Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    He everyone!

@tammy--jeepers that sounds like a lot of gardening! The only good thing about our cold weather during my spring break is that I haven't felt pressured to do any yard work.

@laurie--glad you had a good swim. Are you on spring break this coming week or is yours the 2nd week of April? I hope you have nice weather and can get out on your bike.

AFM--Well, I had a productive day. Finished all of the laundry, got some grading done, filled up on gas and got the car washed, and went to BB & B to look for sheers. I didn't find any the right length, but picked up a gift registry for my friend's shower. Then went shoe shopping; I had a $20 coupon from DSW that was going to expire tomorrow, so glad I didn't let that go to waste. :smile:

Even though I have 25 journals left to grade, I only have 18 left in my pile b/c a few kids already stapled them into their notebooks which I didn't want to lug home. I will have to finish those 7 on Monday morning.

I also finished the America poem analyses, but still have the AP analysis activities to complete. My plan is to go to the gym first to run my 8k, come home to shower, then head out to finish the grading.

March Challenge:
    At or under calories 5/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    Week 1: At/under calories 4/7 (but one day I was only over by 7 calories) UNDER FOR WK
    Week 2: At/under calories 5/7 OVER FOR WK
    Week 3: At/under calories 3/7 OVER FOR WK

All-in strength challenge=core work 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs (sick most of week though)
    Week 2: 1/3 core; PT DONE; 1/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 core; PT DONE; x/3 runs YUCK
    Week 4: 2/3 core; PT DONE; 2/3 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. x/64 AP essays
    2. x/16 AP analysis activities
    3. 12/12 America Poem analyses DONE
    4. 39/64 Wuthering Heights journals

Exercise Goals: (week 4)
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOPE
    Tues--walk gunner NOPE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--PT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I had an excellent day yesterday. Spent it with a girlfriend I hadn't seen in 9-1/2 years, and her 10 year old daughter. Dad couldn't make it up. Janet and I were room-mates eons ago. Now she's a full professor a U of Arkansas in Conway,AR. Her daughter has been active in ATA - Taikwando - and came to Omaha to participate in a midwest competition. At 10 she's a 2nd degree black belt. What a riot to see this loving lil girl, approach the judge, the screw her face into a raging snarl and scream at him in an effort to terrorize him! She did a great routine with nun-chucks too, and came away with 1-first, 2 2nd, and 3 3rd place medals. It was a good fun day for me. I told Janet I drive to any match in a 5 mile radius of Omaha to see it again. Janet had a pile of papers to read as well, @Skinny and never got to them! We finished the day at a Noodle restaurant and the owners gave us a free bowl of Pad Thai (sp?) after I spoke about it - never having tried it, but wanted to, but scared to. (I had ordered just a bowl of noodles, plain) and I really like the Pad Thai - A FIRST for me!
    ALL IN ALL AN ADVENTUROUS DAY!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good day everybody.

I have the lawn cut, 32 lbs. of pork shoulder roasts in the smoker, and now I’ll eat lunch and wait for the hockey game to start. Let’s go Red Wings!

Happy Palm Sunday!
    Palm Sunday

"To different minds, the same world is a hell, and a heaven." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tom
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tom--Wow, that's a lot of pork! I will also be watching some hockey, but I will be cheering on the Blackhawks. :smile:

@robin--Sounds like you had a great day! Janet's experience is exactly why I never travel over Spring Break. I know I would never get to the grading if I were someplace tropical and fun.

AFM--I ran my 8k at the gym. I could tell within the first 2 miles that it wasn't going to be a great run, and by mile 3 I was thinking I would just do 4 miles. However, when I got to mile 4 in about 46 minutes, I decided to do run/walk intervals for the last mile. My only goal at that point was to finish within an hour which I did. Not sure what was "off"--my foot was okay though not 100% (I have an appointment with my podiatrist on 4/13). Honestly, I think it was b/c my shoulder has been hurting more the past few days. It's creeping into my lower neck again, and I think that may have been affecting my overall running form. I wasn't winded, just not feeling great while I ran.

Now I'm at starbucks. Need to grade 18 WH journals. My reward will be to go home and watch the season finale of TWD. So excited!!

March Challenge:
    Week 1: At/under calories 4/7 (but one day I was only over by 7 calories) UNDER FOR WK

8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. x/64 AP essays
    3. 39/64 Wuthering Heights journals

Exercise Goals: (week 1)
    Sun--8k DONE
    Mon--walk gunner
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--rest day

• onederbaby
    onederbaby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Amy and I have a buck and a quarter to lose. I have been on and off the wagon for far too long. I was 167 before I got married 17 years ago. Now having two kids, it has gone up more than I would like. I do not handle stress well so I often find myself eating for comfort. I was diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy 6 years ago. I think I was in denial about it and did not try to get in shape. I have been on my new meds for almost a year now. At my six month check up my heart function did not improve, and in two days I will have my next six month check up to see if it has improved.

As of two days ago, I decided that I HAVE to do something about my weight. My husband has come up with an idea to help me. Because of my heart, I supposed to weigh everyday. I have not checked my weight in a month. I dreaded stepping on the scale so my husband told me to step on the scale and not look. He would take down my weight everyday and let me know if I gained or lost. As weird as it sounds, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. So far, two days into it, I am down 3.6 pounds. I am not able to exercise yet, but I have increased my house work. I do feel that I am more committed to doing what needs to be done.

I could always use support and motivation so feel free to friend request me.
  • jaferjoy
    jaferjoy Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this! I have about 100 pounds to lose and am looking forward to supporting and being supported by all!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Howdy All
    @jtconst‌ - Yowsa on the gardening. Please get us pics when you have blooms.

@skinnyjeanzbound‌ I hope you enjoyed your time off. With all the grading I hope you took some time for yourself.

@RobinsEgg‌ Pad Thai is one of my favorite Asian dishes. I am so glad you like it.

@Morgori‌ Love the Emerson quote, thank you.

@onederbaby‌ Welcome, this is a great place to be.

Sunday Share:
    Trying not to panic today. Weather is not good here, kind of freezing drizzle all day. No sun at all. I did make it to the gym today to do my big Sunday workout.

I am feeling a bit behind on my training for the triathlon. For an olympic length most of the training schedules are 18 weeks and I am 15 weeks out from the race. I went to the library and picked up a couple of books and am enthralled with the whole culture. I do feel good about the amount of strength training I did over the winter and my swimming.

Hubby told me last week he planned to start eating better and when I got home from a friend's house today there were pizza boxes in the kitchen. I am pretty T'd off right now and am trying not to fly off the handle. His health affects me also.

I did manage to get all the paperwork ready for the taxes. I decided not to do them myself, I just do not have enough confidence that they would be done correctly. The tax accountant will file an extension for us as she cannot get to them before the 15th.

When I am this stressed out I just want to eat. I made hubby throw away the rest of the pizza, I will eat my planned dinner and I will watch Masterpiece and I will go to bed early and I will read my book.

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • KarinaGeneva
    KarinaGeneva Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi --

I have been on MFP very inconsistently over the past couple years. I'm trying to renew my focus right now. I am more than 100 lbs overweight, but I don't want to focus too much on that big number. Instead I intend to focus on smaller milestones. I have 6.6 lbs to lose for my next milestone, and then after that I'll probably focus on 10 pounds at a time. Happy to receive any advice or opinions on that approach.

I'm 51 years old and I was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer 5 years ago. The cancer had metastasized and was all throughout my bones. I surprised all my doctors by achieving a full remission after intensive chemotherapy. The cancer is no doubt still there but it's in hiding right now. I should have been more focused on losing weight during this past 5 year period, but … sigh … this is not easy, is it!?! And I had so much on my mind, and so many things I was juggling. (1 1/2 years of chemo, full time job as a corporate lawyer, raising 2 kids, now teenagers … ) So I "retired" last year to spend time with my family while the kids are still in the house, and now I am out of excuses. ;-) I am newly committed to healthy eating, weight loss, exercise, etc. I'm not planning to track calories, because I found that to be fairly difficult and time-consuming. I am trying to focus on drastically reducing refined sugars, eliminating fats except for "healthy fats", cutting back drastically on meat, especially red meat, and increasing veggies, "superfoods," fruits, whole grains, and cold-water fish. I plan to use this site to track exercise, track my weight and measurements, do some journaling, and look to the boards for inspiration.

If anyone can relate to what I'm trying to do, I welcome fitness buddies for mutual support.

Thanks!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Just a quick update. Got through 9/18 journals. Gosh they are taking long. I thought maybe it was just me being unmotivated, but my colleague texted me last night saying they were taking her forever also.

I'm going to try to get through at least 3 more here at starbucks. Then I will only have 5 to finish at home tonight.

March Challenge:

8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. x/64 AP essays
    3. 47/64 Wuthering Heights journals

Sun--8k DONE
    Mon--walk gunner
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--rest day

• AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I hope by April I am back to posting every day. I paid for the exercise with excruciating pain the last two days. So I am cranky. :(
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    ardysedwardsmcgrath Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i dont know if im doing this right.. but i thought id give it a try.. yes id love to lose a 100+lbs but seems IMPOSSIBLE.. id just as of dec fell off doing good.. gained back 15lbs.. wen i almost lost30 now seems like starting over... I wanted to have lost at least part of my weight before graduation in may.. seems like its hard to get back into it again..but ive redone my goals&such on here this even...&gonna get up early in a.m,&try to walk or ride bike&especially eat better..
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @ardys--welcome! There is no right or wrong--just post and we will offer support. Try not to view it as gaining 15 lbs, but as keeping 15 lbs off since Dec. You are not starting over--you are continuing what you started. :smile:

@angelika--sorry you are sore form the exercise, but you know from experience that it will get better.

@karina--welcome! First of all, congrats on your full remission. I current'y have a friend battling the disease, and we have some survivors who are a regular part of this thread. A lot of folks have great success breaking the overall goal of 100+ lbs into smaller chunks. I know kaye broke her's down into 25 lbs goals and has achieved that 4 times (or is really close to that 4th goal--I can't remember now). Proof that it can work. :smile:

@lori--Yes, I did get plenty of "me" time--maybe more than I should have given that I didn't even start grading the essays. :blush: Oh well, I don't regret it and I still have all week (including the 3-day weekend due to Good Friday) to finish those. Sorry your DH disappointed you with the pizza, but tomorrow is a new day for him, just as it is a new day for us when we slip up. Don't write off hus resolve yet--it may have just been an "oops."

@amy (onder)--welcome as well! It sounds like you have great support with your husband helping you with the scale.

AFM--I got all but 3 of the journals graded (plus the 7 still at school). I will get those done tomorrow as well as the analysis activities. Then I will have the rest of the week for essays. Fortunately, I don't have any bargaining meetings this week or PT. Just a Dr. appt. on Thursday about my shoulder.

Need to determine my April goals. I know one will be to raising my protein intake. I also want to keep an exercise goal, but not sure what that will be yet.

March Challenge:
    Week 4: At/under calories 5/7 OVER FOR WK but not by too much.

Grading Goals:
    1. x/64 AP essays
    3. 54/64 Wuthering Heights journals

Sun--8k DONE
    Mon--walk gunner
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--rest day

• Phredmarie
    Options
    Started my very own program today. I will modify as needed, but I think I'm off to a great start. I do indeed have at least 100 pounds to lose. Un-eating this elephant one bite at a time.
  • johnaime603
    johnaime603 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I've got about 90 of the 100 lbs. left to go. Off to a good start, but it's good to know of others taking the time/making the time to do this.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Busy weekend. Friday, we got my nephews around 5:30. The 3 year old is obsessed with trains and we actually have a Lionel O train. Well, about an hour in, my son came up carrying the engine “I don’t know what he did to it, but it won’t work now” and the nephew was sobbing. Luckily, Uncle Mike can fix it (whew – would have been a long weekend!). Saturday, I had the final Cantata practice and then afterwards my sister, soon to be BIL and I took Emma and the two boys to the park. A little windy, but nice warm weather. We did see that my BIL will be a helicopter dad, which annoys my sister (she decided that she will take their daughter to the park by herself sometimes). Then we ended the day with Cherry Berry yogurt.

Sunday morning, I needed to leave for church (with something for a potluck) by 7:15. At 7:10, while cutting pineapple, the 7 year old comes in “Auntie Tracy, I don’t feel very good.” He says he feels like throwing up. REALLY???? Got him situated with the puke bucket, blanket, cartoons and crackers. Emma said she’d watch him until Michael got home (Jacob was there but sleeping with the 3 year old so we didn’t wake him up). I assumed he was just a little homesick. WRONG! He threw up 5 times in the next 1.5 hours. Michael stayed home with him. Turns out he is lactose intolerant. When I told my sister, her response was “Oh…I should have probably told you that.” Ya think??

Our Cantata went okay during the 8:00 service but it went really well during our 10:00. For the last song, we file out of the church while singing “Walk with me…into the world…as we tell the story through our lives…though the road we travel will not end…walk with me till we say Amen.” I can’t even tell you how many people had tears in their eyes. It is such a moving story…if you are interested in that sort of thing you should try finding a version of it on You Tube…It is called Come Walk with Me by Pepper Choplin.

Lunch with my sister and kids and then Easter Egg dying rounded out our weekend with the nephews. My plan was to go to bed early…nope still reading at 11:45. However, I am now 91% done with this book series, so I think I’ll start seeing some earlier nights. HA!

@Kris…HELLO!!! Nice to see you again!
    @robin…yikes the car sure does have some electrical problems! What a fun day with an old friends…sounds like one of those friendships that the years just disappear when do see them.
    @Karen…my husband was so excited for TWD finale. About 2 hours before that, our cable went out…he was panicky but it came on a few minutes later. He was trying to figure out where he was going to go to see it.

This past week I did a great job on my protein, but not well at all with anything else. Come on Tracy Leigh…let’s get this done! Will plan on going to the gym tonight, but not able to go until later so will do lifting tonight instead of water aerobics as originally planned.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @ardysedwardsmcgrath‌~First, welcome—glad you found us. @skinnyjeanzbound‌ is right, try and focus on the positive not the negative—focus on the weight you've kept off and just keep trucking along.

@angelika~I’m sorry for your continued rib pain, try and take it easy until its healed—I need to follow my own advice (spend all of yesterday out of my boot :blush:).

@Kris~Glad to “see” you!

@Karen~Even though the weather and grading was against you, I hope you feel refreshed after Spring Break.

@Tom~You are the king of smoking meat! When is dinner? :yum:

@GOINSTD12‌~I’m sorry for the bulk of responsibility that falls on your shoulders for taking care of hubby. I agree with the others in allowing yourself a respite, in finding someone to help out with his needs—you need to give yourself a mental and physical break periodically.

@Tammy~Want to come do my flower pots? I’ve been putting it off, waiting just in case there is one last cold spell (although I think we’re done here)—also can’t decide what I want to plant this year.

@Robinsegg~I think it’s great for everyone to have their own personal challenge in April. Really, this is a personal journey and everyone needs to set goals for themselves that will help to keep them focused and motivated.

@Tracy~What a weekend, I’m tired just reading it! LOL Well, of course your sister should have told you about your nephew’s lactose intolerance, geez! :wink: Poor thing. :frowning:

Welcome to @onederbaby, @jaferjoy, @KarinaGeneva, @Phredmarie, @johnaime603 and any others I may have missed over the weekend.

@AFM~I had a pretty busy weekend as well. Saturday was spent with shopping, looking at paint and getting caught up on some things. I'm really undecided on the wall color for my guest bedroom but have decided to paint the master bedroom gray (color is called grey matter :wink:) with a dark plum on one wall. I'm undecided on color for the upstairs bathroom too. I have a color palette I'm using, just undecided on certain shades, given certain accent colors being used in the rooms. Oy, I can be so indecisive--I need to decide though, plan on painting guest bedroom next weekend. Sunday I spent cooking (turkey sausage patties, black bean soup and then beef tenderloin and potato salad) plus other food prep, so I’m ready for the week.

I’ve been bike shopping, too—plan to join the cycle club at my gym sometime this summer. I have access to a new (to me) bike though—a friend of mine no longer uses his Trek hybrid so is giving it to me. We’re the same height, so size wise it works out well--perfect for a first bike. I just need to get it inspected/serviced, buy a “girl” seat and a helmet. I hope to hit the road with it in the next couple of weeks. :grinning:
  • onederbaby
    onederbaby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    To the ladies. Where do you shop for clothes. I have been to Lane Bryant and Torrid, but they do not seem to have a good selection. Maybe I don't have any fashion sense, :)
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    @kah i will gladly trade you. I will do all your pkanting and you can come do the painting i keep putting off.
    @robin good to hear about your fun day with your friend. The kinds of friends were uou can just pick back up like thst are truly a blessing.
    @tom my brother has just started trying his hand at smoking meat. He smoked a tri tip and when he offered me some i immediately thought of you. It was so yummy and tender.
    @skinny it sounds like you had a nice spring break. I keep forgetting to ask my brother when the kiddos start theirs. Good luck on the rest of your grading.
    @mowmow it was great to see your pretty face :)
    @kaye happy your hubby is feeling better. Hope your visit with your family is going well.
    @cblue you are doing so well. Dont be to hard on hubby he has just decided to commite to healthier eating. He will slip like all the rest of us. Good job though on sticking to your plan and getting rid of the other stuff when you hot home.
    @tracy your poor nephew. You would have thought sister would have said something. Oh well we all have our ditz moments.

Welcome to all the new faces i see. You have found a great people who are always here to cheer you on and listen when you just need to talk.

AFM: Saturday was a great productive day but then yesterday was a bust. I was stiff when i woke up and then tom came to visit bringing the kind of cramps that have got to prove god is a man. So far today seems to be more manageable. Hoping to clean out the interior of the truck and get the lawn mowed. Of course the day will start with walking the dogs when i get home but only two laps. I have had to scale back a little. I love my fitbit but it might be to good a motivator. I have been pushing so hard to exceed that 10000 number i am back to wearing the ankle brace all day becsuse of the pain level. As my mom reminded me if i re injure it i will be out of commision again and i just got back to pre injury weight. Well guess i should get started waking the kiddos and getting them moving. Have a great day everyone :):):)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy I am in Control Day
    Date When Celebrated : Always March 30th
    On March 30, 1981, President Ronald Reagan was wounded in an assassination attempt. Lots of confusion prevailed. In the White House, then Secretary of State Alexander Haig was taken a little out of context when he said "I am in control here". Instead of focusing upon the entire statement, people and the press focused upon these few words. Political uproar eventually led to his resignation.
    On that infamous day, I am in Control Day was born.
    History sometimes fades with time. Alexander Haig's statement was all but forgotten. Meanwhile, this special day continued on, and evolved. People came to think about this day in a different context. They personalized it into a day to get their life in control. In that sense, today is definitely a call to action. "I am in Control Day" is your chance to get things in order and under control.
    Most likely, the first step is to take a deep breath and relax. Now, assess the situation, and.......... get things under control. Once you have accomplished this today, you can work on staying in control everyday.
    Important Note: This day is closely related to Panic Day (March 9th) Perhaps you went through Panic Day before getting things under control, and you are now celebrating!?
    Also, don't forget the real roots of I Am in Control Day, as spoken by Secretary of State Alexander Haig in 1981.

To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring. ~George Santayana

Tom
  • becky3883
    Options
    I am new to this. My name is Becky and I have over 100 pounds to loose. I am 32 and I am scared I am going to die very young or have a very painful horrible life. I don't know if it is that I just keep making excuses or I am lazy or maybe its that I don't want to lose weight, but something is holding me back. I work as a nurse and that job is so hard to do when I weigh over 300 pounds. I have enjoyed reading post so far and I am hoping that some peer support will be just what I need. I feel like everyone that is close to me has no idea what it is like to be this heavy. I also feel like their advice is not creditable because they are not as heavy as I am. Where do I go from here????