Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

@MNwalkingQueen – You might want to see a tax guy to amend the last few years, I not sure but you might be able to go back 3 years. That may or may not make a difference, but if it helped for this year may help for last few.

Happy Easter!

Easter

[img][/img]animated-easter-egg-image-0033_zps735ef592.gif

To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have. ~Ken S. Keyes, Jr.

Tom
  • Camilleathome
    Camilleathome Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey guys! Thought I would pop in and hopefully join in! I was on MFP a while ago and lost almost 60 lbs but after a really bad health crash and heavy stress I gained almost everything back. I weighed myself today and couldn't believe I was at 354. 11 pounds shy of being right back at my heaviest that I had been. My goal is to be 190. BMI says I would need to be around 170 but I think that would be way too thin for me. This means I need to lose 164 lbs. almost half of me at my heaviest!(365) But I'm back in and it feels much easier this time around. I'm tired of feeling sick after I eat junk food(It makes me feel extremely ill) and when I eat healthy food I just feel so good and it's just so delicious and the fact that my husband is eating it too and enjoying the food makes me feel really good.

My goals are to make sure I eat enough food(When eating healthy I can sometimes under-eat which leaves me vulnerable to wanting to binge) as well as exercise at least three times a week. I have hypothyroidism and have a lot of energy issues and I actually want to exercise like 5 days a week. Only issue right now is I can't get out of the house cause of the snow we had yesterday so I'm two days without a workout -_-. Hubby is cleaning the living room for me though so I can use my WII again(I have dance games).

We are planning on moving to the city again and one I do I will be joining a gym again. With thyroid issues you should be concentrating on low impact cardio and much more weights.

I'm on day five now of logging and being under calory. Today I had a piece of toast with 1 tsp of light cream cheese with a bit of mesclun greens with an omelette on top(1 egg, green onions, mushrooms, zuchini and homemade kimchi) and three slices of avocado on top. Normally I would have a orange juice or maybe do a combo of that and carrot and apple(juiced with my juicer) but I felt completely full with that breakfast so didn't even bother. That made me very happy :)
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Happy Resurrection Sunday Y'All!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter Everyone.
    I hope everyone is having a beautiful day and that you can get out for a walk or some other outdoor activity.

I will check in later after my family leaves for the night.
  • MegBoden
    MegBoden Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello, new to FitBit and MFP, weighing in at 240 pounds and need to lose 100. Have a mental war going on as to why I can't eat what *seems* reasonable and not gain weight. After a long and tortured marriage where I let myself go hoping he'd leave (I know, not a good strategy... after 25 years I was the one who left) I am divorced and remarried to a wonderful man since last June. He only eats "brown foods", that is fried and no vegetables except green beans cooked to death. Cooking for him and eating what I know to be a healthy diet is a challenge. I'm a retired RN with a few weight related health concerns (knee and foot issues). I do some part-time work that is low responsibility about 1 day a week now. Thanks for hearing me out and looking forward to making some new friends.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter Everyone!

@Robinsegg- First wow! Good thing the fire burned out. Second, I applied to 2 jobs so far and was declined interviews for both one I was over qualified for and the other under qualified. I am doing the job displacement work that they pay for like taking online training, help with resume and interview skills. I might apply to this non profit called Love your Melon they work with kids with cancer. I am trying to see right now if I qualify to apply being min requirement is a Bachelor's degree.
    @Welcome new people
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @Camille and @Meg - welcome to both of you. What a lovely and memorable day for you to start this New Life of yours! Glad you joined our community. Our daily discussion is a big part for most of us in staying "straight" on our new eating habits that are so different than when we ate too much carbs and fats. Many of us use this discussion as a way to come and rant when the pressure builds up and instead of going to the fridge or getting in the car and driving to the Dairy Freeze we come here and unload all our feeling and spend the time here instead of eating mindlessly.
    Welcome! Hope to see you both here tomorrow or the next day!

@WalkingQueen - glad you have some income - I think you'd fit in with that "Love your Melon" group. Hope you qualify. Prayers for you.

@Laurie - I did get a nice walk in today - and am enjoying seeing Forsythia in bloom here in Omaha and also Magnolias...

@CBlue - bingo on the clearance sales - I love that! I did something similar. I worked up a list of clothes from Ulla Popken -I usually wear tunics and her new catalog had some - but NO capri's and I needed some - so I checked online - GOT SO LUCKY - online they were offering 25% Off the TOTAL ORDER -that saturday 4/4 only - So I saved mega bucks - I was so freakin' happy! I saved enough it covered the repair bill from the electrician who fixed my circuit breaker board - oh God and the Universe works in mysterious ways but They've got my back......

AFM - well I told CBlue about my good luck on-line. Today I had to sleep as I had such bad insomnia I never slept at all last night, even though I had taken one (strong) sleeping pill at midnight and another one at 4 am.

I saw dawn, quite beautiful, and I meditated for a while on the miracle of the resurrection as I was taught by the faith of my childhood, and took my morning pills, read the paper and finally fell asleep around 9 am. Got up at 1 pm, had my delicious coffee and milk, a bagel, and tried to remember if I had eaten yesterday. I had, - not much, only a container of cottage cheese, in intervals.
    I keep forgetting to put together the crock pot meal I have all the ingredients for. Chicken and noodles. So easy!

I worry about tonight. whether I'll ever get to sleep. I've never tried 2 sleeping pills together and don't have the Drs. OK to do so...so, I cannot. They must be 4 hours apart, if the first one doesn't work. Maybe I will finally have a drink of Baileys tonight. Haven't had one in many moons. Somebody get on line and have a drink with me, OK? eh- Just kidding!

Spend several hours with my step mom at her Rehab facility. SHe had a nice meal - I thought I could get one there too - but nope, they don't do that. So I had to settle for a bottle of V8 SPlash sold at the little "store" and a tasty little slice of apple pie. So I still need to find something for supper. I think I will scramble some eggs,,,,appropriate for easter.

• shaunjadon
    shaunjadon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So my scale decides to act funky for my weigh in today- I usually get on twice to verify weight. Well I got on about 3 or 4 times and received 4 different weights. Definitely not how I wanted to start my day. I'm hoping its just a low battery problem, will be changing as soon as a I get home.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I was back in the 260’s this morning, :/ I better get my act together. :)

Happy New Beer's Eve!
    New Beer's Eve is an unofficial holiday in the United States, celebrating the end of Prohibition in the United States on April 6.
    The beginning of the end of Prohibition in the United States occurred as a result of the Cullen–Harrison Act and its signing into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on March 23, 1933. Sales of beer in the U.S would become legal on April 7, 1933, provided that the state in question had enacted its own law allowing such sales. The beer had to have an alcohol content less than 3.2% (4% ABV), compared to the 0.5% limit of the Volstead Act, because 3.2% was considered too low to produce intoxication. On the evening of April 6, people lined up outside breweries and taverns, waiting for midnight when they would be able to legally purchase beer for the first time in over 13 years. Since then, the night of April 6 has been referred to as "New Beer's Eve" and April 7 is known as "National Beer Day"

So often time it happens, we all live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ~The Eagles, "Already Gone"

Tom
  • MegBoden
    Options
    Monday: checkin and weekend struggles/successes. Well Saturday was my husband's birthday, so I made his favorite cake and we had two meals with his son and his family. They have small children so we ate at Steak and Shake for lunch and had pizza for dinner. I had the turkey club sammich at S&S minus one of the pieces of bread, and made homemade personal pizzas for dinner. DIY, the kids enjoyed that. Between all those goodies I was over on calories. I did better yesterday but was still a little over calorie wise. FitBit is challenging and interesting. I like that it tracks how sleep quality (did you detect sarcasm, it was there.) I'll be working a new part time job fifteen hours this week, driving for a friend's courier service. Wish me luck as I'll be on the road and eating what I can find or packing my own food (better choice).
  • MegBoden
    Options
    Oh! And found this useful site (http://calorielab.com/burned/) so I can track what I normally do and not just the exercises listed on my fitness pal.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Not a stellar weekend. Yesterday was Amy's birthday (#5 of 7). Friday night her husband gave her a surprise birthday party. I had done quite well all day, but kind of let the snack food and cheesecake get the best of me. Saturday went well, except that rain made it necessary for me to pedal instead of walk. Yesterday we had 14 for Easter dinner. Cathy was too sick to come. We had the usual ham and potato salad, with birthday cake and ice cream for Amy. I'm sure I was a bit over, although I didn't log everything. Rain and food prep made it necessary for me to pedal again. It looks like we'll have a nice day today, but we have dr apps this afternoon so I won't get to walk until evening. On the plus side, I did drink my water.
    I hope that you all had a great weekend.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good Morning. I don't know what happened, lost my long post. :frowning: Oh well.

It was a nice weekend with family; I hope for those that celebrate Easter that they had a nice holiday with their family and friends.

Welcome to all of the newlings that stopped by over the weekend (I don't get the opportunity to post much on the weekends). You found a great place for support and motivation, check back often. I've been a part of this group for nearly three years and they are a big part of my success.

@Holly~This is a good time to reflect on your career and the new direction you want to go, excellent goals—I hope you find the right fit for the opportunities you are seeking. LinkedIn is an excellent resource.

@Tom~You got this, I've been slacking lately too but feel like I got back on the right track this weekend.

AFM~Actually not much to report. It was a busy weekend as usual, mostly getting my guest bedroom ready for painting this coming weekend (also looking forward to a 3-day weekend).
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great Easter. I had a pleasant day with my family. We all met and had dinner at my brothers with everybody bringing things. I did pretty good except for the lemon poppyseed bundt cake that was brought. I had two pieces of that but since the only meal I ate was Easter dinner and I got in plenty of activity I still came in under calories for the day. I had some cabbage that needed to be used and after looking at different recipies online I ended making a slaw with a cilantro lime dressing. I really liked it and figured it must have been good since there was none left to bring home :) After leaving my brothers my neice and my sister in law came over with the nieces bike and we got out two of mine and I finally tested out the path where I walk the dogs to see how it would work for bike riding to build up my stamina. It was great the couple hills were no problem because the ups both come off of downhills so the speed and the momentum is there to help. We had a great time and rode five laps which comes out to about 4 and a half miles. We had a great time and sil said they would definitely join me again. Well I bought a few more plants for the backyard so I better go get them in. Have a great day everyone :):)
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    A quick check in to update my goals. I was doing well yesterday but snacked in the evening after I had completed my food diary.. bad, bad. Today I made up for it by being active all day and staying under calories. April 1st I was 212 lb, this morning I was 207.2... on my way down again and hopefully into Onederland by the end of the month. I'm pushing for a 30 lb loss by mid August (going to Seattle on holidays). I know I can do it if I stay on track with eating... exercise will be a snap as I plan for lots of hiking, running and kayaking this summer.

April Goals:

Track and stay under calories
    Fri:YES
    Sat:YES
    Sun:NO
    Mon:YES
    Tues:
    Wed:
    Thurs:
    Week 1: 1/2

Meet protein goal of 120g
    Fri:YES
    Sat:YES
    Sun:YES
    Mon:YES
    Tues:
    Wed:
    Thurs:
    Week1: 2/2

Apr.2nd: 212 lb
    Apr. 9th:
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you all had a wonderful weekend. My DH & I hung around the house conserving energy this weekend, except for Saturday afternoon. Some of the neighborhood kids came over looking to make some money so we jumped on it, they cut and trimmed our yard for about an hour and a half (didn't even come close to finishing it but that's ok!) and I got out the weed wacker and did some work myself. Burned some calories and the yard looks a lot better, tho by no means finished! We have 5 acres and we haven't been able or willing to get out and work on the fine details yet this spring. DH has gotten out on the big tractor and used the big cutter on the back to get a lot of it but it doesn't do fences, around trees, and around obstacles, so there's lots of messy stuff that needs cleaning up. Anyway, they asked for $40 so that's what we gave them, they had to split it between the 3 of them. The youngest one used our little tractor and our gas to fill up with, so I figure they got what they asked for and it was fair to us. We might see if they will come back next week and do more.
    Sunday we just vegged and binge watched all our DVR'd shows, and of course watched The 10 Commandments. I made spaghetti, but stayed within my calories by eating a big salad first.
    April Goals:

Workout (walking and stairs) 5/week - 5/6 days
    Within calorie goal - 6/6 days
    Tracking every day - 6/6 days

I'm only weighing once a week on Thursdays, so will have to wait and see if the extra calorie burn is paying off. Even though I'm still having problems with my breathing and allergies, I feel better so I know things are going well, even if they don't show up right away on the scale.

Have a wonderful week everyone!
    Tracy (TX)
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I made dinner for the extended family Sunday and had left overs tonight. mostly just ate one meal both days...to busy to log but hope to get back into it asap.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

Just a quick check in to update my goals. Sunday had a nice visit with my family. Dinner was good, but I didn't even attempt logging. It wasn't terrible, but just too many things that would be guesses. I'm sure I was over, but not worried about it. I probably made my protein minimum, but since I didn't log, I won't count it. I spent a good amount of time in the yard chasing my niece, so got a bit of exercise.

Last night and today was busy with finishing grading, but I'm done with everything for 3rd quarter grades which are due tomorrow.

I have bargaining tomorrow. Please cross you fingers that we come to a tentative agreement. We are very close, so it's promising.

I will catch up on personals tomorrow. Good night everyone!

April Challenge:

Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 5/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein x/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: x/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 64/64 AP essays DONE!!!

Exercise Goals: (week 1)
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + played with niece
    Mon--rest day
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • cassybaca
    cassybaca Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tanya949 wrote: »
    @skinny... I have a really hard time getting that protein in! I only eat beef and bacon for meat protein (I don't like chicken, turkey, pork or fish) so I have to be pretty creative with my proteins, I can't and shouldn't eat beef every day. Like a few others have said when my protein goes up, so do my fats but it keeps my carbs down so I don't worry about the fat. I'm at about 40-45C/25P/30-35F and I'm fine with that. My main sources of protein right now are beef, greek yogurt, eggs, egg whites, cheese, nuts, seeds, hummus, chickpeas, black beans, protein powder. I put 1/2 scoop of powder in my greek yogurt cup, 1 scoop in my smoothies. I'm not yet at the point again where I was last year when I made most of my dinners and snacks at home. I would put protein powder in pancakes, muffins, energy bars, and made a lot of bean and/or quinoa based casseroles, soups, stews, chili etc. MFP tells me my protein requirements are upwards of 130-150g per day but that's near impossible for me. I am hoping to get back to making MOST of my food at home, so you can stalk my diary then for inspiration. :p

quote/]

@Tanya949 I'm new here so I apologize on butting into your post with skinnyjeanz lol but I'm trying to figure out all this protein you're trying to get in daily. Did you have GB?
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Blah...I am about 40 new posts behind...and I have the kids home and I am off work all week...maybe I'll get back to read what I've missed later. Just checking in for my weekly goals.
    Last week-
    Under Calories: 4/7

Tues-Run 1.5: DONE
    Wed-XT: DONE
    Thurs-Run 1.5: DONE
    Fri-Rest: DONE
    Sat-Run 2: MISSED
    Sun-Run/Walk 1.5: MISSED
    Mon-Rest: DONE

You'll note that I made sure to get those rest days in, but was only at about 50% on calories and running. ;) Will do better this week.

This week's goals-
    Under Calories: x/7

Tues- Run 2:
    Wed- XT:
    Thurs- Run 2:
    Fri-Rest:
    Sat- Run 2.5:
    Sun- Run/Walk 1.5:
    Mon-Rest:

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!