Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I had a terrible day yesterday. I was tasked with getting donuts from a favorite donut place for a coworkers birthday. I got the assigned two dozen donuts and also ordered a dozen donut holes to eat on the way to work. well there were 20 donut holes in that bag and I ate them all. Then I also had 3 donuts during the day at work! I also had a dark chocolate sea salt bar, and a chocolate truffle ice cream bar after work. I went about 1500 calories over my goal for the day!
    The sad thing is I have been eating lots of crap since Friday that I should not be eating. I know it is depression, on Feb 24 we lost a second grandbaby in just over 2 years to a terrible genetic disorder, the first one lived 23 days and this one lived 2 hours.
    Today I just could not get up and go to work, I think all the being strong for my kids has finally taken it's toll. I have not done any exercise since Friday morning either.

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss! How terribly sad. Hugs to you and your family.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty inadequate with my 34 "nearly B's".

Just remember the letter size is all relative. The cup on a 34B is the same size as a 28DD.

Exactly! My SO refused to believe I wore 32C until I told him it was the same cup size as 36A. WhIch used to be my size until I abandoned the old "add 5 inches" formula and now my bras fit much better.

I feel so much better saying I'm a 32C lol, but they're even more difficult to find than 36A.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn a real bra since I found out how comfortable sports bras are. (I have gone from XL to M.)
    ythannah wrote: »

Just remember the letter size is all relative. The cup on a 34B is the same size as a 28DD.

Exactly! My SO refused to believe I wore 32C until I told him it was the same cup size as 36A. WhIch used to be my size until I abandoned the old "add 5 inches" formula and now my bras fit much better.

I feel so much better saying I'm a 32C lol, but they're even more difficult to find than 36A.

• eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    I went from a 34DDD bra to a 30C-D (which is a 34A-B cup size equiv, a loss of 4-5 cup sizes). I still can't really comprehend that I am now flat as a board when I used to have some boobage. I know they say it "doesn't count" if your boobs are just from being overweight but it is still depressing :(
    I still get confused that I don't need to shop on specialty websites for DD+ cups anymore (although my band is small and it's hard to find a 32 let alone a 30)

I'm down from 38B to 34B and there is barely anything left... but I would always choose slim figure over having boobs, no regrets! :blush:

Tell me your secrets! I am a 38C and I HATE having big boobs! I've googled how to lose boob weight and nothing comes up! :neutral_face:

I have no clue! Thery are just disappearing over time as I lose weight - 10 kg down now from 68 to just over 58kg. All women in my family - sister and mum - have small breasts too so my bet would be genetics maybe?
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 years old and I found 10+ greys in the front of my hair this morning..

No worries. You can color grey.
    My poor son is 20 and has been going bald for a year. His hair is half gone. :(

I know this is a BIG thing for men, so I'm not minimizing it, but I don't like a lot of hair on men at all. As a matter of fact, I prefer a bald head. Completely shaved. My DH has been desperately trying to hold onto his hair for years, but his brother that is 10 years younger than him just shaves his off completely. Nothing to worry about and it looks great. Anyway, let you son know that he doesn't need his hair to have confidence.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I had a terrible day yesterday. I was tasked with getting donuts from a favorite donut place for a coworkers birthday. I got the assigned two dozen donuts and also ordered a dozen donut holes to eat on the way to work. well there were 20 donut holes in that bag and I ate them all. Then I also had 3 donuts during the day at work! I also had a dark chocolate sea salt bar, and a chocolate truffle ice cream bar after work. I went about 1500 calories over my goal for the day!
    The sad thing is I have been eating lots of crap since Friday that I should not be eating. I know it is depression, on Feb 24 we lost a second grandbaby in just over 2 years to a terrible genetic disorder, the first one lived 23 days and this one lived 2 hours.
    Today I just could not get up and go to work, I think all the being strong for my kids has finally taken it's toll. I have not done any exercise since Friday morning either.

I'm so sorry.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LouisaM162 wrote: »
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    giphy.gif

This is why every home should have a dog. I can't imagine our lives without a dog in the house.

One of my favourite pieces of parenting advice is as follows "every boy should have a dog and a mother who will allow it". I can no more imagine a petless household than I can imagine not eating.....

My husband is dead-set against any animals in our house...we can't even have a fish. I grew up with dogs and he grew up petless. We were having a fight one day and I yelled at him, "When you die, I am getting a firepit AND a dog!" We laugh about it now, but he still won't budge.

I can't imagine our house without pets. I used to say that when our current dog (almost 11) and cat (almost 12) die, I'm never getting anymore pets. But then we got my daughter her own puppy last year. Now, I want to adopt another pit bull even though we already have 2 dogs and a cat. What's one more, right?!

I said no more dogs when my last dog passed. Then, I adopted an 11 year old dog last year. Aargh! My friend was about to give her to her mother, and I know her mother ties dogs outside. I couldn't let that happen. This is a tiny dog (she's up to 6 lbs now). She was tied up outside when I rescued her and winter was coming.

No more after this one! Cats are another story. I have 3 cats. You can leave cats home alone if you decide to go away for the weekend.

Bless you! I wish more people would adopt older dogs. There are so many out there that need loving homes.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Never had big boobs. The only time they were decent, large C, was when I was breastfeeding, but as soon as I was done, so were my boobs. Gone, forever. Never to be seen again.

Same here! Wish I had taken some photos when I was at the breastfeeding stage
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Smiley_Emi123 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Last week I got jammed with work I thought I had eaten enough, logged in my snacks that day, came up to 450 cals!!! I thought ok I'll eat like a pig tomorrow and add them to today.... Woke up at 1 am that night and made me a feast lol Not doing that ever again -_-
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,405 Member
    Options

I dropped from a 42DD to a 38DD, but the new ones haven't come yet, so I am still wearing my 42DD's. My boobs fill like 2/3 of the cup now, lol.

• celinend
    celinend Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hide the stuff I want to keep for myself (like a couple Cadbury eggs and a couple of Reese's eggs right now) in the back of one of my dresser drawers. Those are MINE.

I hide the good stuff too! A stash of chocolate under the bathroom sink, salty stuff in the back cupboard with the blender...
  • beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just ate an entire bag of kettle corn. And I'd do it again!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I confess that I'm 30 years old & bra sizing still confuses me.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Band size = inches around your rib cage, right under your boobs
    Cup size = 1 letter for every inch bigger your chest measurement is in comparison to your band size.

So 32C = You measure 32 inches right under your boobs, 35 inches around your chest
    36A = 36 inches right under your boobs, 37 inches around your chest

Not all bra makers play by these rules, but that's how it's supposed to work so says the all powerful Google
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Cup size = 1 letter for every inch bigger your chest measurement is in comparison to your band size.

So 32C = You measure 32 inches right under your boobs, 35 inches around your chest

Not all bra makers play by these rules, but that's how it's supposed to work so says the all powerful Google

Confession: Despite a lifelong fascination with boobs, this is the very first time I've ever seen bra sizing explained.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

Yup. For example, Playtex 38DD band doesn't even fit around my ribs, but a Bali 38DD band fits beautifully. Playtex may use the even more confusing ribs+4 for their sizing, I don't know and don't care, sticking with Bali :expressionless:

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Yup. For example, Playtex 38DD band doesn't even fit around my ribs, but a Bali 38DD band fits beautifully. Playtex may use the even more confusing ribs+4 for their sizing, I don't know and don't care, sticking with Bali :expressionless:

I'm sticking to Bali as well, after trying all different sizes at the store to figure out what fits me... and 36 C fits perfectly. I have no idea if it's my 'true' size or not though... but it fits. So heck.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    celinend wrote: »
    I hide the stuff I want to keep for myself (like a couple Cadbury eggs and a couple of Reese's eggs right now) in the back of one of my dresser drawers. Those are MINE.

I hide the good stuff too! A stash of chocolate under the bathroom sink, salty stuff in the back cupboard with the blender...

Genius! I never even thought about hiding snacks under my sink. I could also hide them in my closet. I may need to go buy me a secret snack stash now.

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I'm sticking to Bali as well, after trying all different sizes at the store to figure out what fits me... and 36 C fits perfectly. I have no idea if it's my 'true' size or not though... but it fits. So heck.

Victoria's Secret is THE WORST, by the way. 34DD? Yeah right. My IBTC chest disagrees.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

This.