The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Yup. A great thing about it is MD Anderson Cancer Center is..well...a CANCER center, so they place a lot of emphasis on obtaining and maintaining overall health.

We have multiple nurses on staff at our research facilities for our employees and they offer advice and recommendations along with our 'fitness guru' Joi. Joi is a certified trainer and runs fitness classes throughout the week on the Smithville Campus.

We have various fitness challenges with prizes that we can participate in(I just joined the 10,000 step challenge for April). The 'mothership' is in Houston but they do bring various blood tests for cholesterol and other things to our campuses(for free) and offer free mammograms every once in a while.

About twice a month we get a masseuse who comes in for chair and table sessions at the Smithville Campus. Since we do have many graduate and post graduate college students working and studying here we try everything we can to keep them healthy and reduce their stress levels and appointments are available for general staff.

• BodyByBex
    Options
    I need to remember to read that whenever I am feeling down because I just realized, I have got it MADE! :D
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Running on Dunkins tonight. I got home at 8 this morning and slept a couple hours before my race at 11. I PR'd with an average 9:30 min/mile pace :) Had a little too much fun with friends after and didn't go back to bed until 4 PM, oops
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Running on Dunkins tonight. I got home at 8 this morning and slept a couple hours before my race at 11. I PR'd with an average 9:30 min/mile pace :) Had a little too much fun with friends after and didn't go back to bed until 4 PM, oops

Great job! And c'mon, you deserve to have fun!

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    At work, giving myself a French manicure.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Adding 5 hour energy drinks to my Monster Zero ultra and trying to get records done by 8 AM so I can go home.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Adding 5 hour energy drinks to my Monster Zero ultra and trying to get records done by 8 AM so I can go home.

Woah....paperwork.... NOT a fan. Good luck though.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's like going to the restroom. The jobs not done until the paperwork is completed. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    It's like going to the restroom. The jobs not done until the paperwork is completed. :smile:

Nice! B)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Got to work tonight and realized I piled some papers on a couple records. Now I'm stuck starting my night with records. I guess it's OK. I got some sleep so my records might make more sense. :smile:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Alright, checking in for the night... already cursed... and a friggin' mess.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's not a good way to start the night. :-) Hope it gets better.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Checking in. So far, a quiet night. Just the way I LIKE it!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Same here. I'm running to the store for food. Anyone want anything?
  • Keebler1976
    Keebler1976 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good Morning night walkers...2:35am time for a coffee and a little MFP !!! only 3.5hrs to go !
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Good Morning night walkers...2:35am time for a coffee and a little MFP !!! only 3.5hrs to go !

Lucky duck! I have 5 hours left! But for me that's 5 hours of MFP and walking around. I'm so stoked for our work competition. I'm gonna knock this out of the PARK!
  • Keebler1976
    Keebler1976 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    yha I love our new schedual we got it changed from 11-11 to 6 - 6 so much better !!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I wish they would change our schedule to 4 10 hours shifts instead of 5 8 hour shifts.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I do 4 x 9 hr shifts...Mon to Thu nights....I know I have it good....lol
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Only 2 hours left here!! Had to do a survey in blood bank that took basically the entire night, I've never had a shift go by so quickly. We're taking a few seconds of downtime before the morning run really gets going