WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2015

Options

Replies

• dia_nruf
    dia_nruf Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

I saw this and thought it funny. Hope you enjoy it.

32tr593nlyen.jpg

Beth in sunny maine
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter!! Well I am working today so not able to enjoy the beautiful weather. I get off at 4:30pm so hoping to get a walk in with the fur babies. Last evening we went to a hockey game. Our CMA group was one of the sponors so got tickets cheap ($8). It was a fun evening only didn't get home until 11:30 so made for a short night having to get up at 4:30. DH is going to Kansas today with DS and DSIL. His sisters down there are having dinner. So I am hoping to get to bed early tonight. I did over eat at the game last evening. Today not feeling the best, so trying to do better.
    Mom is back in the hospital. Only this time in the town where my sister lives. All the meds they gave her at Kearney took out the good with the bad and she was bleeding from her colon walls. They had to give her 2 more units of blood. She is getting intesne PT so she can be well enough to go to her own home later this month.

Michelle--Good NSV putting the cookies back after only one!!
    Allison--How wounderful for DB & DN. Sending prayers all goes well. Hope your house remodel goes well and quick.
    Tracie in Wisonsin--Welcome, I think I may have to borrow you #7 goal. Looking for the postive is something I really have to work on.
    yanniejannie--So glad it is over.
    Kim--HUGS I agree I just don't get it.
    Jane--Just take it One Day at a Time. Moving is so stressful.
    Chris--Congrates on One year cigarette and Nicotine gum free. Doing a Happy Dance.
    Mary--I hope your trip is everything you are planning for.
    Katiebug--Sorry to hear you are not feeling the best. Sending HUGS.
    Katla--Love your letter to Easter Bunny.

Pipcd--Thanks for sharing the beautiful picture of your fur babies.

Joyce--Sure hope you feel better soon. You take care of you.

Lesley--Congrates on your new fur baby. Sounds like a good fit.

Well have a good day and remember the reason for the day!
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    morning peepheads. we got me a ro=emote keyboard for my ipad!! much faster now. gotta go ride to brunch. type to nu later.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Loralou: Welcome to a great group! Are you just starting and keeping to 1200? I had to work my way down to 1200 and it took months. MFP started me with many more calories than that and they gradually decreased as my weight dropped.

Barbie: You’re lucky to have seen the eclipse. Congratulations!

Pip: Your fur babies are glorious. Happy Easter.

Sylvia: I’m happy to hear that your son and his kids are moving to a better place at last. Yay! I love today’s joke.

Michele: I don’t think we play chicken foot Mexican Train. I don’t even know what it is. I was the big loser last night. It was fun anyway.

Kim: Thanks for the update on Mimi. I really like her. I’m sorry that she’s embarrassed to come back. Give her my regards the next time you are in touch.

Lesley: Congratulations on rescuing Blaize! Happy Easter to you both! He sounds like a very sweet dog.

Beth in sunny Maine: Thanks for the smile this morning. I have already had chocolate. I saved the Cadbury Egg for DDIL.

DDIL is here this weekend, and we really enjoy her company. Yesterday we went to Portland for lunch, a visit to Saturday Market, and a stop at REI. I enjoyed every moment except lunch. We went to Dan & Louie’s Oyster Bar, a Portland fixture. DH and DDIL loved their meals of oyster stew and clam chowder respectively, but mine was not okay. I can’t have milk or cream, and the salad I ordered was a disappointment. I won’t be hurrying back there. I didn’t eat my salad, and ended up eating an elephant ear. :embarassed: :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

April Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back
    strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,821 Member
    Options
    morning all.
    Happy Easter to all who celebrate...
    They will not finish the bathroom today more work than they thought..I was out mowing on the riding mower picking up debris.. have ham in the oven.. dog on my lap
    tired.. but ok
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ihria8v8o72b.jpg
    Mimosa #1
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hubby just offered to go to the store for me! It's an Easter miracle! Now it'll be fun to see what he comes back with. I'd bet he won't stick to the list. He had to go to Walmart because the local grocery store is closed today, so he could come back with anything! He has a huge sweet tooth.

• SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Well, I made the mistake of refreshing my browser window and now I have the same problem with pictures not resizing that a number of you are having. It turns out that it is a bug that has recently been discovered in the forums and MFP and their partners are looking for a solution but do not have any timeline as to when it will be corrected. They think that the Chrome browser may not be impacted. Here's the link to the article: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/11589113-ginormous-pictures
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Yea!! you are right. It comes out fine on Google Chrome. :D
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have had a few bad days and now I am terribly behind all of you. I will try to catch myself up soon.
    It's been so busy with bouts of whatever this really is (silent reflux? maybe), counselling with DH, questionnaires, work, and my son making some really poor decisions that I can't supported. He is an adult, it's his family and his 10 + year relationship. I may some day forgive her for some of the damage that she has done and is still doing. I will never forget.
    I will never trust her.
    Going to go do my new WII Dance, read my bible and have a bubble bath. There is an Easter Egg Hunt out on our friend's farm. My late friend, Lynn, loved hosting it every year. Good things the eggs aren't being left white.
    Made it through page 1.
    Goals for April
    -Check blood sugar levels every day
    -Eat breakfast consistently
    -Get back to having 4-5 serving of vegetables every day
    - Journal each day
    - Do a fun activity each day.
    I will have to check back for my March goals and let you know how I did.
    Happy Easter to all
    Sharon in Winter Wonder Land (aka Lethbridge)
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter or just plain Sunday! Stayed in yesterday but heading over to the park in just a few minutes to walk around. I'm going to start with the intention of a "stroll" but we'll see how long that lasts.

I ate too much yesterday but at least it was healthy stuff. Got a good start going today with plans to keep it going.

Went to church today (didn't go last week because I really dislike Easter cantatas--too much darkness for someone who struggles with Springtime depression) but didn't get to enjoy the service. My volunteer for my ministry area was also on tap for serving communion so I did it instead. So, guess what! I ended up serving communion, too! Nothing like walking in the door and being recruited to immediately walk down the aisle.

I made my chocolate bran muffins yesterday. Yummy!!! I went ahead and found a similar recipe for banana muffins that I may bake later today. It will be fun to have those in the freezer for when I have a sweet craving or just something different for breakfast/snack.

I'm off to the park. Have a great day!'

Carol in beautifully sunny NC
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter to u all.Went to church for a nice brunch and service,back to packing,sooooo sore.
    HUGS jane
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    gym closed
    bike hm 2 brunch @ jonnys dock w/kirby - 11.48min, 14.4amph, 2.8mi = 88cal
    bike jonny's dock 2 REI - 21.05min, 9.8amph, 3.4mi = 226cal
    bike REI 2 hm - 5.23min, 10.1amph, .9mi = 47cal
    walk Yogi round school track throw ball = 2mi = 177mi
    total cal 538
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :D I am delighted that I can read this on Google Chrome and not have to deal with scrolling across the page to read all the posts.

:D I didn't log food or exercise yesterday because of going out of town with my friend and deciding to have a one day break from my usual plans. I always have my pedometer so I know that logged 21,000 steps. The farthest away I got from my usual eating was a 12 inch tuna sandwich on flatbread at Subway. I brought most of my own food and ate only yogurt and granola from the food served at the event. It was late for me by the time we got back and I was exhausted. I woke up not too early and was ready to tackle the day starting with walking the dogs. I did my weight training this morning so I am currently on track with that goal.

:D We don't celebrate Easter so we had none of those challenges today but Jake wanted to go to our favorite Chinese restaurant for lunch.....I brought home half of my chicken with broccoli and brown rice and I'll finish it for supper.

:D:D:D Lesley, I am so happy for you and Blaize and your husband....enjoy your new family member

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif smiley-happy093.gif

April Resolutions
    *15,000 steps a day--fewer than before so I can spend more time with strength training and garden puttering
    * strength training twice a week--same as last month smiley-sport017.gif
    *finish sorting the slides
    *don't take things personally
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

oops, I goofed and posted the same thing twice, so I hit the edit button and deleted the duplicate stuff

• pipcd34
    Options
    no gym today. i just looked at our pic more closedly and boy do we look ruff. no effort in combing hair, makeup,clothing,why boher, w are on our biks. had 3 mimsa's and food, i think that will be my ony meal for the day.
  • starofsky
    starofsky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello team MFP I am new to the group but have been using the app for over a year and swear by it. It works and I wish I had something like it for the rest of my life. I need help with motivation please to continue my fat loss and get rid of the fat around my lower ab. I am starofsky
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Loralou: I'm at 1200 calories as well. You are probably as vertically challenged as I am. I'm only 4' 11" and I haven't been active for a long time. I've been astounded at how many calories there are in items. I'm getting better with portion sizes and choosing lower calorie items. It just takes practice. Walking is a great exercise.

Pip: Those babies are adorable... can't wait to get one myself.

Joyce: Hope you feel better soon

Janet: I am trying a lot of new foods. I'm amazed at what I'm learning especially about myself. Getting healthy is a journey in many ways :smile:

Lesley
    : Congratulations on Blaize. He's one lucky fella!

Sharon: Take care of you.

Thought for the day: "There is one thing I have never taught my body how to do and that is to figure out at 6 A.M. what it wants to eat at 6 P.M." - Erma Bombeck

I managed to get my menu planning done! Let's hope it's what I'll want to eat when the day arrives. :laugh:

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Sunday.

Carey - Edmonton
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Lesley .... Congratulations! I am looking forward to the photo of Blaize!

Sylvia ... my mental picture of you coaxing a scared dog out of traffic was not pretty! Your soft heart is going to get you into trouble ....

Kim ... hope the dinner was successful. Tell Mimi to get herself back here! Like none of us has ever regained!! Sheesh!

I kid you not ... it snowed all day today in Buffalo ... probably an inch or so ....
    I ate way, way more than I should have ... dang Easter Bunny!
    But tomorrow I'll be back on!

Beth in WNY

• Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Monday morning
    $70 dog bed NOPE he slept on the sofa all night. NO accidents. Walked him round the garden and was a good boy. Made his breakfast while I made mine. Sticking to what it says on can for meat. He ate everything. Taking him to beach so sample sand and sea.
    We will take photos of him today and post later.
    Shops tomorrow and find a bones for him. He plays fetch with a ball and Stan, so funny.
    I spent $260 of saved clothes money on Blaize my new walking companion yee haw!
    Have done Wii Gold's boxing before breakfast = 234 cals and food = 1657. NEED to get back into gear again
    NO idea what happened with 4 posts yesterday
    Visited neighbour Susan yesterday and he played nice with her 2 dogs, Susan just sat and laughed at them gambolling around
    Lesley in Tasmania