Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I confess, while trying not to judge, that I am annoyed that so many posts on this thread have become novellas. There are several posts that are a half page long...and ain't nobody got time for that. I may just be cranky because I am trying to catch up since Thursday!

I confess I skipped the long posts.

Me too

Ditto on these long posts. Usually if it's more then a few sentences, I'm not reading it.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I hate running. For some reason I'm too self conscious when I run in front of people. I've adjusted to doing the elliptical, stair climber, cardiowave, stationary bike, etc... but I just feel too nervous trying to run. Whenever I get on the treadmill it's to walk at a steep incline.

When I was in high school we had to do that pacer test where you run from one side of the room to the next. Eventually people start dropping out from exhaustion. I knew I could never beat the boys but I did not want to feel humiliated by being one of the first girls out... so I kept pushing myself until I was one of the last remaining girls. When I finally dropped out I went over to tell my gym teacher how many laps I had run, but when I opened my mouth I started to gag. He pointed at the door and told me "RUN!" (haha) Ran to the nearest garbage can and barely made it on time to throw up. At least it wasn't in front of my class.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I hate it when I Google or otherwise search for something then the ads all change to that item!

8hxtx91cjrka.jpg

phthkgrf2xhw.gif

Since using mfp, all my ads are for plus size clothing. Thanks, Google.

Also, after online browsing for a new bathing suit, my ads switched to ladies intimates. I took a screen grab of a funny headline to send to my husband, not realizing there was a lingerie ad on the screen. *facepalm*

When I was sick a few months ago, I was marathoning tv shows on my tablet. For the next 2 weeks or so, all my ads were centered around whatever ad videos the channel I was watching had programmed into their shows. That was the week A&E was heavily promoting Bates Motel and Neighbors with Benefits. All my ads turned into Investigation Discovery.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I confess, while trying not to judge, that I am annoyed that so many posts on this thread have become novellas. There are several posts that are a half page long...and ain't nobody got time for that. I may just be cranky because I am trying to catch up since Thursday!

I've been the opposite. I've had quite a few times the past few days where I'm sitting reading on my tablet while I'm waiting for water to boil or waiting on my computer to reboot/update/reboot. The thread would've been a lot shorter without the long posts.

Confession: I have an aversion to walking/running outside because of a very near miss I had with a very dead raccoon on the side of the road. I've been once this year so far to the walking trail, because I know it's "safe" in that regard, but I still had an almost overwhelming irrational fear on the sections that are near the woods. Think I'll stick to the treadmill a while longer.

I was walking on the trails near my home one day about a month ago and two foxes ran out of the brush and across the trail about 2 feet in front of me... nearly gave me a heart attack!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I've been the opposite. I've had quite a few times the past few days where I'm sitting reading on my tablet while I'm waiting for water to boil or waiting on my computer to reboot/update/reboot. The thread would've been a lot shorter without the long posts.

Confession: I have an aversion to walking/running outside because of a very near miss I had with a very dead raccoon on the side of the road. I've been once this year so far to the walking trail, because I know it's "safe" in that regard, but I still had an almost overwhelming irrational fear on the sections that are near the woods. Think I'll stick to the treadmill a while longer.

I'm terrified of raccoons. When I was a teenager, a raccoon peered into the bathroom window and gave me a panic attack.

As a child, we had a pet raccoon. He would sit on top of the book case by the door and jump on your head when you walked in the door. When he started climbing the curtains (tearing them to shreds) Mom decided it was time for him to go.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Also, everyone knows that it's just a matter of time before you find a dead body. Listen to the news: bodies are always discovered early in the morning by a jogger or a person walking their dog. A runner with a dog is statistically twice as likely to find a body as another member of the general public.*

* not statistically proven
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I confess that I have not been keeping up with MFP. I'm learning Mandarin, reading books that intelligent people should have read (like 1984. Next up is The alchemist followed by Lolita), reducing procrastination at work, lifting 2x a week, martial arts 2x a week, eating more fruits and veggies and eating out less, being more social, hiking more, my first 5k is Saturday...AHHHHHHH!!!!! Counting calories has been dropping pretty low in my to-do list especially since I'm happy with my body (though I'm always trying to improve).

I also confess that I have a HUGE drawer full of food/snacks at work. I think I might have a bit of starvation anxiety for some reason. I almost always have a piece of really good chocolate (screw hersheys seriously) at 3pm(ish)

Quite an impressive list of goals! I aspire to do similar, as I'm always trying to improve myself as a person, but I'm not nearly this ambitious. Plus, I read The Alchemist last year and was disappointed that I did not have an awe-inspiring reaction to it or whatever it is supposed to do. I guess I didn't "get it"? Perhaps I should re-read it. I get discouraged when I really try to expand my horizons and fail miserably. The next book I read was Joan Rivers "Diary of a Mad Woman". Now, THAT I "got"! Hilarious.
  • jefemullin
    jefemullin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Similarly, I add 1 to 1.5 lbs to my "recorded" weight compared to what my scale says

I do a very similar thing. I "lag" a day in my recording. So say i'm down a pound on Monday, and down again on Tuesday, well then i will record Monday's weight. It kind of makes up for odd weigh ins and takes away some of those fluke weigh ins. Like after a few cocktails one night i usually have a good weigh in the next morning because of dehydration.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Also, everyone knows that it's just a matter of time before you find a dead body. Listen to the news: bodies are always discovered early in the morning by a jogger or a person walking their dog. A runner with a dog is statistically twice as likely to find a body as another member of the general public.*

* not statistically proven

LOL this trail is mostly out in the open. It's park on one side and backyards on the other. No way I'm going near the offshoot trail, though, because it does wind back through the woods. Not so much worried about the bodies as wandering onto someone's mobile meth lab and becoming a body.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

I was walking on the trails near my home one day about a month ago and two foxes ran out of the brush and across the trail about 2 feet in front of me... nearly gave me a heart attack!

I confess it's my dream to see a fox in person. They're adorable! I'm sure the surprise would give me a heart attack too though, which reminds me of a similar story.

My husband and I were running a trail through a natural area last summer when we heard all this racket coming from the right of us. We stopped just in time for a male deer to run right in front of us across the path. We laughed hysterically from the surprise and our doubly increased heart rates.

I'm terrified of raccoons. When I was a teenager, a raccoon peered into the bathroom window and gave me a panic attack.

As a child, we had a pet raccoon. He would sit on top of the book case by the door and jump on your head when you walked in the door. When he started climbing the curtains (tearing them to shreds) Mom decided it was time for him to go.

That's amazing. Where did he go? If you don't mind my asking... Seems like a domesticated raccoon would need a special place to relocate to.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    That cheerio thread was mind-boggling. It's closed now. :disappointed:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I Google or otherwise search for something then the ads all change to that item!

8hxtx91cjrka.jpg

phthkgrf2xhw.gif

Also, after online browsing for a new bathing suit, my ads switched to ladies intimates. I took a screen grab of a funny headline to send to my husband, not realizing there was a lingerie ad on the screen. *facepalm*

I suspect this also happens on other high-traffic sites.

My SO was showing me some posts on a popular classified ad site and it kept popping in a banner for engagement rings. I really REALLY hope it was totally random and not because he'd been searching them... I don't want a ring, I think they're a huge waste of money and I don't like wearing them... nor do I want to be engaged (again) or legally married (again), common-law is plenty fine for me. And I've made my views on marriage very clear to him... I just hope he takes me seriously.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Because of this thread I had a snack of peanut butter and chocolate chips last night. It will happen again.

Hahahahahaha. I ate a super thick slice of pound cake last night while reading this thread!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger and tater tots from my favorite mom-n-pop shop for lunch. Absolutely no shame. So yum!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

I barely made it through the first page or two. Did the OP ever answer WHY she doesn't just take an iron supplement?! That would've made much more sense. I didn't understand it at all.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I broke down on Saturday and bought the White Chocolate Wonderful and only tasted about a teaspoon of it that day and put it away, today it is all I can think about, I will have some when I get home and I just hope it is not the whole jar!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I barely made it through the first page or two. Did the OP ever answer WHY she doesn't just take an iron supplement?! That would've made much more sense. I didn't understand it at all.

It was a mixture of not being able to swallow pills and hearing bad things about infusions or shots. There was a lot of stuff going on in there. I didn't quite follow it all.
  • louisecforster
    louisecforster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I ate my whole wedding myself...yes that's right the WHOLE cake...chocolate tier, lemon sponge tier and fruit tier! When my mum asked for some to give to family I blamed my calorie limit sticking husband. To this day they call him the cake chomper...sorry not sorry it was amazing

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

8hxtx91cjrka.jpg

phthkgrf2xhw.gif

Ad Block Plus is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's free on Chrome or Firefox. :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

That's amazing. Where did he go? If you don't mind my asking... Seems like a domesticated raccoon would need a special place to relocate to.

We lived in the woods. He went outside. Hung around the house for a while. Then would visit occasionally. Eventually he stopped coming around.