Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty inadequate with my 34 "nearly B's".

Just remember the letter size is all relative. The cup on a 34B is the same size as a 28DD.

Exactly! My SO refused to believe I wore 32C until I told him it was the same cup size as 36A. WhIch used to be my size until I abandoned the old "add 5 inches" formula and now my bras fit much better.

I feel so much better saying I'm a 32C lol, but they're even more difficult to find than 36A.

I confess that I'm 30 years old & bra sizing still confuses me.

I should have read ahead before posting because someone else got the recommendation in before I could. So just another vote for the site brasizecalculator.tk/.

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I bought some snickerdoodle cookies today, I was really disappointed. I thought they were going to have snickers ingredients in, like caramel, chocolate and nuts all gooey and nice. Now I have most of a box of cookies I'm not interested in.

I was so upset when I actually tried a Snickerdoodle! Such a great name for such a boring cookie!!

Then you're not making them right/buying the right brand. Good snickerdoodles are soft and shortbready and buttery and cinnamony and everything that is good in this world.

Mine are just Walmart. But they probably would've disappointed even if they were amazing homemade ones just because they weren't what I'd decided in my head what they should be.

I guess the real lesson here is that I should look things up or ask an American instead of just making it up...

As an American, I'm not sure how I feel about this. ;)

Kidding! We certainly know our junk food :(

As an American who lives overseas, I can assure you the rest of the world has no idea what a Snickerdoodle is!! But they all have their wicked junk foods ;)

Yep, wasn't a suggestion that Americans know all about junk food, just that I'm a brit in America, so Americans are locals.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm 24 years old and I found 10+ greys in the front of my hair this morning..

No worries. You can color grey.
    My poor son is 20 and has been going bald for a year. His hair is half gone. :(

I started finding grey hairs when I was 23. The worst part is I can't colour my hair, it won't hold any dye and ends up looking like straw within a couple weeks (doesn't matter if it's permanent, demi- or semi-permanent). The most recent time I did try to colour it, it didn't cover the grey anyway. :'(

Aw, dang. :(
    I've been coloring my hair since I was in my late 20's. I'm 41 now and have no idea if there's any grey under there or not. I don't wanna know!

I've got this rogue thing going on with my hair right now, I've been going grey since I was 16 but only on the left side of where my hair parts. I have zero sympathy for people who freak out when they find their first grey hair in their late 30's to 40's. I may be heartless lol

I got my first gray hair at birth! No kidding... I was born with one!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    This is a bit off topic, but I really must confess: Yesterday was the year anniversary of when I decided to lose weight, I was 300 lbs 1 year and 1 day ago today when I started DDP Yoga. I've lost 75 lbs and I'm going harder than ever after a winter of chronic maintaining, to get the last 40 lbs off.
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have asked my boss if I can leave early tonight because I want to get back home early because I have an online meeting. I figuere that if I get back early I will have time to exercise before the meeting and make up somespare calories for the chocolate and biscuits I will probably eat during the meeting.

My confession: The fact that I am way over this week's weeklies already and should use any spare calories to cover my shortfall did occur to me, but I ignored the thought.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    eriloo22 wrote: »
    Every day when I step on the scale I want to cry :( I've been the same weight for almost a year now, and I'm still in the overweight category for my height/sex. Going to the gym but nothing happening on the scale just isn't working for me..
    I feel for you, but don't give up! Maybe just shake things up a bit. When I hit a plateau, I re-evaluated my goals, upped my calories a little and changed my exercise routine (started running). The weight eventually came off and I've kept it off for over 16 months. Also, be honest in what you are eating, you might be eating more than you think. I always try to over estimate my food calories and under estimate my exercise calories. Good luck!
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    This is a bit off topic, but I really must confess: Yesterday was the year anniversary of when I decided to lose weight, I was 300 lbs 1 year and 1 day ago today when I started DDP Yoga. I've lost 75 lbs and I'm going harder than ever after a winter of chronic maintaining, to get the last 40 lbs off.

You rock!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I needed to chime in on this bra subject too.

I thought I was a 32DD forever and wondered why I had such bad back pain all the time. Turns out that when I wear a 28FF, I'm suddenly totally comfortable with zero pain of any kind and I don't have to adjust my bra constantly during the day. I can forget I even have one on when I'm actually wearing the right size, it is kind of unbelievable.

Not a confession, just a PSA brought on by the rest of the discussion around this.

My confession, I guess, is that I pigged out so hard this weekend I've been eating nothing but a protein bar and a salad a day since. But sacrifices must be made with wedding-dress-wearing impending.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

DDP Yoga scares me, maybe if I get my back issues fixed it wouldn't so much. A friend of mine is trying to work up to some super planking vertical pushup thing. She posted a video of him doing it on facebook, and he was struggling with them. I can't even imagine.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Start complaining to your doctor about back pain. I was a 34G and after I lost my weight post pregnancy my insurance paid for a reduction. I'm 38, they're 21. Also, my mom started bleaching my hair when I was four. I've never actually seen my natural hair color. I'll be a platinum blonde until the day I die.

I'm a 32GG and I hate it. It's not due to my weight (5'2, 110lbs) I'm so uncomfortable and I've been thinking about going to the docs for a while now. I've done loads of research and the only thing bothering me is the scarring..
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Start complaining to your doctor about back pain. I was a 34G and after I lost my weight post pregnancy my insurance paid for a reduction. I'm 38, they're 21. Also, my mom started bleaching my hair when I was four. I've never actually seen my natural hair color. I'll be a platinum blonde until the day I die.

I'm a 32GG and I hate it. It's not due to my weight (5'2, 110lbs) I'm so uncomfortable and I've been thinking about going to the docs for a while now. I've done loads of research and the only thing bothering me is the scarring..

Would consider having kids in the future? If so, it might be worth it to wait for a procedure so you don't end up having one twice.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

I thought I was a 32DD forever and wondered why I had such bad back pain all the time. Turns out that when I wear a 28FF, I'm suddenly totally comfortable with zero pain of any kind and I don't have to adjust my bra constantly during the day. I can forget I even have one on when I'm actually wearing the right size, it is kind of unbelievable.

The first time I wore a bra out that actually fit correctly I had a moment of panic. I thought for a brief second that I had actually managed to leave the house without wearing one. Now, I don't know if anyone actually saw my panicked self-groping, but if so they're welcome for the laugh I guess. :p
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I bought some snickerdoodle cookies today, I was really disappointed. I thought they were going to have snickers ingredients in, like caramel, chocolate and nuts all gooey and nice. Now I have most of a box of cookies I'm not interested in.

I was so upset when I actually tried a Snickerdoodle! Such a great name for such a boring cookie!!

Then you're not making them right/buying the right brand. Good snickerdoodles are soft and shortbready and buttery and cinnamony and everything that is good in this world.

Yummm. Snickerdoodles were the one cookie I learned how to make in middle school home ec and it's still a forever favorite. Talk about a nostalgia cookie.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Someone brought in these mini marble cakes today. I brought one to my desk, removed the paper wrapping and realized someone cut it in half. I don't care. I'm eating the whole thing.
  • StarvingAuthor
    StarvingAuthor Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I will overeat and then try to split up the calories I overate by throughout the whole week but in the end it never really works as planned :-P
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »

The first time I wore a bra out that actually fit correctly I had a moment of panic. I thought for a brief second that I had actually managed to leave the house without wearing one. Now, I don't know if anyone actually saw my panicked self-groping, but if so they're welcome for the laugh I guess. :p

All this bra talk is making me want to go get properly fitted this weekend...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kt2007 wrote: »
    I so want to look better in my wives panties and nighties when i put them on.

Then you're gonna have to squat heavy to round out that booty :p
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Woohoo! Happy MFP-versary!

Confession: I love LOVE reading stories like this so I'm all over the success forum, but I also get down on myself because I'm not nearly as far along as I think I should be. It's a bad habit.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: Today our schedule was so crazy and my daughters wanted Panda Express, so I relented; I had the Sweetfire chicken with white rice. I skipped Starbucks, though, so there's a little bit of an upside, right?

I make room for Panda every couple of weeks, double Orange Chicken with steamed veggies - 880 calories. Worth every one!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

Wow, really? Just curious - do you know why? I think it's a beautiful shade from your avatar picture, so I'm truly just being nosy! Feel free to ignore, of course...