Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Because of the forum this week I have eaten half a sleeve of Oreos, almost a jar of Skippy peanut butter and today I bought a skewer of Peeps. I'm also tempted to cook a potato and turn on The Food Network.

Starting a cleanse? I can help with that, you know.

I finally saw your peeps cleanse comments, thank you for the laugh. My next confession I kind of have an Internet crush on you after seeing it...
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I've been flagged for spam six times. I've never posted anything remotely product-related.

It would be helpful if we could see what, specifically, we have been flagged for doing.

I did explain once how to make a salt scrub. Maybe I am secretly a dupe of the salt lobby. Bawahaha! ;)

How do you find out how many times you've been flagged?

Hmmm...I clicked around and now I can't find it! Somebody please remind us how.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I've been flagged for spam six times. I've never posted anything remotely product-related.

It would be helpful if we could see what, specifically, we have been flagged for doing.

I did explain once how to make a salt scrub. Maybe I am secretly a dupe of the salt lobby. Bawahaha! ;)

Click on the bell at the top of chat page and then all notifications on the drop down list. They are listed at the top of that page.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

Click on the bell at the top of chat page and then all notifications on the drop down list. They are listed at the top of that page.

Awesome, thanks. Well I've got one for spam and one for abuse... Hmm that combined with having my witty and sarcastic profile photos reported twice makes me think I made someone mad...
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Thank you!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

Awesome, thanks. Well I've got one for spam and one for abuse... Hmm that combined with having my witty and sarcastic profile photos reported twice makes me think I made someone mad...

Thank you!

You're both welcome! :D
  • kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was so desperate for something sweet and creamy tonight that I whipped some cream, added a little bit of sweetener and then ate it with a spoon. It was great! I regret nothing.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I stopped buying poptarts years ago when I didn't have this whole moderation thing totally worked out. Even after starting MFP (following IIFYM) I didn't start eating them again just because when I checked the calories on the back of the box I saw that they're 200 calories apiece. That's 400 calories a pack so I just thought to myself that it's not worth that many calories out of my daily allotment.

Then it dawned on me yesterday...who says I have to eat both at once? So I stopped at the WalMart on my way home from the gym and bought a box of Chocolate Fudge.
    The milk I had to have with it put me 12 calories over for the day but I ate my first poptart in probably over 5 years (at least) and it was one of the most delicious things that's ever happened to me. Other than being 12 calories over, my macros were right on point.

My confession in all this? That it took me this long...
  • fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Never tried Nutella either and never will. I liken it to trying crack or heroin...better to avoid altogether. Someone gave us a jar of Jif's hazelnut spread a while back and it remains unopened months later. See the nutrition and ingredients label keeps me from being tempted. I'd donate it but then feel guilty about donating food that I deem not healthy enough for myself. I don't want to contribute to someone else's being fat in any way. Totally overthinking it right?

I allow one cheat meal a week usually on Saturdays but by Tues or Weds I'm already plotting what it will be.

Trying to figure out what weird food I will have for dinner tonight since my wife is going to be working. She doesn't get very adventurous but I'll eat about anything so its my one night to venture out into the world of foreign cuisines and offal.

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I handed out raisins and pencils *for Halloween one year to avoid buying (having candy) in the house ... another year I bought candy I hated so I wouldn't eat it. :blush:
    x

What kind was that?

I thought I should bake Christmas cookies I didn't like, but couldn't think of any.

55835802.png

Really sweet tart stuff like gobstoppers and nerds. I ate nerds as a kid, don't really care for them these days. DH took the leftover candy to his work, it wouldn't have been eaten here.

I can't think of a bad cookie to make either!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    Confession: I am not a fearful person, but lightning scares me a bit. I was going to walk around the block twice, but I only went once because the sky was looking threatening.

This didn't start until I had metal implants--I've got 22 pieces in my head alone. I've lost track of the total, but it is more than 50 at this point. Mostly they are titanium. When I've asked doctors about this, they seem to have no idea if it increases my risk or not. I've had a freaking lot of surgery in the last 11 years.

My father, who has no metal implants, has been hit or nearly hit three times.

I love to watch lightning, but I also know how dangerous it can be. The most scared I have been in lightning was when we were riding horses in the mountains, at about 10,000 feet elevation. The lightning came in suddenly and we got off the horses as fast as we could and then ran down the mountain as fast as we could lead the horses down. Scary!!! It was striking all around us.

It's ok to be fearful of that!!

I'd love to be a storm chaser but extremely strong winds freak me out & I won't go outside. I'm sure some flying instrument of death will get me lol
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Confession - I've been in a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. I feel like I'm so honest about our relationship and I gush about her all of the time, all of my friends and family know but she keeps me hidden because of the fact I'm female. None of her work friends know and she hasn't even told her so called best friend even though she's said she would and we've had countless arguments about it. The only people who know in her life are her 'lesbian friends' that are already out. It's starting to get to me now and I'm beginning to feel like she's ashamed of me. I just want to have a normal relationship...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I bought cookie butter because of this thread. It was pretty tasty!

I bought some a couple weeks ago because of this thread, but have not tried it yet because I have no idea what to put it on!!!

A spoon works for me... just sayin'
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

I just go...did you just call me honey? I literally did this the other day on a conference call. A guy called the women on the call girls and I stopped the call and called him out. I do this when people flush the toilet on calls too.

I find it worse when I'm the only female in the room, which is not unusual in my industry, and someone uses something like 'boys', I call them out every time.

I confess that my Chicago upbringing has instilled a bad habit of saying "you guys" all the time. It's like our "y'all", and it doesn't even occur to me that it's technically gender specific unless someone points it out. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm saying it.
  • fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    this easter thread is cracking me up...

seeking advice from strangers on the internet about what to do with hard boiled eggs :neutral_face:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10117810/easter#latest
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

I just go...did you just call me honey? I literally did this the other day on a conference call. A guy called the women on the call girls and I stopped the call and called him out. I do this when people flush the toilet on calls too.

I find it worse when I'm the only female in the room, which is not unusual in my industry, and someone uses something like 'boys', I call them out every time.

I confess that my Chicago upbringing has instilled a bad habit of saying "you guys" all the time. It's like our "y'all", and it doesn't even occur to me that it's technically gender specific unless someone points it out. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm saying it.

I run into this all the time and I've been trying to train myself out of it. My team is comprised entirely of females, and I find myself saying, "Hey, guys..." constantly. Saying, "Hey, ladies" sounds a bit condescending, but I'm not sure if that's true or if that's a subconscious social construct that I've developed over the years.

Confession: Sometimes I start off meetings saying, "Hey gaydies" because I think about things too much.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I was at the Hy-Vee and I noticed a new pack of plain white peeps that were mystery flavors, and immediately my brain went to that handsome well groomed beard of Tincans.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

I come from south jersey, where we say "you's guys" I've been in Illinois 10 years, and I still say "you's guys" the local ladies love it, I think it makes me seem more exotic and foreign.
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wannabe2d wrote: »
    I constantly binge eat at night in bed. I'm not talking like a handful of jelly beans or a bag of chips... I'm talking an entire bag of popcorn, a 32oz slurpee, gummy bears, and a piece of chocolate right before I go to sleep.

Since it has basically become a habit for me to eat before sleep, I'm trying to change the rules so that I can still eat as much as I want- as long as it's a fruit or vegetable. No candy or junk. It's been about a week, and so far it's not working out. I just desperately lack the discipline needed to control myself. Any suggestions?

Make your "rule" that you can't eat it in bed, but go ahead and still eat the amount/type of food that you have been. Once you've broken the bed habit, then start working on cutting down quantities. Once you've got the quantity down to a calorie amount that fits your day then decide if you want to change out the food type.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had a weirdly tense conversation about marshmallow peeps with my mother this week. (she is going through an insufferable health food phase right now)

She was trying to get me to admit that peeps are poison chemical puffs, where as JELLYBEANS are a much healthier easter substitute.

NO.

the confession part of this is that I was a little TOO invested in the debate.