Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I wear real leggings to the gym on days I am too lazy to do laundry.
  • devynnbrant
    devynnbrant Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Prior to my start of healthy choices, I ordered a box of GS cookies and candies from Wolfgang's. I am now a month and a half into my diet and exercise...and I ate the entire box of Tagalongs in one 30 minute binge session. I told myself, I might as well eat the whole thing now so I won't mess up on any other day of the week.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession: I am seriously socially awkward. When people go in for a hug I freeze because I don't know how to react, also I really don't want to hug people. This behavior carries over onto the internet. I have noticed the people who commented upon my previous comments with sympathy, but I don't know how to express my thanks for that in a direct response (I'm afraid this is the best you're going to get). I just hope that you know I do appreciate it. Also, I may be drunk and that is why I can post this in the first place. :*

I suck at being sympathetic too. I want to be able to express it, but I haven't figured that out yet. The funny thing is I am actually very emotional. (I don't mean mood swings, I mean I feel things very deeply ).

I am not a hugger. Don't need them, don't give them. (the exception would be if I were in a serious relationship with someone). They don't make me feel better when I'm upset, if anything it makes me more uncomfortable. My friends' families are all big huggers and honestly it kind of weirds me out when they all hug to say goodbye. I don't think it's bad it's just very very different from my family.

I'm like a cat. I will accept affection on my terms only :smiley:

I'm not a hugger either! I don't actually like being touched that much. The exceptions are my husband, my son, and my mom. My mom is Filipino, her family is huge into hugging and kissing. I endure it politely. My brother and sister and I almost never hug. The first time I met my now husband, I introduced myself with a handshake and he looked at me like I had two heads (we met at a casual hangout). A few months later, we started getting to know each other, and he gave me a side hug. I actually enjoyed it, so I decided to keep him around :smiley:
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm getting back into running after an injury and have been doing jog/walk intervals - the jog part never stops until a car passes me, though. Can't be seen to be whimping out and walking, nosirree :D

Hey, now, walking is NOT a wimpy workout! I'm a speed / incline walker. I can't jog or run due to an ankle and neck issue. Just giving you a bad time! Whatever keeps you out there and active, go for it!
    ythannah wrote: »
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)

Hahaha! Thanks for noticing! I only posted a new picture because I was really white and pale in my other picture. Been outside recently and have a bit of color, so I thought I'd update it.

I've been toying with the idea of posting my own shoulder pic just for laughs (which will be totally meaningless to anyone outside of this thread) but it would definitely out-pale your old one as we're on our fifth month of winter here... snowing outside as I type.

I get confused when people change their avatar lol. Someone had your llama pic in a Facebook group I'm in, and I was like "you can't use that picture! That's @ythannah! ".

In other news, we're supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow too.

Lol! That's what I get for putting up a pic poached from the net.

And if I'm not mistaken, somebody recently changed her avatar from a masked purple-haired girl to a very pretty brunette...

Thanks... The picture is actually a year and a half old, but I haven't changed much lol

It is a great picture of you!

And snow? Where do you live? I live in South Carolina and it is 76 here today.

Northern -ish Alberta. It's supposed to be +16 today (about 60F), then we might get a couple centimetres of snow tomorrow. The weather changes quickly here lol

Where in AB... I am in Edmonton

Morinville. I usually just say northern Alberta or Edmonton area because most people won't know where my town is anyway :)

Cool... one of my hubby's brothers live there and I did one of my student teaching practicums out there 5years ago. small world

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I think it was this thread where Firehouse Subs came up a while back... I went there for the first time tonight. I should have ordered one of the salads or under 500s to stay within goal, but I couldn't go to a restaurant for the first time and eat a salad. And I definitely didn't need the bag of chips I got, but... It's a slippery slope.
  • Debradotbzy
    Debradotbzy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Confession: I miss @tincanonastring and the humor he brings to the boards via peeps. I know I'm not alone in this!

I agree. Also, I'm quoting this because he's tagged in it and it will spam the crap out of him. Suitable penance for abandoning everyone the week before National Peep Day.

I'm sad because I'm the instigator of the Peeptastic Diorama contest at my office and I'm not sure I'll know how to post my punny panorama.

Prizes are Peep-les Choice, Punniest, and Peep Haiku (the minimalist prize for those who don't have a lot of time on their hands)

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    So I have a visceral thing about certain words.
    Like when people refer to fat as "being fluffy". It makes me think they have loose quinoa-textured rot under their skin, like it would just give way under your fingernails. I don't even know how to describe it.
    It's pretty disgusting. Similar feelings about the word "slough". It's making my skin itch just typing it. Ugh.
    I think there's something in my head that always makes the worst connections possible. Like if the dog has a tick, my sister won't understand why I freak out but it's because I see them inside of ears or nostrils or throats. When potatoes start to sprout I think they're super disgusting because I see those growths emerging from the flesh of people's cheeks. That kind of thing. (sorry if this doesn't make any sense or is making anyone else as uncomfortable as it makes me :P)

So now that you all think I'm completely insane... my comparatively less awful confession is that I have a cube of pink salt to grate onto food, and I have in fact licked it before.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I've never watched any of the shows being discussed.

Me neither! I'm sure they are all really good shows, but I don't like to sit in front of the TV for very long. I only watch sports, really. In the evenings (while my husband binge watches all of these series mentioned on Netflix) I prefer to listen to music and read in the other room. Much more relaxing for me.

Yep, that's me, too. Other than football season, I'd rather be buried in a good book!

Yes! We don't even get any channels on our TV. I have super fast internet, so I can stream the CFL (Real Football - longer field and one less down than NFL) games. I also LOVE listening to the games on the radio...the announcers are SOOOO exciting! Go RIDERS! /=S=/

I got into football watching the Esks with my ex. We were season seat holders. Then I started watching NFL and fell in love with the fame when we drove 18 hours to see Favre play in MN (hubby's dream to see him play). CFL doesn't compare to NFL. I can't even watch CFL anymore... btw, have the riders learned to count yet :p (to those that don't know the Riders lost the Grey Cup twice b/c of a too many men call!) ...sorry Ladybug...I couldn't resist

We can never be friends! ;) I was at the Grey Cup game when the Riders won at home and it was one of the greatest experiences I have had in my whole life! The Riders have the best fans of any sports team in the entire world!

I don't know about "best". Definitely the craziest. I am surprised you guys haven't adopted the rider flag as the provincial flag... its the only flag you see driving down those flat never ending roads

• smashley_mashley
    Options
    Confession: I have a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow and up until this thread existed I did not get online at all on my days off. Now I sign on here at least once a day to keep up! I'm already factoring in my online time over the next few days so that I can keep up but still be on as minimally as possible.

I don't have the MFP app and I'm thinking I should probably keep it that way.

I find if I don't catch up on this thread daily, I never catch up

• smashley_mashley
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession: I have a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow and up until this thread existed I did not get online at all on my days off. Now I sign on here at least once a day to keep up! I'm already factoring in my online time over the next few days so that I can keep up but still be on as minimally as possible.

I don't have the MFP app and I'm thinking I should probably keep it that way.

I'm scared to leave it unread for too long. Really glad I was in here at the beginning and have kept up with it, I'd hate to read almost 300 pgs at this point.

I will be posting a pale twiggy arm pic at some point this weekend, you wouldn't want to miss that epic event, would you? :p

It makes me giggle when people start at the beginning and reply to posts that happened ages ago. At what point do they realize "oh fudge, there's thousands of these"? I'm happy for all the late comers who joined in :) it's fun to see the conversation morph.

And that is why I read all the posts before I started commenting...I had no idea how the conversation would change
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Today I had my cheat meal. It wasn't like an epic cheat meal with huge portions or anything and it take me up to almost all my calories for today but I'm still under slightly. I just feel so gross with myself. Plus my scale is saying I gained two pounds back after that meal :(. All it was was kung pao shrimp and the little serving of fried rice that they send with it. I feel like I ruined all my work of eating right and exercising everyday with that.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I have not idea what mindcraft is and also did not know that Amazon sold food....just finishing page 286 lol

Ok, so I am way behind because we are doing a staycation for the older kiddos Spring Break...but we did an Amazon did delivery when we went to Disney last year and it was great!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    Today I had my cheat meal. It wasn't like an epic cheat meal with huge portions or anything and it take me up to almost all my calories for today but I'm still under slightly. I just feel so gross with myself. Plus my scale is saying I gained two pounds back after that meal :(. All it was was kung pao shrimp and the little serving of fried rice that they send with it. I feel like I ruined all my work of eating right and exercising everyday with that.
    Panic not! If it was Chinese food, that's full of sodium which makes you retain water. It will flush through with a lot of water and a bit of time. Even if you did go over a little on your calories, I'm sure it wasn't over your maintenance level, in which case you wouldn't gain any actual weight.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Confession: I changed my profile picture for a challenge, and I don't like it.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    That sounds like my husband.
    I'm chronically late... So I have to set alarms for myself to make sure I'm on time somewhere, or awake by a certain time.

Early on in dating I realized my wife was one of these "if I'm 45 minutes late then I'm on time" people.

So, I started telling her things started 1/2 hr early (movies, parties, concerts, etc.), so we'd basically get there on time. She caught on, so then I'd start randomly telling her the correct start times, just to keep her on her toes.

Damn smartphones...it's too easy for her to look these things up herself now!

That's awesome! I do the same thing to my husband. Took me awhile to learn it!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Confession:

I have an interview tomorrow for a job I really don't want to have to commute to. But I'm still going to the interview, a) because I set the appointment to go in, and b) because I need to work on my interviewing skills. I'm a terrible interviewee. Seriously, I freeze up. If it could be an "on the phone" or "texting" interview, I'd do amazing... But face-to-face interviews I fail at every time.

Is it wrong to go just based on the purpose of improving my interview skills?
    Not wrong at all!
  • mars1001
    mars1001 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just ate 5 Peeps! My ridiculous excuse to myself? It's Easter! Augh. I feel bloated now.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I saw a woman carrying a giant Peep bunny down the street yesterday and had two thoughts: 1) tincanonastring, and 2) tackling her to the ground to see if it was a plush Peep bunny animal or if it was actually made of marshmallow.

I didn't do the latter, sorry folks :cry:

That is funny! People use LOL too much...but I literally did to that post!
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    I'm getting back into running after an injury and have been doing jog/walk intervals - the jog part never stops until a car passes me, though. Can't be seen to be whimping out and walking, nosirree :D

Hey, now, walking is NOT a wimpy workout! I'm a speed / incline walker. I can't jog or run due to an ankle and neck issue. Just giving you a bad time! Whatever keeps you out there and active, go for it!
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)

Hahaha! Thanks for noticing! I only posted a new picture because I was really white and pale in my other picture. Been outside recently and have a bit of color, so I thought I'd update it.

I've been toying with the idea of posting my own shoulder pic just for laughs (which will be totally meaningless to anyone outside of this thread) but it would definitely out-pale your old one as we're on our fifth month of winter here... snowing outside as I type.

I get confused when people change their avatar lol. Someone had your llama pic in a Facebook group I'm in, and I was like "you can't use that picture! That's @ythannah! ".

In other news, we're supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow too.

Lol! That's what I get for putting up a pic poached from the net.

And if I'm not mistaken, somebody recently changed her avatar from a masked purple-haired girl to a very pretty brunette...

Thanks... The picture is actually a year and a half old, but I haven't changed much lol

It is a great picture of you!

And snow? Where do you live? I live in South Carolina and it is 76 here today.

Northern -ish Alberta. It's supposed to be +16 today (about 60F), then we might get a couple centimetres of snow tomorrow. The weather changes quickly here lol

Where in AB... I am in Edmonton

I grew up 95% in and around Edmonton and my folks and sisters (plus brothers in law and 2 nieces and 3 nephews) all still live in the area. Watching the Oilers on Center Ice right now.
    It's too bad there isn't much to watch 5-1 Anaheim... here is my shocked face :o (stupid never ending rebuild...)

McTavish needs to go, ffs. He is the common thread here.

Though they are playing better under Nelson, last night was just ugly.

Tonight is looking no better... 3-0 for L.A. and there is still 9:570 left in the first *sigh"

• shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    Panic not! If it was Chinese food, that's full of sodium which makes you retain water. It will flush through with a lot of water and a bit of time. Even if you did go over a little on your calories, I'm sure it wasn't over your maintenance level, in which case you wouldn't gain any actual weight.

Yeah I was hoping t was just water weight.