I'm over my calorie count. I at least try and burn enough calories cleaning and doing yard work to try and burn off the bad stuff.

My scale hasn't gone down really, but my clothes feel looser and I feel skinnier.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

Splitting food is full of nope. I won't touch something if someone else has. It freaks me out. I can't even leave my drink sitting around at a family party because just the idea that someone else accidentally sipped from it freaks me out.

I was tricked into splitting nachos with an acquaintance at a gathering a number of years back. No joke, he ate 90% of the plate by scooping them with his hands directly into gaping mouth. He then proceeded to pay for EXACTLY (down to the penny) half of the nachos (no tip), and had the nerve to ask me whether I was going to eat the scraps that remained.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Speaking of sharing food -- does nobody ever eat an entire dessert by themselves in restaurants? Is that why every dessert I order automatically arrives with two utensils and did I just miss that memo?

I dine out fairly often with a longterm male friend who does not care for sweets and rarely manages to finish his entrée... when asked if he wants to order dessert, he always declines... yet the dessert I order turns up with two spoons/forks.

This is not someone with whom I normally swap saliva (thanks for assuming we're in an intimate relationship...) and I really don't want to share germs with him. I haven't shared the rest of my meal or beverage with him. And did you not hear him say he DIDN'T WANT DESSERT??

Confession: preconceived notions and assumptions drive me batty.

As a waitress in my former life, once I place an order for dessert it usually is prepped by someone else who doesn't know that the other party said no to dessert and is doing me a solid by supplying extra spoons. Often one would decline and once I bring the dessert they say that it looks fantastic or the other says it's bigger then they though and THEN ask for a spoon to share. I get your confession, just providing the other pov.

That scenario I can totally understand... but why the exception for the dessert course?

My soup doesn't arrive with two spoons, or my salad with two forks. My beverage doesn't come with two straws.

Or the best one... when I order an appetizer dish as my entrée (and clearly specify this) and it shows up early, plunked down in the center of the table.

I get what you're saying because most of the time I order an appetizer as my meal and specify it as such so that it arrives when the other entrees do, but often it is placed in the middle of the table, but I KNOW I do not have the patience to be a restaurant server so I just place it where it needs to be. I watch what waiters and waitresses go through and can't believe how some people treat them so I try my best not to get upset easily.

And I appreciate the post above from a former waitress.

No worries, I've never expressed any displeasure to a server, even when faced with deplorably bad service. And something minor like that wouldn't affect my tipping amount either. I do recognize that someone other than my server often brings the food to the table in certain establishments.

(But... if you've let me sit there for 20 minutes with a bone dry coffee cup and water glass and haven't cruised by to offer me refills... you're getting the minimum tip.)
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    or Thomas Magnum, P.I.
  • misscollywobbles
    misscollywobbles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from an eating disorder and use MFP to justify my strange eating habits.
  • lakersfan89
    lakersfan89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I was tricked into splitting nachos with an acquaintance at a gathering a number of years back. No joke, he ate 90% of the plate by scooping them with his hands directly into gaping mouth. He then proceeded to pay for EXACTLY (down to the penny) half of the nachos (no tip), and had the nerve to ask me whether I was going to eat the scraps that remained.

I'm guessing he didn't have the money for a full order and is just a huge female cleansing product.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

Yes! Eventually I just told my husband that splitting food is not good for our marriage. He eats faster than I do, and it just makes me so mad when he eats more than his share.

Hehehe - I'm totally the opposite. I tell my husband I'll know he's done with me when he stops sharing food with me. He always lets me pick both meals and then swaps with me halfway through.

Don't worry, I don't touch anyone else's food - just mine and his.
  • lakersfan89
    lakersfan89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I smell the empty fast food bags my ex-boyfriend brings home. Then I put them in the bottom of the trash so I don't see them and won't crave them. I resist my cravings by drinking water and know I will "treat" myself with a single serving of cheesecake when I get under 200lbs!! I'm stoked for that.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Confession: (Part A) I wasted my 1000th post in a peep cleanse thread. (Part B) I don't consider it a waste.

Peep cleanse.
    Waste.

You crap me up.

Confession: In my head @tincanonastring‌ 's real name is "Tim". Full Name: Tim Canon, A String. Like Matt Saracen, QB 1.

YES! Me, too. Every time I see his avatar I think, "There's Tim".
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The first time I moved to a high-altitude area (10,000 feet) I was warned to be careful about drinking as alcohol can have more of an effect if you are not acclimated.

My thought was--yay! Maybe I can finally get drunk!

I went to a party where the alcohol was free and I had a safe ride home. Between white wine and very large Cuba Libres, I had something like 15 drinks.

I felt good, but I wasn't drunk. The next morning--nothing. I felt totally fine. I sort of gave up after that.

I can definitely get drunk, and do on several occasions. However, no matter how drunk I was, I always wake up just fine the next day. The only side effect I sometimes notice is that I feel a bit more tired. This is more likely to do with the fact that I stayed up way later than I normally do and less likely to do with the actual alcohol consumption.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options

I'm guessing he didn't have the money for a full order and is just a huge female cleansing product.

Close, but he's actually just SUPER cheap, and also a huge female cleansing product.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have never had a hangover or been drunk. This is not for lack of trying.

I've never had a hangover either, no matter how wasted I've gotten...

I have never had one either....and although I have not had alcohol in more than a decade....I did more than my fair share of drinking when I was young.....I always thought it was a super power lol

When I was in college I read this book (The Wise Men) about the people responsible for US foreign policy immediately post WW2 and putting together the Containment Doctrine and all that. There were various meetings in the USSR (esp during the Stalin era) in which the Soviets allegedly would spike the US participants' drinks with vodka to try and get them wasted but they supposedly were able to withstand this trickery given their super human tolerance build up during college days at Yale and other schools (mostly Yale, if I recall correctly). This was something I used as an excuse in my own mind for excessive drinking in college--had to build up that tolerance for the US of A.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I did get food poisoning from pesto at a restaurant once (rancid pine nuts - yum!), but that hasn't stopped me from eating that. I guess I was far more impressionable in my youth. Ha!

When I was 5, I threw up after having strawberry milk and scrambled eggs. Logically, I love eggs but the smell of strawberry syrup grosses me out.

When I was a child I was sick and they thought banana flavoured medicine would help me take it. I did and then thew up violently for days. I can now have bananas but I cannot have anything banana flavoured. *urp* Bleck.
    [/quote]

I threw up after eating a tuna sandwich when I was 6 and so traumatic was the experience I didn't end up eating it again until about 16 years later.
    [/quote]

I threw up after a peach cobbler in first or second grade (at school, it was humiliating!) and wouldn't eat anything peach flavored or peaches for years. Happily I got over this in my 20s and now love peaches.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Speaking of sharing food -- does nobody ever eat an entire dessert by themselves in restaurants? Is that why every dessert I order automatically arrives with two utensils and did I just miss that memo?

I dine out fairly often with a longterm male friend who does not care for sweets and rarely manages to finish his entrée... when asked if he wants to order dessert, he always declines... yet the dessert I order turns up with two spoons/forks.

This is not someone with whom I normally swap saliva (thanks for assuming we're in an intimate relationship...) and I really don't want to share germs with him. I haven't shared the rest of my meal or beverage with him. And did you not hear him say he DIDN'T WANT DESSERT??

I normally understand the restaurant POV on this--I normally do try to share desserts and it's common for someone to get one and offer a taste to everyone else in my circles, but on my sister's birthday last year I took her out to a restaurant and since we have different taste in desserts we each decided to get one. The server said "oh, you probably don't want two, our desserts are large and meant to be shared." Thanks for shaming us! We went ahead and got both.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I normally understand the restaurant POV on this--I normally do try to share desserts and it's common for someone to get one and offer a taste to everyone else in my circles, but on my sister's birthday last year I took her out to a restaurant and since we have different taste in desserts we each decided to get one. The server said "oh, you probably don't want two, our desserts are large and meant to be shared." Thanks for shaming us! We went ahead and got both.

How big was it? Last time I shared something with my husband the server said it was really for one person and we shared it... and it was plenty for two! Two brownies, one scoop of ice cream and some whipped cream. I don't know in what world that woman thought it was a 'one person' dessert with two brownies (I only shared that day because I had been craving brownies but didn't want to blow 800 calories on dessert).

Hahaha I'm getting annoyed just reading this. Ugh. I hate when parties split the bill equally. I remember once when I had a $7 salad and I ended up having to pay $10 towards the $25 entree that the other people got. I wasn't happy about it. If it was the other way around, I would feel bad for making them pay more than their share.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: One time, my parents took me to this flash mob thing. This was back in the 80's when people did *kitten* as a group and didn't need a flashy name for it. Anyway, we went to this drive-in that was playing a zombie triple feature. We dressed as zombies and shambled out from under the screen while the movies were playing. We banged on all the car windows moaning and pretending to be the undead. Most people thought it was funny, but I remember this one kid was just terrified. I've always felt bad for him and wondered how if he ever recovered from the shock.

Well, I just literally laughed out loud, right here at my desk and got looks!