Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    This is GREAT! I really needed to stumble upon this thread today. I think putting in writing my goal for the day and keeping it JUST FOR TODAY, maybe I can get on track. Thank you for starting this. I hope you don't mind if I join you each morning.

Just for today, I will:
    1. Track every bite that goes in my mouth
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Go to the gym after work (this one gets me every time!)
    4. 15 minutes of meditation

Well, this didn't work out so well for me yesterday. I tracked my food, drank my water, listened to inspirational podcast while I took my dog for a walk after work (instead of gym), so I thought I was doing great meeting my goals. Until my dog (80 lb black lab) spooked, threw his body into the back of my legs and caused me to go down HARD to the pavement face first! Was almost home...3 more blocks. Had to call my husband to come and get us because I couldn't see through the blood. Ended up in Urgent Care with stitches to my face and a slight concussion. Home from work today feeling like a train hit me. Eye is turning black. So......that's what I get for trying to be healthy! ha! End up at Urgent Care.

So here I go again.

Just for today (Tuesday, 3/31), I will:
    1. Track my food.
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Meditate 15 minutes
    4. Ice and heal.

Oh my - I hope you feel better! That happened to me about 10 years ago - except I needed 13 stitches in my chin! I was walking and saw a fox running, watched him instead of looking down and tripped. I slit my chin completely open! So I have learned to look down LOL! Oh course, having a 80 lb dog go after you, not much you can do! I hope you feel better soon!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    1. no sugar
    2. drink water
    3. log my food, something which I have not been doing lately :/
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 3/30:
    1. log everything :)
    2. do 30 mins cardio :neutral: I didn't set aside cardio time, but I'd say 16K steps in a day can equate to some serious cardio. Or maybe not.
    3. 5 mins meditation :( forgot, again

Just for Today 3/31
    1. log everything
    2. gym - strength training
    3. 5 mins meditation

For those that are struggling: my best advice, keep plugging along. Even as you feel you're not doing well, because it all starts to come together. And not plugging along, well that guarantees you're not doing well.

@OConnell5483 - take care of yourself. I have fallen many times when jogging. Thankfully no serious injuries.
  • epapaya
    epapaya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    I'm going to drink plenty of water and go to the gym after work.
    Baby steps here :)
  • louminouche
    louminouche Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Today will try not to blow it this evening - will have string cheese and yoghurt for my remaining calories.

Promise to myself - do not buy string cheese anymore - highly addictive and over processed (but so yummy).
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Did terrible Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Got back on track yesterday and did walk 2.7 miles. I did stay in my calorie range, but ate some of my exercise calories.

so just for today:
    1) Get in more exercise, did 1 hour this am, plan to walk at lunch.
    2) Stay at or under 1200 calories
    3) Keep a positive mindset
    4) Do something relaxing this evening.

Everyone, I hops you are doing ok.

O'Connell, hope you are doing ok, I did that one time with my Great Pyrenes, step on his leash when he was moving forward as I was jogging. Fell and broke my wrist, Bit a 2 inch hole in the center of my tongue. If a man had not seen me fall and drove me home, I don't know what I would have done. My neighbor took me to the ER. I was a wreck for awhile and I still don't take my dogs with me when I jog! Get better soon.

A kindred soul! I don't know if my pride or face hurt more!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Not happy you've been hurt but glad to know I'm not alone!
  • Lyndonbearsmommy
    Lyndonbearsmommy Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    I will not stress eat
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    just for today Tuesday

1. work on making myself happy and not looking for others to bring my happiness

@OConnell - I hope your injuries get better soon, you poor thing :( That is horrible. My thoughts are with you.

@kwfitgal - thanks for the encouraging words. I am hanging in there. I just have some things going on around me that are bringing me down. I have to learn I cannot fix others, I need to listen but not get so bummed when I cannot solve other peoples problems

@aerochic42 - Belly Dancing made me smile. How cool is that? That just sounds fun. I have a hula hoop I bought a couple years ago at a motivational speaking event. I should get that out and give it another try. I think that is the key is to find movement that is fun and does not feel like work :smile:
  • Joc4936
    Joc4936 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I haven't joined any of the MFP posts yet. I've been tracking and loosing since January although I really joined 2 years ago. Finally my husband and I are committed to no sugar and no starch. It's working I've lost 8 pounds, which is slow but positive step in the right direction. I need to commit to a few things one day at at time. So here it goes:

Today I will track everything I eat, and be grateful for the life I have.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    For those commenting on my bellydance plan for tonight, I used to dance with a troupe but have moved and haven't found either a new troupe or new classes. I miss it.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps :smiley: 15,000+
    2. Do funk fitness master class :blush: so great!
    3. Under 100 carbs :) 103G

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. swim
    3. Under 100 G carbs
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Tuesday's goals:
    - Check in to hunger level before deciding when/what and how much to eat
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Tuesday's goals:
    - Check in to hunger level before deciding when/what and how much to eat
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Ok my quote function no longer seems t to work.

Hit 2.5 out of 3 goals today. Just need to tune in more to my stomach and more regularly.

Ate loads more veggies, avoided sugar and contacted my coach so positive moves. ☺
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Wednesday's goals:
    - no sugar
    - tune into stomach to really assess true hunger levels. Do several times a day
    - stay under net calorie limit despite dinner out (gonna have to bust a gut at bootcamp!)
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Just for today ( Tuesday March 31)
    1. Exercise 1 hour :smile:
    2. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:
    3. Take breakfast, lunch and snack to work :smile:

Just for today (Wednesday April 1)
    1. Go climb a 14er.
    2. Skydiving
    3. Buy a diamond ring.
    4. Drive my husband 's race car.
    5. Stick to 4000 calories. (I may need a little extra to get me through the day.)
    6. Eat 2, no 3 handfuls of black jellybeans
  • bri170lb
    edited April 2015
    Options
    rhonderoo wrote: »
    First post!

I'm at the finish line and seem to be slumping.

Just for today I will:

1) Drink only one cup of coffee
    2) Stay within my calorie goal
    3) Go to my yoga class and quit schlepping off...

But...hooray for having a really good 1st part of your day!

P'S. Just say no to schlepping & slumping!
  • bri170lb
    Options

O'Connell. Welcome.

We humbly award you this golden medal to recognize your Can Do Spirit!.

Reading your post made ME hurt. You went to work AND you are planning to TRY TRY AGAIN TOMORROW! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been so brave!

Hope you heal quickly :smile:
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Just for today ( Tuesday March 31)
    1. Exercise 1 hour :smile:
    2. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:
    3. Take breakfast, lunch and snack to work :smile:

Just for today (Wednesday April 1)
    1. Go climb a 14er.
    2. Skydiving
    3. Buy a diamond ring.
    4. Drive my husband 's race car.
    5. Stick to 4000 calories. (I may need a little extra to get me through the day.)
    6. Eat 2, no 3 handfuls of black jellybeans

Happy April 1st! ;-)