How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options

Replies

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Then why are you not taking the chewables and be done with the whole mess?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Using the same powers of google that you possess, I was able to pull up a whole host of strategies for preventing the dental staining.

If it's so easy to prevent the dental staining, I wouldn't have had 2 doctors and my orthodontist tell me not to take it. The 2 doctors recommended chewables. One said, "Trust me, you don't wanna take liquid iron." And my orthodontist told me, "Why would you want to take a supplement? Just eat foods rich in iron."

BUT YOU WON'T EAT THEM!

Do these doctors know about your issues with food?

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I am starting to think the whole anemia thing is just a cover, and OP really is just desperate to figure out how to get sugar to stick to dry Cheerios.

If that was the case, I'd just eat the Honey Nut ones. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I literally laughed out loud at the second sentence.
    That was so ironic I got scared for a moment. Like we hit some kind of max irony limit and the planet was about to implode.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Patient: Can barely get out of bed or sit up
    Doctor: Don't take what you need, honey, it will stain your teeth, have some Cheerios instead.

image.jpg?w=552&c=1

That's not what the doctor said. She said to take Flintstones chewables.

So take flintstones chewables and go on your merry way? Why all this nonsense with cheerios?
  • sofaking6
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Using the same powers of google that you possess, I was able to pull up a whole host of strategies for preventing the dental staining.

If it's so easy to prevent the dental staining, I wouldn't have had 2 doctors and my orthodontist tell me not to take it. The 2 doctors recommended chewables. One said, "Trust me, you don't wanna take liquid iron." And my orthodontist told me, "Why would you want to take a supplement? Just eat foods rich in iron."

By which she only meant plain Cheerios. With sugar, but no milk.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

That’s what you would think although I'd have to ask a nutritionist to be sure since there seems to be something specific about red meat. I believe that’s why I could breathe better that day and felt so much better the next couple of days. I ate such a large amount of it, it was probably equivalent to eating red meat. A teenager might have this issue but anemia results from years and years of having your period and not enough iron in the diet so a 13 year old would be a lot less likely to have this than an adult. You make a very good point! That does make sense, it’s just that I have severe anxiety so that’s why I struggle to just power through it.

If menstruation is causing your severe anemia, you might consider hormonal birth control.

I'm not taking birth control. Those have side effects way worse than any iron supplement. My periods aren't even heavy, they're moderate. I don't need birth control. I need to eat more iron rich foods.

If they're moderate, you can't blame menstruation.

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Patient: Can barely get out of bed or sit up
    Doctor: Don't take what you need, honey, it will stain your teeth, have some Cheerios instead.

image.jpg?w=552&c=1

That's not what the doctor said. She said to take Flintstones chewables.

So why aren't you taking them? Why are you asking about Cheerios?

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Stop. It is not going to make or break your blood hemoglobin to eat one kind of cereal over another.

Add more iron-rich foods to your diet AS A WHOLE and stop picking over minor things. Eat a spinach salad and steak for dinner. Have Broccoli and Hummus for a snack. Eat lots and lots of clams, mussels, and oysters (gram for gram, these are the foods richest in bioavailable iron) and instead of snacking on just dried cereal, add some pumpkin seeds and nuts, both of which are very rich in iron.

And, honestly, if you are so anemic that you can't stand up to get dressed? Your doctor should have prescribed you a supplement immediately. That's very extreme.

Yeah, I missed that. We are not being told the whole story here and it's pretty obvious that the OP either needs to go get real help or she is a minor. Either way she's not being honest here.

Seriously. There is something more going on. My kids are horrible picky eaters. I confess. Their father rubbed off on them. He's a picky eater too. Neither of them them have nutritional deficiencies. Let alone to this point.

OP has to have some SERIOUS issues to be so ill that she can't stand up.

I was also really picky growing up, no nutritional deficiencies.

So I'm guessing OP is under-eating, and could also be under-age since there seems to be a handful of responses here linking excessive pickiness with youth.

You're wrong on both accounts. I am an adult and I am not undereating as I said the first time.
    If one more accusation about my age comes up or another accusation about me undereating, I am reporting you to the moderator.
    I'm asking politely please do not bring either of these up again. I'm sick of hearing it and I'm sick of this abuse.

Are you underage?
    NO I am not.

Are you undereating?
    NO I am not.

Asked and answered.

Just for fun, what would you expect to happen?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I am starting to think the whole anemia thing is just a cover, and OP really is just desperate to figure out how to get sugar to stick to dry Cheerios.

If that was the case, I'd just eat the Honey Nut ones. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

That was so ironic I got scared for a moment. Like we hit some kind of max irony limit and the planet was about to implode.

I feel, reading this thread, like I may have entered an alternate dimension. Maybe one where irony has no meaning, and cheerios are the best possible source of iron...

• sofaking6
    Options

That’s what you would think although I'd have to ask a nutritionist to be sure since there seems to be something specific about red meat. I believe that’s why I could breathe better that day and felt so much better the next couple of days. I ate such a large amount of it, it was probably equivalent to eating red meat. A teenager might have this issue but anemia results from years and years of having your period and not enough iron in the diet so a 13 year old would be a lot less likely to have this than an adult. You make a very good point! That does make sense, it’s just that I have severe anxiety so that’s why I struggle to just power through it.

If menstruation is causing your severe anemia, you might consider hormonal birth control.

I'm not taking birth control. Those have side effects way worse than any iron supplement. My periods aren't even heavy, they're moderate. I don't need birth control. I need to eat more iron rich foods.

Then your periods have nothing to do with anemia, contrary to what you claimed.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    you might consider hormonal birth control.

based on OP's responses and attitude, i'm going to just go ahead and recommend this anyway.

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

I feel, reading this thread, like I may have entered an alternate dimension. Maybe one where irony has no meaning, and cheerios are the best possible source of iron...

I feel like I'm about two posts away from banging my head on my desk.
  • sofaking6
    Options

I really wish it was a troll thread. Then we could just sit back in awe at the near-perfect trolling and the world would make sense again. OP, please tell us you are trolling and save our collective sanity.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I've literally spent an hour on my computer answering replies. They keep coming faster than I can type. This is getting ridiculous.

b3x0HDr.jpg
This discussion has been closed.