• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    what about if we are trolling? blah blah blah? gimme a break. *rolleyes*
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    people who CLANG the weight stack up and down repeatedly. my ears. wtf.

Then put ear plugs in.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    I'm in the gym at 5 AM and often again after work around 5 PM. I have noticed virtually nobody in the morning sits on a piece of equipment using their cell phone for 5 minutes "resting" or "logging their workout". It's pretty common in the late afternoon. Funny thing if you asked the casual observer they would say the morning group was in better shape overall.

Just my observation.

hmmm most people at my gym I see in the am are obese beginners...I guess that means that all early am people are obese beginners....< see what I did there...

People that exercise in between these two extremities(i.e The afternoon) are neither skinny or fat in my gym. They would probably be considered skinnyfat. ;)

I am having an identity crisis - I often workout in the morning and the evening. In fact, weekends, I sometimes lift in the morning, afternoon and evening. I have no idea if I am in better shape, lazy, skinny fat or maybe all of the above now.

Two days a week I do two-a-days and lifting in the morning and cardio in the afternoon. I think I'm doing those in the right order, you lift when you're fit and cardio in the afternoon when you're fat, right?
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm in the gym at 5 AM and often again after work around 5 PM. I have noticed virtually nobody in the morning sits on a piece of equipment using their cell phone for 5 minutes "resting" or "logging their workout". It's pretty common in the late afternoon. Funny thing if you asked the casual observer they would say the morning group was in better shape overall.

Just my observation.

hmmm most people at my gym I see in the am are obese beginners...I guess that means that all early am people are obese beginners....< see what I did there...

People that exercise in between these two extremities(i.e The afternoon) are neither skinny or fat in my gym. They would probably be considered skinnyfat. ;)

I am having an identity crisis - I often workout in the morning and the evening. In fact, weekends, I sometimes lift in the morning, afternoon and evening. I have no idea if I am in better shape, lazy, skinny fat or maybe all of the above now.

the time of day you work out will determine your fitness level..

so on Monday if you workout at 5am you would be "in great shape"

however, if you went Monday at 5pm you would be "out of shape"

if you went Monday at 12pm you would be in "OK shape"

are we clear on this?

Do you do these kinds of things just to be annoying?????

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »

Just my observation.

are we clear on this?

Wow. Really?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

How is it trolling if I'm asking you a legit question?

How are we going to do 300+ deadlifts quietly?

Obviously, you should use less weight for your deadlifts.

It's the only way.

And between sets, I highly recommend that you straddle the bar or sit on it to reduce the chances of someone taking it mistakenly thinking you were done. Leaving a towel or water bottle with it is no indication and has no bearing on its availability.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Just my observation.

are we clear on this?

I can see how someone summarizing the posts you've made would be annoying to you.

I would be annoyed too if someone pointed out the inconsistency and nonsensical nature of my statements...at least for a moment. And then I would seriously reconsider them.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Just my observation.

are we clear on this?

bahahahahahahaha..

oh man that is a rare one coming from you ...

LOLZ....

ahahahahahahahahahahaha.....damn I can't breath .....

LOL

Ok I think I am done.....
  • ndj1979
    Options

do you even deadlift???
  • ndj1979
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

How is it trolling if I'm asking you a legit question?

How are we going to do 300+ deadlifts quietly?

Obviously, you should use less weight for your deadlifts.

It's the only way.

And between sets, I highly recommend that you straddle the bar or sit on it to reduce the chances of someone taking it mistakenly thinking you were done. Leaving a towel or water bottle with it is no indication and has no bearing on its availability.

But but......my gainz!!!!

I would really like to hear what her solution would be for eliminating something that is expected in a gym, noise.

you go to the gym for gainz?????

I just go to steal the equipment when people get up for water breaks....
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's not how the internet works. If random people on it affect your health, you need to leave instead of expecting them to perform within parameters meeting your expectations. In fact, that sort of applies to life in general and all interactions with other people.

Yeah, it's a harsh thing to hear but it's true. I had a guy on here add me as a friend just to make fun of me. After getting called a fat cow, an ugly c**t, and being made fun of for having a "pig nose", the guy ended up getting banned. Yeah, I felt like crap. Especially because he just happened to make fun of things that I'm quite embarrassed about but I got over it. Join the "compliment the person above you" thread. I was blushing after that. <3
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

do you even deadlift???

Since she mentioned the weight stack clanging, no.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    If someone left a towel on a treadmill I would assume some kind stranger left it for me and would towel myself off accordingly - handing it back to the good Samaritan upon their return and thanking them appropriately.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    What about if we are deadlifting? Should we gently guide the weight down? What if it's 300 lbs+?

I assume they meant for machines, not free weights. And yeah, even though it's not directly affecting my workout, it's rather annoying to listen to. Especially if I can hear it over my music.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    RhineDHP wrote: »
    What about if we are deadlifting? Should we gently guide the weight down? What if it's 300 lbs+?

I assume they meant for machines, not free weights. And yeah, even though it's not directly affecting my workout, it's rather annoying to listen to. Especially if I can hear it over my music.

Don't assume you know what she meant, let her respond for herself. You're in a gym, there will be noise. You have 3 options. Get over it, join planet fitness or work out at home. It's a gym not a book club of a poetry reading.

So a machine clanking is going to annoy you but a heavy deadlift hitting the floor won't? Or someone doing Olympic lifts letting the bar drop from over their head?

Stop being such a lunk.

Gym-Idiots-Planet-Fitness-Lunk-Alarm.jpg