Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Fun fact, Peeps only came out once a year because it took 24 hours to make 1 unit from start to completion, they made more than one at a time of course.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

I just go...did you just call me honey? I literally did this the other day on a conference call. A guy called the women on the call girls and I stopped the call and called him out. I do this when people flush the toilet on calls too.

I find it worse when I'm the only female in the room, which is not unusual in my industry, and someone uses something like 'boys', I call them out every time.

I confess that my Chicago upbringing has instilled a bad habit of saying "you guys" all the time. It's like our "y'all", and it doesn't even occur to me that it's technically gender specific unless someone points it out. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm saying it.

I run into this all the time and I've been trying to train myself out of it. My team is comprised entirely of females, and I find myself saying, "Hey, guys..." constantly. Saying, "Hey, ladies" sounds a bit condescending, but I'm not sure if that's true or if that's a subconscious social construct that I've developed over the years.

Confession: Sometimes I start of meetings saying, "Hey gaydies" because I think about things too much.

Guys can legitimately be used as a gender neutral term.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

I just go...did you just call me honey? I literally did this the other day on a conference call. A guy called the women on the call girls and I stopped the call and called him out. I do this when people flush the toilet on calls too.

I find it worse when I'm the only female in the room, which is not unusual in my industry, and someone uses something like 'boys', I call them out every time.

I confess that my Chicago upbringing has instilled a bad habit of saying "you guys" all the time. It's like our "y'all", and it doesn't even occur to me that it's technically gender specific unless someone points it out. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm saying it.

I run into this all the time and I've been trying to train myself out of it. My team is comprised entirely of females, and I find myself saying, "Hey, guys..." constantly. Saying, "Hey, ladies" sounds a bit condescending, but I'm not sure if that's true or if that's a subconscious social construct that I've developed over the years.

Confession: Sometimes I start of meetings saying, "Hey gaydies" because I think about things too much.

Ladies is such an uncomfortable word to me. It just seems all kinds of "ladies night".
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

I come from south jersey, where we say "you's guys" I've been in Illinois 10 years, and I still say "you's guys" the local ladies love it, I think it makes me seem more exotic and foreign.

Atco represent!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

I come from south jersey, where we say "you's guys" I've been in Illinois 10 years, and I still say "you's guys" the local ladies love it, I think it makes me seem more exotic and foreign.

Atco represent!

GSP Exit 40. ABSECON HIGHLANDS
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Guys can legitimately be used as a gender neutral term.

Guys doesn't bother me, but I have been in meetings where the whole room has been addressed 'gents' or 'boys'. And I don't look manly!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So, I went back to the Pet Peeves @ Gym thread, and now I feel like I have to confess that I don't care if anyone wipes off their machines or benches at the gym. And if no one is watching, I don't wipe mine down. Judge on that.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Watermelon IS better than pineapple.

TEAM WATERMELON!
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    wannabe2d wrote: »
    I constantly binge eat at night in bed. I'm not talking like a handful of jelly beans or a bag of chips... I'm talking an entire bag of popcorn, a 32oz slurpee, gummy bears, and a piece of chocolate right before I go to sleep.

Since it has basically become a habit for me to eat before sleep, I'm trying to change the rules so that I can still eat as much as I want- as long as it's a fruit or vegetable. No candy or junk. It's been about a week, and so far it's not working out. I just desperately lack the discipline needed to control myself. Any suggestions?

Cold turkey is hard so maybe pick one thing or reduce the servings a bit everyday. As soon as you are done eating whatever you picked, immediately brush your teeth. The feeling of clean teeth may deter the food cravings. If you are still needing something, have a bottle of water nearby. You can do the motion of consuming something without calories or having to brush your teeth again. I also find that mouthwash kicks up that clean feeling so I don't want to ruin it with food.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    this easter thread is cracking me up...

seeking advice from strangers on the internet about what to do with hard boiled eggs :neutral_face:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10117810/easter#latest

Why would a rabbit eat eggs? WHY?!?!?!

That thread is going to make my head explode.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I have to confess...I don't feel bad for the people who are overweight and constantly complaining about it just to walk into the break room and find them eating chips, donuts, and pop. I know everyone's going to hate on me now
  • kellystjohn105
    kellystjohn105 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I did get food poisoning from pesto at a restaurant once (rancid pine nuts - yum!), but that hasn't stopped me from eating that. I guess I was far more impressionable in my youth. Ha!

When I was 5, I threw up after having strawberry milk and scrambled eggs. Logically, I love eggs but the smell of strawberry syrup grosses me out.

When I was a child I was sick and they thought banana flavoured medicine would help me take it. I did and then thew up violently for days. I can now have bananas but I cannot have anything banana flavoured. *urp* Bleck.

I have not thrown up since I was 8 years old (mushroom pizza). I'm now 50. Yes, I drink.....and yes, I get the stomach flu....but I DO NOT VOMIT.
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    Confession - I've been in a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. I feel like I'm so honest about our relationship and I gush about her all of the time, all of my friends and family know but she keeps me hidden because of the fact I'm female. None of her work friends know and she hasn't even told her so called best friend even though she's said she would and we've had countless arguments about it. The only people who know in her life are her 'lesbian friends' that are already out. It's starting to get to me now and I'm beginning to feel like she's ashamed of me. I just want to have a normal relationship...

This is a tough one. A year and a half is a long time to be stressed over hiding a relationship but I really do not feel as though she is ashamed of you but she is not ready for herself to be public yet. I feel for your frustration though. My best friend didn't tell me for years although I already knew and I smiled like I didn't know that she and her other 'best friend' did all these amazing things together were actually a couple. I just waited until she was ready. She was in her 30's when she finally told me and almost 40 when she told her mom. Hang in there...
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Today's confession is that I don't bother to read an entire post if it's super long or "bloggy". I get bored easily. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Today's confession is that I don't bother to read an entire post if it's super long or "bloggy". I get bored easily. :)

This is me, I can't help it I lose interest quick and I read all this on my phone which makes it harder!
  • rcatherinejane576
    rcatherinejane576 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had three Martinis and a half a jar of maraschino cherries. I started with a low cal cocktail mixer, but by the third I just mixed it with cherry juice. I also ate a crapload of honey mustard pretzels while I cooked dinner and "forgot" to log them. In my defense, I spent three, yes, three hours at the bank going over tax documents so I can get them done today.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: yesterday, I added salt to bacon.

Most of the time, bacon grosses me out. It's something that I want maybe three times a year since I started eating meat again. I've been trying to eat down some of the stuff that I have in my freezers and I found a bit of bacon yesterday. For some reason, it was not salty at all.

In my defense, I have freaky-low blood pressure.

Mine's not freaky low, but is generally in the 105-110/60-70 range. I assume I would faint regularly if not for the copious amounts of sea salt I sprinkle on ALL THE THINGS.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Confession: Almost every damn day I ask my husband what he wants for dinner, then get disappointed when what he wants doesn't appeal. It's so stupid, because he'd totally just eat what I cooked anyway, it's just a habit.

Almost every day my husband asks me what I want for dinner. My answer is almost always, "Whatever you are cooking."
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I can't eat the edges of pop tarts. I systematically break them off and eat only the frosted areas that have filling.

I'm wayyy behind on this thread and slowly catching up. But this is similar to how I approach pop tarts. I break off the edges and eat those first, then enjoy all the frosted/filling yumminess.

Now I really want a pop tart. It's been too long....
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I just used shark week to justify a 500 calorie muffin, even though I usually judge women who blame their overeating on bodily functions.

I need to start using this phrase. It speaks to my heart.