Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I don't always shower for work if I'm not going to get very much sleep (whether it's because I stayed up late or I worked a closing shift one night and in the morning the next day). I just make sure I apply deodorant so I don't stink.

That is why I love dry shampoo. If I'm feeling really sleepy, I'll sleep longer and just use the dry shampoo to get the oil out of my hair, and carry on with plans to shower later. It really enables my laziness.

I only wash my hair 2-3 times per week. My hair is naturally curly; it would be a frizzy disaster if I washed it more frequently. I was fresh from the salon in my profile picture, I wear it curly 99% of the time.

My hair is actually very very straight. But it gets really oily really fast. If I didn't use the dry shampoo, I would have to wash it every single day to not look gross. My fiance and my older son both have different types of curly hair, so I know the struggle lol. You should see the amount of products we have on our counter.

My husband actually double washes his (very) short hair with head and shoulders twice every single morning in the shower. If he runs after work, he does it again. His hair is oily though and he got into the habit as a teenager.

My hair would FALL OUT if I did that. I wash my hair a maximum of three times a week and I have to use conditioner. I have dry scalp and normal to dry hair. Not to mention it looks better the second day anyway, lol

What. The. *kitten*. Dude, no. Tell your husband to stop that. He should wash it once a day (if that much) and then apply a nice beard oil, massaging it into the hair with his fingertips. I like to warm the oil first, but that's a personal preference. Once oiled, he should use a good beard brush to smooth it to the grain. Finally, wax can be applied to the moustache to keep it in place.

He has no facial hair (seriously, dude shaves M-W-F and doesn't look that scruffy on Sundays even). And his damn hair feels so nice to the touch, even though my brain screams at me that he is abusing it horrendously.

• nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I have to admit all that bra measuring talk is confusing to me.

I went to the store. I grabbed 4 different sizes of bras, and it was pretty obvious what fit and what didn't (cup too small, cup too big, band too large, band too small).. so I bought the ones that did. Maybe it's more complicated if you have bigger breasts? Not that mine are tiny...

And I don't order clothes online unless I know the brand and have tried them in store first. I've had too many bad surprises of things that didn't fit.
    This is what I normally do, too. I'm never totally comfortable in a bra though, and have always suspected I'm not in the right size, so I took my measurements and went to a dozen different sites and plugged my numbers in. I got sizes ranging from 36DD (HA! I WISH!!) to 40A. Can someone help me? Underboob measurement 36", around boobs 40".

that should be a 36D. I am 38 around the ribs, 43 around the boobs, so I am a 38DD.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I got into the habit of washing my hair as infrequently as possible based on the advise of every single hairdresser to whom I have ever spoken. If I can get three days between washes then I am thrilled. I still have to "style" it using some product and the blow-dryer in the mornings in between wash days but it's a lot healthier since I stopped every day or every second day washing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I confess that I scratched my car because some idiot went the wrong way in the parking lot and I had to go around him, and there was a truck on my right, and I scraped my car against the corner of the truck. I'm pissed.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I don't always shower for work if I'm not going to get very much sleep (whether it's because I stayed up late or I worked a closing shift one night and in the morning the next day). I just make sure I apply deodorant so I don't stink.

That is why I love dry shampoo. If I'm feeling really sleepy, I'll sleep longer and just use the dry shampoo to get the oil out of my hair, and carry on with plans to shower later. It really enables my laziness.

I only wash my hair 2-3 times per week. My hair is naturally curly; it would be a frizzy disaster if I washed it more frequently. I was fresh from the salon in my profile picture, I wear it curly 99% of the time.

My hair is actually very very straight. But it gets really oily really fast. If I didn't use the dry shampoo, I would have to wash it every single day to not look gross. My fiance and my older son both have different types of curly hair, so I know the struggle lol. You should see the amount of products we have on our counter.

My husband actually double washes his (very) short hair with head and shoulders twice every single morning in the shower. If he runs after work, he does it again. His hair is oily though and he got into the habit as a teenager.

My hair would FALL OUT if I did that. I wash my hair a maximum of three times a week and I have to use conditioner. I have dry scalp and normal to dry hair. Not to mention it looks better the second day anyway, lol

That's my husband and I exactly! His hair is extremely short, and he has more oily skin, so he can get away with washing and shampooing ALL. THE. TIME. Mine is so curly and temperamental and dry that I can only shampoo once a week, then just use a good conditioner whenever I take a shower throughout the rest of the week.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Confession.... The bra stuff is annoying me. Maybe its because I barely fit in an A cup. If I gain anymore weight, I won't be able to find an A cup that fits all the way around. I hate genetics.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I confess I still don't know how people who don't wash their hair do it... How do you get rid of the sweat?

On days I don't wash, I still shower and rinse out my hair with water and apply oil to the ends. I may not shower in the morning (hence the dry shampoo) but I will typically shower in the afternoon or evening, and always after a work out.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    H

I went to the store. I grabbed 4 different sizes of bras, and it was pretty obvious what fit and what didn't (cup too small, cup too big, band too large, band too small).. so I bought the ones that did. Maybe it's more complicated if you have bigger breasts? Not that mine are tiny...

And I don't order clothes online unless I know the brand and have tried them in store first. I've had too many bad surprises of things that didn't fit.

This is what I've always done too, although I've also always wondered if I am in the wrong size. I've never actually measured since doing it aspirationally before I ever got my first bra. (Based on what seems to fit the best in most brands I'm a 36C, which seems pretty boringly average, was bigger when I was heavier.)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I confess I still don't know how people who don't wash their hair do it... How do you get rid of the sweat?

Most days I just let it dry. When it's hot outside (coming soon!) and I run in the morning; I usually rinse it out and use conditioner on non-wash days. This morning, it was raining, so I had to do that or it would be humongous.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I thought for the longest time, aside from when I was nursing, I was a 36 A because not only was I a member of the IBTC, I was the president. I went to some website, don't remember which one, and measured myself properly to discover I was a 34 C!!! Hold the phone. I was wearing a bra that was not only too big in the band but too small in the cup?! The VS "workers" ( I put that in quotes because they're not at all helpful, at least not in the stores I've been to) tried to tell me I was a 34 B but when I put their test bras on, my cup runneth over. I decided that the website and my eyes knew better. So from now on, I will stick to the 34 C.

My husband was pretty pleased about the increase. ;)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    H

This is what I've always done too, although I've also always wondered if I am in the wrong size. I've never actually measured since doing it aspirationally before I ever got my first bra. (Based on what seems to fit the best in most brands I'm a 36C, which seems pretty boringly average, was bigger when I was heavier.)
    Well, I've been wearing a 38B for years, but my friends up-thread (Thank You!) say it looks like I'm a 36D which astonishes me. I'll try some on and see if my life is changed for the better. Perhaps you should do the same!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

What. The. *kitten*. Dude, no. Tell your husband to stop that. He should wash it once a day (if that much) and then apply a nice beard oil, massaging it into the hair with his fingertips. I like to warm the oil first, but that's a personal preference. Once oiled, he should use a good beard brush to smooth it to the grain. Finally, wax can be applied to the moustache to keep it in place.

He has no facial hair (seriously, dude shaves M-W-F and doesn't look that scruffy on Sundays even). And his damn hair feels so nice to the touch, even though my brain screams at me that he is abusing it horrendously.

Totally my bad. Somehow I read "My husband actually double washes his (very) short beard..."

I don't know how I did that, so I'm blaming it on a calorie deficiency.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options

That's my husband and I exactly! His hair is extremely short, and he has more oily skin, so he can get away with washing and shampooing ALL. THE. TIME. Mine is so curly and temperamental and dry that I can only shampoo once a week, then just use a good conditioner whenever I take a shower throughout the rest of the week.

Confession: My husband never washes his hair. He has full head of wavy hair, maybe 1.5 - 2 inches long. The only time it sees shampoo is when he gets it cut. What's that - once a month? every 6 weeks?? He rinses it in the shower, but no soap or shampoo.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

Totally my bad. Somehow I read "My husband actually double washes his (very) short beard..."

I'm cool with that.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Ran out of peeps?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Well, I've been wearing a 38B for years, but my friends up-thread (Thank You!) say it looks like I'm a 36D which astonishes me. I'll try some on and see if my life is changed for the better. Perhaps you should do the same!

I probably should. Weirdly, the last time I was at Nordstroms before losing all the weight (about 1.5 years before I started) I was desperately trying to find some workable work clothes because my strategy of not buying anything more 'til I stopped being fat had failed and I needed to get at least a week's worth of truly presentable suits (I can normally get away with business casual at work). I ended up spending a ridiculous amount of money, of course, and got all chummy with the sales woman, who was super excited about fitting me for a bra and claimed it had changed her life (I was like "no way" mentally, but also thought that it was perhaps silly that I'd never, ever had one).

Anyway, none of the bras I was wearing then fit any more, but I'm no more personally okay with the idea of a bra fitting, unfortunately.
  • stormyview
    stormyview Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I'm 24 years old and I found 10+ greys in the front of my hair this morning..
    The white eyebrow hair is what bugs me.

Dipbrow Pomade by Anastasia covers the stray white ones really well. Just don't pluck them because you don't want bald spots there later!
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options

I probably should. Weirdly, the last time I was at Nordstroms before losing all the weight (about 1.5 years before I started) I was desperately trying to find some workable work clothes because my strategy of not buying anything more 'til I stopped being fat had failed and I needed to get at least a week's worth of truly presentable suits (I can normally get away with business casual at work). I ended up spending a ridiculous amount of money, of course, and got all chummy with the sales woman, who was super excited about fitting me for a bra and claimed it had changed her life (I was like "no way" mentally, but also thought that it was perhaps silly that I'd never, ever had one).

Anyway, none of the bras I was wearing then fit any more, but I'm no more personally okay with the idea of a bra fitting, unfortunately.

Honestly, get a tape measure and measure yourself. The band size is usually the big eye opener. Most women can fit in a number of bra sizes but it makes a huge difference if you get the right one. For years I thought I was 36D, turns out I'm 32E and it makes such a difference ( although it's a much harder size to find in stores)

To the pp, the measurements you gave definitely = 36D! Go try some on.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Confession: I slept in until noon today. I have the day off!

I did go out dancing last night, but I was home before midnight, so I really have no excuse for such sloth.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I am an American (well, I grew up here) and I also didn't realize that snickerdoodles were unrelated to the candy until I was about 20.