Things that aren't worth the calories........

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    For me it's non-diet soda. Soda is a take it or leave it for me, so if I'm having it, diet tastes really close to the non-diet version to me.

Doughnuts. I don't like them enough to spend calories on them.

Coffee with creamer or any other calorific coffee concoctions because I've always liked my coffee black and any other coffee drinks were just a (disappointing) change of routine.

Fried chicken (the one that is breaded and comes with skin). When we bought them I usually just peeled off the skin with the breading and gave it to the dog, and not too keen on the meat inside either, so I stopped having them all together.

Cupcakes. The ones I had usually have toppings that are too sweet to enjoy. An exception would be my mother's cupcakes. That woman knows exactly how much sugar is enough to make something amazing without making it overly sweet. She doesn't make them often anyway so this isn't an issue.

Deep pan pizza. The bread to toppings ratio is too high. Once I tried thin crust pizza I never looked back because I liked it much better.

Peanut butter. Yes I like it, but more often than not I like something else more so it ends up not making it into my menu because it's not worth the calories.

Alfredo sauce. I like marinara more.

Alcoholic beverages. Used to have them just because everyone else is having them although I don't particularly like them.

and so on and so forth..

Basically, things I used to eat just because they're around without any regard to my tastes.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    Anyone saying bagels cannot live in the northeast (especially NY and NJ), lol! Fresh bagel shop bagels are so worth it. I haven't had one in months but will set aside maintenance calories for one about once a week.

I've never had a fresh bagel.

For me, I had to watch my carbs in the beginning of this, so I stopped eating them. I just didn't miss them enough to reintroduce them.

Oh, you've missed out in the real experience. Way back in the dark ages I lived in New York for a while and worked right across from a bagel shop. I had a bagel and tomato soup for lunch every day. No regrets.

• Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    For me high calorie drinks aren't worth it, as they don't fill you up and have no nutritional benefit.
    Although I will make an exception on occasion for the milkshakes at the American diner near me as they are so lush and filling.

Other than that I will save the calories for the stuff I want
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    broccoli
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Chips for me. I used to down bags of chips while watching movies, playing games etc. Doritos are my vice. I don't think I will ever be able to eat them in moderation so I don't keep them in the house anymore cause I can't trust myself. Even the whole pour out some on a plate and eat them slowly thing doesn't work. I will go back and get the entire bag lol. Aside from that I try to avoid stuff like white bread and go with wheat or whole grain. Use mustard instead of Mayo. Any cuts I can make to maximize my allotted daily calories so I can come within the vicinity of my micros for the day but still try and enjoy most of the foods I love.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Donuts (at least 400 calories) and fast food (over 1,000 calories).
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Kale

I don't care how few calories it has...it's not worth it

LOL.....True. I tried jumping on this bandwagon.......ummmm no.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Egg Nog
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    JohnBarth wrote: »
    "Fat Coke" is a British thing, just meaning not-diet. Just good old fashioned Coca Cola is a "Fat Coke" in England.

I am British and lived here all my life and never heard coke called full fat coke!!!! I even worked in a macdonalds in my teen years (p/t while at college) and in a town pub for many years so I have sold plenty of glasses/cups of coke over the years
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Marcia661 wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Kale

I don't care how few calories it has...it's not worth it

LOL.....True. I tried jumping on this bandwagon.......ummmm no.

More kale for me! More than anything else, I think kale truly is a super food. Maybe the superest of all.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    jonnyman41 wrote: »
    "Fat Coke" is a British thing, just meaning not-diet. Just good old fashioned Coca Cola is a "Fat Coke" in England.

I am British and lived here all my life and never heard coke called full fat coke!!!! I even worked in a macdonalds in my teen years (p/t while at college) and in a town pub for many years so I have sold plenty of glasses/cups of coke over the years

I live a very rural area in the US and I've heard "full fat coke". But my favorite is the old men than call it "high test" which is also what they call premium grade gasoline. :D
  • ShannonMJ2012
    ShannonMJ2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Even though I love them...any sort of latte. 500-700 calories of caffeinated bliss just isn't worth it. Neither is most candy and sodas.
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    mummma wrote: »
    mummma wrote: »
    full fat coke
    Coke doesn't have any fat in it.

Bravo detective!

How many more people need to point this one out? What's the over under on how many more coke-correcting posts we'll get?
    Yeah because I'm the only one that doesn't read the entire thread word for word I'm going to say at least two people per page.

well i edited it to 'non diet soda' is that any better?! i mean we dont even call it soda here so how am i supposed to know
    Is it called pop? That's what the weirdo northerners call it here.

Canadian here, definitely call it pop! Didn't realize this was different till we went to Florida and the guy mocked us for calling it pop.

OH sorry, SEEEWWWDAAAH.

Lmao :)

• joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    jonnyman41 wrote: »

I've always called non-diet 'full fat'. And if I couldn't have a full fat coke from time to time some of my hangovers would be a lot worse!

Things not worth the calories? Ice cream, breakfast cereal, cheap sausages, reduced salt and sugar baked beans, most microwave meals, I could go on for pages.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Desserts masquerading as coffee drinks
    Donuts unless they are fresh
    Plain white rice
    Cold breakfast cereals that leave me hungry 20 minutes later
    Almost anything from a cafeteria (usually unnecessarily breaded and fried and loaded with salt)
    Almost all fast food and food from chain restaurants (same reason)
    Cheap chocolate
    Grocery store cakes and cookies: so many calories yet so flavorless
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ugh. This monstrosity I just downed. LOL. I totally just blew half of my carbs goal and more than my sugar goal ... before 10am.

Dunkin Donuts - Lg. Decaf Rocky Road w/ Extra Creamer, 24 oz.
    cal310 carbs73 fat1 protein2 sodium190 sugar48

Dude.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Even though I love them...any sort of latte. 500-700 calories of caffeinated bliss just isn't worth it. Neither is most candy and sodas.

Where are these 700 calorie lattes? I've NEVER had a latte come in at over 200 cals. I'm starting to think you people have secret recipes that include bone marrow or something...
  • littleaudrey85
    littleaudrey85 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Donuts.

Fast food (although I favor some "healthier" options).

Cereal (my kryptonite - I can never get enough of it!).

Drinks with calories, aside from my homemade iced coffee (150 calories). I can't fathom the idea of drinking chocolate milk although it is my favorite.

Shakes and most ice creams aren't worth it (I like getting a soft serve vanilla ice cream cone on occasion).

Girl Scout Cookies.

Alcohol

Macaroni and Cheese (I'll eat a whole box and still want more)

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    Anyone saying bagels cannot live in the northeast (especially NY and NJ), lol! Fresh bagel shop bagels are so worth it. I haven't had one in months but will set aside maintenance calories for one about once a week.

I've never had a fresh bagel.

For me, I had to watch my carbs in the beginning of this, so I stopped eating them. I just didn't miss them enough to reintroduce them.

Oh, you've missed out in the real experience. Way back in the dark ages I lived in New York for a while and worked right across from a bagel shop. I had a bagel and tomato soup for lunch every day. No regrets.

Having a real NY bagel is on my bucket list :)
  • NEWMEKELLIB
    NEWMEKELLIB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    zebracakes. I F'N love them. but choose not to waste my calories on them. :|