Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty inadequate with my 34 "nearly B's".

Just remember the letter size is all relative. The cup on a 34B is the same size as a 28DD.

Exactly! My SO refused to believe I wore 32C until I told him it was the same cup size as 36A. WhIch used to be my size until I abandoned the old "add 5 inches" formula and now my bras fit much better.

I feel so much better saying I'm a 32C lol, but they're even more difficult to find than 36A.

I confess that I'm 30 years old & bra sizing still confuses me.

I'm 51 and followed the old add-inches rule until I read a bra sizing thread on here that converted me.

I once plugged my measurements into an online calculator (WonderBra maybe?) and it returned the message: We do not currently have any bras to fit you. :'( Way to make a gal feel inadequate... but now I'm a C cup :D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    mscheftg wrote: »
    eMka11 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    I went from a 34DDD bra to a 30C-D (which is a 34A-B cup size equiv, a loss of 4-5 cup sizes). I still can't really comprehend that I am now flat as a board when I used to have some boobage. I know they say it "doesn't count" if your boobs are just from being overweight but it is still depressing :(
    I still get confused that I don't need to shop on specialty websites for DD+ cups anymore (although my band is small and it's hard to find a 32 let alone a 30)

I'm down from 38B to 34B and there is barely anything left... but I would always choose slim figure over having boobs, no regrets! :blush:

Tell me your secrets! I am a 38C and I HATE having big boobs! I've googled how to lose boob weight and nothing comes up! :neutral_face:

You can't spot reduce. Even in your boobs. If you're losing weight and not losing it there, it's most likely that you're bigger because of genetics.

And I have no sympathy for you... I wish I was a C cup... I'm a 40 G (actually should wear a bigger cup size, but this one works fine).

brucewillistripletake_300x300.gif

I'm down to a 38FF now, but they aren't getting any smaller! My husbnad says that if they don't shrink a lot more, in another 10kgs I'm going to look like a Manga cartoon :(;)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I went to the takeaway at lunch and got potato scallops and chips and gravy.

What country are you in? This sounds sort of like poutine, but without the cheese curds.

Australia. Hot chips (thick, chunky ones) and delicious gravy, and potato scallops are like my own personal version of nirvana.

the good part was I made hot chip sandwiches with the chips so I only ate a few of the chips. After that I felt so sick I tossed the rest.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I confess that I'm 30 years old & bra sizing still confuses me.

Band size = inches around your rib cage, right under your boobs
    Cup size = 1 letter for every inch bigger your chest measurement is in comparison to your band size.

So 32C = You measure 32 inches right under your boobs, 35 inches around your chest
    36A = 36 inches right under your boobs, 37 inches around your chest

Not all bra makers play by these rules, but that's how it's supposed to work so says the all powerful Google

Most women wear the wrong bra size entirely because VS has somehow ingrained this "+2" thing that you add to your band measurement.
    No, no, don't do that. Your band is JUST what you measure right under your boobs. That's it, no confusion.
    You'll never know how comfortable a bra can be until you wear the proper size!

ETA: I'm sad seeing people talk about bra sizes and I am sure they are still not the right sizes, have you ever measured underneath your boobs, where the band sits, for a snug measurement? (while not wearing bra)
    Seriously you would be so amazed at how AMAZING your boobs look in the correct size. It's life-changing. I'm not being dramatic.

I have no affiliation with this site, but I pass it on whenever I can when this comes up. Agree with the life changing. 30 years of wondering why I could never find one that didn't either stab me in the armpit or subdivide me across the middle so it looked like I had 4 instead of 2. Someone sent me here and it made all the difference: http://www.brasizecalculator.tk/
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Confession: When I picked my son up from his grandmother's house, he was eating frozen corn kernels. I let him finish the corn and secretly ate the little snack pack of animal crackers I had for him.
  • lyndaqueenbierman
    Options
    So I thought maybe we could all use this to get something off of our chests. Confess to anything pertaining to your weight loss journey, it may even be a helpful tip for others! :)'

Please please PLEASEEEE refrain from being mean. :)

Here goes it!

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
    Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P

I can't stop eating sweets, I am addicted to sweets, it's the only thing that's in my way.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Start complaining to your doctor about back pain. I was a 34G and after I lost my weight post pregnancy my insurance paid for a reduction. I'm 38, they're 21. Also, my mom started bleaching my hair when I was four. I've never actually seen my natural hair color. I'll be a platinum blonde until the day I die.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

Likewise. It drives my husband nuts because I will not leave the house without one on. :( So now I have a few that I will alternate between washing, wearing, et cetera.

I'm curious. Are all these the spanx brand, or do you just mean shapewear? Isn't spanx rather expensive? I like underwear with some suck in power, but don't want to shell out for spanx. And, isn't it a bit, ah, tight?

55835802.png
  • debtiffany_
    debtiffany_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I eat microwave popcorn at night, and put it in my food diary, but not the melted butter. If I don't write it down, it doesn't count, right?
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I so want to look better in my wives panties and nighties when i put them on.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    giphy.gif

You can have this one for free. He's to spoiled. Everyday is spa day. Sheesh.

And this guy lives with the big dude (bulldog) who shares his round doggy bed with the adorable baby, right? I love this too!

55835802.png

• kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    wow!! I stopped the whole thread in its track. Thanks
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Any time I am getting rid of cookies or junk food or half eaten treats my kids didn't finish I have to do the same. Lots of wet girl scout cookies in my garbage can right now ;)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I bought some snickerdoodle cookies today, I was really disappointed. I thought they were going to have snickers ingredients in, like caramel, chocolate and nuts all gooey and nice. Now I have most of a box of cookies I'm not interested in.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I bought some snickerdoodle cookies today, I was really disappointed. I thought they were going to have snickers ingredients in, like caramel, chocolate and nuts all gooey and nice. Now I have most of a box of cookies I'm not interested in.

I was so upset when I actually tried a Snickerdoodle! Such a great name for such a boring cookie!!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

I was so upset when I actually tried a Snickerdoodle! Such a great name for such a boring cookie!!

Then you're not making them right/buying the right brand. Good snickerdoodles are soft and shortbready and buttery and cinnamony and everything that is good in this world.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Most women wear the wrong bra size entirely because VS has somehow ingrained this "+2" thing that you add to your band measurement.
    No, no, don't do that. Your band is JUST what you measure right under your boobs. That's it, no confusion.
    You'll never know how comfortable a bra can be until you wear the proper size!

ETA: I'm sad seeing people talk about bra sizes and I am sure they are still not the right sizes, have you ever measured underneath your boobs, where the band sits, for a snug measurement? (while not wearing bra)
    Seriously you would be so amazed at how AMAZING your boobs look in the correct size. It's life-changing. I'm not being dramatic.

Absolutely. I went into VS about two months ago. She tried to put me in a 40D. Child, please. She didn't believe me when I told her what size I wanted to try on.

I walked out with a perfect fitting 36F. I know my boobs.

Anyway, everyone should watch this.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    kt2007 wrote: »

You have more than one wife? Interesting...
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Then you're not making them right/buying the right brand. Good snickerdoodles are soft and shortbready and buttery and cinnamony and everything that is good in this world.

Mine are just Walmart. But they probably would've disappointed even if they were amazing homemade ones just because they weren't what I'd decided in my head what they should be.

I guess the real lesson here is that I should look things up or ask an American instead of just making it up...
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    kt2007 wrote: »

what do you look like when you don't put them on?