30 day shred

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Get it done! You can do it! I'm currently having a mental battle with Jillian. I can't seem to work up much enthusiasm for it. I love it when It's done, I even enjoy doing it, but getting started is killer.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Get it done! You can do it! I'm currently having a mental battle with Jillian. I can't seem to work up much enthusiasm for it. I love it when It's done, I even enjoy doing it, but getting started is killer.
    I just have to commit to putting on my workout clothes when that happens, and then I can usually follow through on the rest. Is there anything else you have that might be more fun that Jillian right now to take a little break?

I did Ri30 workouts from week 1 AND 2 today. It was so tiring, but I was so happy that I burned 280 cals instead of 190 with week 2 today. Probably because I did week 1 right before it.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I just have to commit to putting on my workout clothes when that happens, and then I can usually follow through on the rest. Is there anything else you have that might be more fun that Jillian right now to take a little break?

I did Ri30 workouts from week 1 AND 2 today. It was so tiring, but I was so happy that I burned 280 cals instead of 190 with week 2 today. Probably because I did week 1 right before it.

I am working mentally on starting Jillian again next week ,after the Mothers Day classic 8km walk, which I am now feeling quite confident about. My weight is a hovering between 98 and 100kgs. trying so hard to keep it under 100. I like the way jillian 30 day shred made me feel strong. So am hoping to get it back into my routine. You two inspire me.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I am working mentally on starting Jillian again next week ,after the Mothers Day classic 8km walk, which I am now feeling quite confident about. My weight is a hovering between 98 and 100kgs. trying so hard to keep it under 100. I like the way jillian 30 day shred made me feel strong. So am hoping to get it back into my routine. You two inspire me.
    Excellent!! I'm so excited to have you back with us!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I did it! I did my 6W/6P today. I don't know why it is such a fight for me to get in and do it. It feels a lot longer than the Shred, though it is really only 7 minutes longer.

I hope that you're both doing well. Keep up the GREAT work!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I did it! I did my 6W/6P today. I don't know why it is such a fight for me to get in and do it. It feels a lot longer than the Shred, though it is really only 7 minutes longer.
    YAY! :drinker: That's awesome to hear! I'm a little sniffly, so I went for a walk instead of Ripping today. I FEEL really ripped right now. Every muscle is aching from yesterday's workout.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I think that I need to start shredding again. I had momentum when I was shredding. I just don't seem to have it doing my 6w/6p. I don't know why because I really do feel great when I'm doing it (except burpees, of course).

Have a good weekend, Friends!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I am really keen to start Shredding again. Seeing my reflection in the dance studio mirrors last night during ballet class. Really did not like what I saw. I know I have lost weight but I think I was holding a better shape when shredding. Which is funny cause I'm still quite large and flabby. Anyway aiming to start monday morning. Have a 8km (5 mile) walk tomorrow.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I think that I need to start shredding again. I had momentum when I was shredding. I just don't seem to have it doing my 6w/6p. I don't know why because I really do feel great when I'm doing it (except burpees, of course).
    Definitely know the feeling! The Shred's every day demanding is really key to keeping me on track with my workouts! I was really slacking at the end of April...
    I am really keen to start Shredding again. Seeing my reflection in the dance studio mirrors last night during ballet class. Really did not like what I saw. I know I have lost weight but I think I was holding a better shape when shredding. Which is funny cause I'm still quite large and flabby. Anyway aiming to start monday morning. Have a 8km (5 mile) walk tomorrow.
    I'm sure it's just in your head, but the good thing is, you can always pick the Shred back up again! When I walk, I get about 3 miles in an hour, but I'd really like to get to 5! My friends lost over 50 lbs by walking 5 miles a day. Now that my ankle is sore again from running, I might spend the extra 40 minutes and work it up to 5 miles, or else walk a little (lot) faster. :laugh:

PS - If you both want to start over again, I'm totally down, since I'm only doing Ripped every other day at most.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I'm game to start again on Monday. maybe we should start another thread, since this one is nearly full?
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Ok. How do we do that?
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I'll do it! :bigsmile:
  • darcandoit
    darcandoit Posts: 9
    Options
    I've just started this today...how do you calculate the calorie burn?
    Thanks
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I've just started this today...how do you calculate the calorie burn?
    Thanks

Most people count it as circuit training, unless they have a heart rate monitor. If you're interested in joining a support group, here is the link to our new thread
    Here's the new link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/235398-30-day-shred-start-may-9th
  • darcandoit
    darcandoit Posts: 9
    Options
    thanks for the help.
    i'll keep the link for a reference tool! i find it hard to follow at times as there are so many ppl posting...still have not taken the time to get use to the site other than food tracking..
  • malx21989
    malx21989 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've seen quite a few topics about starting the 30 day shred, but I can never keep up with them! So I'm starting one of my own. I'm going to start it tonight. I've done it a few times and never actually finished it, but I have heard so many good things about it...so here I go again! I'm planning to weigh in every Saturday(measurements too!) just to see my progress... so yeah, feel free to join in! Just post you current weight/measurements, and I'll keep track of all of it!
    My name is Pamela, btw.
    Current Weight: 165
    Will do measurements tonight.
    I just started to day as well, in fact I just got done exercising to it about 5 min ago! lol
    Let's see Current weight 203lbs
    waist: 44in
    I'm not too concerned with all the measurements, just weight and waist really. Once I see that start shrinking I'll be good! lol
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I've seen quite a few topics about starting the 30 day shred, but I can never keep up with them! So I'm starting one of my own. I'm going to start it tonight. I've done it a few times and never actually finished it, but I have heard so many good things about it...so here I go again! I'm planning to weigh in every Saturday(measurements too!) just to see my progress... so yeah, feel free to join in! Just post you current weight/measurements, and I'll keep track of all of it!
    My name is Pamela, btw.
    Current Weight: 165
    Will do measurements tonight.
    I just started to day as well, in fact I just got done exercising to it about 5 min ago! lol
    Let's see Current weight 203lbs
    waist: 44in
    I'm not too concerned with all the measurements, just weight and waist really. Once I see that start shrinking I'll be good! lol

Welcome. We have a new thread now. So please join us on it.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/235398-30-day-shred-start-may-9th
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Welcome. We have a new thread now. So please join us on it.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/235398-30-day-shred-start-may-9th
    Thanks Jen and Kate, for re-directing people. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: