pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Pip, you are shootin' blanks. :)

never baby! never !
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy110.gif Hello to all my wonderful supportive friends. This has been another peaceful, dancing, dog walking, exercise bike riding day. Weather is sunny and cool.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif smiley-happy093.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.58min, 14.9amph 2.9mi = 107c
    Spin- 36min, 85ar, 124aw, 11-15g, 15.1mi = 315c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.19min, 13.7amph, 1.4mi = 65c
    ride dome 2 hm- 16.48min, 9.3amph, 2.6mi = 169c
    Total cal 656
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Attending a conference thru Friday. Food everywhere today. Brought healthy stuff as well.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Sylvia ... Glad everything is ok!
    Rita ... Good to see you back!

Today got the best of me ... Going to bed ... See you all tomorrow.

Beth in WNY
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did one hour of Classic Moves Step DVD with Gin Miller. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jillian Michael's Extremely Shed and Shred DVD.

We have a Newcomer general meeting today

Sassy - one time I went to the ceramics place and one of the guys said "here comes the bug lady". So that's how I'm known now....lol I, too, can't get over how little you get of pasta for so many calories. That's what first prompted me to have the shirataki noodles. Yes, they did take some getting used to. But now I find that I'd really rather have them than regular pasta. The last time we were at Jess' she made chicken parm. I asked her if I could have shirataki noodles. She did get them for me. I actually prefer them now.

Joyce - how I wish we lived closer! I would give you another Tidy Cats container. As a matter of fact, I'm going to take one to the meeting today. A lady saw that we had them and asked if she could have an empty one. Seems she kept her bird food in another container and the squirrels got into it.

Alison - when we were without water a while ago (this was in PA) I took a shower at the Y. Never heard of having to take miralax when you have a hysterectomy. What's the thought beind it. I know you take it when you have a colonoscopy. It works to "clean" you out. Feel better fast

orcadiangirl - welcome! This is a place where you don't have to be embarrassed to share things.

Sylvia
    - Why haven't you been pleased with reglazing and refiring? Does the paint not adhere to the previous glaze? Does the paint come out "streaky". What do you do instead? Use the stain? I hear ya on how hard it is to get the end of the miralax down. Like I said, I wound up holding my breath. That was the only way I could get it down. Now...don't show me jello or Gatorade. I don't want to see them until I have to get the cleanse done again

Anamika
    - welcome back! You've been sorely missed.

barbie
    - I guess the main reason that I tend to avoid iceburg lettuce is the fact that it doesn't have nutritional value. Sometimes that's all you get at a restaurant, tho.

katla - can you hang the clothes up the first time you wash them? If you do this, they probably won't shrink (but you are)

pip - I'd NEVER think you were a slacker!

Janet - the rubber backing that I use is this sort of paste, but when it dries it forms the backing. We put down a rug first (for the trains at Christmas time), then this tree skirt on top of that, then the tree. Even if we use this skirt downstairs, there is carpeting down there. You know, almost every project I do, I do complete it. It's just these placemats. Probably because it's working in the round which I've never done and that seems to really confuse me, so I look for reasons not to finish it. Just this one project. Isn't this clay the absolute worst?

Jane - my heart is with you. Just think, in no time this will all be over.

Carey - I'm sure you're referring to the stuff called Fray Stop. The only thing is that this is on heavy duty canvas. I do use that stuff on x-stitch or sometimes even crochet. I just don't think this is going to be strong enough.

About the lettuce - the gal whose house I pay mahjongg at on Mondays, well, her dogs think the lettuce ribs are a real real treat. So, therefore, we have romaine and the dogs get the ribs. Honestly, thes dogs know my car when it pull up. One time I completely forgot to give them the lettuce ribs, and you should have seen the dejected looks I got!

terri
    - I've bought bananas (the overripe ones). What I do is peel them, then freeze them.

Vivian - welcome! I do believe you are the first person from Italy, but I certainly hope not the last.

donna - welcome! You're so close, you CAN do it, and we'll be here every step of the way to help you

Vicki - yea those neighbors moved.

Rita - what great news about the house in TN

Sylvia - glad they didn't find anything, but sad that they didn't find the cause of your problems

Janet - "shootin blanks"...lol

Weather absolutely beautiful today. I sprayed weed killer (boy, did those weeds grow behind the old retaining wall!), cleaned off the tables outside, took empty egg cartons to the bowling alley for a gal who I know will be there tonight, had dinner and worked a bit more on the Christmas tree skirt. Tomorrow we're supposed to go to lunch with the Newcomers.

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi all, catching up 172 posts!!!!!

Well thanks for the best wishes the BBQ went fine, and I keep repeating this is the last ever. I love the event and hate the drama gearing up to it. So that that, next year a small dinner for the seniors with no where else to go on Easter, and I am thinking a spring dinner party on a different evening, where I have control – no odd potluck items… I can make it all go together as a meal. The final head count was 16 – 2 rsvp’d on Saturday evening after 10 pm and one RSVP about 2 hours prior to the event… MANNERS where art thou? LOLOLO

Sylvia – no animal control?? Wow, so our animal control deals with dog bites, rabies and licensing also what about those things?

Beth – love the push up!!!

Lesley – how exciting!!!! Congrats to you and Blaize – I am glad he has found a forever home.

Sharon - I am glad to hear that DH is still doing counseling with you and that you are being strong about what you can and can not support with your son and his family. People say and do things not realizing that folks will never forget, might forgive but not forget.

Pip – cute picture, you look like you were having fun.

Lesley – the best investment of clothes money in a long time!!!!

Carol – I think it is ok to not log communion…. It’s been a while for me on having communion, but it wasn’t a large “meal” from the physical side of things…

Janet/Carol I can’t make the math work either…. I got them to 111 calories, by using a bit less bran and making 15 instead of 12…

Sylvia - I know this might be harsh but could you be like the cable guy next time and tell him you have a window from10-2 to clean if that works for him great, if not guess he’ll have to do it himself?

Heather – great for not having a binge without DH there! I went and measured some books and it may be different across the pond, but my paperbacks were mostly 7x4 inches

Margaret – beautiful kids, trees and fun to see a closer pic of you, The kids get there looks from Auntie.

Sylvia – great joke…

Lesley – Blaize is cute!!!

85Kurtz – welcome

Vicki – take care; when I had a boss like that I lived on Chamomile tea….

Carey – so sorry to read you are still dealing with vertigo.

Yanniejannie – glad you are taking care, and doing so well!

Lesley – Levi gets car sick too, except when he rides “shotgun” the front passenger seat… so that’s where he rides…

Orcadiangirl – welcome

Pip – really??? You a slacker????????????????? No one in their right mind could think that!!!

Viviana – welcome!

So I read everything but near the end stopped commenting…. Busy time my DN (darling nephew) stayed with me Easter night, we spent Monday together – went and saw Furious 7 at the movies, not a movie I would have picked but fun, lots of fast cars and unbelievable stunts. Went to both Lunch and Dinner out, did not do well, but did better than I might have…. Back on the wagon today. The embroidery machines have been cranking today, after limited sewing on Saturday, none on Sunday or Monday, I have stuff due…. And this weekend is my garden club’s plant sale, so I am working there from 6:30am -10:30am… it is a wild time, my garden club has 170 members and this plant sale is a HUGE fund raiser, so we all divide up plants from our yards and donate them, set up is 6:30-9am then we are open 9-1 and sell $8-$10,000 worth of plants, most of them for between $1 for a 4 inch to $10 for a 5 gallon tree, so you can tell we have thousands of plants.. I always do set up, and am exhausted after wards…. There fore I want to get enough sewing done that I can take Saturday off… we’ll see.

March goals:
    Walk every day -100%
    Log all bites everyday - 50%
    Eat slower – failure
    Plan and do a fun thing every week – 25%

April goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Eat slower
    Plan and do a fun thing every week
    Week 1 – went to Hakone gardens it is a beautiful Japanese garden established in 1917 and just amazing.
    Week 2 – Easter(?)
    Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,098 Member
    Options
    Kim thank you for the nice compliment.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: I log as I go along. I think I’m more accurate because of it and also more thoughtful about what I’m putting in my mouth since I will immediately have to write it down for posterity. Last time I looked, I was able to choose any day of this whole experience and all the information was still there.

Viviana from Milan: Welcome!

Heather: I love your author bio and warning, "Heather Eyles is the author of several books for children, including "Well I Never" and "The Trouble With Herbert". This is not a children's book." I can hardly wait to read it.

Donna: Welcome.

Rita: Congratulations on your son’s situation and the sale of your house in Tennessee! Also congratulations on your good colonoscopy. It seems that your DH’s colonoscopy may have saved his life.

Yanniejannie: Veterinary school will undoubtedly bring many changes to your DD’s life. I hope that all goes well enough that she fulfills her dreams.

Sylvia: I love today’s joke of the day. I’m glad they were able to rule out any scary blockages. Yay for getting to eat whatever you like.

Many of you will need to withdraw congratulations. I exchanged the smaller clothes for one size larger today because the armholes of the tops were uncomfortable AND I want to be able to wash all my clothes in the washer and dry them in the dryer. They fit, but not well enough for me to think I could dump them into regular laundry. I’m not unhappy and am actually pleased with myself for making a better decision.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

April Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back
    strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Evening Ladies,

Jane, I think moving proves to us that we are stronger than we think. I remember more than one where I would think that I just couldn’t go on, but then I did. My heart goes out to you but hopefully it will all be worth it.

Carol, I am picturing you as a cartoon character, running around your couch with speed lines of blur trailing behind you. Good for you on getting it done. I hope you can figure out how to get more rest. It can make such a difference in our day.

Yannie, I wish I had a magic cure for your case of “cranky and impatient”. In my old age, I so rarely get bored, but I guess part of it is that I know I can go and do whatever I want. Being restricted makes it worse. I did get a chuckle about you could do more if you had heart surgery. At least you still have your sense of humor. (((Hugs)))

Terri, I’m glad to hear you try to throw things with your toes and laugh at yourself. I do things that I laugh at all the time. DH says he’s glad I can amuse myself.

Viviana, you are certainly welcome here, regardless of being a young one. It is a very supportive group of ladies and you will pick up lots of information as well. Someone posted a bran muffin recipe that I have been using for breakfast.
    1 box sugar free Brownie Mix
    3 cups wheat bran or oat bran
    1 egg
    1 ½ cups of water.
    I have become addicted to them and they have somewhere around 112 calories. Hope this helps.

Heather, I am so proud and excited for you on all the progress with the book. You rock!

Donna, welcome to this group of very supportive ladies. Tell us a bit about yourself. How long have you been using MFP? Come often and chat when you want.

Vicki, I was afraid that might be the case with the supervisor’s boss. That’s too bad. Is he the one that hired/promoted her? I think you did the wise thing by volunteering to help with schedules for now. At least you get to work when you want and there won’t be shifts left uncovered. Good for you.

Rita, good that you sold your house in TN. Bad that you have to pay at closing but better than keeping it for months and months. Been there/done that. Enjoy that vacation to go to the closing and visit your daughter and BFF. You are closing on my birthday so I’ll think of you. I hope things calm down for you. Good on the colonoscopies for you and DH. Obviously he needed it.

Yannie, I hope the meeting helps you get your mind off things at home. I know how you feel about your daughter as she sounds much like mine. I just wonder what she would have done if we hadn’t been in a position to help? Feel better and rant any time.

Sylvia, so glad to hear that you survived your hose job. And a big Congrats on being able to eat right again. I do wish they knew what's causing your problems. ROFL, love the joke. You are the bomb!

Lesley, life with Blaize sounds wonderful. I hope DH wasn’t too upset about the wakeup call.

Michele, the Romaine lettuce ribs are my favorite part. I think because its crisp. I cut the leafs down the middle of the rib so I get some in more bites. Isn’t it strange the different things we do and like? It sounds like you had a busy and productive day. Good for you.

Katla, if you’re happy with exchanging the clothes, then I’m happy. I have to force myself to buy things a bit snugger than I normally wear because I keep under-growing them. And I plan to keep losing! But tight armholes would not be comfy so I’m with you.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Most of my smaller size bras that I have been able to wear are now too big. So I went shopping today and let the lady measure me. I started in a 44 back in Oct. 2014 and now am wearing a 38. Woo hoo If they only made training bras in a 38 that is probably what I’d be wearing. I think I know where at least 30 of my lost pounds came from. Oh well, who needs boobs?

Thought for the day:
    Once you control your mind
    you can conquer your body.
    Stop telling yourself you can't.
    You are the only person stopping you

Have a wonderful night and day, ladies.

words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Yeah - finished getting everything ready to take personal taxes to the accountant. Back to work tomorrow.

More flooring went down - pretty easy.

Even got in 2 walks with the dogs today - I even seen the sun. So nice to walk in just shoes!!

Night my friends, or good morning.
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    CynthiaT60hope you feel better soon.

YanniejannieGetting a break from a frustrating situation can be such a help. Glad you got to a meeting.

Terri-momfinding the balance between encouraging independence and being supportive is a hard one. Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into your actions.

Peachstategal Props for calling tech support and for being able to follow their directions! I often struggle to understand exactly what tech support is asking me to do.

[Mollywhippit/b]I am what nurses call a hard stick. Some are clearly better than others. The digging around is the worst.

Lestan48Thanks for the story about Blaze waking up Stan. Usually sit the heavy boy cat that jumps on my DH or me to wake us up in the AM.

Barbiecatglad your having a good day.

PipWhen I read what you do in a day, I think I would need to spread it over the week to survive. BTW wondering what is a spin class. I'm thinking it's either similar moves to a whirling dervish or part of a textile course. Guess I better Google it.
  • pattilou2
    pattilou2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Retired from 30 years federal service 27 March and am dedicating time now "for me". Getting back on MFP to strengthen my resolve of getting healthy. Targeting a 30-50 pound loss.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Another early morning for me. Just wanted to pop in before I start my strength training to say that I got a reply to my text to DS#1 to say he was OK. He had been feeling low and had taken a week off work, (I had a feeling that was the case), but was going back tomorrow and would get to my cover.
    I feel sorry he is so low, but I know he is doing everything he can to support himself - therapy, meds, etc. The company he designs for is very good to him. He puts on weight when he is depressed and that doesn't help as he is happiest when he is in good shape and attractive women are after him! :noway: One of the problems is that he has been through a lot of relationships as he doesn't want children. :cry: He is a little Aspergers in my opinion and I find it difficult to spend a long time with him, though I love him dearly. I am going up to see him on the 29th, just for one night, but that should be good for us and he will feel that I made the effort. As everyone in the family lives in London and the South he often feels neglected up in Nottingham.

Love to all. As I rambled on I am now too late for training so will take DH up a cup of tea and do it after the machines.

Heather UK . Beautiful weather here.
    27681614.png
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, they say to put that awful stuff in Gatorade because the Gatorade replaces a lot of the electrolytes that the powder takes out during the cleanse. So glad you got through it ok but it is also frustrating to you that they haven't found out what is causing all of this. Maybe he is telling you to go back to your regular diet to see if one of your foods is a trigger to the problem. Loved the joke. But did you hear the story about the real dog that caught the bus every day to go to the park? He knew exactly what bus to catch, when it came and when to get off. The people on the boss always loved him, he was always very quite and they never charged him anything.

Barbie, for my salads, I just use the iceberg lettuce as a filler. I eat a lot of veggies in it with very little dressing.

Naomi, if you don't mind answering, what kind of job do you do that you have to do all these reports and presentations. Sounds real busy and quite important!

Janet, I thought the correct time to deliver babies was during the night!!!! LOL. But my doctor was never on call. I had both of them with the doctor on call delivering them. During all my office visits, they asked me if I wanted to see the other doctors also so I could get used to them but I said no. If the practice trusted them then so did I. At that stage of delivery, you just want some one to catch your baby. Now the one who delivered Michelle was a little rough. Both my girls were little, 6 pounds 1/2 ounce and the other was 5 pounds 10 ounces and both were 19 inches. My sister's daughter was 4 pounds 2 ounces. All of our kids were full term, in fact mine were born on their exact due date. But this guy didn't like how small Michelle was. So he quized and lectured me the whole time he was sewing me up, you know , down below, on how much caffiene I took in. He even called me I liar for denying having no more than a rare glass of tea.

Carol NC, I never could figure out how to start my sleep on my Fit bit itself. I would just note what time I laid down and then go into the fit bit website and maually enter the time I went to bed and got up.

Yannie, I just looked it up on my dictionary on my iPad and frozen section isn't there. OK, I just looked it up on Google and it is there but called frozen section biopsy. Sounds like you and your husband either have different priorities regarding your daughter or you two just need to communicate better on how to financially help her.

Rita, I counted 6 good things going on and 3 bad things. So you're doing something right!!!

Michele, I do have another Tidy Cat litter container but it is my emergency medicine box. Usually insurance will let you reorder medicines at week 3 instead of 4. So I always reorder all my meds early and then keep on putting the extra medicines in the Tidy cat box. I occasionally get the box out and combine pill bottles so that all the old ones are in one bottle. Then when I get a full months of a medicine built up, when I reorder I switch from the new medicine to the one i have saved up. I also have a bottle of all my vitamins, Tylenol, Advil, etc. We have never been in any kind of emergency but If we are in a situation like in a tornado, flood, I have an extra month supply of all of our medicine. My husband thinks I am silly but I know how important all of his and my medicines are. I wouldn't want him to do without his heart medicine, or my neuropathy, stomach, bladder or even his Nitro pills.

Katla, that is a real healthy view of why you took back your new clothes. Good for you.

My ex son in law couldn't hold a job either. So he joined the National Guard. I guess that was the kind of discipline he needed because he thrived in it. Saw 3 tours in Iraq. He also felt that it was the best way to support Michelle since he couldn't keep a job when he wasn't in Iraq. I also wear socks to bed. Some time during the night they come off. Have no idea when or how but they are always on the floor and not in the bed. I think I do it when I get up to go to the potty.

bedtime for Bozo here, Joyce, Indiana

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Following asleep as I get caught up so here's some thoughts:

Terri - In Canada it is law that there be no expiry date on Gift Certificates or Gift Cards.

Sassy - That baby is cuteness itself.

For salads I use mainly dosage of iceberg and romaine. My taste buds abhor Kale.
    Picking up marbles with my toes was part of my PT exercise . I told my friends I could prove I had all my marbles . Could they?

Had supper out with my son last night. We talked about a lot of things last night and I really hope he actually heard me.

Counselling session dug up some really old crap that I didn't really want to deal with but know I have to as it has affected the marriage. My main objective is to have a marriage that I want to be in. The three of us on Monday.

Day off today and I used it productively. Sun shone so nicely today. I had a couple of walks. Southern Alberta where on Sunday you wear a winter jacket and Wednesday you wear capris.

Just found out my brother has shingles. Just what he needs with all the other problems. I told him to get the shot but I guess he never got around to it. Hope he doesn't suffer with it too much.

-Sharon in Lethbridge (Maybe our spring has sprung?)
  • Vivi6530
    Vivi6530 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ciao Wonderful Ladies!
    Thanks so much for welcoming me here.
    I started yesterday my personal challenge and, despite the fact I had to skip the gym as I was stucked in a meeting, my carb craving could have been worse.
    My issue is that I have some trouble sleeping so I wake up almost every night at 3.00am, stay awake till 5.00am, then sleep till 7.00am and go to work. Sometimes melatonin helps, other times I am awake and that's it.
    Once I was a night eater, now I am resisting.
    Is anybody following a low carb or ketogenic diet?
    Thanks and ciao from Sunny Italy (finally...we had a terrible winter).
    Viviana
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    Hi all ... And to Viviana ..love your inset pix ..very apt for my Minions post!
    Just had to put this one on...j0qbwvnujdaw.jpg
    How true!xxx
    Jackie W
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, loved the joke! :)
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone,

Up early w/DH as he gets ready to leave for work. Using leftover ham for a sandwich for his lunch.

Thinking I'll go back to bed, since I've only gotten about 5 hours overnight. Easy schedule today. Working from home, and taking a friend to the airport as she leaves for Israel tonight. We're planning to stop for dinner at a Brazilian Restaurant. So I better save some calories although these restaurants usually specialize in barbecued and roasted meats. Thinking I'll have no problem reaching my protein goal.