Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm going to blow your mind, Winnie the Pooh and the 100 acre woods is Satanic.

Christopher Robin represents innocence being accosted by the 7 Deadly Sins.

Pooh - Gluttony
    Piglet - Envy
    Eeyore - Sloth
    Tigger - Pride
    Rabbit - Wrath
    Kanga & Roo - Lust
    Owl - Greed

just sayin.

Silly ol' bear...
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I have never understood why someone would want chocolate on bread...

I would have difficulty understanding why someone would want chocolate on something like, say, a nice fillet of baked salmon... but don't find bread weird in the slightest.

I take it you've never had a chocolate croissant? :)

And I love that two of your daughter's Nutellas are actually PC brand, lol.

And... just in case you're curious... the same store that carries PC hazelnut spread also has chocolate croissants in the bakeshop bulk area.

The chocolate croissants are terrible, though, right. Please tell me they are!
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    The last three nights, I've had some sort of pasta with alfredo sauce and chicken (my husband's specialty). Today I went out to lunch with friends, I totally ordered "Penne From Heaven" - penne pasta, grilled chicken, bacon, sliced green onions in a rich cream sauce. Apparently, I can eat pasta alfredo every day and not get tired of it.

Me, too :smile: I haven't done it but I know I could. I could drink alfredo sauce! That stuff is wonderful. I'm not even a snob about it. The cheap stuff is wonderful, too.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Pooh - Gluttony
    Piglet - Envy
    Eeyore - Sloth
    Tigger - Pride
    Rabbit - Wrath
    Kanga & Roo - Lust
    Owl - Greed

just sayin.

OK, I can see some of these, but not Kanga & Roo! How can they represent lust? Also, don't ruin my childhood.

Edit because punctuation.
  • emerald_gecko1975
    emerald_gecko1975 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just got a new Jawbone UP24 yesterday. If I don't get up every 15 minutes it vibrates on your wrist. It has vibrated on my wrist three times while I've been catching up here.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am very proud of myself today. I am going to live theater with friends tonight and we are going out to eat at State and Main beforehand. I have totally calculated everything I am going to eat, right down to the salad dressing (love that their menu contains all the nutrition information). I have never done this before and I have enough calories left for a bottle of beer. Now I just need suggestions on a really good beer.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

I just go...did you just call me honey? I literally did this the other day on a conference call. A guy called the women on the call girls and I stopped the call and called him out. I do this when people flush the toilet on calls too.

I find it worse when I'm the only female in the room, which is not unusual in my industry, and someone uses something like 'boys', I call them out every time.

I confess that my Chicago upbringing has instilled a bad habit of saying "you guys" all the time. It's like our "y'all", and it doesn't even occur to me that it's technically gender specific unless someone points it out. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm saying it.

I am from Northern Illinois and called everyone guys until I moved to South Carolina. I was a server at OG, so walked up to a table of middle aged women and said something like 'Hi, Guys! Welcome to OG!' They were total Bs about it. Needless to say I didn't work there very long and soon after started working at a sports bar...more my speed!
  • kellienw335
    Options

I come from south jersey, where we say "you's guys" I've been in Illinois 10 years, and I still say "you's guys" the local ladies love it, I think it makes me seem more exotic and foreign.[/quote]

Yeah, cause a Jersey accent is so exotic!
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a shower just takes too much effort....
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Peeps are disgusting. The only thing they are good for is microwave jousting!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    morenaprp wrote: »
    :'( New to myfitness pal and i have spent the weekend with family and have fallen way off track. I am hispanic and one of my favorite breads is a sweet bread and I ate the whole thing. I am even having a hard time getting back to the gym....
    Try fitting the bread into your daily calorie goals.

There's a little bakery by the park I go to that makes the best pan dulce. I'm picking up one of these babies next time I go because I've really been craving it. jnr4PgV.jpg
    As for logging, I look for something similar in the database with with ounces or grams (powdered sugar cookies or donuts in this case) and log it as that.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Pooh - Gluttony
    Piglet - Envy
    Eeyore - Sloth
    Tigger - Pride
    Rabbit - Wrath
    Kanga & Roo - Lust
    Owl - Greed

just sayin.

OK, I can see some of these, but not Kanga & Roo! How can they represent lust? Also, don't ruin my childhood.

Lust because well, Who's the Daddy?

And I'm sorry about ruining your childhood. Michael Bay ruined the Transformers, Jaden Smith ruined The Karate Kid. .. . these things happen.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I have never understood why someone would want chocolate on bread...

I would have difficulty understanding why someone would want chocolate on something like, say, a nice fillet of baked salmon... but don't find bread weird in the slightest.

I take it you've never had a chocolate croissant? :)

And I love that two of your daughter's Nutellas are actually PC brand, lol.

And... just in case you're curious... the same store that carries PC hazelnut spread also has chocolate croissants in the bakeshop bulk area.

The chocolate croissants are terrible, though, right. Please tell me they are!

Ah. I'm sorry. Even if they have become slightly stale, a few seconds in the microwave perks them back up.

In fact, I'd recommend a few seconds in the microwave anyway, just to achieve the ultimate gooeyness.

Okay, that was probably more evil than AOJ's satanic Pooh post.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I just got a new Jawbone UP24 yesterday. If I don't get up every 15 minutes it vibrates on your wrist. It has vibrated on my wrist three times while I've been catching up here.

Love my Jawbone UP24!
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Not only do I always finish my meal, I always lick my plate/bowl clean. If I'm in a restaurant I'll swipe it off the plate with my fingers without shame. I count those calories, I'm eating them!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    jessicapk wrote: »
    I feel a little bad now. I don't allow my husband to go out to eat for lunch. I handle the finances because I'm good at it (and he isn't, as evidenced by his savings/credit situation when we met). There's no reason to go spending $10 for lunch when there are always perfectly good leftovers.

I'm a tyrant. LOL

I'm the same way and in the same boat! When you have to cover for someone else's mistakes for so long, you kind of feel you have a right to dictate how they spend their money! If they mess it up, who do they want to make it all better?

My wife & I have been together for over 22 years...and we keep our money separate.

Coincidence? Discuss lol

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: (Part A) I wasted my 1000th post in a peep cleanse thread. (Part B) I don't consider it a waste.

Peep cleanse.
    Waste.

You crap me up.

Confession: In my head @tincanonastring‌ 's real name is "Tim". Full Name: Tim Canon, A String. Like Matt Saracen, QB 1.

YES! Me, too. Every time I see his avatar I think, "There's Tim".

NO! My dad is Timm, and it totally would weird me out if Tincan was Tim, too. NO, NO, NO!

Okay, from now on I'll try to see him as "Tincan" all one word. That should help.

And why did that gym / pet peeves thread get so out of hand? I mean, how many countless threads have we had with the same topic? Well, I read a few pages, but got annoyed.

This is my preferred handle, if anyone cares, including the quotes. Most people just call me a*****e.

I call you Jax - used to work with a guy nicknamed Jax and you remind me of him so much. (his real name was was Michael Jackson, so you understand the need for him to use a nickname)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Because I can laugh about this now here’s a two for one confession. When I was in the Navy, we stopped in St. Thomas Vi. for a port of call, while at a club some ladies ask me to dance for a girlfriend of theirs that was celebrating her 40 birthday, the reason they asked me was that she had a thing for Sly Stone and Italian men in general.
    So with a little persuasion and a little rum I finally agreed. It took me a little to loosen up and enjoy it but I finally did get into it. I actually made some good tips from other ladies and actually a couple of guys that were at the club.
    A few years later, an old girl friend of mine from H.S. found out about this and asked me to dance at another mutual girlfriend’s bachelorette party. Again, it took some coercion but I finally agreed to it. The party was at a bar and there were other people there. Everything went well, no issues to report. Afterwards, I hung out (no pun intended) with a few other friends and ended up hooking up with a very nice woman in her mid-forties. I thought that I would never see her again not that I didn’t want to, it was just one of those things.
    Here comes the pie in the face. So about a year later, a girl that I had been dating for a while and which we were getting serious, decided to take me to meet her mother (yeah I see the lights going off in your minds, you know what happens next). It was the most awkward moment of my life and I could not wait to get out of there, I was sweating and my stomach was a wreck. Neither her mother nor I could look each other in the eyes.
    She and I continued to date but I was in pure hell not telling her but her mother begged me not to and honestly, I really didn’t want to either but it was pure hell withholding that from her.
    We eventually did not work out and went our separate ways and I have no clue to this day if her mother ever told her the truth or not.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Pooh - Gluttony
    Piglet - Envy
    Eeyore - Sloth
    Tigger - Pride
    Rabbit - Wrath
    Kanga & Roo - Lust
    Owl - Greed

just sayin.

Lust because well, Who's the Daddy?

And I'm sorry about ruining your childhood. Michael Bay ruined the Transformers, Jaden Smith ruined The Karate Kid. .. . these things happen.

Michael Bay also ruined Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Just sayin...

Don't get me wrong the movie was ok and it was still TMNT...but the turtles were more like mini hulks than ninjas and shredder was more like a mini transformer than a ninja warrior.
    Would have liked to have seen more Jackie chan style fighting action and less eating bullets/ramming hummers with their shells. Also, Donatello has never worn glasses, why was it necessary to make him wear so much annoying gear?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I am very proud of myself today. I am going to live theater with friends tonight and we are going out to eat at State and Main beforehand. I have totally calculated everything I am going to eat, right down to the salad dressing (love that their menu contains all the nutrition information). I have never done this before and I have enough calories left for a bottle of beer. Now I just need suggestions on a really good beer.

Shiner Bock
    Guinness Black Lager
    Sam Adams