WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2015

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did 50 minutes of a band DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do some training games on the Wii.

Jess, Kris and Colby came here late last night.

After exercising went to WalMart, but forgot to get candles for Colby. I didn't now his birthday was Thursday! Well, I have that ice cream cake and we have some candles in the house. I was going to get him the trick candles but totally forgot to get them.

Got some Krispy Kreme donuts and had one. You know something? It really didn't taste good at all. Came home and had some granola for breakfast.

Mary - how sweet of you to be at the chapel. You bring tears to my eyes

Kim - my vote is to have Heather make your dinner next year

Joyce - how wonderful of you to share your brownie (could you do anything else?) but the added benefit that you didn't have much is fantastic!

Margaret - drive safely

terri - congrats on overcoming that nasty plateau

naiomi - :(

katla - I was just thinking of mimi the other day! when you play Mexican Train, do you play chicken foot?

Carol - I do hope you get to walk today. It's such a beautiful day

Well, had our Easter dinner. I know that I went over, but I also know that I'll get back on the straight and narrow tomorrow. I'd bought the ice cream cake and just last night found out that it was Colby's birthday Thurs so we used that to celebrate his birthday. I bought a small one and it was all gone. In a way I wish I'd gotten a larger one so people could have had a bigger slice. But on the other hand I'm glad it's all gone and there aren't any leftovers to be calling my name. Gave the rest of the lamb to Jessica to take home. I know how expensive lamb is and she likes it. I do think it was a bit well done, but it was a good cut of meat and wasn't dry at all.

OK, I just refreshed this page and now I have to scroll all the way across the page to read an entire post. Seems to happen when a picture is posted. At least that's the way I find it.

Not sure what time Jess is planning to leave tomorrow.

Michele in NC

Now I'm having trouble posting
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, love the joke. :D At least you rescued the dog from the busy street. You can only do so much.

Pip, I just want to make sure you aren't slacking. I see you only burned 3 times as many calories as I did today. lol

Janet
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Pipcd34 Your kids are beautiful!

Janemartin02Keep at it! The packing had a beginning and it has an end. You'll get there.

Lestan48Have to tell you my Mom was named Mildred. Two of my colleagues foster rescue dogs before they find their forever homes. You are doing a good thing

Jmkmommi am often surprises by how many calories is in resturant food. I though I was being careful today & ended up eating 1k at the repast following the funeral. I even passed on a few high calorie items.
  • naiomi2015
    Options
    I guess I must of written two much. Some of my post got lost in cyberspace.

I wanted to say that the funeral was a lively tribute, and very inspiring. My friend sons have grown into fine young men. They are surrounded by loving aunts and uncles in addition to caring church folks and friends.

I got to see the older folks of whom I had grain very fond. The kids who were in my Sunday School class have become young adults.

It was good to have my DH by my side all day. Although the past 2days have been hard, I am going to bed tonight with a very thankful heart.

Naiomi2015 from 34F Massachusetts on a beautiful moonlit night.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Alison – such good news, this could be healing yet tough for both…

Cynthia – yuck on the construction!!!! Sorry to hear that.

Heather – glad all went so well and the B, B&D (and dinner) was such a hit!

Terri – good luck on finding the gift certificate – would it be a credit card type instead of a paper? Many places here are doing a gift card….

Katla – Love the note to the Easter Bunny… I got in touch with Mimi about Feb. and she seemed to have gained and be too embarrassed to come back… I assured her we were not like that…but we each need to find our own way.

Carol – I wish we lived closer too! Great hint with the All Bran, I made them with a oat bran and they are good but higher in calories…

Loralou – welcome, 1200 can be hard at first, I needed to lose enough that MFP eased me into 1200…. Thank goodness for that. I have done just walking and gardening as my exercise this year, and am beginning to work on faster walking and hills, some floor exercises are in my future, I can’t afford a gym or equipment but some of the Ladies do DVDs with a lot of success.

Sylvia – what a great job in rescueing the dog, too bad there was no where to put him, we had a dog like that in our neighborhood I finally would catch him and take him to the spca and give them the name and phone number of the owners, they had to pay a fine to get him back, after 3 times in one week they fixed the fence, and she has not gotten out sense… I hated to do it, but did not hate it as much as the idea of the pup getting hurt.

So today was absolutely crazy!!! Went to the grocery store for a few forgotten things, made 30 cresent rolls, a jello salad, cleaned the house, washed windows, cleaned the garage, edged the lawn (the mow and blow guy came) set up the back patio, prepped the BBQ and the Turkey, talked to a few folks including 2 who were not invited but called to tell me they were coming. This is so not happening next year. – you all remind me if I forget next year how bad this is – went to the bank, got gas, fed the neighbors cat, and am dealing with my baby Levi who mid day started to limp, I am thinking he just landed wrong on his foot, as he was playing ball with the mow and blow guy…. But I am monitoring him. I also spread 2 bags of wood chips, a bag of mulch, planted 6 plants, finished placing some field stone, and put in gravel around it. (picture tomorrow). So tomorrow at 2:30 I should have 15 for dinner, we’ll see.. and it has not rained since feb. but guess what tomorrow there is a 70% chance of rain!!!!!!!!!! OMG So I live in a small house 3 bed/2 bath but only 1031 sq feet… so there is a small eating area comfortable for 3 and no more. I do bigger gatherings on the patio or in the garage, so my garage is all set up for tomorrow, in the morning I will move some space heaters in if they are needed. I wish it could be on the patio as the roses are in full bloom and the yard is looking nice..but we need the rain!!!
    I may not post tomorrow – and tomorrow night my mom and nephew will be spending the night then Mom will go home on Monday and I will take Kyle home on Tuesday – busy time so I may be MIA – but I will return.

March goals:
    Walk every day -100%
    Log all bites everyday - 50%
    Eat slower – failure
    Plan and do a fun thing every week – 25%

April goals:
    Walk every day – yep!
    Log all bites everyday 4 days of perfection!
    Eat slower- trying…
    Plan and do a fun thing every week
    Week 1 – went to Hakone gardens it is a beautiful Japanese garden established in 1917 and just amazing.
    Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Well the beautiful color is beautiful... no really it is just right. A bit to much of one color though so I think I will make a couple walls in the lighter color.

Really tired - all the painting and the walk the dogs today ...

Good night my friends

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    We are now the proud owners of a 12 month old male Sharpei cross dog. His name is "Blaize" He is sleek black with white chest and white toes, floppy ears and lovely brown Beagle like eyes. He walks well with me, LOVES the garden and paddocks and tells me there are rabbits in the paddocks. He owns a bed, 2 toys, dog bowls and red collar and read lead.
    Love him already and will take photos tomorrow and post a photo. He really is a lovely dog. Made friends with Susan's 2 dogs straight away, much tail wagging. Not heard him bark as yet. He travelled well in the car today. Was a long drive from Burnie Shelter
  • Lestan48
    Options
    We are now the proud owners of a 12 month old male Sharpei cross dog. His name is "Blaize" He is sleek black with white chest and white toes, floppy ears and lovely brown Beagle like eyes. He walks well with me, LOVES the garden and paddocks and tells me there are rabbits in the paddocks. He owns a bed, 2 toys, dog bowls and red collar and read lead.
    Love him already and will take photos tomorrow and post a photo. He really is a lovely dog. Made friends with Susan's 2 dogs straight away, much tail wagging. Not heard him bark as yet. He travelled well in the car today. Was a long drive from Burnie Shelter
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • Lestan48
    Options
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • Lestan48
    Options
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    Yeayyyyyyy!!!!! Let the fun begin lestan!
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter Morning to All! He is risen!

Leslie, so happy for you and Blaize. I know he will be a great fit for you as you will be for him.

Sylvia, so glad you rescued the Puggle. I went and looked at images of them and they are just the cutest pups.

Kim, reading your post made me plumb tired. Lady, how busy you are. Hope your BBQ is successful.

Jan, happy to hear your ordeal is over and that you will have no problems healing.

Going to DS's for a noon meal. Ham, baked beans, mac & cheese, fruit salad, etc. We are going to dye eggs with the two grands. They wanted us to go to church but my DH didn't want to as he has gained so much weight he didn't feel he had anything to wear.

Carol ~ GA
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Lesley - enjoy your handsome dog.

Carol have a good day and enjoy those grand kids.

Good morning Pip. :drinker:

Up early this morning. Need to finish our personal taxes. and some more work in the basement.
    One wall to finish painting with the darker color and move some shelving around.
    Pretty stiff sore far but I am sure once I get moving it will work itself out. May have to go for
    a good soak when finished tonight.

Have a great day everyone
    Lillian in West central Saskatchewan
  • naiomi2015
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

Lestan48Congrats re:the new member of the family. Sounds just perfect for you.

PeachststegalHe is risen indeed! Sorry your husband didn't feel as though he could go w/you. Here in the NE church wear is very casual - even on Easter.

Lilymay2 Glad you are pleased about the painting project. We got our taxes done and mailed. I started working when I was 15 - this it the earliest I have filed taxes -ever! Lol

GodMomKimWow you sound so prepared! You must have a good grasp of details. I tend to fly by the seat of my pants. Hope admid all of the stress you can have a little fun, and that your guests help w/the clean-up.

Looking forward to church this am DH is already getting dressed -I need to do the same. After church we plan to take a ride and have dinner out. Tomorrow I'll cook the ham DH's company gave him. It was be dinner a few times and sandwiches for lunches this week. I'll freeze the bone for soup or baked beans.

This is the first Holiday I have not been deeply missing my Mom. She died Dec. of 2012. Today I can remember Easters w/her and smile. Feels good.

I will try to stay w/in my calorie count today. Maybe DH and I will go for a walk too.

Naiomi2015 from 39F and sunny Massachusetts

• MMinMD
    MMinMD Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter ladies! It's a cool but sunny day here in MD. I'm enjoying some oatmeal with bananas and walnuts; later we'll head to the retirement community where our respected elders live for Easter dinner. My dad, my sister's DMIL and many friends parents live in this big lovley complex.

My daffodils are gorgeous and our decidous magnolias are about to bloom. My DD comes home tomorrow from CA, for a couple weeks of training for work. She is an engineer, works on airplanes for the Navy. I have a work trip to Knoxville later in the week, and then my DSIL and her hubby will be in town next weekend. Looking forward to a busy and fun couple of weeks.

I got a fitbit One this week and it has indeed been motivating. I find that a busy day of house and yard work and shopping is 3-4 miles of walking. I've hit 7-10000 steps each day, adding a walk or an exercise class if I've had a desk day. Looks like I may have broken a three week weight plateau finally. So maybe my most impt weight loss discovery is just to keep moving all day!

Yesterday I finished cleaning out the kids rooms to accomodate company. Now that they are mostly gone, i replaced mattresses, pillows, sheets etc as needed. Threw out much crap, consolidated he rest and put it away.

I also started on yard cleanup (3 acres), much to do. Got a new little electric chain saw so I can actually start it (pull starts just never work for me and I am a big strong girl :)).

Alison-wow on your DB and his son. May it last

Lesley- so happy for you that you have Blaize. You were so sad. He sounds beautiful and a good personality!

Terri- I know what you mean about losing paper. Congrats on getting past the plateau. What is it with those ^}+#^] things??

Joyce- hope you wake up feeling well not sick, and have a happy Sunday.

Pip- Happy puppies! Green grass!

I'll reiterate Janet's Easter greeting:
    Dear Easter Bunny,
    This year could you please fill
    my eggs with health and happiness
    and deliver them to everyone
    that I love. Thanks

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Easter/Passover Morning Ladies,

Naoimi, I’m glad the funeral was an overall positive experience. Well except for all the calories that sneak into restaurant food. It’s so nice when we can get to the point of missing loved ones with positive thoughts and not so much sadness. Enjoy those good memories.

Kim, OMG did you really do all that in one day? Wow, I think we’ll have to start calling you Super Woman! I can’t even imagine. So did I read that right? You have people coming that weren’t even invited? Maybe this year you need to announce that this is your last year, or you may have more of that next year. At any rate, it sure sounds like you have made all the preparations and I’m sure the day will be a huge success. I give you a High 5 for all you’ve done. I hope you get to enjoy the day.

Leslie, Love is in the air!!!! :) So glad you and Blaize found each other. It sounds like a match made in heaven. Is he expected to grow much more? I can’t wait to see a picture. Big ((Hugs)) to you both, and DH too.

Carol, I’m guessing DH just didn’t want to go? The churches have all become sooo casual that I normally feel overdressed in what I consider rather un-dressy. So is DH doing anything about his weight? Or gonna buy bigger clothes, like I did for years and years? Have a wonderful day.

Lillian, glad you like the color. It’s terrible to do all that work only to discover that you hate it. A good soak does sound in order. Take care of you.

MM, Good for you on all that moving and that it seems to be working. Sounds like you will be getting more exercise with all that yard work. Keep up the good work.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I am so impressed and motivated by all that you ladies do. I'm so thankful that I was led to this group and count so many of you as friends. I hope each of you finds this day to be all that you wish it to be. I hate to hear that anyone doesn't want to come back because they have gained so much weight. I mean what better place to be? Many of you are so caring and giving that I hope you always remember to put your name on the list of who you need to care for. I love you all and thank you for being you. <3

“It’s not selfish to love
    yourself, take care
    of yourself & to make
    your happiness a priority.
    It’s necessary.”
    Arthur unknown

My word #1 is savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.

#2 is opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter to anyone who celebrates it, and happy Sunday to anyone who doesn't! We aren't church goers, but we do love an excuse for a family dinner. But no candy here. My son got them their Easter baskets so I don't have to. I got up at 6am to put the pork roast in the crock pot, then went back to bed. When I woke up Spot was on the bed snuggling with me. No idea when he got up there.

Now I have to clean house so it's not disgusting when the kids come. Hubby will be on spider patrol. The kids are scared of spiders, so we have to check for those before they get here. The weather is supposed to be really nice today.

Leslie, I'm so happy for you and Blaize! He has just won the lottery, getting to live with you.

Kim, the county where we live has NO laws concerning loose animals, thus, no dog catcher, and no animal shelter. And we and our next door neighbors to the west are the only ones with a fenced yard. It's like the Wild West out here. Many neighborhood dogs have been hit by cars through the years. It's really sad. Lucky was at our door this morning barking for a treat, so it looks like he made it through the night.

Gotta go make breakfast. Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Joyce: hope you are feeling better now.

Sylvia: Lucky really was Lucky; good you at least got him out of the highway!

Kim: hope your party is fun!

Leslie: congrats on your new dog! He has found a great home.

Sunny and quiet weather today; really nice. I'm doing a bit of work on the computer. This morning I made a pot of soup from Nava Atlas's Vegetarian Soups for All Seasons, so we'll be having that and some crusty bread for dinner.

Hope we all have a good day.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

54053224.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone! we went to the Sun Rise service at a local church in Wichita Falls and were treated like royalty. everybody is so hospitable. they served a breakfast after the service and we made new friends. we are now on the last 3 hours of our trip to Lubbock.

Lesley - I am so happy that you got such a beautiful dog!

Sylvia - we will be going through here again in the future and we'll have to make plans to meet up one day.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! :flowerforyou:

Woke up feeling a bt blah as we haven't got any company organised. I'm always like that for bank holidays (tomorrow is an official holiday) and often have a low patch. I was looking forward to my friend coming tomorrow and now she's ill. I do have an open invitation to my DB's place tomorrow while DH is off at the football, but I don't really want to go all the way over there again by train and spend out on a taxi home. DH won't come and get me willingly as he would already have driven back from London. I think I will enjoy the time to myself and watch my film, which is about a paralysed man having sex therapy. The Sessions.
    We did our exercises, by some miracle, and I thought about doing all kinds of things and got no further than thinking. :ohwell: Then I decided we ought to put up the wigwams for the runner beans and sweet peas. In the end we were outside for an hour and gave the raised beds a good clean up, got the poles up and I even sowed arugula, chard, dill and cilantro. Go me! ! ! ! Feel much better from having accomplished something. o:)

Guinea fowl tonight with roasted cauliflower and asparagus. Yum. :D Also one of my favourite TV programmes is back tonight about a middle aged woman detective - VERA. All good.

Love to all. Heather in Hampshire UK
    27681614.png