WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2015

Options

Replies

• terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ! ! !

We have been busy at work again, so I read all the posts, but didn't have time to take notes. Even so, best of everything to everyone. thanks for the inspiration.

The new co-worker had a reality check when her lipid panel came back, so she set up a MFP account, and was appalled at the results under her food posting. Yesterday she had an apple instead of chips for lunch. Today she is going to the fitness center with me for a 10 minute workout. Baby steps. I'm so proud of her ! ! ! I hope it will do me good, too. :)

The Spring baseball schedule has been posted. There are times that we have to drive over an hour away for a 9:00am game on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Crazy ! I better pack my snacks the evening before. I hope they cancel the 8-10pm practices when they have such early games the next morning. The coaches should have hours like our kids, so they can see how tough it is to get up in the morning. My son averages 6 hours of sleep at least 2-3 times per week. That's not enough for a 14 y.o. in MHO.

It is DH birthday on Sunday, and he is working 7am - 7pm tomorrow. I wonder if he'll want to do something on his only day off? 1 thing we need to do is shop for cleats, but I bet that doesn't count. ;)

Time to organize and get ready for lunch.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    right now picture me SCREAMING at the top of my lungs. my boss is DRIVING ME CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, I feel better
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have been back to MFP since Jan (member off/on for years) not really sure how to stay longed into this string. Do we just comment and that is how we get included? Down 20.2 lbs since January - but I have a very long way to go. I'm not so good at getting friends found on here - Ethel Quad Cities, Iowa.
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How do I add this message board to my groups on my profile page?
  • terri_mom
    Options
    Hi Rose. Just above this thread is a star. When you click on the star, it should turn yellow. Then, in the future, when you click on "Community", then on the star, you will see the group. In a few days (just before the end of the month) Barbie will post a new link to the new thread, then you can do the steps all over again. Glad you are here. If someone else gives better directions, listen to them.

Lunch break was amazing. the new girl talked my ear off, so I only ate 1/2 of my soup. And my supervisor was on the treadmill next to me, so we all started talking and the 12 minutes just flew by. Now, to finish up my paperwork for the week, and stop at the produce store after work. This time I am going to the local Greek store, because of their prices on mango, grapes, and romainne lettuce, plus they always have good prices on Feta cheese.

Ok, new question. I suppose I need to buy a bunch of paper plates and plastic flatware, so we can eat in the livingroom next weekend (while the kitchen floor gets replaced)?

Another round of Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Just popping back in with a bit of good news. My son has done all he paperwork and his rent will actually go DOWN in the bigger apartment. Sounds too good to be true. I sure hope it goes through. Fingers and toes crossed!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Mary.........Well, I did the oil pulling.....baby steps........just 1 1/2 t. for ten minutes and it wasn't as awful as I expected and my teeth were so smooth!!! Also did the salt rinse then flossed and brushed. Did some more reading on it and learned to spit it out in the trash (I never would have thought of that!!!) so it doesn't block plumbing if it re-solidifies. Empty stomach, so I did it right before lunch. One site said to do a skin test first to make sure of no allergy, but I thought that was a bit of overkill as I've eaten coconut all my life. Will work up to one T. and 20min. Even WEBMD said good for gingivitis and plaque! So, a new habit, I guess, now that I've taken the plunge.

Sylvia.........Will cross my fingers and toes for your son to get that apartment.

pip............YELL all you want!!! Let it out!

yanniejannie
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Was curious about the oil pulling as I hadn't heard about it before. You may want to read a couple of articles concerning it and some potential side effects in case you experience any of them.

https://sirenedelamer.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/less-than-pleasant-side-effects-of-oil-pulling-with-coconut-oil-and-update/

Her latest update - https://sirenedelamer.wordpress.com/2013/10/14/oil-pulling-with-safflower-oil/

Tina in MD
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Oh, and as far as confessing crushes on tv personalities in our youth...for me it was Bobby Sherman on Here Come the Brides. Oh, the crush I had on him. And then there was the thing I had for Tommy Smothers. I used to have a recurring dream that he came to get me for a date driving a big pink convertible. No idea where that came from. I had that dream as an adult, too. So my love for Tommy must have outlived my love for Bobby. A sense of humor is so important, you know. Alas, neither came to rescue me from my horrible adolescence.
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Today's jokes of the day:

:)

A woman was rushed into the hospital in an ambulance as she was just about to give birth to twins.

At the hospital the lady was in such pain she had to be sedated.

A couple of hours after the babies had been delivered, she woke up and asked to see her children.

"Doctor, could you bring my babies to me so I can name them?"

The doctor replied, "You don't need to worry about names, your brother has already named them."

"Why did you let him name them, he has no sense! What did he call the little girl then?"

"Denise." replied the doctor.

"Oh that’s not too bad, I thought u were going to tell me he'd named her something awful! So what did he call the little boy?"

"De-nephew, of course!"

:D

Q: Why did the guy get fired from the orange juice factory?

A: He couldn't concentrate.

:D
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Margaret ... you visit such beautiful places ... thanks for sharing your photos.

Sylvia ... praying your son gets the apartment!

It's snowing today ... sigh ...

Beth in Western New York

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: we had the same crushes! And David McCallum??

Cynthia
  • terri_mom
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This looks like something I get in my e-mail on occasion, so "they" can hack your account and send spam to your other contacts. I hope I'm wrong.

bing search: https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68814 (spent time in jail)

http://datingscams.cc/search/princessjobe98@yahoo.com : DatingScams has analyzed princessjobe98@yahoo.com email address and has found 1 profile(s) in the database of dating scammers.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    mynyddisamrs - (Jackie) - great paintings and ceramics. Is this your professional job? Really good.

Does anyone use a spiraliser? I'm half thinking of getting one, but worry that it's just another gadget that will clutter up the kitchen and I'll soon tire of. I already have a julienne peeler that I have used once.

Heather UK
    -
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Quick answer to Teri about paper/plastic for kitchen remodeling....when I was remodeling my kitchen (it took 8 weeks), before they gutted the kitchen I set up a table in my family room with the microwave and coffee pot. Used as much disposable as possible, I just couldn't fathom washing dishes in the tub!

Chris in MA
  • orchid4mom
    orchid4mom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Would some of you ladies add me as a friend? I am 62 years old ,live in Canada and would love to meet new friends who like to eat healthy and to share tips with,I'm sure some of you ladies can teach me a lot! Thank you :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Chris~
    we will be remodeling kitchen too, DH I dont think he has a clue on what a pain it will be..
    tired ,have weekend off, will check in in the morning
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    Quick Q.... How on earth do I get my ticker back on ...not my ❤️ But my weight loss one!
    Heather ... No it's not my profession...lol! I was a catering and facilities manager! I just like painting! I've been doing kid's canvases since the grand kids came along and do a few craft fairs etc. good fun.
    Off to bed now .... Toooo much info I know
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Saturday and getting back to training and remembering Mildred beagle with LOVE now.
    In 6 weeks with Tom's LYB I have Gained 1.1 Kg total weight and gained 0.89 Kg Lean weight, Lost 0.21 Kg Fat, Gained 2.8% muscle and Gained 3.03 Kg muscle. Happy with those results. See what I can do next week in better frame of mind
    Today's training is : Wii Biggest loser, and JJ's Circuit B and SA Cardio sculpt
    Food = 1954, all healthy choices
  • SlenderClassyElegant
    SlenderClassyElegant Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jen. I've been using Fitness Pal for about 2 years now, and haven't lost a pound. I'm feeling like a failure. I'm glad to see so many people are positive and happy here. I'll be 51 in April, and I'm from sunny northern California B)