EATING CLEAN VERSUS EATING LESS

Options

Replies

• myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    I for one am excited to see how this turns out. I assume you will be weighing and measuring? And won't mind opening your diary and providing us with pictures of your supplies/meals for the sake of transparency and keeping us updated on your daily activity and workouts.

Yes I I will be, I was just taking my measurements, and I want to post a pic but I am not sure in what just yet.... I am thinking maybe a really fitted dress....

I think she was referring to weighing and measuring your food for accuracy.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    They said 'eating clean'...*chuckle*. You can tell they're new.
  • EatMoreJustBetter
    Options
    I for one am excited to see how this turns out. I assume you will be weighing and measuring? And won't mind opening your diary and providing us with pictures of your supplies/meals for the sake of transparency and keeping us updated on your daily activity and workouts.

Yes I I will be, I was just taking my measurements, and I want to post a pic but I am not sure in what just yet.... I am thinking maybe a really fitted dress....

LMAO, oh, well of course how else would I know what I am eating... thank you slow moment
  • EatMoreJustBetter
    Options
    First month doesn't mean much because of water weight and you'll lose on 2100 with your stats, so really don't see it as an experiment because unless you get checked with doubly labeled water it's all just guess work anyway.....that's why your here because you think your a special snowflake and your going to learn us a thing or two.

No no no, this is not because I am special or am trying to teach anything... I seriously want to know if it really is calorie based or it is what you eat... wow so assumptive lol
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Hi all, welcome to my experiment...

I will be eating almost 800 calories over what the suggested amount is for losing 2lbs a week

What I entered :

Weight 260

Height 5'7

Lifestyle: sedentary

The suggest 1390 a day

I will be eating 2100

I believe I will still lose weight without starving myself because eating clean and burning fat is far different than eating junk and burning muscle... whats more I think I will lose more weight this way...

I will also be drinking approximation 120 ounces of water a day to help flush fat cells

I will be posting my diary link so that you can check it, I will be logging in every day, and weighing myself once a week...

I am excited to see these results!!!

That's nice dear

May I suggest you eat 1000 calories over your 2lb cut for a real experiment. Also ensure your TDEE is correct so you need to keep doing this until you hit your maintenance over a couple of months on regular food and then replace ...you know so that it is actually an experiment

Oh and fat cells don't flush away they kind of just empty

Well not sure I can eat that much in a day, clean eating is WAY more food than junk eating... but I will try....lol

Also, TDEE is 2080 which is why I chose the 2100 number...

Yes by flush I meant to clean them out, not that they will actually leave my body.... lol

How have you determined your TDEE?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    First month doesn't mean much because of water weight and you'll lose on 2100 with your stats, so really don't see it as an experiment because unless you get checked with doubly labeled water it's all just guess work anyway.....that's why your here because you think your a special snowflake and your going to learn us a thing or two.

No no no, this is not because I am special or am trying to teach anything... I seriously want to know if it really is calorie based or it is what you eat... wow so assumptive lol

It is seriously calorie based

You're welcome
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

I will be eating almost 800 calories over what the suggested amount is for losing 2lbs a week

What I entered :

Weight 260

Height 5'7

The suggest 1390 a day

I will be eating 2100

I believe I will still lose weight without starving myself because eating clean and burning fat is far different than eating junk and burning muscle... whats more I think I will lose more weight this way...

I will also be drinking approximation 120 ounces of water a day to help flush fat cells

I will be posting my diary link so that you can check it, I will be logging in every day, and weighing myself once a week...

That's nice dear

May I suggest you eat 1000 calories over your 2lb cut for a real experiment. Also ensure your TDEE is correct so you need to keep doing this until you hit your maintenance over a couple of months on regular food and then replace ...you know so that it is actually an experiment

Well not sure I can eat that much in a day, clean eating is WAY more food than junk eating... but I will try....lol

Yes by flush I meant to clean them out, not that they will actually leave my body.... lol

So you got overweight how?? There are plenty of 'clean' high cal foods btw - nuts, avocados, oils...
  • EatMoreJustBetter
    Options
    In order for it to be useful, OP (as I suggested earlier) needs to establish her true TDEE then eat regular food at maintenance then replace regular food with her consideration of what is clean food

And each stage should last a minimum of 8 weeks

THAT would be interesting

Clean eating means no junk food, processed foods, and what not... that is normal food...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,024 Member
    Options

Seriously, ok then your going in either biased or uneducated.

• Daiako
    Options

And pictures of such as well as accurate tracking of *all* activity not just workouts.
  • EatMoreJustBetter
    Options
    mmmmm. In order to "prove" anything, you should eat at least at your maintenance level.
    But anyway, why?

Yes I am eating over my maintenance level....
  • EatMoreJustBetter
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

What I entered :

Weight 260

Height 5'7

The suggest 1390 a day

I will be eating 2100

That's nice dear

So you got overweight how?? There are plenty of 'clean' high cal foods btw - nuts, avocados, oils...

Becuase I used to think pizza and chocolate were part of the main food groups... no seriously I ate crap all the time... it was fast and easy and I was short on time.... sure there are some medical issues thrown in there but that is not an excuse for how grossly I ate or treated myself...
  • Sued0nim
    edited April 2015
    Options
    In order for it to be useful, OP (as I suggested earlier) needs to establish her true TDEE then eat regular food at maintenance then replace regular food with her consideration of what is clean food

And each stage should last a minimum of 8 weeks

THAT would be interesting

Clean eating means no junk food, processed foods, and what not... that is normal food...

Define processed

Define junk

Would a burger be junk..ya know organic, home-reared fresh ground beef, onions, spices, a fresh-laid egg. Would it become unclean if I topped it with cheese, what about lettuce, tomato? Is it the bread? What if I made it at home ...is it the fact that the wheat is ground that makes a process or the yeast is a leavening process

This is why "clean" has no definition
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,024 Member
    Options
    mmmmm. In order to "prove" anything, you should eat at least at your maintenance level.
    But anyway, why?

Not according to your original post.

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    um, in for 'proof'
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    But anyway, why?

There is something wrong in your calculations. 2 lbs/week of weight loss means a deficit of 1000 calories per day. So to be in maintenance, you should eat not 800 calories over 1390, but 1.000 (=2390).

• Daiako
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    This is a joke topic, isn't it?

I hope not. I'm all in for this, assuming that proper care is taken and adequate proof provided (and the OP can tell us how she came to know her TDEE)
  • Daiako
    Options
    You all are going to ruin this for me aren't you? I can feel it happening.

I *really* want this all to play out.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

What I entered :

Weight 260

Height 5'7

The suggest 1390 a day

I will be eating 2100

That's nice dear

Becuase I used to think pizza and chocolate were part of the main food groups... no seriously I ate crap all the time... it was fast and easy and I was short on time.... sure there are some medical issues thrown in there but that is not an excuse for how grossly I ate or treated myself...

The pizza I had tonight wasn't fast! Took, like, 35 minutes to get here. I could have made food faster than that, but my egg-dispensing ovary required pizza, so I didn't. I'm pretty confident that it won't affect my weight loss efforts, cos CICO. Anyway, my point was that saying you can't 'eat clean' at what should be your maintenance level is pretty ridiculous. Just think about it.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

What I entered :

Weight 260

Height 5'7

The suggest 1390 a day

I will be eating 2100

That's nice dear

The pizza I had tonight wasn't fast! Took, like, 35 minutes to get here. I could have made food faster than that, but my egg-dispensing ovary required pizza, so I didn't. I'm pretty confident that it won't affect my weight loss efforts, cos CICO. Anyway, my point was that saying you can't 'eat clean' at what should be your maintenance level is pretty ridiculous. Just think about it.

What does your other ovary dispense?

Boom tish