WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2015

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,828 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    a quick hidee ho..
    going grocery shopping.. more crash banging here today.
    brother called me last night and it was a good visit, they both hugged each other and poor Sean said he held on for about 10 minutes.... they went to a pizza place and talked for a good long while didnt step into uncharted waters,and will try and get together next week ,my nephew is doing plumbing and hvac sooo he is super busy...
    but I am soooooooo happy that this happened .such a boost for my brother and alot of healing for both of them...
    well off to grocery shopping I pray I make some correct choices.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Seeing building woes by some of us…unfortunately I can join that group. Our new neighbors upstairs have been breaking through walls, drilling in the floor etc. This was supposed to go on through May but now they say June! And it’s from 7:30 a.m. until sometimes 5 p.m.! Really awful, and my dog's having a hard time too with all the noise. Arrrgggh….

Alison: great news on your brother and nephew!

Katla: what exactly do they mean by a bruised leg? If it’s a tendon injury they should be talking months, not weeks.

Jannieyannie: yay! Take care of yourself (a little spoiling is good!) and keep us posted.

Kim: ((hugs))

Jane!! I feel for you. Maybe try to look forward to the moment when everything’s done?

Slept OK but kept having to turn over because lying on each hip hurt. Feel as though I might be getting a cold. I hope not; haven’t been sick all winter. Going to get my hair cut in a few minutes.

Hope we all have a good day.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

54053224.png

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Not sure how I managed my exercise this morning, but I somehow got through the full 600 calories. Phew!
    We waited until DB and DSIL had had breakfast with us and had gone. Breakfast was the last of my homemade crumpets (delicious) , muesli and fruit salad. Everyone was in very good spirits and they said they had very much enjoyed staying at this hotel and next time would book for a whole weekend! :laugh: They lead a very, very hectic life and find our quiet and ordered house in the green countryside very calming and relaxing.
    Didn't add up yesterday's calories, but didn't eat too much. Lots of things I just tasted. The dips were the stars and have some avocado one left for lunch today. I had just a crumb of the macarons. No truffles. There is a small bit of cheese left (it was hoovered up as I predicted) so will finish that. I haven't added up the alcohol cals. Never mind. Today is a new day and it's prawns for dinner.

Quiet day today. My yoga friend, who was coming over on Monday, has developed a really bad cough, so she isn't coming. Feel a bit flat, but I'm sure that's just the hangover. I can get on with my book or do some freezer cooking.

Love to all. Jane I hope your move goes well. :flowerforyou:

Heather, drinking a coffee, in Hampshire UK
    27681614.png
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

A quick hello before I start the long drive back.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Heather - Yes today is a new day, congrats on the awesome party. I am drinking a coffee with you. And I would add that emoticon if I could find it....

Looks like it will be a beautiful day out. The snow they forecasted hasn't arrived yet. So if I just get up and get my butt moving I will get something done inside so I can walk outside a couple of times....and then there is a curling game to watch too.....goodness , hope I get it all in.

Have a great day everyone
    Lillian in west Central Saskatchewn
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! We are on our way to Carthage Missouri, they are in a flood advisory. Hopefully we will be able to get to the Precious Moments Chapel. Then on to Texas yee haw!

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    Lillian - you can use the BBCode to get the drinker. It's a colon : followed by the word drinker then another colon. No spaces. :drinker:
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday ! ! !

Luckily the mold was mostly on the linoleum and glue (and a little section of kick-board), so only a small section of the sub-floor needs to be replaced. But it is my job to dispose of the moldy linoleum, so it is still in my garage (probably until next weekend when I don't work). His girlfriend joined him later in the evening and plans on helping today, so they should get plenty done (especially since DH is at work until 7pm, I'm at work until noon, and DS is at bowling and baseball most of the day).

Against my desires, I gave up my third cup of coffee and replaced it with sugarfree ice tea, and also gave up my cheese (cheese or chocolate makes everything taste better), and finally broke my plateau, by 0.6 lb. Yay ! ! ! I also tried on the skort, and I'm thinking about taking it back for an even smaller size. I think I'll just keep it, since we are going out for dinner before both concerts, and I want to be comfortable. I'm a little perplexed, because I bought a $50 gift certificate and can't find it; I can't keep paper, it just disappears in my presence.

Chris - congrats on a year tabacco-free. I hope your new vise is a healthy one :)

Allison - I hope your renovations are smooth.

Now, time to cut coupons and do my paperwork for work.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Morning Ladies,

Naiomi, sorry about the presentation but like you said, try not to dwell on it. Always looking forward to better and better days and no regrets on things we cannot change, is a good way to live life.

Michele, I am worn out just thinking about your hour on the rebounder. Way to go! OMG and then all the other things you did. I think I need a nap just from reading it all. :s
    Mary, have safe travels and enjoy your walk down memory lane. How long ago did DH propose? I mean, you can wear the same outfit! Woo hoo.

Joyce, even though it was an exhausting day, I’m sure it was worth it to see Ellie in her new environment. Hope you got a good night’s rest.

Lillian, the scrapbooking retreat sounds like a great get-a-way. It will be nice to know the painting is finished when you go.

Allison, thanks for the wonderful report on your DB and his son. Ya just never know when situations will improve or what tomorrow brings. I do love a happy ending (or in this case, new beginning).

Jane, your hotel does sound very inviting. How far in advance do we need to make reservations? :p I love a relaxing atmosphere. I’m so happy for you that the visit was a success. You stay away from those people with sickness, cause we don’t want you getting sick.

Terri, A BIG Congrats on breaking your plateau. That is so exciting when we've been looking at the scale in the same place for too long. Way to go!!

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

It is overcast here with a 30% chance of rain, but nice temperatures, so no complaints. I got up almost an hour earlier than normal today, so ready to tackle the closet in the guest room. It is almost full of Christmas decorations that I don't normally keep in the attic. We so seldom have houseguests so this is a great incentive to get things organized. I hope you all have a happy and productive day, my friends.

Thought for the day:
    Dear Easter Bunny,
    This year could you please fill
    my eggs with health and happiness
    and deliver them to everyone
    that I love. Thanks

My word #1 is savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.

#2 is opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    :s
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morn.We have a beautiful ,sunny Saturday with temps to be in the 60's & same for tomorrow.

We had new Easter outfits & remember a lot of cold,rainy,snowy times when we had to cover up with winter coats. Hated that!....can't show off pretty dresses wearing a coat. :/

Mary from Minn,my Sis lives in St. Cloud.Have a great trip. Flowers will be blooming in Tx.

Kim,one or two things we both enjoy about getting older. Life being only as busy as we want it to be leads the list.Family Dr tells Sr patients to " live your life".We are good at that. :)
    For whatever reason,some ppl choose to be a pain .I choose to stay away from them & don't waste my thoughts on coulda/shoulda,Only DDs & DH has that power. Thankfully they are great ppl. Hugs for you ...post is cut off.....no time to redo
  • velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oh Barbie cat so happy to see your top post ! I'm back , tail between legs ,I knew maintaining would be hard & proved even harder than I thought . Realized it was a lost cause without MFP .April Spring time to start fresh again .
    Pledge to go dust off Fitbit & be more consistent in my workouts . No leaving them for the end of the day !
  • velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    & I live in Los Angeles ,but spend a lot of time on the East Coast in NYC & RI .
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot. Feeling kind of blah. Happy Saturday to all.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Terri - congrats on getting over your plateau! and weight loss!

Janet - same shirt, much smaller jean skirt! I was about the same weight as now, but the strong lift 5 X 5 has really tightened and shrunk my body. My DH won't know the difference in the skirts. Have fun spring cleaning!

Pat - thanks, you have a nice day it sounds like spring is here! I can hardly wait to see flowers!

We're going through Kansas City, Missouri, I can see green grass! Thats what I'm talking about! Yea!

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Slept in this AM. After breakfast getting ready for funeral #2. I'm sad this lovely lady has died but I know she is at peace. Her Easter will be extra special. I havn't been back to this church for a few years. I was employed there for 15yrs. I left when there was a staff change so the new person could step into her position and establish herself. Within 2weeks of my leaving my Mother died. I must say I miss the folks and have not yet found my new church to be quite home. Well as they say today's visit is not about me.

Just trying to face my feelings so I don't burry them under a lot of food.

I am really enjoying reading about everyone's Easter plans.

KimSounds like you've got a real positive attitude and a good plan.Good for you.

Lillymay210k twice -that's impressive. I have never got to 10k. I have come close about 8k+ So props to you.

Well DH has reminded me we at leaving in 25 min so I better get moving.

Naiomi2015 From sunny and 51F Massachusetts
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janet from Myrtle Beach SC: I love this thought for the day:
    Dear Easter Bunny,
    This year could you please fill
    my eggs with health and happiness
    and deliver them to everyone
    that I love. Thanks

Thanks for sharing!

Cynthia: I assume they are not worried about tendons on the horse I ride. My teacher says she took the horse to the best horse vet in the area and Tucker is her baby. She wouldn’t compromise his health for anything.

I just thought of Mimi. We haven’t heard from her in a long time. Does anyone know how she is doing?

DDIL came yesterday and we had grilled salmon for dinner. It was very good, if I do say so myself. We played Mexican Train into the night and had a good time. Today we plan to go to Portland Saturday Market and to have lunch at Dan & Louie’s Oyster Bar. My dad took me there when I was a kid, and I think he first went when he was a teen or a very young man. I have many good memories from there. It is right across the alley from Voo-Doo Donuts. I don’t know whether we’ll splurge on a donut or not, but rather doubt it.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

April Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back
    strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png

• edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter

I hope to spend some time on this site this month. I haven't been here for awhile.

Eileen near San Diego
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    A quick hi... I am finally feeling some better. I made myself rest yesterday and I think that helped. The park is very busy today--I hope it will settle down later so that I can go take a leisurely walk (I want/need to be outside and moving but I don't want to stress my body in to feeling worse again). I'm planning to take it easy today and putter around the house doing little stuff like laundry and dusting.

Kim-I wish you lived here! I would love to have a caring friend nearby.

Jan- I'm so glad the surgery went well!

Michele- I figured out that I must have gotten the wrong Hodgson oat bran because the chocolate muffins would have been somewhere around 350 calories each. I googled it and found I should use Kelloggs All Bran cereal--they turn out closer to 100-150 that way.

Good luck to those of you having home repairs done. Be careful about those multiple layers of flooring--be sure there is no asbestos flooring involved!

Jane-Good luck with the move! I hope it goes more smoothly than you anticipate.

And, that's about as far as my brain remembers....

Hope everyone has a good day with healthy choices!

Carol in NC
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    YannieJannie: So glad the surgery is over. Take your time recovering.

Heather: Glad the dinner party went really well. I'd like the hotel too!

Chris: Congrats on the anniversary of being nicotine free.

Sylvia: Glad you have somewhere safe to shelter. Love the jokes :laugh:

Rori: I'm with you can't believe how much I'm cooking these days.

Michele: I'm amazed at how much you get accomplished in a day. It's a good thing you have a nice picture on your profile or I'd be visualizing a energizer bunny. :smile:

Janet: Sounds like GD is setup. Yay!

Lillian: 10,000 steps... Awesome!!! The game between Canada and Norway was so close... (sigh) Watching Sweden vs Finland as we speak.

Terri: Perseverance pulverizes plateaus. (How's that for an alliteration?) Yabba Dabba!

Janet: Hope you get some of those eggs from the Easter Bunny too.

Katla: Have fun walking down memory lane.

Managed to get some of my menu planning done yesterday. Will get more done today between curling games. My nephew and girlfriend came over last night and had supper with me. Lot's of compliments on my cooking. I'm beginning to think I'm a better cook that I thought. Lot's of compliments lately..who'd a thunk it? Dizziness seems to be easing off.. here's hoping it disappears completely!

Thought for the day: A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Have a great day ladies,

Carey - Edmonton
  • loralou1571
    loralou1571 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif 569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif 1461351h0otf8hco5.gif 194904olsgis3xqe.gif

It's a brand new month for all of us who are committed to making healthy eating and exercise a way of life.

The name of the thread is Women ages 50+ but all women are welcome to be part of this supportive and encouraging community.

If you had goals for March, how did you do?

What goals have you set for April?

This thread has been around for a long time and there are many of us who have changed our lives as the result of reading and being part of this community.

Sign your post with your name or alias and your geographic location so we can get to know each other better.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif smiley-happy093.gif

March Resolutions (with end of the month comments)
    *walk 19,000 steps a day (only missed a few days when I was sick)
    *strength training twice a week smiley-sport017.gif (missed a lot of time because of traveling and illness)
    * find and use two new low sodium recipes (yes)
    *finish sorting the slides (will have to finish next month)
    *don't expect praise or recognition (yes)

April Resolutions
    *15,000 steps a day--fewer than before so I can spend more time with strength training and garden puttering)
    * strength training twice a week--same as last month smiley-sport017.gif
    *finish sorting the slides
    *don't take things personally

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future