What are your thoughts on braggs Apple cider vinegar?

Options

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I have been taking apple cider vinegar tablets for over five years now. It started as a homeopathic cure for my chronic sinus infections. I have not had a sinus infection or a cold since I started taking it. My doctor wholeheartedly supports this practice. She says apple cider vinegar is good for overall health and wellness. As far as weight loss is concerned, I don't see any benefit from it in that regard.

Are you taking tablets that actually contain apple cider vinegar or homeopathic pills based on the pseudoscience of homeopathic dilution that don't actually contain apple cider vinegar?

This thread may have moved to the next level of woo.

I take tablets that contain 600 mg of apple cider vinegar. You can call it whatever you want, You can debate all day. Doesn't matter to me at all. What I KNOW to be true is that apple cider vinegar cured my sinus infection when I could not go to the doctor. Since that time, I've gone from 3-5 sinus infections per year, not to mention several colds, to ZERO. That's all I need to know.

I was just curious to know if they were actually homeopathic. You introduced that word into the conversation, not me.

Setting aside the question of how you can KNOW what cured your sinus infection, how do you think that it prevents sinus infection and colds? Are you also in the camp that you can change the pH balance in your body and make it impossible for a virus to survive? I realize you may not be in a position to act on this information, but if your doctor believes that it does, s/he should act on it. Viruses have killed millions and millions of people. We are now ready to defeat one of humanity's biggest scourges. Think of the human benefit just from eliminating all new HIV infections. Your doctor needs to get the word out.

We could have totally avoided the whole Ebola debacle in the US.

Selfish doctor.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    It's great and there are all kinds of health benefits. I drink a vinegar cocktail made of 1tbsp vinegar in a tall glass of cold water AM and PM (or I skip the PM cocktail if I'm having a salad for dinner as I'll use 2-3tbsp of vinegar on the salad instead). I started doing this ten years ago and haven't had a single cold since. It's also a great palate cleanser and I quickly got used to the taste.

LOL no

EVEN IF there was a shred of truth to this...how in the world do you think you're making your body more alkaline by drinking a strong acid??

Here's an alkaline 101 primer for you: "Note that a food's acid or alkaline forming tendency in the body has nothing to do with the actual pH of the food itself. For example, lemons are very acidic, however the end products they produce after digestion and assimilation are very alkaline so, lemons are alkaline forming in the body. Likewise, meat will test alkaline before digestion, but it leaves very acidic residue in the body so, like nearly all animal products, meat is very acid forming."

Now why don't you limit yourself to comments on subjects you actually know something about?

Source?

Looks like a website called Essence-of-Life.com

You can also find it touted on "Red Spirit Healing Energy," a group that offers energy healing and medium services. They will also, for a fee, eliminate ghosts from your house.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

I take tablets that contain 600 mg of apple cider vinegar. You can call it whatever you want, You can debate all day. Doesn't matter to me at all. What I KNOW to be true is that apple cider vinegar cured my sinus infection when I could not go to the doctor. Since that time, I've gone from 3-5 sinus infections per year, not to mention several colds, to ZERO. That's all I need to know.

Me too. I don't know how or why it works, but I've gone from having numerous colds, and strep throat at least once a year, to none of the above in the past ten years. And so I intend to keep on drinking it if only for that reason.

Are you going to give us the source of your "knowledge" or not? You know...so I can learn about things and talk about them (*snicker*)
    It's great and there are all kinds of health benefits. I drink a vinegar cocktail made of 1tbsp vinegar in a tall glass of cold water AM and PM (or I skip the PM cocktail if I'm having a salad for dinner as I'll use 2-3tbsp of vinegar on the salad instead). I started doing this ten years ago and haven't had a single cold since. It's also a great palate cleanser and I quickly got used to the taste.

LOL no

EVEN IF there was a shred of truth to this...how in the world do you think you're making your body more alkaline by drinking a strong acid??

Here's an alkaline 101 primer for you: "Note that a food's acid or alkaline forming tendency in the body has nothing to do with the actual pH of the food itself. For example, lemons are very acidic, however the end products they produce after digestion and assimilation are very alkaline so, lemons are alkaline forming in the body. Likewise, meat will test alkaline before digestion, but it leaves very acidic residue in the body so, like nearly all animal products, meat is very acid forming."

Now why don't you limit yourself to comments on subjects you actually know something about?

Source?

Hmm...seems legit.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

LOL no

Source?

You can also find it touted on "Red Spirit Healing Energy," a group that offers energy healing and medium services. They will also, for a fee, eliminate ghosts from your house.

Wait....the vinegar doesn't get rid of the ghosts?

What a ripoff.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

LOL no

Source?

OMG. They sell baking soda for $31.25. Excuse me, it's in LIQUID FORM and CONCENTRATED.

I felt myself get dumber and dumber the longer I looked at the site.

• Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a bottle at home and have used it to help settle my stomach when nothing else will help. Seems odd that it would help with that, but it does for me. I also like to use it in a very simple vinaigrette of a Bragg cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.

I've also read reviews (see Amazon.com and other places) by people who drink a tbsp or two of apple cider vinegar a day and swear by its variety of health benefits. If it's the placebo effect we're experiencing, hey, whatever works.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have been taking apple cider vinegar tablets for over five years now. It started as a homeopathic cure for my chronic sinus infections. I have not had a sinus infection or a cold since I started taking it. My doctor wholeheartedly supports this practice. She says apple cider vinegar is good for overall health and wellness. As far as weight loss is concerned, I don't see any benefit from it in that regard.

Are you taking tablets that actually contain apple cider vinegar or homeopathic pills based on the pseudoscience of homeopathic dilution that don't actually contain apple cider vinegar?

This thread may have moved to the next level of woo.

We have crossed the Woobecon.

2838216.jpg
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Crossing the Woobecon needs to be a thing now.

NEEDS.
    Kurt_nod.gif

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

LOL no

Source?

Wait....the vinegar doesn't get rid of the ghosts?

What a ripoff.

They've located the one thing that vinegar can't do, I guess.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Do people actually think that if they read things on the internet, they must be true? smh
  • juggernaut1974
    edited April 2015
    Options

LOL no

Source?

OMG. They sell baking soda for $31.25. Excuse me, it's in LIQUID FORM and CONCENTRATED.

I felt myself get dumber and dumber the longer I looked at the site.

Which might explain some of the posts in the thread
    Do people actually think that if they read things on the internet, they must be true? smh

I read once on facebook that everything on the internet is true.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options

what is this "smh" you speak of? it's driving me crazy trying to figure it out.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    There is some evidence for the health benefits of apple cider vinegar. But it's very acidic, so drinking it straight can damage the enamel on your teeth. http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar-and-health
  • juggernaut1974
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

*smacking/shaking my head*
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

*smacking my head*

OH! See, it's so simple when you know!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

If that's the case, I am royalty lol.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Are you going to give us the source of your "knowledge" or not? You know...so I can learn about things and talk about them (*snicker*)

Google "acid alkaline food list" or something similar, and you'll get at least a hundred different sources quoting the exact same information I supplied.

I'm going to bow out of this discussion now, because I've said what I wanted to say. Try it or don't; it's no skin off my nose! (:-)

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    There is some evidence for the health benefits of apple cider vinegar. But it's very acidic, so drinking it straight can damage the enamel on your teeth. http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar-and-health

WebMD, bad source, citing dubious studies. Try again.

Apple cider vinegar, if you like vinegar, is good for salads, and I guess drinks called shrubs in the olden days.

I hate vinegar like I hate woo.

I like vinegar for cleaning and laundry. I just use regular white distilled vinegar, though.

• juggernaut1974
    Options

Google "acid alkaline food list" or something similar, and you'll get at least a hundred different sources quoting the exact same information I supplied.

I'm going to bow out of this discussion now, because I've said what I wanted to say. Try it or don't, it's no skin off my nose! (:-)

So....is that a "no source"?
  • Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Actually, depending on the internet source, things on the internet are highly likely to be true. With unproven/non-scientific internet sources, people can use their own judgment.
  • Susanna5781
    Susanna5781 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ive been drinking braggs vinegar consistantly for about a month now. I dilute 2 table spoons in 34oz of ginger lemon green tea, I think it tastes great. It may just be my imagination but I feel that I have more energy, or it could be the combination of the massive amounts of water I'm drinking as well.

I use it as a toner and my skin is amazing now! I use it in conjunction with coconut oil.

Also, my friend had a nasty wart on her foot, the vinegar took care of it over the course of applying a soaked cotton ball on it daily for about a week or so.

Braggs is about 4 dollars, I figure its cheap, its natural, so it couldnt hurt.