Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I just used shark week to justify a 500 calorie muffin, even though I usually judge women who blame their overeating on bodily functions.

I need to start using this phrase. It speaks to my heart.

My colleague blamed her chocolate pretzel breakfast this morning on having 'fallen to the Communists'.

I didn't get it til I Googled it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: (Part A) I wasted my 1000th post in a peep cleanse thread. (Part B) I don't consider it a waste.

Peep cleanse.
    Waste.

You crap me up.

Confession: In my head @tincanonastring‌ 's real name is "Tim". Full Name: Tim Canon, A String. Like Matt Saracen, QB 1.

YES! Me, too. Every time I see his avatar I think, "There's Tim".

NO! My dad is Timm, and it totally would weird me out if Tincan was Tim, too. NO, NO, NO!

Okay, from now on I'll try to see him as "Tincan" all one word. That should help.

And why did that gym / pet peeves thread get so out of hand? I mean, how many countless threads have we had with the same topic? Well, I read a few pages, but got annoyed.

This is my preferred handle, if anyone cares, including the quotes. Most people just call me a*****e.

"Tincan" it is, then. And I have a name, but regularly get called a b***h. Oh well.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    this easter thread is cracking me up...

seeking advice from strangers on the internet about what to do with hard boiled eggs :neutral_face:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10117810/easter#latest

Why would a rabbit eat eggs? WHY?!?!?!

That thread is going to make my head explode.

What a strange thing. I confess I've never been to an easter egg hunt, I never left eggs out for the easter bunny either or santa for that matter
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

I refuse to share food with people at the movies. Especially popcorn. One person has to hold it, then the person holding it eats most of it. And then the person not holding the bag has to awkwardly reach into the other person's lap to grab some. And if both people reach at the same time it leads to hand bumping and... ugh. I just hate it. We'll each get our own popcorn and be happier.

Confession: I turn into a total pig at the movies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE movie theatre popcorn and shovel it in as fast as a I can. I end up dropping a lot of it too. Some ends up down my shirt, some on the floor, and I've even found a piece that somehow ended up in my hoodie pocket. That's another reason people shouldn't share with me - you might lose a hand!

People who chomp popcorn at the movie theaters with their mouth's open irritate me so bad! lol I don't know why it bothers me so much but any kind of crunching or gulping noises turn me into one pissed off person! Like I really just want to reach over and slap the person. You can normally see me ringing my hands together to contain them. Okay sorry she reminded me of something there :)

You and me both. Those sounds send me into a rage. It can be someone I really like, too. It's not personally about the person, but the noises themselves. Look up "misophonia". It will all make sense, believe me.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »

seeking advice from strangers on the internet about what to do with hard boiled eggs :neutral_face:

What a strange thing. I confess I've never been to an easter egg hunt, I never left eggs out for the easter bunny either or santa for that matter

Leaving eggs out for Santa would be tres bizarre.

In our house, the easter bunny leaves eggs for YOU. In Russia, you leave eggs for easter bunny, I suppose?
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Divia09 wrote: »
    I love chick Fil-a nuggets they are my weakness

Bigot chicken?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! That is exactly what I thought when I read the two posts here about that place! UGH

*kitten* chick fil a.

Agreed. Never been there. Never will.

Let's not get judgy! I choose not to go there, but I don't particularly care if anyone else goes. The food is bangin' and those shakes...they bring me to the yard every time. Responsible consumerism can only go so far. If we boycotted every place that has ever done something we are personally against, no one would buy anything and we'd all starve to death.

Oh, I'm not judgy about it. I don't care if anybody else goes there, I choose not to. I also haven't been to a Wal-Mart in years and years. I haven't missed them a bit, and I'm sure they don't miss me either.

Now, if only I could think of a reason to boycott Hershey...

+1 on the Wal-Mart tip.

So agaree about Walmart! I haven't been to a Walmart in 8 months, I chose to switch to Aldi and what I save there I spend a little extra at Target to avoid Walmart. That place makes me wanna punch somebody for no reason just a bad atmosphere.

Ditto! I started using Walmart.com instead. Free shipping on any order of $50.00. So I order all my non-perishables in bulk, such as toilet paper, canned goods, toiletries, etc. and then I go to my small, low-key grocery store for dairy and produce and such. My life is SO much better because of it!
  • Bulls_23
    Bulls_23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I have to confess...I don't feel bad for the people who are overweight and constantly complaining about it just to walk into the break room and find them eating chips, donuts, and pop. I know everyone's going to hate on me now

Ha, that reminds me of a friend I used to have. He was super into the gym, went religiously every day. It was to the point where if I needed his help moving something heavy, if it wasn't his "arm day" he wouldn't help me. And his only cardio came at the gym. Outside of that he would not walk or play sports or anything.

Anyways, so he was really into the gym, but he would eat fast food literally daily. Including making stops at McDonalds for cookies all the time. For someone who went to the gym everyday the guy was quite big and not a good way. Such a weird character.

• a_amanda92
    a_amanda92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week

I ate 10 chicken fingers and medium frie from burger king
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have been reading this thread since the beginning and have enjoyed reading it. I've felt guilty not contributing. I usually don't comment much. I don't feel like anyone cares about what I have to say. :) Low self esteem sometimes.

I'm the same way. That's why even though I've been using MFP and stalking the forums for years, I had less than 15 posts until I found this thread.

Thanks for responding. It made me feel better to know I'm not the only one. :)

Since Halloween came up, I have to confess I'm already planning for it too. I'm going to dress up like I'm back in the 80's (along with my sister and best friend). I even bought a hair crimper just for this. We always like to go to haunted houses while dressed up.

I don't feel like much of an adult...

I agree with those who don't like to share food. I usually don't eat anything that has been left out at work since I don't know who has touched it. I also don't like leftovers (I'll rarely eat them) because they kind of gross me out. Things taste different to me after being reheated.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I have been reading this thread since the beginning and have enjoyed reading it. I've felt guilty not contributing. I usually don't comment much. I don't feel like anyone cares about what I have to say. :) Low self esteem sometimes.

I'm the same way. That's why even though I've been using MFP and stalking the forums for years, I had less than 15 posts until I found this thread.

Thanks for responding. It made me feel better to know I'm not the only one. :)

Since Halloween came up, I have to confess I'm already planning for it too. I'm going to dress up like I'm back in the 80's (along with my sister and best friend). I even bought a hair crimper just for this. We always like to go to haunted houses while dressed up.

I don't feel like much of an adult...

I agree with those who don't like to share food. I usually don't eat anything that has been left out at work since I don't know who has touched it. I also don't like leftovers (I'll rarely eat them) because they kind of gross me out. Things taste different to me after being reheated.

Confession: I love crimped hair and truly wish it would make a comeback.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    A woman was walking in front of me this afternoon who had obviously just come from the gym. She was still wearing her light grey yoga pants, and you could see a perfect sweat outline of her underwear. So, PSA: If you have a hard workout, change your pants before appearing in public, especially if they are light colored.

Better yet, DON'T wear light colored workout pants! Very seldom do they have enough coverage.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »

Santa would be very confused if you left eggs out for him.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I bought cookie butter because of this thread. It was pretty tasty!

I bought some a couple weeks ago because of this thread, but have not tried it yet because I have no idea what to put it on!!!

A spoon works for me... just sayin'

I do not think I could eat it just like that, I could not with Nutella or peanut butter either....I need something to spread it on!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

I refuse to share food with people at the movies. Especially popcorn. One person has to hold it, then the person holding it eats most of it. And then the person not holding the bag has to awkwardly reach into the other person's lap to grab some. And if both people reach at the same time it leads to hand bumping and... ugh. I just hate it. We'll each get our own popcorn and be happier.

Confession: I turn into a total pig at the movies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE movie theatre popcorn and shovel it in as fast as a I can. I end up dropping a lot of it too. Some ends up down my shirt, some on the floor, and I've even found a piece that somehow ended up in my hoodie pocket. That's another reason people shouldn't share with me - you might lose a hand!

People who chomp popcorn at the movie theaters with their mouth's open irritate me so bad! lol I don't know why it bothers me so much but any kind of crunching or gulping noises turn me into one pissed off person! Like I really just want to reach over and slap the person. You can normally see me ringing my hands together to contain them. Okay sorry she reminded me of something there :)

You and me both. Those sounds send me into a rage. It can be someone I really like, too. It's not personally about the person, but the noises themselves. Look up "misophonia". It will all make sense, believe me.

This explains a lot. My daughter loses her mind when somebody gulps. I'll have to let her know she's not alone.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Confession - I've been in a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. I feel like I'm so honest about our relationship and I gush about her all of the time, all of my friends and family know but she keeps me hidden because of the fact I'm female. None of her work friends know and she hasn't even told her so called best friend even though she's said she would and we've had countless arguments about it. The only people who know in her life are her 'lesbian friends' that are already out. It's starting to get to me now and I'm beginning to feel like she's ashamed of me. I just want to have a normal relationship...

I'm sorry that you're going through this right now. I do think that it's not that she's ashamed of you, it's that she's just not ready to come out yet. You can't make someone by ready to come out. It could be that the coworkers or best friend have said things in the past that make her think it's not safe to do so. One of my best friends stayed in the closet for years because he worried about his family finding out and what their reaction would be. He finally came out (after he and his partner had been together ten years) and was completely cut off by his family and everyone that was friends with his family (very small town which thankfully he doesn't live in anymore). I know it sucks to be in your position, I wish I had a magic answer for you.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    A woman was walking in front of me this afternoon who had obviously just come from the gym. She was still wearing her light grey yoga pants, and you could see a perfect sweat outline of her underwear. So, PSA: If you have a hard workout, change your pants before appearing in public, especially if they are light colored.

Better yet, DON'T wear light colored workout pants! Very seldom do they have enough coverage.

One of my exes decided to start pursuing me when I went to pick up my daughter from a sleepover at his house after working out in light colored workout pants, commando. Hm. Now I know what not to do.

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Another confession: an industry magazine with a photo of me looking pretty good (one of the first photos since I lost the weight) came out, which I've been waiting for. But it turns out a woman I used to work with who is the same age and has a similar resume as me for the first part of her career, but then went on to be way more successful, is on the cover and there's this great puff piece about her with lots of people I know and respect quoted with anecdotes about how amazing she is. I like this woman, and she deserves it, and I'm generally happy with my career and life (and not that ambitious most of the time, as demonstrated by the fact I'm screwing around here), but I'm currently jealous and kicking myself for being a lazy slug who consistently stepped on my own feet and squandered all my opportunities to be extremely impressive and successful like her.

It's stupid, and I know I have amazing good fortune and should just count my blessings and will get over it soon, but I want to go home and cry. (I'm going to go lift weights instead.)

Good for you! And congrats on the magazine article! Keep in mind that when she saw herself on the cover she probably had some regrets or reservations of her own: maybe she wished she handled things differently, or taken a different path, or spent more time with her family, etc. We all have our doubts about where we are in our life whether we are on the "cover" or on the "last page" (literally or figuratively). No one is perfect.
  • ChristySua
    ChristySua Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have to say, this has been the funniest stuff I have read in a long time. (With the exception of the person that is having relationship problems). Feel free to friend me. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Cortelli wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I handed out raisins and pencils *for Halloween one year to avoid buying (having candy) in the house ... another year I bought candy I hated so I wouldn't eat it. :blush:

I bet you were the popular house / apt on your block! Did you experience any "tricks" that year?

No tricks, but one kid saw the box of raisins being handed to him and had this "oh no" look on his face then said "Raisins, really?" He was fairly young.

Hahaha! That's funny. Poor kid. But, hey, kids need to learn to be grateful and eat a few healthy things now and then, so I don't blame you at all for making that choice. Besides, pretty sure raisins contain as much sugar as candy.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I just used shark week to justify a 500 calorie muffin, even though I usually judge women who blame their overeating on bodily functions.

I need to start using this phrase. It speaks to my heart.

My colleague blamed her chocolate pretzel breakfast this morning on having 'fallen to the Communists'.

I didn't get it til I Googled it.

THIS IS ALSO AMAZING.