Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me do bad things.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I bought cookie butter because of this thread. It was pretty tasty!

I bought some a couple weeks ago because of this thread, but have not tried it yet because I have no idea what to put it on!!!

A spoon works for me... just sayin'

I do not think I could eat it just like that, I could not with Nutella or peanut butter either....I need something to spread it on!

Well. I've been known to spread caramel-hazelnut Duo Penotti on shortbread.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My neighborhood gets ransacked at halloween, my block decorates pretty well and we get kids from all across the Quad Cities. The first 100 (usually gone the first 10 minutes) get special goodie bags. Everyone else gets whatever cheap sweet tart/dumdums mix I find.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options

I bought cookie butter because of this thread. It was pretty tasty!

I bought some a couple weeks ago because of this thread, but have not tried it yet because I have no idea what to put it on!!!

A spoon works for me... just sayin'

I do not think I could eat it just like that, I could not with Nutella or peanut butter either....I need something to spread it on!

Well. I've been known to spread caramel-hazelnut Duo Penotti on shortbread.

Nutella + really good baguette + sea salt. Boom.

I'm just going to leave that there...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    landfish wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Another confession: an industry magazine with a photo of me looking pretty good (one of the first photos since I lost the weight) came out, which I've been waiting for. But it turns out a woman I used to work with who is the same age and has a similar resume as me for the first part of her career, but then went on to be way more successful, is on the cover and there's this great puff piece about her with lots of people I know and respect quoted with anecdotes about how amazing she is. I like this woman, and she deserves it, and I'm generally happy with my career and life (and not that ambitious most of the time, as demonstrated by the fact I'm screwing around here), but I'm currently jealous and kicking myself for being a lazy slug who consistently stepped on my own feet and squandered all my opportunities to be extremely impressive and successful like her.

It's stupid, and I know I have amazing good fortune and should just count my blessings and will get over it soon, but I want to go home and cry. (I'm going to go lift weights instead.)

I ended up with an assortment of proteges last time I came back from overseas, two of whom were a married couple. I helped one of them get his first post-college job at a big company I used to work for (and now work at as a contractor) and I've helped another one of them as she went through college, started interviewing for jobs and started her career.

The dude started out at a higher pay grade and making more money than I did (I'm 18 years older than he is). The woman is on her third job in two years out of college and is pretty close to me now in terms of salary.

On the one hand, mentor win for me big time. On the other hand, they did in about 3 years each what it took me 25 years to do. I'm done mentoring these two. Time to start taking career advice from them.

Ooooh, OUCH! Man, that would really bother me. However, kudos to you for being such a great mentor! You did a really good thing and I'm sure life will reward you and bless you for it.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

I just go...did you just call me honey? I literally did this the other day on a conference call. A guy called the women on the call girls and I stopped the call and called him out. I do this when people flush the toilet on calls too.

I find it worse when I'm the only female in the room, which is not unusual in my industry, and someone uses something like 'boys', I call them out every time.

I confess that my Chicago upbringing has instilled a bad habit of saying "you guys" all the time. It's like our "y'all", and it doesn't even occur to me that it's technically gender specific unless someone points it out. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm saying it.

I am Canadian, and have always said ya'll, I get picked on a lot for it
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who don't like to share food. I usually don't eat anything that has been left out at work since I don't know who has touched it. I also don't like leftovers (I'll rarely eat them) because they kind of gross me out. Things taste different to me after being reheated.

My father in law calls leftovers "used food" and doesn't eat them. It's a win for me, every time I go over there, I get my pick of some pretty decent meals. The man loves to eat good food!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

I just go...did you just call me honey? I literally did this the other day on a conference call. A guy called the women on the call girls and I stopped the call and called him out. I do this when people flush the toilet on calls too.

I find it worse when I'm the only female in the room, which is not unusual in my industry, and someone uses something like 'boys', I call them out every time.

I confess that my Chicago upbringing has instilled a bad habit of saying "you guys" all the time. It's like our "y'all", and it doesn't even occur to me that it's technically gender specific unless someone points it out. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm saying it.

I run into this all the time and I've been trying to train myself out of it. My team is comprised entirely of females, and I find myself saying, "Hey, guys..." constantly. Saying, "Hey, ladies" sounds a bit condescending, but I'm not sure if that's true or if that's a subconscious social construct that I've developed over the years.

Confession: Sometimes I start of meetings saying, "Hey gaydies" because I think about things too much.

Guys can legitimately be used as a gender neutral term.

Agreed
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I HATE green smoothies. But for some reason this morning I spent $6.49 on one at an organic food co-op next to my client because I was trying to be "healthy". I took one sip, gave it to my staff and went back for a bagel and cream cheese....
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I run into this all the time and I've been trying to train myself out of it. My team is comprised entirely of females, and I find myself saying, "Hey, guys..." constantly. Saying, "Hey, ladies" sounds a bit condescending, but I'm not sure if that's true or if that's a subconscious social construct that I've developed over the years.

Confession: Sometimes I start of meetings saying, "Hey gaydies" because I think about things too much.

Agreed

The term "guys" doesn't bother me at all. I'll use it to address groups of men & women. Ladies can be used, but it is easy to make it sound condescending. Or creepy. Have you ever heard that comedian that can make any sentence creepy by adding "ladies" to the end?

What DOES bother me is having it constantly pointed out that I am female. I am part of a union and at meetings (which are predominantly male) they like to point things out, so it's like "oh, you'll like these calendars because they have women in them and you are a woman" or "you'll like this training because it's for women and you are a woman". I try not to get offended because I know they are legitimately trying to show that they want and appreciate women being involved, but constantly pointing it out almost makes them more sexist.

The one that did offend me was when our union rep thanked me for speaking up at a meeting and he appreciated it because he "knows how hard it is for a woman". WTF? (he is constantly making sexist remarks & actually thinks he's not sexist)

Maybe I'm just too sensitive...
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I stopped buying poptarts years ago when I didn't have this whole moderation thing totally worked out. Even after starting MFP (following IIFYM) I didn't start eating them again just because when I checked the calories on the back of the box I saw that they're 200 calories apiece. That's 400 calories a pack so I just thought to myself that it's not worth that many calories out of my daily allotment.

Then it dawned on me yesterday...who says I have to eat both at once? So I stopped at the WalMart on my way home from the gym and bought a box of Chocolate Fudge.
    The milk I had to have with it put me 12 calories over for the day but I ate my first poptart in probably over 5 years (at least) and it was one of the most delicious things that's ever happened to me. Other than being 12 calories over, my macros were right on point.

My confession in all this? That it took me this long...

You are not alone, my friend! It took me WAY too long as well to figure out that I CAN be satisfied with an actual serving size (or less) of something. It was a matter of self-discipline, mindful eating, and taking the time to actually FEEL how I felt during and after I ate.
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I daydream about opening a new jar of creamy, JIF peanut butter and sitting on my bed all day long eating the entire jar with a spoon while marathoning trashy reality shows.

Basically Im a peanut butter addict and eating an entire jar of the stuff in one sitting is genuinely on my bucket list.... lol I have a problem :(
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Never tried Nutella either and never will. I liken it to trying crack or heroin...better to avoid altogether. Someone gave us a jar of Jif's hazelnut spread a while back and it remains unopened months later. See the nutrition and ingredients label keeps me from being tempted. I'd donate it but then feel guilty about donating food that I deem not healthy enough for myself. I don't want to contribute to someone else's being fat in any way. Totally overthinking it right?

I allow one cheat meal a week usually on Saturdays but by Tues or Weds I'm already plotting what it will be.

Trying to figure out what weird food I will have for dinner tonight since my wife is going to be working. She doesn't get very adventurous but I'll eat about anything so its my one night to venture out into the world of foreign cuisines and offal.

Oh, no. I do this, too! And let us know what yummy, adventurous meal you end up having!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I was at the Hy-Vee and I noticed a new pack of plain white peeps that were mystery flavors, and immediately my brain went to that handsome well groomed beard of Tincans.

Yep, same here. Per another post a few days ago, I was reading "Time" magazine this weekend, saw a blurb about Peep-flavored milk and immediately thought of "Tincan" (notice I'm using the quotes?) and had to post here.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Agreed

The term "guys" doesn't bother me at all. I'll use it to address groups of men & women. Ladies can be used, but it is easy to make it sound condescending. Or creepy. Have you ever heard that comedian that can make any sentence creepy by adding "ladies" to the end?

What DOES bother me is having it constantly pointed out that I am female. I am part of a union and at meetings (which are predominantly male) they like to point things out, so it's like "oh, you'll like these calendars because they have women in them and you are a woman" or "you'll like this training because it's for women and you are a woman". I try not to get offended because I know they are legitimately trying to show that they want and appreciate women being involved, but constantly pointing it out almost makes them more sexist.

The one that did offend me was when our union rep thanked me for speaking up at a meeting and he appreciated it because he "knows how hard it is for a woman". WTF? (he is constantly making sexist remarks & actually thinks he's not sexist)

Maybe I'm just too sensitive...

I know what you mean. They are definitely are trying to be sensitive and inclusive, which is fantastic, but it prickles me a bit too when others suggest things are harder for me because I'm female. I think I feel patronised by it.

I work at a college, and my line manager asked me earlier this week if I wanted him to speak to a group of mischievous Sports students, as I 'might find it a bit intimidating as a girl'.

My first thought was 'GIRL?! I am a 25 year old WOMAN, for God's sake'. Then I found it truly bizarre he thought I'd find it a problem and didn't really know what to say. He was trying to be nice, but really, I'm not scared of a bunch of hormonal lads that I've known since the start of last year.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I confess, I've thrown some real gems into this conversation, and it hasn't netted me as many friend requests or pm's as I thought it would

I've gotten quite a few over the last couple weeks.

But this thread has me confessing to pooping my pants (amongst other things) so... maybe people like TMI?
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    So, I went back to the Pet Peeves @ Gym thread, and now I feel like I have to confess that I don't care if anyone wipes off their machines or benches at the gym. And if no one is watching, I don't wipe mine down. Judge on that.

I wipe the machines if they have paper towel dispensers or wet-wipe dispensers. One of the gyms I go to has a spray bottle and ONE SHARED rag. Seriously? What's the point? I mean, I wouldn't even touch that nasty rag, let alone wipe a machine with it! In their defense, they walk around and wipe down the machines themselves (the owners) all the time.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess, I've thrown some real gems into this conversation, and it hasn't netted me as many friend requests or pm's as I thought it would

Quality, not quantity, OJ B)
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I was at the Hy-Vee and I noticed a new pack of plain white peeps that were mystery flavors, and immediately my brain went to that handsome well groomed beard of Tincans.

Yep, same here. Per another post a few days ago, I was reading "Time" magazine this weekend, saw a blurb about Peep-flavored milk and immediately thought of "Tincan" (notice I'm using the quotes?) and had to post here.

My plan is working!!!!

xCukw7m.gif
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession - I've been in a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. I feel like I'm so honest about our relationship and I gush about her all of the time, all of my friends and family know but she keeps me hidden because of the fact I'm female. None of her work friends know and she hasn't even told her so called best friend even though she's said she would and we've had countless arguments about it. The only people who know in her life are her 'lesbian friends' that are already out. It's starting to get to me now and I'm beginning to feel like she's ashamed of me. I just want to have a normal relationship...

This is a tough one. A year and a half is a long time to be stressed over hiding a relationship but I really do not feel as though she is ashamed of you but she is not ready for herself to be public yet. I feel for your frustration though. My best friend didn't tell me for years although I already knew and I smiled like I didn't know that she and her other 'best friend' did all these amazing things together were actually a couple. I just waited until she was ready. She was in her 30's when she finally told me and almost 40 when she told her mom. Hang in there...

Yes, this is good advice. I'm sorry you are dealing with this, noaddedsugarx, but I'd try to let her know how important this is to you without turning it into an argument and give it a little more time. I hope this all works out for you both soon.