WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2015

Options

Replies

• loralou1571
    loralou1571 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So, I'm just starting my fitness, weight rehab and I am so thankful for a source for women my age! Trying to keep to 1200 calories a day is so hard. My exercising ritual is deplorable and don't want to go to a gym or buy expensive equipment. My routine of exercise is brisk walking my three dogs. Weather permitting.
    Loralou1571 Columbus Ohio
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    I'm not used to sitting this much. It's a good thing I got up super early and walked the dogs and then walked on the ferry. The chairs are comfy and the meeting is interesting. I got to see the lunar eclipse while walking the dogs and some more on the way to the ferry.

Hugs, Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    .ooops,too late to add what was cut off my post. Prob a good thing as I tend to blather on once started.
    Cake is done,will frost tomorrow,chicken is off the bone,ready to join broth & noodles.
    Got a shower,washed hair...busy day. Time to read a while. Still need to think about supper.....whatever is fast & easy sounds good :) See you in a day or two,Pat...

".What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened,it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment.And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new." Author unknown

Keep on keeping on

Just For Today
  • mynyddisamrs
    mynyddisamrs Posts: 387
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good evening lovely people!
    Not much happening for me over Easter.nmbn47rrtxkn.jpg painting as usual!
    I've been busy "making" twigs and berries out of acrylic paint and twine ...the mind boggles .
    BFN
    Jackie W

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Mary we are passing each other in a way you are heading away from Minnesota and I am heading back to it. Enjoy the daffodils and apple trees. They are at their peak in Missouri right now. I am typing this from Cedar Rapids Iowa.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - have you ever been to the Big R'S Barbeque in joplin missouri? Wow!

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,828 Member
    Options
    afternoon kids~
    It is what Winnie the Pooh called a Blustery day.. windy windy.. coming along on the bathroom ,not as crazy as it was yesterday.. made the guys some chili for lunch that they just had, and they are back at it...I am not going to dust until all the work is done with ...did buy a small ham I will cook tomorrow...didn't buy rolls, figure we didn't need the carbs..
    found a new crock pot at Walmart on clearance for 25.00 and it is oval and has a lock top so was thrilled with that..enjoying the weekend with DH and the puppies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    MNMargaret - Did you see me wave! It's very beautiful here. I felt like I stepped out of a black and white picture into techna color! You are so right about the trees and flowers.

Mary from Minnesota
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

ha ha ha .....yes - love my coffee. Having a cup and watching the curling. Then off to walk the dogs. The sun is shinning so nice and the primer is done on two walls and upon closer inspection DH says more mudding and sanding on the 3rd wall... so much for cleaning up all that dust!! Oh well.... will paint the beautiful color on later today.

Carey - yes the game last night was soooo close. Sweden and Finland was too, but it isn't over yet.

Lillian in Sunny warm West Central Saskatchewan
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,738 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    Rowing machine- 45min, 70aw, 7904meters 4.91mi = 375c
    Eliptical machine- 30min, 84stpmin, 2520strides, hill setting, 3.32mi = 262c
    Walk-jog outside- 11.31min 11.21ap 1mi = 105c
    742cal total
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Good evening lovely people!
    Not much happening for me over Easter.nmbn47rrtxkn.jpg painting as usual!
    I've been busy "making" twigs and berries out of acrylic paint and twine ...the mind boggles .
    BFN
    Jackie W

[url=""]MA[/url]
    !!!!!!!!!!!!

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy sat.Busy packing ,packing and more.Would rather be doing Easter egg hunts.
    HUGS to u all
    jane
  • pipcd34
    Options
    smynmrsf8gtj.jpg

happy deister from r kids to yours. just took this bout 1/2 hr ago. my babies... l love them so.
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunday here so HAPPY EASTER.
    Woke to rain this morning and Stan cooking Sunday Brunch.
    NOT sure what we are doing today. May go for drive and walk this afternoon if rain stops. Watch TV if raining, bubble bath tonight.
    I had HIGH calories yesterday 2247 and made twice baked potato for lunch, was yummy with cream, bacon and cheese and Stan loved it.
    No training today or yesterday. Need recovery time before I re-start tomorrow. Spreadsheets almost done for May.
    Going to look at dog on "Dog shelters of Tasmania" No idea but NOT a small dog or BIG dog. I miss my Mildred beagle but sure she would be happy if I gave another shelter dog a forever home.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    hopeing u find the right dog for you and familyn lestan
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well I thought I would feel better today but I feel worse. After I travel, I usually sleep about 15 hours but with how tired I was I really needed to sleep longer. But I knew I had to wake up early tomorrow morning to get to church. So I got up after about 12 hours. I know I slept well because when I got up there was drool all over my face and the pillow was quite wet! But I am just totally exhausted and my throat real tight. Trinity was sick, had a horrible cough and even worse yucky nose. I hope beyond all hopes that I didn't catch anything from her. I didn't want much to eat tonight for supper so when we were at Denny's I had a bowl of brocolli cheddar soup and then Charlie suggested a grilled cheese sandwich with it. They have a regular and deluxe and I took just the regular. I couldn't believe how many calories and sodium was in that supper. So going to bed real early tonight, around 8 PM. Well I have to fix the pill keepers for next week and that takes about 25 minutes. I read everything and just don't have the mental energy to say anything to anyone.

Joyce, Indiana
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Evening Ladies,

Mary, it’s wonderful that you have gotten such terrific results from your 5 x 5 workouts. So happy for you!

Carey, why in the world had you convinced yourself that you weren’t a good cook? I do find that I’m trying new and different things since starting this journey. Maybe that’s all it is? Give yourself credit, lady! 

Barbie, you have become so accustomed to all your walking, it will be interesting to see how easy it is for you to cut down. Do keep us posted. How cool that you got to see the lunar eclipse! It wasn’t totally visible on the east coast, plus it was very cloudy here this morning.

Loralou, welcome. I’m not sure if you were asking for any suggestions, so if not then ignore this. I don’t want to buy expensive exercise equipment or go to the gym either, so some of my routine is using a resistance band. They are quite inexpensive and come with exercises that can be done. They take to place of weights. I also went to U-Tube and put in resistance band exercises and found others. Good luck on your journey.

Jackie, I hope you will take a picture of the twigs when you are finished? I’d love to see them.

Allison, I have one of those crock pots. I love it when I need to take a dish somewhere in it.

Pip, what, no biking today? I thought a day without biking was like a day without sunshine. 

Pip, love, love, love your doggies!!! <3

Leslie, can’t wait to see what dog steels your heart. You know they pick us. :) And yes, Mildred would be pleased.

Joyce, I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling like a new woman. I hate that you were so wiped out but sending good thoughts your way.

I had a good day. I got a lot accomplished in the guest room. I keep some dresser drawers empty but use some for wrapping paper and ribbons, oh yes and gift bags for all occasions. I went through all the drawers and was able to throw out some things and did the same to the closet. Now the room is ready for fresh sheets right before my guest arrives. I’ve also been spending about 15 minutes a day working on my closet. I don’t really enjoy trying on clothes but have been doing it so I can get rid of the things that are just too huge on me. I hate to admit it, but I’ve kept some things so long that the elastic in the waist band has disintegrated. Lol Those went straight to the trash. The others that are in good shape either went to the Good Will pile or put aside for the neighborhood garage sale. (Tag Sale to you Yankees) If I keep going at this rate the closet will be left with the 6 newest outfits.
    OH NO, my screen went wide again! ppffttt :o

My friends, I hope each of you has a wonderful Easter, whatever your plans. <3

My word #1 is savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.

#2 is opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Mary! Were you in Joplin? I wish I had known. I'm 30 minutes away. I could have come to say hello. Yes, I've been to Big R's many times. Not lately though.

We helped the kids move today. Hubby and I moved the big stuff so my son wouldn't have to. Now it's just the small stuff and cleaning. I plan to go on Monday and give it a thorough cleaning while the kids are at school, plus clean the carpets so we can get our deposit back.

Then I went to the grocery store to buy Easter dinner food and hubby came on home in his car. He called me to say that our neighbors dog, Lucky, was at the truck stop on the busy corner near our house. I bought a bag of dog biscuits and stopped at the truck stop to pick him up. By the time I got there Lucky was out in a lane of traffic on a busy highway with cars driving around him. I lured him with biscuits and got a leash on him. I carry an emergency leash in the van. Well, he did not want to get in the car, so I had to lift him. He is a little lard ball! He's a puggle, and very solid. He must weigh more than any of our dogs, even though he's smaller. When I got him home his people weren't home, so I didn't know what to do with him. In the end I just let him loose. He runs loose all the time. I'm afraid his days are numbered. Little brat!

The kids are coming over for dinner tomorrow. I'm making roast pork with cranberries. Yum.

Well, I have to go load the dishwasher. Have a great evening.

Sylvia
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today's joke of the day:

:)

Three men were at a bar discussing coincidences.

The first man said, "My wife was reading a 'Tale of Two Cities' and she gave birth to twins!"

"That's funny," the second man remarked, "my wife was reading 'The Three Musketeers' and she gave birth to triplets!"

The third man shouted, "Good God, I have to rush home!"

When asked what the problem was, he exclaimed, "When I left the house, my wife was reading Ali baba and the forty Thieves!!!"

:D
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Damnit / I ride to/from work during the week, on weekends I drive. However, we r riding to Sunday brunch tomorrow