Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Plus a lot of my friends from high school are married/engaged/having babies and I'm just over here like, "hey, isn't my dog super cute?"

Basically me.

And me! I swear I'm the only single person I know IRL.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Second confession, and I feel kinda bad about this one...

Yesterday, I didn't want the italian dressing I had for my salad so I stole some ranch dressing from the work refrigeration. This morning I realized I was out of almond milk for my coffee. Checked the work fridge again. Yep, stole someone's coconut almond milk. I did not use either item completely up, but I still feel thievish. And I NEEDED coffee and can't drink it black.

At work, I don't mind sharing (even if I don't know about it ;) ) as long as it is not all gone. Though I would expect if someone did, that they would be respectful enough to replace it.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8‌ & @fitfatty88‌ Thanks for the words of advice. I just scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday.

That is fantastic!
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,592 Member
    Options
    When I was going to school and had an 8 am class, because of the long commute I had to wake up at around 4:30 am. Somehow this made it so I now wake up like clockwork around that hour and the only thing that makes me go back to sleep is eating breakfast.My breakfast is usually a cup of source 35 yogurt, 2 cups of granola and a cup of frozen berries :( Which I think is a lot especially for that hour but its the only thing I feel satisfied with.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    I watched my boyfriend fall off of a ridge while we were scrambling last summer. He was airlifted off of the mountain (I had to leave him to go get help-no choice), ended up in critical care for a week and had a total of 12 days spent in the hospital. Every time I can't get a hold of him, I get terrified that something's happened and I'm not there. I used to worry about him in an abstract sort of way, but after seeing/dealing with it first-hand like that, I'm a lot more anxious and clingy around him. He's tolerant of it for now, but I'm afraid I'm going to push him away eventually if I can't learn to trust him to take care of himself again.

:( That sounds tough. I would have a hard time moving past that as well.

[/quote]

Wow what an extreme experience! Is that called post traumatic stress syndome/disorder? I'd get that checked out if I were you, it's not good for you!
    [/quote]

I'm not sure if it's PTSD or not, because for medium to large amounts of time I can keep it out of my head (I was doing really well for a while) but when the anxiety hits it can get bad. It's now approaching scrambling season again, and I think that's why I'm backsliding.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Plus a lot of my friends from high school are married/engaged/having babies and I'm just over here like, "hey, isn't my dog super cute?"

Basically me.

And me! I swear I'm the only single person I know IRL.

Semi-crazy single dog ladies unite! ;)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    rotterholt wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    ... double post, MFP blip...

Phew. It's not just me, lol.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

Me too - I keep telling my spouse how hard it is to make friends as an adult. We're either busy with work, kids, activities (or for me, the gym 6 days a week). At this point I consider him my closest friend, and we have a blast, but I miss having a group of "girlfriends".

I feel like I have a lot of acquaintences. There are couples that we hang out with and I am friends with some of them, but it seems the women have been friends longer and I feel like I am hanging out on the fringes. I don't feel a real effort to include me in a lot of things and I miss having girlfriends too. It's hard to get into a group that already seems pretty tightly knit.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

*kitten* girl, I just creeped your photo's. GET YOU SOME. You deserve it.

Ever heard of a burner phone? You need some burner boyfriends. Don't be a ho, but you know, GET YOU SOME!

I have been doing this lately, and I must say it has been FABULOUS.

I've always been in long, serious, intense relationships and it has been great to just plain have some FUN for a change. I never did the casual dating thing in my 20s so I am making up for it now.

I'm going to turn 40 soon and this probably looks like a midlife crisis from the outside, but actually I am pretty happy.
  • chattywalnut
    chattywalnut Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a food hider.
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week
    I did the same with oreo cookies
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    My last two confessions have been deep and feelful. Here's some small ones to lighten the mood!

Confession: I have Siri set to call me, "Oh, Great Bearded One." When she responds, "What do you need me to do, Oh Great Bearded One?" I lol. Every time.

Confession: Earlier this week, I worked from home an extra day and blamed it on Thing 1 not feeling good and needing to be around in case he had to be picked up from daycare. Today at noon, daycare called and told me to come pick up Thing 2 because she wasn't feeling well.

Confession: My wife is, um, top heavy. I have various boob-related nicknames for her, and by various I mean at least more than 10. For a while, her name in my phone was Lady Popems McBoobsalot.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have Siri set to call me, "Oh, Great Bearded One." When she responds, "What do you need me to do, Oh Great Bearded One?" I lol. Every time.

How do you do this??
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Confession: much of the time I feel like a bit of a fraud/imposter on here because, although the site is called "my FITNESS pal", it is definitely slanted toward weight loss and I'm not interested in losing weight. And, no, no one here has ever made me feel like I don't belong or anything, it's all in my head.

Yeah, I think it is strange that there are so many people here who are so anti-exercise. Exercise is a great thing...whether you are trying to lose weight or not.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Phew it was time for some light confessions! :):)
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

How do you do this??

Hold the circle until voice mode comes on. Say, "Call me...." She'll confirm what you want from there.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    confession:

(and this ties in to the past 2 or 3 topics in this thread somehow)

I used to be pretty judgmental of people with mental health issues. I'd dismiss it as weakness or attention seeking. Then about 2 years ago I started having panic attacks and anxiety. Fought it for a long time, tried to "fix" it on my own, nothing worked. Finally got help. Very humbling experience to say the least.

Was also drinking quite heavily during this time. Knocking on the door of full-blown alcoholism. I think the anxiety and panic attacks were correlated to the drinking but I'm not which came first. Anyway after getting help the desire to drink really dropped off. Every once in a while I want to have a casual drink like everyone else but I don't trust myself. It might be fine, or I might spiral out of control and right now I'm not willing to take that risk. Drinking heavily, at least for me, was symptomatic of deeper issues I had been harboring.

It all stems back to childhood I really believe that now. I didn't have that bad of childhood but for one aspect and it had a drastic effect on me without my realizing it until recently. I'll confess more on that later don't have the time now...

Oh, and I used to be one of those who thought about sex constantly but after seeking help they put me on an anti-depressant (one more thing I used to not "believe in" doing until it effected me). It has really helped me a lot, but one side effect is it has pretty much killed my libido. I don't necessarily mind it and in fact find it strangely liberating. I can focus my thoughts on more productive things and feel more in control of my mind and body.

Not a confession, but I highly recommend the book "Always the fat kid" - felt like I was reading my own biography and it really helped me understand myself.
    I'm really impressed by your honesty. I hope you're feeling better about yourself these days. I'm with you about not really understanding much about mental illness when you've always been fine yourself. My 19 year-old daughter has recently been diagnosed with depression, and I'm still struggling with the idea that it may NOT have been caused by her low iron levels, but may actually be a serious condition.

I am so happy you got help! Through being overweight my whole life and bullied, I was still ALWAYS very mentally stable. (Arrogance runs in my family!) After I had my second child, I became a completely different person. I was angry ALL THE TIME. I treated my three year old son sooo bad. One day, when the baby was about 6 months old, I raged out on my 3yo to the point that I physically hurt him. I immediately lock myself in the bathroom and called my husband to come home from work. That very day, we went to our GP, who diagnosed me with severe post-partum depression, even though I was not sad, but angry. I took antidepressants and joined a post-partum support group and the change back to my old self was almost immediate. To this day, I still harbor so much guilt over hurting my son and I will NEVER forget the look in his eyes when it happened. It was a complete look of betrayal. I don't think he remembers it and I have never told anyone this story before. I am so glad this is a no judgement zone, because now that I have brought the memories back up, I feel about the worst human being ever.

When our third was born, I also had PPD, but we knew to watch for the signs and made sure to get on anti-depressants right away...my awesome husband also insisted that I get out at least once a week, for a couple of hours without the baby.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

How do you do this??

Hold the circle until voice mode comes on. Say, "Call me...." She'll confirm what you want from there.

That's what she said ;)
  • kismet1428
    kismet1428 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I don't know what I like to do. My world was taking care of my daughter, she's grown and I seriously have no clue what I am interested in and no idea of how to figure it out.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    When I relocated several years ago, my mother told me I needed to make new friends. So I met other women and tried to do the friend thing. Most of them complained about their husbands. I told my husband, I always felt awkward because I had nothing to complain about and really couldn't relate. He said I should make something up if it would make me feel better. He is so totally awesome! I thought about it but didn't. Then I realized these women seemed to get something out of the drama and the being unhappy. It was then that I decided that my husband and my four long distance friends were enough.

That always happens to me too. I mean, my guy does the normal annoying stuff like leaving socks everywhere, but he's mainly pretty great. Some of the things other women complain about are really bad - like, I would get a divorce bad. But they won't. They just want to b!tch about it and change nothing. Sad.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    confession:

(and this ties in to the past 2 or 3 topics in this thread somehow)

I used to be pretty judgmental of people with mental health issues. I'd dismiss it as weakness or attention seeking. Then about 2 years ago I started having panic attacks and anxiety. Fought it for a long time, tried to "fix" it on my own, nothing worked. Finally got help. Very humbling experience to say the least.

Was also drinking quite heavily during this time. Knocking on the door of full-blown alcoholism. I think the anxiety and panic attacks were correlated to the drinking but I'm not which came first. Anyway after getting help the desire to drink really dropped off. Every once in a while I want to have a casual drink like everyone else but I don't trust myself. It might be fine, or I might spiral out of control and right now I'm not willing to take that risk. Drinking heavily, at least for me, was symptomatic of deeper issues I had been harboring.

It all stems back to childhood I really believe that now. I didn't have that bad of childhood but for one aspect and it had a drastic effect on me without my realizing it until recently. I'll confess more on that later don't have the time now...

Oh, and I used to be one of those who thought about sex constantly but after seeking help they put me on an anti-depressant (one more thing I used to not "believe in" doing until it effected me). It has really helped me a lot, but one side effect is it has pretty much killed my libido. I don't necessarily mind it and in fact find it strangely liberating. I can focus my thoughts on more productive things and feel more in control of my mind and body.

Not a confession, but I highly recommend the book "Always the fat kid" - felt like I was reading my own biography and it really helped me understand myself.
    I'm really impressed by your honesty. I hope you're feeling better about yourself these days. I'm with you about not really understanding much about mental illness when you've always been fine yourself. My 19 year-old daughter has recently been diagnosed with depression, and I'm still struggling with the idea that it may NOT have been caused by her low iron levels, but may actually be a serious condition.

I am so happy you got help! Through being overweight my whole life and bullied, I was still ALWAYS very mentally stable. (Arrogance runs in my family!) After I had my second child, I became a completely different person. I was angry ALL THE TIME. I treated my three year old son sooo bad. One day, when the baby was about 6 months old, I raged out on my 3yo to the point that I physically hurt him. I immediately lock myself in the bathroom and called my husband to come home from work. That very day, we went to our GP, who diagnosed me with severe post-partum depression, even though I was not sad, but angry. I took antidepressants and joined a post-partum support group and the change back to my old self was almost immediate. To this day, I still harbor so much guilt over hurting my son and I will NEVER forget the look in his eyes when it happened. It was a complete look of betrayal. I don't think he remembers it and I have never told anyone this story before. I am so glad this is a no judgement zone, because now that I have brought the memories back up, I feel about the worst human being ever.

When our third was born, I also had PPD, but we knew to watch for the signs and made sure to get on anti-depressants right away...my awesome husband also insisted that I get out at least once a week, for a couple of hours without the baby.

It wasn't your fault. Post-partum depression is serious business.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling adventurous, if someone messages me their phone number, I'll give them a call!