Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    LouisaM162 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    giphy.gif

This is why every home should have a dog. I can't imagine our lives without a dog in the house.

One of my favourite pieces of parenting advice is as follows "every boy should have a dog and a mother who will allow it". I can no more imagine a petless household than I can imagine not eating.....

My husband is dead-set against any animals in our house...we can't even have a fish. I grew up with dogs and he grew up petless. We were having a fight one day and I yelled at him, "When you die, I am getting a firepit AND a dog!" We laugh about it now, but he still won't budge.

I can't imagine our house without pets. I used to say that when our current dog (almost 11) and cat (almost 12) die, I'm never getting anymore pets. But then we got my daughter her own puppy last year. Now, I want to adopt another pit bull even though we already have 2 dogs and a cat. What's one more, right?!

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Another one - I got mad at my husband yesterday because he ate 90% of the M&Ms I bought two weeks ago and hadn't got to taste yet (which is partly why I had some this morning too). I'll eat my treats in my own time... stop eating them just because they are there! I think what annoyed me the most is that he was mindlessly eating them while playing a computer game. DUDE. You don't mindlessly eat food while doing something else. You take your time and appreciate every bite.

Gosh.

My husband does this crap to me too! If I want to wait a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks or a month to have something I bought for myself (which doesn't happen very often) that's my prerogative. Don't eat my stuff!!! If it goes bad or whatever, then it's my fault. But so help me if I decide I want my peanut butter cups from Christmas or my Dove dark chocolate bunny from Easter, it better be there or I'm gonna be very unhappy and unhappy wife=unhappy life.

I hide the stuff I want to keep for myself (like a couple Cadbury eggs and a couple of Reese's eggs right now) in the back of one of my dresser drawers. Those are MINE.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    giphy.gif

This is why every home should have a dog. I can't imagine our lives without a dog in the house.

One of my favourite pieces of parenting advice is as follows "every boy should have a dog and a mother who will allow it". I can no more imagine a petless household than I can imagine not eating.....

My husband is dead-set against any animals in our house...we can't even have a fish. I grew up with dogs and he grew up petless. We were having a fight one day and I yelled at him, "When you die, I am getting a firepit AND a dog!" We laugh about it now, but he still won't budge.

I can't imagine our house without pets. I used to say that when our current dog (almost 11) and cat (almost 12) die, I'm never getting anymore pets. But then we got my daughter her own puppy last year. Now, I want to adopt another pit bull even though we already have 2 dogs and a cat. What's one more, right?!

I said no more dogs when my last dog passed. Then, I adopted an 11 year old dog last year. Aargh! My friend was about to give her to her mother, and I know her mother ties dogs outside. I couldn't let that happen. This is a tiny dog (she's up to 6 lbs now). She was tied up outside when I rescued her and winter was coming.

No more after this one! Cats are another story. I have 3 cats. You can leave cats home alone if you decide to go away for the weekend.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Coloring hair... I did that a couple months ago, and haven't done it again. I made a mess, ruined a towel, some jeans, and the floor (stains not going away), and it didn't even stay colored long. Plus you have to do it on 'non clean hair' then not wash your hair for 24 hours, which is impossible as I workout pretty much every day and I can't imagine not washing my hair afterwards.

So I pluck my grays still. Probably missing some in the back though... ugh.

Regarding pets, I confess that my ex not wanting cats ever is part of the reason it didn't work out, I think. One month after moving out, I got a kitten (she's turning 14 this year). I already told my husband that when our dog and cat are gone, I'm getting two kittens (and sure, she woke me up 5 times last night, but I just love cats even if they're often a gigantic pain in the *kitten*). I'd actually totally get more now, but my cat goes outside and I want the next ones to be indoor only, and I don't trust my kids to leave the doors closed anyway. Plus I'm not sure my dog wouldn't kill any other pet entering the house anyway... So... got to wait. Sadly. We had 4 cats at one point though...

I confess that I'm not sure I ever want a dog again though... and certainly not a puppy. It was more stressful to train my first puppy than to take care of my newborn twins, and that's saying a lot...
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I have a large chest. I'm not that big around but a very large cup size. So my bras are expensive as hell. I'm losing weight and almost into another bra that's smaller and barely worn. The one I currently have has started coming apart a bit in the center, so I stitched it up. Then the wire poked out one side and I used super glue to fix it. I call it my FrankenBra, lol. I went to the mall to buy a new bra 3 weeks ago but refused to spend 80.00 on something that will be too big in another month or so.

TD;DR: My bra is held together with Gorilla Glue, yarn, and prayers.

If you ever decide to start a weight loss blog, there's your title
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
  • MrCoolGrim
    Options
    giphy.gif

I said no more dogs when my last dog passed. Then, I adopted an 11 year old dog last year. Aargh! My friend was about to give her to her mother, and I know her mother ties dogs outside. I couldn't let that happen. This is a tiny dog (she's up to 6 lbs now). She was tied up outside when I rescued her and winter was coming.

No more after this one! Cats are another story. I have 3 cats. You can leave cats home alone if you decide to go away for the weekend.

giphy.gif
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty inadequate with my 34 "nearly B's".

Just remember the letter size is all relative. The cup on a 34B is the same size as a 28DD.
  • Dianaa31015
    Options
    No, I never even thought about it but sounds very creative. Is it to help you sweat more?
  • Dianaa31015
    Options
    I do use waist belts for a little extra sweat and the bicycle shorts also. It actually really helps get rid of water weight and i do sweat a lot more with wearing them than if I don't
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I lost my first cat a couple of years ago. I'd like to get a new pet (maybe a rabbit) one day but I need to wait until I'm more financially stable.

speaking of bras i don't wear one unless i have to
  • MrCoolGrim
    Options
    giphy.gif

You can have this one for free. He's to spoiled. Everyday is spa day. Sheesh.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    giphy.gif

I can't either. I had a dog for about 7 years, I loved her more than most people and I was devastated when she got sick and passed away.

I went almost 2 months without a dog and that was long enough.

• cmseronka
    cmseronka Posts: 14
    Options
    I work out to work off my Dunkin Donut Iced Mocha Latte addiction. I tried cutting back...fail. I tried downsizing...fail. I have managed to alter portions, healthier food choices and dedicate myself to my goals but I swear that s*%t has crack in it.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I have a really bad head cold, and I *almost* didn't take my kids to school today because I didn't want to get out of bed. So sick. I took them anyway, so that I could sleep while they were gone. 2 hours is better than zero hours.

Yeah, I was going to say, the time alone would be worth the initial sacrifice! Sorry it was only 2 hours, though. Not nearly enough, if you ask me.
  • MzShelleRenea
    MzShelleRenea Posts: 64 Member
    Options

TD;DR: My bra is held together with Gorilla Glue, yarn, and prayers. [/quote]

If you ever decide to start a weight loss blog, there's your title[/quote]

LOL!! My blog is currently titled "Always Room for Chocolate" but maybe that can be a tagline or something, ha ha. Luckily, I'm already down an inch on band size and cup is slowly going down. But even at my lowest weight (about a 26-27" waist) I was a full D to DD cup. I'm a G-H now. It's ridiculous. My boobs hug me during some Yoga moves. It's a bit scary.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

A person who leaves their dogs tied outside shouldn't have a dog.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Hear that noise??? Do you hear it? That is the noise of the heavenly angel choirs singing because I have JUST finished reading EVERY. SINGLE. CONFESSION!!! This is the best thread ever.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible day yesterday. I was tasked with getting donuts from a favorite donut place for a coworkers birthday. I got the assigned two dozen donuts and also ordered a dozen donut holes to eat on the way to work. well there were 20 donut holes in that bag and I ate them all. Then I also had 3 donuts during the day at work! I also had a dark chocolate sea salt bar, and a chocolate truffle ice cream bar after work. I went about 1500 calories over my goal for the day!
    The sad thing is I have been eating lots of crap since Friday that I should not be eating. I know it is depression, on Feb 24 we lost a second grandbaby in just over 2 years to a terrible genetic disorder, the first one lived 23 days and this one lived 2 hours.
    Today I just could not get up and go to work, I think all the being strong for my kids has finally taken it's toll. I have not done any exercise since Friday morning either.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    virelay129 wrote: »
    I went Gluten Free at the suggestion of both my doctor and personal trainer / friend for health issues. It has solved everything and ai feel better than ever...but after 2.5 years doing this....I still have yet to admit publicly that my main reason (without the input of doc and PT/driend) for doing it was to tell myself no for a good reason to all the yummy goodies that have gluten in them.....cupcakes, cake, bread, tortillas, etc...

Sounds like it worked for you for the right reasons and you have nothing to feel guilty about, nor the need to explain it to others! I do low carb because it works for me; not for any medical reason and I have no need to justify it to anyone. Keep it up if it works for you!