20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Connie, Yes we can. I have cleared my head and am on track today.
    I have tried to let go of some things that I just can't fix and that helped
    me to get refocused today.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I am going to follow the 1-1-1- plan.on the 4th of july challenge
    1 servings of protein, 1 servings good fat and 1 servings of carbs
    All the vegie I want lots of water
    two 1-1-1- snacks a day a few rules of mine. if I have salad I will count the dressing if I have pancakes I will count the syrup/ butter. Connie, Nancy Stephanie anything else would you change, I want to count everything I put in my mouth if I don't want to eat I will not eat.
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    I'm staying with 1:1:1. The only change is more protein and a little less fat as suggested by the doctor.

I'm tired and frustrated today but will forge ahead and not let that influence my eating...this, too, shall pass. :#
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Its been a while since I last posted but I have been reading everyday!

I reached my 55 days log in today!

I will be away this evening for Easter until 8th April so will make my final postings now if that okay...

I lost a total of 11lbs for this challenge - I was up to 13lbs at one point but added a pound or so this week (not sure why) Nevertheless I am happy and proud of what I have achieved. If I can the same (or better) in the next challenge I will be a very very happy girl!

I have also lost 4 inches from my stomach and an inch from my waist ;-)

I will be starting the next challenge in a good place knowing I am making good choices and will continue with my exercise which I hope will boost my weight loss!

Before heading off on hols this evening I would just like to thank each and everyone of you on this thread - you have been the best support anybody could ever ask for!
    Connie/Marie/Tami/Ray/Cristina/ to name a tiny few you have been great and have each taken the time help with with my journey!!

See you in the next challenge!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Faye x

No Problem...that's what it is about, helping each other!!
  • eileenjez
    eileenjez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to but since I've read these posts this morning you ladies and your loses are giving me the nudge I need to go downstairs and get on the treadmill. I really just feel like sitting here and falling asleep. I'm off to the treadmill knowing I'll feel much better when I'm through.

Eileen
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2015
    Options
    never never give up Eileen There is hope for everyone, even me.

<3 Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I will stay with 1:1:1 it is definitely best for me. I will work on getting fewer carbs but will not cut drastically
    because I know I don't feel well if I go too low.
    Nancy
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    agreed with all my 1:1:1 people!! like i said earlier it is about balance and not deprivation. i'm ok if it takes a bit longer to get there :) we must feel good!!
    its snowing here!!

stephanie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy110.gif I started on MFP in 2009 and lost about 70 pounds before the end of the year. My doctor told me I'd lost too much weight so I slowly and carefully put 10 pounds on. I have maintained this weight ever since. My maintenance plan is just about the same as my weight loss plan. I continue to learn more about what foods I can eat in moderation and what foods I have to avoid completely. I weigh and measure my food and log it on MFP almost every day (I didn't log while we were on our most recent out of town trip). Even when I don't log my food, I avoid foods that are trouble for me.

:D I started participating in the thread to support my long time friend, Marie. I had no idea how many wonderful new people I'd meet and learn from.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Barbie so glad you did join us. it went way past my imaginations most of these girls will be my forever friends. at least I hope so. . one of my friends I first met here when I first join just had her First baby name lilly. . She shares her with me thru facebook.So cute.seems like a new grandbaby to me.We met thru a thread I stared called jack Russell fans she has 2 little jack Russell and they adore lilie Lots of menories here.
    Marie
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Way to go Faye.
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    Congratulations to Becky and Faye on losing 11 pounds. You are awesome!!

Connie - I am with you, I can't have any of those eats in the house either. No cookies, cakes, crackers,
    chips and the list goes on. Ice cream is my downfall and has been since I was a kid. A very hard habit to break. The only way those enter the house again is when I have company.

I am going out to dinner tonight, another retirement dinner for my husband but just our good friends and us not a big group. Of course tomorrow is weigh in day so I am not expecting a loss after dinner tonight. I will not have bread or dessert so that might help. I will be glad when all these dinners are done. My hubby and I just talked this morning and decided no more eating after dinner. No snacks.
    I know when we stick to it we do lose weight. So starting the new challenge on Monday I will be here with bells on!

Happy Easter everyone! I will let you know if my daughter has the baby, our first grandchild, since her due date is Monday.

Enjoy the day.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

Shirley, I am SOOOOOO excited for you and your husband becoming new grandparents to your daughter's first child soon!!!!! Our daughter, Jessica, had Joseph Harrison Aug 2012 and Emily Claire Aug 2014. They are the LIGHT OF OUR LIVES!!!!!! I had no idea how God could expand our love to a new degree beyond that of our love for our daughter and two sons. BUT, the love we have for the children of our children is exponentially greater than anything we've ever felt. It is love multiplied by tons! <3

Congratulations and I am praying for a safe delivery for mom and baby!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    me too Shirley Praying for a safe delivered . there is much love ahead.
    including our love for you.
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Earlier the posts were talking about abstinence vs moderation. I am a moderator most of the time. Once in a while I abstain. And once in a while I say **** it all and indulge til I feel like crap. It just a depends on what has been happening and how stressed I have been. But so far so good. This last month has been good to me. I told my daughter as soon as I have a surgery date set I will celebrate and indulge.

And to slw19. I'm sorry you are getting snow. It is raining here. I like rain. I don't have to shovel it.

And barbiecat..... Where in nw Washington are you? I have friends and relates scattered all over western Washington

Esther
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    eileenjez wrote: »
    I wasn't going to but since I've read these posts this morning you ladies and your loses are giving me the nudge I need to go downstairs and get on the treadmill. I really just feel like sitting here and falling asleep. I'm off to the treadmill knowing I'll feel much better when I'm through.

Eileen
    Eileen, there's nothing quite like the feeling of accomplishment after doing a workout you felt too tired to do. I'm very proud of you for going through with it. It's acts like that that will lead you to success!
  • eileenjez
    eileenjez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ray, I have to say the encouragement that we get from this group of wonderful ladies is fantastic. I also am very blessed to have a wonderful husband that backs me 100%. I did make the mistake of getting him a Fitbit. It's kind of become a game to see how many steps we can get. He wins all the time with his 45k plus but it's not discouraging. I usually get about half of his but then I don't spend 3 hours on a treadmill. :)

Eileen
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers!! Happy Good Friday!

This is our last weekend of the Easter challenge so let's finish strong! I am grateful to have been a part of this wonderful group of losers and am excited to be continuing with you guys.

Gym day for me..training and pool.
    Lots is sunshine today B) as we celebrate the real reason for Easter! :)

Make it a great day!
    <3 Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2015
    Options
    We have a Birthday tomorrow. Happy birthday Dear Shirley I am postin this a day early for a few do not post on Saturday.Shirley61
    April 4--Ontario. Canada

2496532mz83mfkgou.gif

Don't celebrate too much!

<3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Do you 'all want to continue the birthday list. If so I will take the names of the ones that tally up there Easter Challenge. And I will try My best to keep it up, and have to name change to The challener'sBirthdays
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    :D Esther, I live on the Olympic Peninsula...I am a small town person...we are about two hours from Seattle so we're close enough to go to see my husband's cardiologist or a Seattle Mariners baseball game with no trouble, but out in the boonies the rest of the time.

<3 Marie, keeping track of birthdays is a big job especially because so many people join a challenge and then disappear and it's a lot of work for you.

:D I slept late this morning so the dogs are going to get a slightly shorter walk before I have to get ready to teach my line dance class.

:D Plan your food for the day and stick to the plan.....seek every opportunity to be active and never, never, never give up

<3 Barbie