40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @shotsonme2000 I hear you about the sodium. I couldn't believe it either and I keep forgetting about the natural occurring sodium too. That's part of why I love MFP it shows everything so I'm learning!

@Emmalusmom I record loss or gain for myself. Don't think I've indicated on here if I've had a gain due to being embarrassed even though it happens. I find it takes a bit before the extra steps show on the scale for me.

Larro what time is dinner?????

Welcome new comers! Yes just start chatting.

I want to say thank you to all of you...I was going to do a run on the treadmill but they were both in use so I had to do 35 minutes on the elliptical machine, so I read all your posts while using it and before I knew it I had finished 30 minutes another 5 minutes cool down and done. Phew
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Hey kids! It's been a busy week. Had a small gain after my trip and still dealing with that. I plan to get the pics on line soon. Bought some neat stuff and it was a good time. Glad to see everyone is doing well. Looking forward to the weekend. Have a great one!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    Emmalusmom wrote: »
    Oh and by the way.... I am back to logging everything that enters my mouth! It does seem to help motivate me to stay on course. I need accountability more than I realized. I did go back and add the gain. I was a little painful, but I will use that to motivate me too!

I am doing this, too!

I ALWAYS need "accountability"....I think it is part of my DNA!

• LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey kids of the cool variety! Just managed to have a quick catch up of the past few pages...

Hope everyone is well, and all suffering from illnesses/injuries are on the mend!

Lovely photos from Alf, Larro, alishaspringle, curious and Kelly Sue. Emmalusmom - your granddaughter is so cute! Alf - loving your new avatar pic as well.

I'm with you all on the accountability front as well - I even weighed 7 Dorritos the other day, to make sure I got the calories correct (at least I can now stop at 7 - hubby had a massive sharing bag that I would have wolfed down with him a few months ago!).

On an unrelated note... I have finally figured how to get MFP to register decimal weight values - I was using the UK norm of stones and pounds, but MFP rounded up my pounds entries (e.g. a number ending in 6.6 was rounded up to 7 - grrrr), but I realised it doesn't do this if using pounds only so now I can track my weight more accurately. You learn something new everyday :)
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hey Kid's !
    Thought I'd pop in. Still maintaining under my GW and wearing a size 6. :) Glad to have finished off the "german" chocolates my MIL's friend Suzy sent us. I need to ease up on the sweets. Stick to buying the kinds I don't care for. LOL
    Brought myself this cool shirt the other day. lf5qjeo5m1ev.jpg

Emmalusmom- I tend to log my gains if they stick around 3 days. In maintenance here so I'm not to concerned as long as I don't go over my GW. Pre-logging does help a lot.

Alf- Wow look at those heels ! I can't even walk in wedges without falling over. LMBO

Hello and welcome Newbies !
    I'll check back later.

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Furballs, the recipe calls for dry beans 16 bean soup comes in a bag with all the mixed beans and a dry seasoning pack that I didn't use. I followed the recipe like she said and my crock pot must of cooked faster because at the point I needed to put in the carrot and celery in my beans were done. So, by the time the veg was done the beans were very soft. Good flavor though, just need to adjust the timing. I am taking some to a widowed lady who's a family friend who doesn't cook much any more. My hubby ate it, but wasn't his favorite. I liked it a lot. Let me know if it works out for you.
    I figured the ham bone is pretty much headed for the trash if I didn't try this, and beans are really cheap. Makes a very inexpensive meal. I wish the rest of the family liked it.
    I have some picky eaters.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Emmalusmom wrote: »
    Oh and by the way.... I am back to logging everything that enters my mouth! It does seem to help motivate me to stay on course. I need accountability more than I realized. I did go back and add the gain. I was a little painful, but I will use that to motivate me too!

Pre-log to plan meals. I find that really helpful. If I didn't plan to eat it, I don't eat it or I cit something out.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    @Kate7294, what a cool shirt, very appropriate for a cool hot mama.

@Nataliegetfit, I love any bean soup, my husband not so much. Yours sounds delish.

I feel much better today but I'm staying home. It is storming today so I'm glad I don't have to be in traffic. Also my co-worker told me yesterday that I got "fired" from my co-coordinator position in a new research because I will not be in an important meeting today with an NIH monitor from Washington. Oh well, sh... happens, I see how much they care.

Have an awesome day!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    banged out shoulders this morning! Monday i'll start "Insanity: the Asylum"!!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Alf - sorry about the project. Maybe it will be a blessing ...
    Good job Gam!
    Dreary weather and a bit of a cold but enjoying my new job. Looking forward to starting our seeds and hoping for spring. Using puppy coming as an excuse to get on that spring cleaning. i don't want her getting into anything bad for her.
    Happy Friday everyone!
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to going to our local Farmer's Market this weekend and trying to do some meal preping. I think this will aide in me staying on track. I am going to start off with breakfast, snacks and lunch and see how I do with that for starters. I didn't go over my calories yesterday but only because I walked, so I am going to try and NOT eat back my exercise calories. I think that may be defeating the purpose of the exercising.

I want to say again how much I have appreciated all of the advise and I am taking it to heart. I will not give up! I will be successful!

Happy Friday!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Ok, my Friday pic is not your normal Happy Friday- my dear friend took this picture at Christmas time and I just got to see it for the first time yesterday and had to share:

zpk9ne7z2dv5.jpg

She is a very talented photographer, and I am not ashamed to say, I am one proud Grammy!

I did some interval this morning and did legs and abs. Off to see hubby tomorrow after getting a much needed haircut/color. I am off until Wednesday after that. I have to get some stuff cleared away still from my move and make sure the house is in order before hubby comes home. Insurance is up on the 24th of this month, so they are planning on discharging him before then. He is doing well besides so he is just about ready anyway. Very exciting!

Have a great day all!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids!
    I love Fridays!

Like Alf, I have a man not so into beans, which means I rarely get to eat them, but this conversation has me pining for some! I think I'll crock pot some for next week's lunches.

Gam, I'm morbidly curious to know what the Asylum will do to you. Is this a good thing ;)

Alf, glad you're feeling better. Bummer about the coordinator's role, but as you said, life happens, and it's more important!

Kate, love the shirt. You look awesome! Keep it up. How's Josie?

LittleNell, the Doritos story really shows how becoming aware is a huge step! Good for you!

CrosbyLee, looking forward to those pics! I love seeing what everyone gets up to.

Hey Jackie, what a great way to spend your time on the eliptical!

E'sMom, have fun prepping in the kitchen this weekend. I'll be right there with you!

KS, Is that Jake?!? He's sooo cute! Such great news that your hubby is finally on his way home soon. This has been such a long journey for you both.

Nick, glad to hear you're enjoying your new job! Can't wait to see pictures of that puppy!

I didn't hear from the mechanic yesterday, so hopefully today I can ride Buttercup home -- the loooong way home!

Went to HardCORE yesterday, and the gym again at 5 this morning. Rode the bicycle in. Whew! It's a good day so far!

I think I need something like a "Sponsor" for evenings. I'm still not holding it together when I get home after work. It's like I'm possessed! I have the best intentions every morning, and then when I get home ... phooey. I really cave to suggestion, and my bf & housemate are not so helpful. Darn pizza-eating beer drinkers!

What are your plans for the weekend?

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I'm starting to get twitchy, no working out for three days now! I've stayed home sick today, fever, body aches, massive headache. Hoping a day of rest clears it up and I'm good to go tomorrow, suppose to do kettlebell, kickboxing and 45 min spin for a YMCA fund raiser, can't be sick!

KellySue that is an adorable picture! Glad your hubby is finally coming home. I haven't been here for his whole journey but what I've seen indicates some of the hardship you guys have been through and perseverance it takes to overcome it.

Curious, other people and their food and a horrible derailment on good intentions! My husband always has treats in the house, the best I can do is try and get him to get stuff I don't particularly care for and then hide it so I can't see it!

Emmalu, have fun with meal prep, I'm hit and miss on that, need to be more hit than miss!

Alf, sorry about the project, hopefully it turns out to be one door closed and two more opened.

Nick, I have no puppy as an excuse to spring clean, but man I need to get my butt in gear, so many ideas, so little ambition!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    3furballs I love that - so many ideas so little ambition. It it is a daily battle. By 9:30p I am ready to curl up on the couch or head to bed but that is my Get Stuff Done Time so sometimes it gets done and sometimes the couch wins. 1a I was still folding laundry and cleaning out drawers on Wednesday (munchkins conveniently out growing everything - so I have to let things out, down and hope we make it on what fits until summer). Then I was beat Thursday.

NSV - company lunch and I think I kept it under 500 Calories the best I can figure. Steered clear of the sausage and mac and cheese (that pan was easily 10 pounds and very scary).
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I find by the time I get home from work, workout and make the lunches for the next day, etc. I have no ambition. 9:00-10:30 is my me time, read a book, watch a non kids friendly show or surf the net. Now hubby is home so maybe come summer we'll kick each others but ts in gear.
  • shotsonme2000
    Options
    Tonight I weigh in for the week. I will do it after 30 min on the elliptical. I'm hoping I'm at 210 or below. All my friends believe I look better over 200 since I'm 5'11" but I'm going to reach 190 if it kills me!!! I'll post the results. Good luck to you guys
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    While everyone is TGIF-ing, I'm getting ready for work. Friday is my Tuesday. So, y'all have a good weekend and remember to tip your servers and bartenders!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to my weekend. Hope the weather cooperates. We are expected to have quite a bit of rain. That is not good. We may be helping my nephew's mom move this weekend as well. She has been having some medical issues and needs to be closer to her kids.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids. I have the night off. Which I don't really like, but what can you do? It's been slow so far this year with too many Friday nights off. Not as many weddings as most springs. {I guess it's a good thing Margie doesn't mind me being a house husband while it's so slow}

I worked in the garden until lunch, and haven't done much of anything since. Other than fixing lunch and supper, and the associated cleanups. I did get up at 0500 this morning. Not to go workout like you guys, but because I couldn't get back to sleep when Margie got up. You guys are some kind of devoted to do that. Me and early mornings don't mix too well.

Kelly Sue, great picture of Jake. I know you are excited to have hubby home soon.

Jackie, love the shirt. You are looking great.

Betty, I work nights and weekends, so I'm right there with you. Friday night is my Monday morning. Except I got this one off.

Nick, a big pan of mac and cheese can be scary. At almost every family reunion at the Civic Center {where I work}, you can count on at least one pan of it. I try to walk away.

Curious, hope you are riding by now. I saw a little trail bike at Tractor Supply Co for $699. I know it's made for kids, but since I'm down to 170 pounds, I think it would do to putt putt around the Larro Ranchero on.

E's Mom, good luck at the farmer's market. I waste too much to use fresh veggies {unless they are out of my garden}. I use frozen unless I'm going to cook it within a day or two of when I buy it. And since I go to town once a week. . . .

Crosby, hope you don't have any of the crazy weather that was going on last night. I need rain, but I don't want it if it comes with twisters.

Shots, I weigh {every day} when I get up in the morning. After I use the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything. Good luck in reaching your goal.

3furballs, as crazy as it sounds, when I'm at work is my me time. Here at the house I never seem to have time for anything. On a long Saturday at the office it is not uncommon for me to read a couple of books.

Alf, Caramel, Beeps, Ruby and anyone else I missed, hello.

Welcome to the new guys.

Here are the numbers for the week: 20.6% Body Fat, 32.7 BMI & 169.9 Pounds. Not too good a week as far as getting back toward my goal weight. I lost 2.1 pounds for the week. Too much garden and much stir-fry and too little calories.

Hope everyone has a good weekend,

Larro

I side dressed everything in the garden this morning, including these birdhouse gourds.

zr2mw98751k4.jpg