Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm getting back into running after an injury and have been doing jog/walk intervals - the jog part never stops until a car passes me, though. Can't be seen to be whimping out and walking, nosirree :D

Hey, now, walking is NOT a wimpy workout! I'm a speed / incline walker. I can't jog or run due to an ankle and neck issue. Just giving you a bad time! Whatever keeps you out there and active, go for it!
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)

Hahaha! Thanks for noticing! I only posted a new picture because I was really white and pale in my other picture. Been outside recently and have a bit of color, so I thought I'd update it.

I've been toying with the idea of posting my own shoulder pic just for laughs (which will be totally meaningless to anyone outside of this thread) but it would definitely out-pale your old one as we're on our fifth month of winter here... snowing outside as I type.

I get confused when people change their avatar lol. Someone had your llama pic in a Facebook group I'm in, and I was like "you can't use that picture! That's @ythannah! ".

In other news, we're supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow too.

Lol! That's what I get for putting up a pic poached from the net.

And if I'm not mistaken, somebody recently changed her avatar from a masked purple-haired girl to a very pretty brunette...

Thanks... The picture is actually a year and a half old, but I haven't changed much lol

It is a great picture of you!

And snow? Where do you live? I live in South Carolina and it is 76 here today.

Northern -ish Alberta. It's supposed to be +16 today (about 60F), then we might get a couple centimetres of snow tomorrow. The weather changes quickly here lol

Where in AB... I am in Edmonton

I grew up 95% in and around Edmonton and my folks and sisters (plus brothers in law and 2 nieces and 3 nephews) all still live in the area. Watching the Oilers on Center Ice right now.
    It's too bad there isn't much to watch 5-1 Anaheim... here is my shocked face :o (stupid never ending rebuild...)

McTavish needs to go, ffs. He is the common thread here.

Though they are playing better under Nelson, last night was just ugly.

Tonight is looking no better... 3-0 for L.A. and there is still 9:570 left in the first *sigh"

I know. And yet, here I am watching it, thinking "Hey, the Kings haven't scored this period. Yay"

12:27 of the second.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Hockey, huh? I'm a Habs fan. Who's against me? ;)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    edited April 2015
    Options

The world.

And my husband... his Caps beat your Habs tonight, but at least you got a (ridiculous) "loser point".

Confession: The "overtime loss" point in the NHL makes me *kitten* furious. Either give three points for a regulation win, or stop rewarding not winning.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

The world.

And my husband... his Caps beat your Habs tonight, but at least you got a (ridiculous) "liser point".
    My boyfriend got me into it. I come from a faraway place in the southern US where hockey is not a thing of concern. In Quebec it's practically a religion. I love the Habs' spirit, plus Carey Price is an AMAZING goalie. Can't deny that, right? :P And that was a ridiculously intense game... let's see if the Caps will be so lucky next time!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    The Caps are my NHL 15 go to team... I like Holtby
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

The world.

And my husband... his Caps beat your Habs tonight, but at least you got a (ridiculous) "liser point".
    My boyfriend got me into it. I come from a faraway place in the southern US where hockey is not a thing of concern. In Quebec it's practically a religion. I love the Habs' spirit, plus Carey Price is an AMAZING goalie. Can't deny that, right? :P And that was a ridiculously intense game... let's see if the Caps will be so lucky next time!

My childhood was the Oilers glory period. Now I live in a faraway place in the southern US and all four of my kids have played hockey(two still do).

Fuckity *kitten*... 4-1 *sigh*
  • FluffySandwich
    edited April 2015
    Options

The world.

My childhood was the Oilers glory period. Now I live in a faraway place in the southern US and all four of my kids have played hockey(two still do).

Is hockey popular where you are?? That's surprising! Hockey is definitely more exciting than football, in my opinion.

Wait, are you in the Western US?

EDIT: Oh, I see you're in the Eastern US like I was. I do remember going to a couple of non-NHL hockey games when I was little and lived in South Carolina.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

The world.

Is hockey popular where you are?? That's surprising! Hockey is definitely more exciting than football, in my opinion.

It's not mainstream popular, but we have a (very) low level pro team and the only Division I college hockey team in the South, plus some transplants from more hockey mad places. Oh, and a Junior B team nearby now too.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

The world.

I missed the glory days as I was born during that time but I have a good picture of me sitting in the Cup with my cabbage patch doll. 0g3xql5gphdo.jpg

Haven't seen anything close to that except in 2006. I really hope we trade the first round pick this year rather than pick up another rookie... we need a good veteran. 4-1 with left in the second. I've seen enough and am going to bed

Confession: I sat in the cup the Great One drank out of!
  • cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Another confession:
    (This is cheaper and more rewarding than therapy. Not my confession)

I have went through 2 tubs of vanilla greek yogurt and 2 jars of white chocolate peanut butter this week! :o
    OMG White chocolate peanut butter exists????!!!!!!! I would not be able to cope if I lived where ever you are. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession: I miss @tincanonastring and the humor he brings to the boards via peeps. I know I'm not alone in this!

I confess I am rather afraid I scared him off by asking if he worked at the same company as me. He disappeared the next day...

You didn't. He posted that he's super busy with work and family and was taking a break from the threads.

I know but it was the DAY AFTER he asked me if I was stalking him. I finally decide after a month of reading this thread to join in, and scare one of the cornerstones off! (Probably too much drama but I am prone to that....Irish Catholic Guilt)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    The Instant Gratification Monkey is has me by the b**ls tonight (oh, wait I don't have those, but it seems an appropriate description). I took a nap, went to the grocery store, put away laundry, and now am back on MFP. I have 3 things to do for work and homework to work on, and its now 1:15 am...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Okay final post before going to do what I need to do... Someone a long time ago provided a link to a train wreck... Just discovered the myth of "naturally thin" people. If you want a surreal out of body experience go check it out. I have been following it and it is so bizarre. They keep fighting about the EXACT same thing... pages and pages of it. I feel like its a medieval battle. They just keep lining up and running at each other with clubs and spears and swords...hacking into each other...retreating... and coming back for more.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's right on the front page--not hard to find.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay final post before going to do what I need to do... Someone a long time ago provided a link to a train wreck... Just discovered the myth of "naturally thin" people. If you want a surreal out of body experience go check it out. I have been following it and it is so bizarre. They keep fighting about the EXACT same thing... pages and pages of it. I feel like its a medieval battle. They just keep lining up and running at each other with clubs and spears and swords...hacking into each other...retreating... and coming back for more.

Good description! I've ducked in and out of that one, but it is totally going around in circles.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

The world.

I missed the glory days as I was born during that time but I have a good picture of me sitting in the Cup with my cabbage patch doll. 0g3xql5gphdo.jpg

Haven't seen anything close to that except in 2006. I really hope we trade the first round pick this year rather than pick up another rookie... we need a good veteran. 4-1 with left in the second. I've seen enough and am going to bed

Confession: I sat in the cup the Great One drank out of!

I am jealous! I've seen the Cup in person but nothing like that. I was born in 1980, when I went to kindergarten in Edmonton in 84, my bus pass had a different Oiler on it every month.

Confession: I nearly cried when I found out the Oilers had traded Esa Tikannen. It was after curling (which was after school) and the Oilers were playing the Rangers, and he'd been traded that day and was playing FOR THE BLOODY RANGERS!

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I am watching NHL because I have pay tv now and I have never really watched hockey (Australia. need I say more?)

Anyway, my confession is that I am completely judging their total lack of skating skills.

There might be a few grumbles in there too about how much they get paid vs how little prize money/sponsorship figure skaters get.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    agorski82 wrote: »
    I am trying to quit smoking so I am over eating. I just smashed an entire bad of black pepper skinny pop. All of it. The big bag.

I have a love/hate relationship with the white cheddar skinny pop- I love to eat it but I hate finishing the bag in one sitting :(
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I want to punch people who 'can't possibly eat more than 1200 calories because they are so full' in the face.

You are my hero
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Confession: I still love the song Mambo No 5

Bahaha me too it's definitely a staple on my iPod in my workout mix :) no shame here!