Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty inadequate with my 34 "nearly B's".

Just remember the letter size is all relative. The cup on a 34B is the same size as a 28DD.

Exactly! My SO refused to believe I wore 32C until I told him it was the same cup size as 36A. WhIch used to be my size until I abandoned the old "add 5 inches" formula and now my bras fit much better.

I feel so much better saying I'm a 32C lol, but they're even more difficult to find than 36A.

I confess that I'm 30 years old & bra sizing still confuses me.

Band size = inches around your rib cage, right under your boobs
    Cup size = 1 letter for every inch bigger your chest measurement is in comparison to your band size.

So 32C = You measure 32 inches right under your boobs, 35 inches around your chest
    36A = 36 inches right under your boobs, 37 inches around your chest

Not all bra makers play by these rules, but that's how it's supposed to work so says the all powerful Google

Confession: Despite a lifelong fascination with boobs, this is the very first time I've ever seen bra sizing explained.

Don't feel bad, a lot of women don't know about it either. Even some places that do professional fittings explain it wrong.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    And while we're at it... Yep I'm wearing size 36C bras, and I'm only 3-4 pounds from my goal weight... Large frames suck.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LouisaM162 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    giphy.gif

This is why every home should have a dog. I can't imagine our lives without a dog in the house.

One of my favourite pieces of parenting advice is as follows "every boy should have a dog and a mother who will allow it". I can no more imagine a petless household than I can imagine not eating.....

My husband is dead-set against any animals in our house...we can't even have a fish. I grew up with dogs and he grew up petless. We were having a fight one day and I yelled at him, "When you die, I am getting a firepit AND a dog!" We laugh about it now, but he still won't budge.

I can't imagine our house without pets. I used to say that when our current dog (almost 11) and cat (almost 12) die, I'm never getting anymore pets. But then we got my daughter her own puppy last year. Now, I want to adopt another pit bull even though we already have 2 dogs and a cat. What's one more, right?!

giphy.gif

How could anyone not love dogs when they have such awesome personalities?! This puppy is freakin' adorable! I will not be getting another puppy though regardless of how cute they are. Too much work potty training and kennel training them. My daughter's puppy/dog still isn't house trained and is using my unfinished basement as his personal toilet. If he wasn't so darn cute and if we didn't have over $500 invested in him (he was free, but after shots, microchip, supplies, vet visits, etc. he was NOT free), he'd have been gone a long time ago and I would have my pit bull.

• mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I want to get a dog. It's about to become one of my goals. I just have to find a new place to live, too. LOL
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    mscheftg wrote: »
    I want to get a dog. It's about to become one of my goals. I just have to find a new place to live, too. LOL

If you do end up getting a dog, make sure you check out your local humane society or rescue groups in your area.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: The dreary day outside makes me want to eat an entire bag of marshmallows (since that's what you do as a kid when everyone else is having hot chocolate and you can't).
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a free puppy!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

My parents just purchased their 5th reconstructed ACL across 3 dogs in the last 10 years. You ain't lying!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Confession, this weekend we celebrated my sons 16th birthday, for some reason it seemed to make me think I needed to eat 5 mini cupcakes and 2 regular ones and a slice of oreo cheesecake. WTF??? I even remembered to buy jenny o turkey dogs to "save calories"
    I was sick and miserable afterwards!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh and I'm very sad that this thread was moved to the chit chat forum, because I know it's going to die off now.

This makes me sad, too.

Confession: I've not done a real workout all week. I've used my daughter visiting and now the ice outside as an excuse.

I used the snow as an excuse to not do my regular workout, but I forced myself to shovel my driveway & sidewalk, my two neighbors, and the woman across the street. I shoveled heavy snow for about 2.5 hours and burned some sick calories.

More importantly, you were a great neighbor! Good for you! I'm sure everyone was very appreciative. (and now I have 10 pages to catch up on!)

I get rather sad when I only have 1-2 pages to catch up on. :'( I worry one day this thread will disappear in the night..leaving us all to wonder what we missed. :#;)
  • marieximena
    Options
    #1: I am incapable of eating less than my daily goal. I feel like 1350 cals a day is so limited already, I want to be able to still think of food as a pleasure and not as something that I restrict to the point I go to bed hungry and/or not have at least a little treat daily. However, I have no problem whatsoever going over my goal by 100-200 cals twice a week or so (when I go out, it's by more). I'm completely fine with it, I just accept the fact that I'll reach my goal a bit later. To put things into perspective, I had 5kg to lose in total and should be about halfway through, and bikini season is far away enough that I don't mind the delay.

#2: I'm a student on an exchange, living in a flat that was already furnished, and no scale was provided. I hesitated as to whether I should buy one or not but was always running out of money so two months into my weight loss journey I still haven't. I'm going home in two weeks though and will finally be able to see if what I've estimated (based on my deficit) is accurate!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I used the reasoning of it being my moms 60th birthday as an excuse to eat *everything* this weekend. Two pieces of cassata cake? Yum. I regret nothing...except the horrendous heartburn I had all of Sunday. Worth it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    jenjay8045 wrote: »
    Confession, this weekend we celebrated my sons 16th birthday, for some reason it seemed to make me think I needed to eat 5 mini cupcakes and 2 regular ones and a slice of oreo cheesecake. WTF??? I even remembered to buy jenny o turkey dogs to "save calories"
    I was sick and miserable afterwards!

I think I've confessed this before, but 'I DON'T LIKE CUPCAKES.' Don't hurt me.
    Cheesecake on the other hand, OHH YEEAHHH!
  • aevonvett
    aevonvett Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wished the guy running on the treadmill next to me would fall.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    aevonvett wrote: »
    I wished the guy running on the treadmill next to me would fall.

Nice!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I confess that I'm 30 years old & bra sizing still confuses me.

Band size = inches around your rib cage, right under your boobs
    Cup size = 1 letter for every inch bigger your chest measurement is in comparison to your band size.

So 32C = You measure 32 inches right under your boobs, 35 inches around your chest
    36A = 36 inches right under your boobs, 37 inches around your chest

Not all bra makers play by these rules, but that's how it's supposed to work so says the all powerful Google[/quote]

Most women wear the wrong bra size entirely because VS has somehow ingrained this "+2" thing that you add to your band measurement.
    No, no, don't do that. Your band is JUST what you measure right under your boobs. That's it, no confusion.
    You'll never know how comfortable a bra can be until you wear the proper size!

ETA: I'm sad seeing people talk about bra sizes and I am sure they are still not the right sizes, have you ever measured underneath your boobs, where the band sits, for a snug measurement? (while not wearing bra)
    Seriously you would be so amazed at how AMAZING your boobs look in the correct size. It's life-changing. I'm not being dramatic.

• MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Okay I confess! I HATE WINTER. That felt good. My shoulders feel lighter already.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Truer word were never spoken :).

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Well, that explains why VS bras are always so tight. I can fit in them, but barely.

No matter, I prefer to buy nicer bras anyhow. VS stuff is not very good quality.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love animals, but am relieved not to have to deal with the mess.

I (literally) rescued a kitten this summer and I took care of him for about a month while I tried to find his humans. SUCH a pain to have to clean the floors every day.

I get way too attached and it was really hard to give him up. I probably should not have pets because I would be devastated when they grow old and die. I was so upset when my last pet (a fish) died. Bettas are not supposed to live for five years, but it was still too sad.