Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Tragically, I ate only 7 calories under my allotment for today. I have plenty of excuses but none are valid. :'(

Why do you need an excuse for being below your calorie goal?
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I wonder what it's like to be the originator of a mega-thread?

So, I just went back to the OP to see who it was. Happened to see that the OP has been thrice flagged for spam. I literally can't even...

wut.gif
  • ckwebgrrl
    ckwebgrrl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't wash workout clothes every time I wear them if I'm working out at home.

I have a hard time making myself stop eating all the food on my plate at a restaurant. If there's not enough to take home or the waiter is taking too long to remove my plate, I'll put something on top of it that will keep me from eating it (ketchup, etc) or move it myself to another table.

I will throw out food (half eaten portion or container) if I'm too tempted by it. I don't feel guilty, it's not unopened food that can be donated and I don't want to be tempted to finish it.

I'll only weigh myself in the morning before I've eaten.

I love this thread, it's nice to know how much we are alike and that no one is alone.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

So, I just went back to the OP to see who it was. Happened to see that the OP has been thrice flagged for spam. I literally can't even...
    Yes! I noticed that too. I wonder if people thought she was endorsing Glad garbage bags or something?
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes! I noticed that too. I wonder if people thought she was endorsing Glad garbage bags or something?

Maybe they thought she didn't want to get judged because ItWorks!?
  • charlottemmarks
    charlottemmarks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm eating potato chips as I read through this thread.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Confession: Almost every damn day I ask my husband what he wants for dinner, then get disappointed when what he wants doesn't appeal. It's so stupid, because he'd totally just eat what I cooked anyway, it's just a habit.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Speaking of sharing food -- does nobody ever eat an entire dessert by themselves in restaurants? Is that why every dessert I order automatically arrives with two utensils and did I just miss that memo?

I dine out fairly often with a longterm male friend who does not care for sweets and rarely manages to finish his entrée... when asked if he wants to order dessert, he always declines... yet the dessert I order turns up with two spoons/forks.

This is not someone with whom I normally swap saliva (thanks for assuming we're in an intimate relationship...) and I really don't want to share germs with him. I haven't shared the rest of my meal or beverage with him. And did you not hear him say he DIDN'T WANT DESSERT??

Confession: preconceived notions and assumptions drive me batty.

I normally understand the restaurant POV on this--I normally do try to share desserts and it's common for someone to get one and offer a taste to everyone else in my circles, but on my sister's birthday last year I took her out to a restaurant and since we have different taste in desserts we each decided to get one. The server said "oh, you probably don't want two, our desserts are large and meant to be shared." Thanks for shaming us! We went ahead and got both.

How big was it? Last time I shared something with my husband the server said it was really for one person and we shared it... and it was plenty for two! Two brownies, one scoop of ice cream and some whipped cream. I don't know in what world that woman thought it was a 'one person' dessert with two brownies (I only shared that day because I had been craving brownies but didn't want to blow 800 calories on dessert).
    Kalici wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

Splitting food is full of nope. I won't touch something if someone else has. It freaks me out. I can't even leave my drink sitting around at a family party because just the idea that someone else accidentally sipped from it freaks me out.

I was tricked into splitting nachos with an acquaintance at a gathering a number of years back. No joke, he ate 90% of the plate by scooping them with his hands directly into gaping mouth. He then proceeded to pay for EXACTLY (down to the penny) half of the nachos (no tip), and had the nerve to ask me whether I was going to eat the scraps that remained.

Hahaha I'm getting annoyed just reading this. Ugh. I hate when parties split the bill equally. I remember once when I had a $7 salad and I ended up having to pay $10 towards the $25 entree that the other people got. I wasn't happy about it. If it was the other way around, I would feel bad for making them pay more than their share.

I've gotten caught up on splitting tabs equally and it sucks. I normally don't drink alcohol, but I have often ended up splitting bar tabs or food tabs that include bottles of wine or a pitcher of something or other. It makes me P o'd all the time. Now, I just take cash whenever I go out. Then I just throw my cash down on the table and say "This should cover my part." It works and nobody questions it.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »
    I sneak bacon into food I cook for people who refuse to eat it.

I am really judging this......why would you do such a thing??

This is part of the reason I won't touch food other people have. I have allergies and food sensitivities (also, we're allowed to not like things). The amount of people who don't actually believe allergies are a thing and try to sneak them into my meals is amazing.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I've been flagged for spam six times. I've never posted anything remotely product-related.

It would be helpful if we could see what, specifically, we have been flagged for doing.

I did explain once how to make a salt scrub. Maybe I am secretly a dupe of the salt lobby. Bawahaha! ;)
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Because of the forum this week I have eaten half a sleeve of Oreos, almost a jar of Skippy peanut butter and today I bought a skewer of Peeps. I'm also tempted to cook a potato and turn on The Food Network.

Starting a cleanse? I can help with that, you know.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    I've been flagged for spam six times. I've never posted anything remotely product-related.

It would be helpful if we could see what, specifically, we have been flagged for doing.

I did explain once how to make a salt scrub. Maybe I am secretly a dupe of the salt lobby. Bawahaha! ;)

You've been flagged because we all know you're a shill for Big Sodium.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

You've been flagged because we all know you're a shill for Big Sodium.

Drat! You've found me out!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    My stomach hurts and I don't want to eat or cook my planned dinner.

Since I burned 1200+ calories today, I suppose I should eat SOMETHING. Gah, time to root around and find something else.
  • wannabe2d
    Options
    I constantly binge eat at night in bed. I'm not talking like a handful of jelly beans or a bag of chips... I'm talking an entire bag of popcorn, a 32oz slurpee, gummy bears, and a piece of chocolate right before I go to sleep.

Since it has basically become a habit for me to eat before sleep, I'm trying to change the rules so that I can still eat as much as I want- as long as it's a fruit or vegetable. No candy or junk. It's been about a week, and so far it's not working out. I just desperately lack the discipline needed to control myself. Any suggestions?
  • Kalici
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »
    I sneak bacon into food I cook for people who refuse to eat it.

What exactly are you hoping to accomplish? If it is just something they don't like and there are no allergies or religious issues involved then the best you can hope for is one of two things: either they taste it and think you're a terrible cook or a jerk; or they can't taste it at all and you've wasted your precious bacon. Also suggests you're a terrible cook as bacon is strong and distinctive.
  • Kalici
    Options
    wannabe2d wrote: »
    I constantly binge eat at night in bed. I'm not talking like a handful of jelly beans or a bag of chips... I'm talking an entire bag of popcorn, a 32oz slurpee, gummy bears, and a piece of chocolate right before I go to sleep.

Since it has basically become a habit for me to eat before sleep, I'm trying to change the rules so that I can still eat as much as I want- as long as it's a fruit or vegetable. No candy or junk. It's been about a week, and so far it's not working out. I just desperately lack the discipline needed to control myself. Any suggestions?

Can you eat less through the day so that the stuff you binge at night still fits within the amount you're allotted?
  • azulvioleta6
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This thread has made me realize that I have a pretty healthy relationship with food for a fat person. Well, other than the sodium thing. :)

You guys are really putting stuff into perspective!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    wannabe2d wrote: »

Prepping the healthy meal ahead of time helps a lot. If I can grab-and-eat, I almost always choose the healthy option for dinner. If I put off cooking dinner until late (I hardly ever eat until 9PM) it doesn't always happen.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options

How do you find out how many times you've been flagged?