Options

Replies

• shapenerfiterratii
    shapenerfiterratii Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    fitnesia wrote: »
    Ugh y'all quit the arguing :s

It had actually been 8 hours since anyone even posted in this thread. Until you did. Well done.

Lmaoo
  • goddessheatherr
    goddessheatherr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    'Good' carbs are good for you especially after a work out, brown rice and 100% whole wheat bread. Make sure the label says exactly that.

Please go do some research. Real research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uI8pw_A6go&index=22&list=LLaw4w7qMyWFzNwRBnJVYRcQ

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    'Good' carbs are good for you especially after a work out, brown rice and 100% whole wheat bread. Make sure the label says exactly that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uI8pw_A6go&index=22&list=LLaw4w7qMyWFzNwRBnJVYRcQ

Really? This is your research?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »

Really? This is your research?

don't you know that bro's on you tube = science ??
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I eat Ezekiel bread when I "need" bread. I usually pay with an instant puffy belly, but some days I'm OK with that. Ezekiel bread is extremely nutritious, good for you, low cal, low sodium. Check it out.
  • shapenerfiterratii
    shapenerfiterratii Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I eat Ezekiel bread when I "need" bread. I usually pay with an instant puffy belly, but some days I'm OK with that. Ezekiel bread is extremely nutritious, good for you, low cal, low sodium. Check it out.

Will do so. Thanks.
  • kristenveganvixen
    kristenveganvixen Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My issue with them is simply portion control- I found when I weighed my rice I'd probably be having double what a recommended portion size was- yikes! They are fine in moderation imho and just be careful to weigh them.

As an alternative you could try higher protein grains like quinoa, spelt etc which helps hit your macros on a lower calorie allowance, or low carb low cal vegetables masquerading as carbs such as cauliflour "rice" and courgette "pasta" (using a spiraliser tool) and beansprout "noodles" HTH x
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options

My god. That is the perfect example of why you can't trust every moron on YouTube because he has abs. His level of stupidity is a disgrace to humanity.

So today I learned that 4-7 days of low carb dieting will slow down your metabolism
    Eat the wrong carbs and your glycogen stores will spill over, even in a caloric deificit, even though we burn glycogen all the time. None of that matters. Only the kind of carbs and the time.

How dumb.

People scare me
  • chantellehunni
    chantellehunni Posts: 9
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't agree with cutting everything out and living like a rabbit as long as u watch the amounts of things u eat there's no harm my partner is italian and we eat pasta probably 4 nights a week and he is fit and healthy as am I and wen we gain them extra few pounds (over christmas or in my case having a baby) we don't cut out wot we like we exercise harder and eat a little less losing weight isn't about fad diets if u want it off its a lifestyle change and u certainly wouldn't live ur life without bread and rice I know I couldn't. Ppl in the Mediterranean live the longest and the core of their meals is rice pasta and breads.
    good luck in ur journey to a healthier u

X
  • mrsmuzzy24
    mrsmuzzy24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I find that my body responds better to weight loss when I cut out the white bread, white rice and sugar, but ultimately it is all about calories in and calories out. My nutritionist made the recommendation as well as I am pre-diabetic. I will opt for my high fiber bread, whole wheat tortillas, or brown rice when I get the urge.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Stbarber1 wrote: »
    @MrM27 its a public group, you're welcome to join if you offer intelligent conversation

Why don't you put your thoughts here? Why do we have to join a low carb group?

I have
    It's not a low carb group
    You don't
    The only thing you've posted prior to complaining about members was about something being more complex than something else that is complex. Not much of an opinion.

So tell me, do you agree with everything that member said that you told to join your group?

I welcome thoughtful conversation from those I agree and disagree with.

I'm asking you if you agree or disagree with the post that the member made?

Never been to Sweden. I couldn't tell you what percentage of their population is obese.

He is entitled to have whatever thoughts he chooses to on a topic.

So you have absolutely no opinion on any of the other information that had nothing to do with Sweeden? None at all? You can't say if you disagree with it or that you agree with it?

I find Sweden's social and educational policies to be ethical and long-term goal oriented for a healthy society.

Not sure about obesity rates, but SWEDISH BIKINI TEAM, YO!!!!!!

I can recommend a series of novels by a Swedish guy named Vilhelm Moberg, about Swedish immigration to the US. They were quite interesting.

Also, Smiles of a Summer Night is a very fun movie, although not one of the most famous Bergman films (at least not that I know of, I'm not really a movie buff). Also, the source material for Sondheim's A Little Night Music.

Pretty sure bread was eaten in both, also.

Not sure about Swedish culture, but the Danish film Babette's Last Feast is a FANTASTIC thematic exploration of moralized "clean eating" vs. mindful sensual appreciation of food.

I actually had remembered that that film or the story was set in Sweden (wrongly), and spent 5 minutes or so trying to find a Swedish connection anyway so I could mention it, so I'm glad you did!

I had remembered it as Sweden as well, I needed to consult the Googlewebs.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Oh. Wow. Just...no.

I will never get that 6 minutes back :(
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

Oh. Wow. Just...no.

You made me curious and clicked to watch, so, can I blame you for the brain cells that committed suicide. :)

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

My god. That is the perfect example of why you can't trust every moron on YouTube because he has abs. His level of stupidity is a disgrace to humanity.

So today I learned that 4-7 days of low carb dieting will slow down your metabolism
    Eat the wrong carbs and your glycogen stores will spill over, even in a caloric deificit, even though we burn glycogen all the time. None of that matters. Only the kind of carbs and the time.

How dumb.

Scientists hate him because of his 3 sneaky tricks.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Oh. Wow. Just...no.

Heh, I almost want to watch, but I have a personal rule about YouTubes and guys in backwards caps.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

eats no bread.

then eats bread and complains her body reacts to it.

You know if you ate bread regularly- you wouldn't have that instant "puffy belly"
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

Oh. Wow. Just...no.

Heh, I almost want to watch, but I have a personal rule about YouTubes and guys in backwards caps.

Solid rule.