Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I had three Martinis and a half a jar of maraschino cherries. I started with a low cal cocktail mixer, but by the third I just mixed it with cherry juice. I also ate a crapload of honey mustard pretzels while I cooked dinner and "forgot" to log them. In my defense, I spent three, yes, three hours at the bank going over tax documents so I can get them done today.

Well, that is definitely a "three martini" deserved event, if you ask me!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I confess, I've thrown some real gems into this conversation, and it hasn't netted me as many friend requests or pm's as I thought it would

Quality, not quantity, OJ B)

I said "Gems" gems are quality, real quality!
  • RRB2000
    RRB2000 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with over active thyroid, where you usually lose weight.....not me, I gained it. :(
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession: (Part A) I wasted my 1000th post in a peep cleanse thread. (Part B) I don't consider it a waste.

Part A. Peep cleanse.
    Part B. Waste.

You crap me up.

Confession: In my head @tincanonastring‌ 's real name is "Tim". Full Name: Tim Canon, A String. Like Matt Saracen, QB 1.

I absolutely love that you referenced Friday Night Lights! & Tincanonastring cracks me up too
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess, I've thrown some real gems into this conversation, and it hasn't netted me as many friend requests or pm's as I thought it would

I meant the FR's, not your conversational gems, which are awesome BTW
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am going to be in a flash mob this weekend.

The shocking thing is that I have somehow managed to never do this until now.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I just used shark week to justify a 500 calorie muffin, even though I usually judge women who blame their overeating on bodily functions.

I need to start using this phrase. It speaks to my heart.

My colleague blamed her chocolate pretzel breakfast this morning on having 'fallen to the Communists'.

I didn't get it til I Googled it.

I googled it and I still don't get it...
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

I refuse to share food with people at the movies. Especially popcorn. One person has to hold it, then the person holding it eats most of it. And then the person not holding the bag has to awkwardly reach into the other person's lap to grab some. And if both people reach at the same time it leads to hand bumping and... ugh. I just hate it. We'll each get our own popcorn and be happier.

Confession: I turn into a total pig at the movies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE movie theatre popcorn and shovel it in as fast as a I can. I end up dropping a lot of it too. Some ends up down my shirt, some on the floor, and I've even found a piece that somehow ended up in my hoodie pocket. That's another reason people shouldn't share with me - you might lose a hand!

People who chomp popcorn at the movie theaters with their mouth's open irritate me so bad! lol I don't know why it bothers me so much but any kind of crunching or gulping noises turn me into one pissed off person! Like I really just want to reach over and slap the person. You can normally see me ringing my hands together to contain them. Okay sorry she reminded me of something there :)

You and me both. Those sounds send me into a rage. It can be someone I really like, too. It's not personally about the person, but the noises themselves. Look up "misophonia". It will all make sense, believe me.

This explains a lot. My daughter loses her mind when somebody gulps. I'll have to let her know she's not alone.

PLEASE DO! I don't mean to yell, but this is such a frustrating thing to deal with. I love my family members, but eating with them makes me want to stab either them or myself. And do NOT get me started on gum chewers.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I just used shark week to justify a 500 calorie muffin, even though I usually judge women who blame their overeating on bodily functions.

My colleague blamed her chocolate pretzel breakfast this morning on having 'fallen to the Communists'.

Something something red tide...I didn't bother googling; just a guess.
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2015
    Options

TOM - Communists are also called "reds".
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Confession - I've been in a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. I feel like I'm so honest about our relationship and I gush about her all of the time, all of my friends and family know but she keeps me hidden because of the fact I'm female. None of her work friends know and she hasn't even told her so called best friend even though she's said she would and we've had countless arguments about it. The only people who know in her life are her 'lesbian friends' that are already out. It's starting to get to me now and I'm beginning to feel like she's ashamed of me. I just want to have a normal relationship...

As the person that is usually on the other side of this situation, all I can say is, you have to decide what is more important to you. Is it really THAT important that her people know what is going on? Or is being with her really what is important. She is not going to do that until and even IF she is ever ready, you cannot force it, but you can ruin your relationship by making her do something she is not comfortable with.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Confession: Almost every damn day I ask my husband what he wants for dinner, then get disappointed when what he wants doesn't appeal. It's so stupid, because he'd totally just eat what I cooked anyway, it's just a habit.

I learned this by watching my mother... Always asked him what he'd like for dinner then cook it right up but not be satisfied herself... She also still brings him his dinner plate and rubs his feet or head every single night... 35 years... My mom is the best, my dad is just lucky.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    So here’s a real confession but it’s not like most people didn’t have this phobia as well. As a child I was deathly afraid completely petrified of clowns I couldn’t go to the circus because of them. My grandmother painted four portraits of clowns for me the year I was born and they hung on the four walls of my bed room. I had to sleep in complete darkness so I would see their creepy faces gazing down at me. When there would be lightning storms the flash would light up the room and I would see them staring at me. To make matters worse both sets of my grandparents gave me clown dolls, Howdy Doody dolls and other ventriloquist doll that would all appear to be looking at me, in the flashes of light. Oh yeah great now I remembered I was deathly afraid of storms as well.
    When I stayed at my grandmothers house I would always get up really early in the morning to watch Saturday cartoons (a concept lost on todays kids) but to get to the den where the TV was I had to walk through the living room where my grandmother had the glass figurines of clowns that also scared the bejesus out of me. So every night as I went to bed I would turn them around so I wouldn’t see their faces in the morning but somehow every morning they had mysteriously turned back around to greet me with their creepy smiling faces. I would summon up the courage and sprint through the room to get to the safe haven of the den and my Saturday morning cartoons and the wonderful worlds of Sid Krofft’s inventions.
    I now love clowns and creepy dolls, I have the clown portraits that terrified me as a child but my wife and kids are so creeped out by them they won’t let me hang them in the house.
    If I could figure out how to post the clown portraits I would but here is a few of the types of dolls that were in my room. They are the same types that I had, trust me they are indelibly etched in my mind for eternity!
    158919030_1950s-ideal-howdy-doody-ventriloquist-doll-hard-plastic-.jpg
    454a1a24318a40d8ba479940e2969668.jpg
    vintage-bozo-the-clown-ventriloquist-dummy-puppet-americanlisted_31867995.jpg

I wasn't scared of them until this post.

Seriously. SO creepy.

I've never been afraid of clowns. But as a kid I had an American Girl doll, and so did my sister. By day, they were fun playmates we could dress and have tea with. By night, I had to lay them face down under the bed or they would certainly come alive and do evil things. I even had recurring nightmares that mine in particular was possessed by the devil and was out to get me.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I really, really, really need to be working right now.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

You're my one and only friend, thanks to Barbie Girl, so that has to count for something!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

That was your One Thousand One Hundred and Eleventieth post. AWESOME!!

As I notice, I'm approaching my 666th post, I promise, it'll be something truly evil I've done.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Me too. Every morning I come in and say I must finish certain tasks before coming on here, but then here I am. Catching up on the 10 pages I missed.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Confession - I've been in a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. I feel like I'm so honest about our relationship and I gush about her all of the time, all of my friends and family know but she keeps me hidden because of the fact I'm female. None of her work friends know and she hasn't even told her so called best friend even though she's said she would and we've had countless arguments about it. The only people who know in her life are her 'lesbian friends' that are already out. It's starting to get to me now and I'm beginning to feel like she's ashamed of me. I just want to have a normal relationship...

This is a tough one. A year and a half is a long time to be stressed over hiding a relationship but I really do not feel as though she is ashamed of you but she is not ready for herself to be public yet. I feel for your frustration though. My best friend didn't tell me for years although I already knew and I smiled like I didn't know that she and her other 'best friend' did all these amazing things together were actually a couple. I just waited until she was ready. She was in her 30's when she finally told me and almost 40 when she told her mom. Hang in there...

Yes, this is good advice. I'm sorry you are dealing with this, noaddedsugarx, but I'd try to let her know how important this is to you without turning it into an argument and give it a little more time. I hope this all works out for you both soon.

Thanks to the both of you. The thing is apart from this issue we have an amazing relationship. We do talk about marriage and stuff. She's the first woman I've ever been with and it was hard for me to come out too. I know it's different for everyone but now I feel like I want everyone to know and I wish it was the same way for her too. It's hard too when I see tons of people at my age in happy relationships, a ton of people I know have got engaged. She tells me things about her friends and their partners even if it's that they are having problems or whatever and it just makes me feel like I'm so insignificant in her life that I don't even come up in her conversations.. I dunno I suppose I will just have to hang in there.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I confess that I tend to binge on my off-workout days.

Why do I not choose to binge on the days I go for a 5-mile run?

This keeps me up at night (as I munch on dark chocolate covered cashews)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

I refuse to share food with people at the movies. Especially popcorn. One person has to hold it, then the person holding it eats most of it. And then the person not holding the bag has to awkwardly reach into the other person's lap to grab some. And if both people reach at the same time it leads to hand bumping and... ugh. I just hate it. We'll each get our own popcorn and be happier.

Confession: I turn into a total pig at the movies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE movie theatre popcorn and shovel it in as fast as a I can. I end up dropping a lot of it too. Some ends up down my shirt, some on the floor, and I've even found a piece that somehow ended up in my hoodie pocket. That's another reason people shouldn't share with me - you might lose a hand!

People who chomp popcorn at the movie theaters with their mouth's open irritate me so bad! lol I don't know why it bothers me so much but any kind of crunching or gulping noises turn me into one pissed off person! Like I really just want to reach over and slap the person. You can normally see me ringing my hands together to contain them. Okay sorry she reminded me of something there :)

You and me both. Those sounds send me into a rage. It can be someone I really like, too. It's not personally about the person, but the noises themselves. Look up "misophonia". It will all make sense, believe me.

Loud or open mouth chewing is really annoying. I also hate the bag crinklers in the theater. I try to make sure I have my snacks open & set up beforehand so I can reach them with ease. But there's always that one a-hole that is trying to open a package during a quiet part of the movie and all you can hear is the bag crinkling as they struggle.