Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

I have a great NSV. Yesterday I was super grumpy, for no apparent reason. Usually when this happens, I turn to food to make me feel better. We all know it doesn't. Somehow, I made it through the day yesterday without overindulging! I even went to the gym to do my 40 minutes of cardio. I was trying to come up with all sorts of excuses not to, but gave those up and went :)

Great job!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    3/26 - Simple today .....
    1. NO sugar. I need to get the sugar OUT of my system!
    2. drink water
    3. Log everything I eat.

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today (Wednesday March 25)
    1. Stick to my planned food :smile:
    2. Spend time with God :smile:
    3. Exercise 1 hour :smile:
    4. Do something fun with kids :smile:

Just for today ( Thursday March 26)
    1. Early morning walk
    2. Stick to food plan
    3. Housework and laundry
    4. 10,000 steps

• kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am on tablet and am not good at it! So, this will be brief! To losing rate and exquisitern: Awesome! I basically took off for a couple days... My computer is not working so not easy to type on this little thing! Fairly much got frustrated yesterday and ate whatever. So., want to work hard today!
    Just for today:
    1. Get back to my low Cal allowance
    2. Drink my 3+ pints water /tea
    3. Exercise 25 min
    4. Focus back on getting things done at home coz it's been crazy

Hopefully computer will be fixed coz this is rather a pain!
    Have a great day :)
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The tablet did the name wrong. It was to losingrae!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,289 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just for today 3/26
    1. Get to gym and do Stair Master
    2. Remember smaller goals will turn into larger goals
    3. No late night snacking (every night hubby needs something sweet)
    4. Healthy foods shopping!
    5. Come back

I had someone post this on my wall and wanted to share with everyone!

Something to think about-how is your "thought diet"? What you eat, how you move your body, and the words you listen to and tell yourself all influence your behavior and ability to reach your goals.If you tell yourself over and over again that you'll never lose weight, your subconscious is going to direct your behaviors to fulfill your ideology. You will fall into the same cycle you always have - thoughts lead to behaviors, which reinforce those thoughts. We have physical habits and we have mental habits. We try to change our physical habits(what we eat and how we move), but we usually overlook changing our mental habits. When your physical and mental habits are out of sync, it makes it difficult to reach your goals. The words you use to describe yourself are powerful. If you use hateful language to describe your body, you will continue to do things to make you hate it. You will exercise and eat better as a form of punishment instead of self-improvement. If you learn to love your body, you will begin to do things that care for it. If you tell yourself you have no power over "bad" food, you will likely continue to binge and eat out of control. But if you start telling yourself that you are in control, you will begin to feel in control, which will help bring about a change in behavior. Remember, thoughts ---> actions ---> thoughts ---> actions. The cycle is reinforcing. It can take you to the stars, or it can swallow you in a black hole. To change the direction you want to go you have to work on changing both your physical and your mental habits. Only then will your body be in harmony. ~CoachCalorie
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Had a great weigh-in today. I have been super meticulous all week on my eating and trying to get in anywhere from 1-2 hours of cardio a day. I haven't been eating back my exercise calories, but once I finish this weight loss challenge at work (which ends 5/1/15), I'm going to start putting some in. I can always use more protein and less carbs. I'm a carbs kinda girl.
    Anyway I lost since my last weigh in last week when I gained 1.6 lbs and weighed 171 lbs and this week I weighed 164.4, which was a 6.6 lbs loss. A killer week to be sure, I was sick last week and eating everything and it's brother and I think, part of this was water weight, so I think I will be back to 2 lbs next week.

Anyway, Just for today:
    1) Get in another 30-60 minutes of cardio this afternoon or tonight
    2) Stay at or under my 1200 cal
    3) Get in 6-8 glasses of water
    4) Get in some crochet time tonight. Didn't get any done last night.
    5) Take it one day at a time.

Everyone have a great day and keep coming back and posting!!!

Outstanding loss!!!!

• GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Just for Today 3/25
    1. log every bite :)
    2. get in 40 mins cardio :)
    3. do 5 mins meditation :) I keep forgetting

I have a great NSV. Yesterday I was super grumpy, for no apparent reason. Usually when this happens, I turn to food to make me feel better. We all know it doesn't. Somehow, I made it through the day yesterday without overindulging! I even went to the gym to do my 40 minutes of cardio. I was trying to come up with all sorts of excuses not to, but gave those up and went :)

1. log every bite
    2. gym for strength training (do not worry that you might look foolish, at least you are trying)
    3. 5 mins meditation

Outstanding job, Rae!
  • babbalita
    babbalita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    1. Each small success will add up
    2. Focus on other things than food.
  • cvillegal03
    cvillegal03 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just for Today 3/25
    1. log every bite :)
    2. get in 40 mins cardio :)
    3. do 5 mins meditation :) I keep forgetting

1. log every bite
    2. gym for strength training (do not worry that you might look foolish, at least you are trying)
    3. 5 mins meditation

That's awesome! Way to go!
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Wednesday's goal:
    - stay under net calories despite client lunch

So am gonna have to bust a gut at bootcamp tomorrow morning!

Hmmmm
    missed due to choc in eve. Totally unnecessary!

Did achieve today though (Thursday) although more by accident than design as the chocolate bunny monster came to call. .....
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Friday's goal
    - stay under net calorie goal. Will need manage day time carefully as eating at a friend's tomorrow eve to celebrate a birthday....

Think I also need to choose NOT to eat chocolate for a day.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Friday goal
    Get on the treadmill at lunch and get it done.

I decided today I am going to try to exercise for reasons other than weight loss
    1st priority My mental health
    2nd priority my physical health so I can live a long life and stay strong

By just simply exercising regularly these goals will be accomplished 100%, the weight loss may come as a bonus but if not that is okay. I will be better off regardless than if I sit back and make excuses to quit just because I am not getting the results I want. (*) (*) (*)

Night everyone :)
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Friday's goal
    - stay under net calorie goal. Will need manage day time carefully as eating at a friend's tomorrow eve to celebrate a birthday....

Think I also need to choose NOT to eat chocolate for a day.

feistyjojo I have chosen not to buy Easter candy this year. (so far, I may get a little for the family right before the day) It is the ONLY way to keep out of the chocolate for me. I'm lucky my hubby is allergic, so he doesn't bring any home either.
  • taxmom9093
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    Friday goal
    Get on the treadmill at lunch and get it done.

I decided today I am going to try to exercise for reasons other than weight loss
    1st priority My mental health
    2nd priority my physical health so I can live a long life and stay strong

By just simply exercising regularly these goals will be accomplished 100%, the weight loss may come as a bonus but if not that is okay. I will be better off regardless than if I sit back and make excuses to quit just because I am not getting the results I want. (*) (*) (*)

Night everyone :)

Ruby, this is the attitude I have adopted for exercise the last year. I love to walk, especially outside in the woods if possible. It's a mental health break for me and good for my body too. Any weight loss due to exercise is a bonus.
  • taxmom9093
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    1. Log everything I eat :)
    2. Walk walk walk at least 12000 steps :D:D over 17000 steps! Found time to get out for a walk along a local bike path.
    3. Breathe and try not to get overwhelmed :) Working on it anyway

Posting tonight because I need to head into work exceptionally early tomorrow.
    Just for today I will

1. Log everything I eat
    2. Walk whenever possible. Get out of the office and walk around the parking lot if the opportunity presents itself.
    3. Relax, enjoy the nuttiness of work if I can and keep my sense of humor. It is possible.

Have a Fun Friday all.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today ( Thursday March 26)
    1. Early morning walk :smile:
    2. Stick to food plan :smile:
    3. Housework and laundry :smile:
    4. 10,000 steps :smile:

Just for today ( Friday March 27)
    1. Take breakfast and lunch and snack with me
    2. Walk at least 1 hour
    3. Stick to food plan
    4. Shop for healthy foods

• faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I'm going to be pleased with my accomplishments, and okay with where I am on my journey at this moment.
  • hamaya77
    hamaya77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I'm going to be pleased with my accomplishments, and okay with where I am on my journey at this moment.

First time doing this and I've liked what I've read so far especially the post above.

So just for today.... (3/27/15)
    1. I will be please with my accomplishments today..
    2. I will remember to wear my pedometer and get out and walk more during the day.
    3. I will get up early to get my cardio in.
  • Katherine52459
    Katherine52459 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Walked four miles yesterday and ate one hundred percent on program.
    Just for today I will:
    -log everything I eat
    -walk at least two miles
    -eat within program guidelines