Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Once a month I go to Godiva and get a chocolate of my choice. Sometimes it makes the log.... but not always.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

I may have to try this. Purely because it just sounds fun.

While you're at it, try using a 1/4-teaspoon measuring spoon to eat ice cream with... I tried that once, to force myself to make the last partial scoops from a beloved flavor's container last as long as possible (instead, it merely tested my sanity (and I nearly failed said 'test' ;P )).

On a related note, it occurred to me that the dinky 1/4-teaspoon -sized measuring spoon I was using resembled more of a toy scoop-shovel that was better suited for hanging in the garage of a dollhouse, and (per the time it took for me to finish using said itty bitty piece of plastic, for the purpose of (glacially, as it turned out) removing barely visible 'samples' from the hard-as-a-rock ice cream (which was practically taunting me with its militantly-adhering-to-itself 'defiance' of that laughably small (and surprisingly flimsy) spoon)), the spoon would seem to have been errantly given a thumbs-up by quality control personnel, during the manufacturing process, what with said spoon having been labelled "1/4 teaspoon", but its capacity having been more like "2 or 3 molecules" (or so it would seem).

Anyway, highly recommended 'process' to engage in... ;)

I use the tiniest imaginable spoon to eat ALL of my desserts, so that I can properly savor them rather than just gulping them down (I've always done this, way before I ever started counting calories. I just love eeny weeny spoons!). The spoon I use is a metal spoon that's used for incense here in the Middle East--The bowl of this particular spoon is about the size of the fingernail on your index finger. ;)

Susieq_1994, I could never-in-a-million-years have predicted that anyone's similar ventures in the use of 'microscopic' utensils would one day 'beckon' my return to this realm of 'eating in miniature'... ;)

...but, alas, your intriguing comments regarding this devotedly-actioned practice of yours, in incessantly torturing yourself (I mean, savoring :) ) via such a requiring-meditative-calm -based use of itsy bitsy spoon-age -- let alone 'spoonfare' that is associated with a bowl the size of a fingernail on an index finger (insert my understandably-predictable gasp right about here ;) ) -- (and just to be clear, we're talking index finger of an adult human, correct (?), and not that of any other species, I presume (if the scale were to be any smaller than that, I fear that I'd require some form of 'training', in order to eat ;P ))...

And now I find various ingestion-related small-scale whatnot being paraded before my mind's 'eye', such that one would think I'd begun imagining the world existing as though it were straight out of Alice in Wonderland... but it's not so bad, I'm gradually realizing, given the fascinating ways in which eating, creative consumption, and preposterous preparation could otherwise be 'mined' (and could very well render "all things food" far more interesting and entertaining than they already are)... ;)

...of course, the day when I need an Electron Microscope in order to *find* my food, let alone eat it (not to mention 'etch' tiny messages to myself, using single atoms with and on which to 'draw' ;P (heck, I could perhaps 'showcase' the practically-guaranteed 'disasters' of communication at that level, as well, by using disturbingly-expensive optics to 'take pictures' of my 'near- sub-atomic food carving' 'projects', and submit them to (or otherwise create!) a site analogous to cakewrecks.com... and share in its mission...to put on display -- and for all the world to see -- just how many ways food-based design and 'messaging' can go wrong ;) )...

...yeah, when that kind of microscopy equipment ends up being in every home (and perhaps akin to how microwaves ended up taking a while before they 'gained traction', but were ultimately in widespread use), you can bet I'll have practiced diligently enough by then to all but 'turn pro', and take previously impractical (and seemingly mis-applied) 'expertise' (in the use of scientific lab -based equipment, and its subsequently being 're-purposed', for use in creatively miniaturizing edibles in the home, in public establishments, and for use in custom design -based confections and catering) 'to a new level'... ;P

(Am off to locate an eye-dropper, for use in (dribble-drop-)drinking 64oz of water... (it should only take a few hours (and will likely involve risk of developing a repetitive motion injury... but worry not -- I have special gloves I've designed just for this purpose ;P )) ;)

Yes, I meant an adult human fingernail ;)
    (Whew... that's a relief... ;) )

Even *I* draw the line at eating with a spoon the size of a baby's fingernail! How would I taste anything?
    Very, very carefully... ;)

(Oh, and there are some pretty big babies out there... (just sayin' ;) ))

Ooh, do you follow Cake Wrecks?? I've read every single post faithfully since 2009! I love that site! ;)
    That site is a showcase of so much regarding humanity that does the soul good to be 'reminded' of... ;)

Well, that, and the fact that it's a reliable source of giggling-like-a-kid -and- bust-a-gut forms of laughter. :smiley:

...and laughter being what it is, and with forms of "non-fiction 'nonsense'" being one of the ultimate odes to 'the lighter side' of the human race ;), and the site's many 'Exhibit A' forms of 'evidence' that would seemingly provide 'proof' that there is (among so much else) far too much of a 'taking things literally' mindset (<--- if one can call it that at all, given the implication that use of a mind would be involved, which is quite at odds with the 'evidence', what with it supporting the conclusion of an apparent propensity (and for a surprisingly significant number of humans) to suspend all actual thinking and rationale ;P, and when it comes to stranger-to-stranger communications, in particular)... and that there would seem to be some sort of 'plague' affecting a rather large contingent of mankind, whose ability to process 'requests' and 'instructions' have been 'distorted' and rendered highly 'non-functional' ;P (one can only hope that someone at cakewrecks.com has reported these 'facts' to the CDC! :) )...

...yes, the kinds of can-imagine-it-in-theory-and-one-*does*-see-the-fact-that-someone-actually-did-request/-make/-receive/-or-create-'that'-but-one-still-can't-believe-it-actually-happened -type, relatable-yet-'unfathomable' 'deeds' that are 'on display' at cakewrecks.com ;), end up being a special kind of tickles-the-funny-bone-to-its-'marrow' form of 'funny' (as in, the kind for which Depends ought to be a primary sponsor of the site ;P )... :)

When I first read your comments here, you reminded me of a regular commenter from Cake Wrecks, actually; sendingintheclowns is his/her username, I think. Would it happen to be you? ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »
    My confession today is that I chew the skin around my nails on my fingers, when I'm not chewing them I pick them. It looks gross and it hurts but I can't stop doing it. I'm nearly 33 and have been doing it since I was about 11. Every now and again I stop it but then I always start up again. Nasty habit! :(

Same here! I chew on my nails, then when I've chewed them down to nothing I start on my cuticles. My only solution? Bitrex nail polish. I smear it all over the nails AND cuticles, and there's no way I am putting that near my mouth! ;) Here's a random link to the stuff (I don't buy this brand since it isn't available where I live, but I *think* this is the same thing.) http://www.amazon.com/Super-Nail-Bite-More-oz/dp/B000AADFGG
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

I may have to try this. Purely because it just sounds fun.

While you're at it, try using a 1/4-teaspoon measuring spoon to eat ice cream with... I tried that once, to force myself to make the last partial scoops from a beloved flavor's container last as long as possible (instead, it merely tested my sanity (and I nearly failed said 'test' ;P )).

On a related note, it occurred to me that the dinky 1/4-teaspoon -sized measuring spoon I was using resembled more of a toy scoop-shovel that was better suited for hanging in the garage of a dollhouse, and (per the time it took for me to finish using said itty bitty piece of plastic, for the purpose of (glacially, as it turned out) removing barely visible 'samples' from the hard-as-a-rock ice cream (which was practically taunting me with its militantly-adhering-to-itself 'defiance' of that laughably small (and surprisingly flimsy) spoon)), the spoon would seem to have been errantly given a thumbs-up by quality control personnel, during the manufacturing process, what with said spoon having been labelled "1/4 teaspoon", but its capacity having been more like "2 or 3 molecules" (or so it would seem).

Anyway, highly recommended 'process' to engage in... ;)

I use the tiniest imaginable spoon to eat ALL of my desserts, so that I can properly savor them rather than just gulping them down (I've always done this, way before I ever started counting calories. I just love eeny weeny spoons!). The spoon I use is a metal spoon that's used for incense here in the Middle East--The bowl of this particular spoon is about the size of the fingernail on your index finger. ;)

Susieq_1994, I could never-in-a-million-years have predicted that anyone's similar ventures in the use of 'microscopic' utensils would one day 'beckon' my return to this realm of 'eating in miniature'... ;)

...but, alas, your intriguing comments regarding this devotedly-actioned practice of yours, in incessantly torturing yourself (I mean, savoring :) ) via such a requiring-meditative-calm -based use of itsy bitsy spoon-age -- let alone 'spoonfare' that is associated with a bowl the size of a fingernail on an index finger (insert my understandably-predictable gasp right about here ;) ) -- (and just to be clear, we're talking index finger of an adult human, correct (?), and not that of any other species, I presume (if the scale were to be any smaller than that, I fear that I'd require some form of 'training', in order to eat ;P ))...

And now I find various ingestion-related small-scale whatnot being paraded before my mind's 'eye', such that one would think I'd begun imagining the world existing as though it were straight out of Alice in Wonderland... but it's not so bad, I'm gradually realizing, given the fascinating ways in which eating, creative consumption, and preposterous preparation could otherwise be 'mined' (and could very well render "all things food" far more interesting and entertaining than they already are)... ;)

...of course, the day when I need an Electron Microscope in order to *find* my food, let alone eat it (not to mention 'etch' tiny messages to myself, using single atoms with and on which to 'draw' ;P (heck, I could perhaps 'showcase' the practically-guaranteed 'disasters' of communication at that level, as well, by using disturbingly-expensive optics to 'take pictures' of my 'near- sub-atomic food carving' 'projects', and submit them to (or otherwise create!) a site analogous to cakewrecks.com... and share in its mission...to put on display -- and for all the world to see -- just how many ways food-based design and 'messaging' can go wrong ;) )...

...yeah, when that kind of microscopy equipment ends up being in every home (and perhaps akin to how microwaves ended up taking a while before they 'gained traction', but were ultimately in widespread use), you can bet I'll have practiced diligently enough by then to all but 'turn pro', and take previously impractical (and seemingly mis-applied) 'expertise' (in the use of scientific lab -based equipment, and its subsequently being 're-purposed', for use in creatively miniaturizing edibles in the home, in public establishments, and for use in custom design -based confections and catering) 'to a new level'... ;P

(Am off to locate an eye-dropper, for use in (dribble-drop-)drinking 64oz of water... (it should only take a few hours (and will likely involve risk of developing a repetitive motion injury... but worry not -- I have special gloves I've designed just for this purpose ;P )) ;)

Yes, I meant an adult human fingernail ;)
    (Whew... that's a relief... ;) )

Even *I* draw the line at eating with a spoon the size of a baby's fingernail! How would I taste anything?
    Very, very carefully... ;)

(Oh, and there are some pretty big babies out there... (just sayin' ;) ))

Ooh, do you follow Cake Wrecks?? I've read every single post faithfully since 2009! I love that site! ;)
    That site is a showcase of so much regarding humanity that does the soul good to be 'reminded' of... ;)

Well, that, and the fact that it's a reliable source of giggling-like-a-kid -and- bust-a-gut forms of laughter. :smiley:

...and laughter being what it is, and with forms of "non-fiction 'nonsense'" being one of the ultimate odes to 'the lighter side' of the human race ;), and the site's many 'Exhibit A' forms of 'evidence' that would seemingly provide 'proof' that there is (among so much else) far too much of a 'taking things literally' mindset (<--- if one can call it that at all, given the implication that use of a mind would be involved, which is quite at odds with the 'evidence', what with it supporting the conclusion of an apparent propensity (and for a surprisingly significant number of humans) to suspend all actual thinking and rationale ;P, and when it comes to stranger-to-stranger communications, in particular)... and that there would seem to be some sort of 'plague' affecting a rather large contingent of mankind, whose ability to process 'requests' and 'instructions' have been 'distorted' and rendered highly 'non-functional' ;P (one can only hope that someone at cakewrecks.com has reported these 'facts' to the CDC! :) )...

...yes, the kinds of can-imagine-it-in-theory-and-one-*does*-see-the-fact-that-someone-actually-did-request/-make/-receive/-or-create-'that'-but-one-still-can't-believe-it-actually-happened -type, relatable-yet-'unfathomable' 'deeds' that are 'on display' at cakewrecks.com ;), end up being a special kind of tickles-the-funny-bone-to-its-'marrow' form of 'funny' (as in, the kind for which Depends ought to be a primary sponsor of the site ;P )... :)

When I first read your comments here, you reminded me of a regular commenter from Cake Wrecks, actually; sendingintheclowns is his/her username, I think. Would it happen to be you? ;)

Nay, Sus (<-- I feel as though our banter has now resulted in us being on a 'partial name basis' ;P )... 'tis not moi... (though it sparks the bejeezus out of my curiosity to know just how my silly-and-often-utterly-nonsensical comments happen to be of a form which reminds someone of someone else -- ! :) -- and thus, I simply *must* partake of even a 'glimpse' of this mysterious 'twin' of mine ;)... a cakewrecks-ian commenter whose indirect 'acquaintance' I shall hereby 'make' (if only in 'voyeuristic' fashion)... ;)

I thank you for 'alerting' me to this fascinatingly-foreign-in-my-experience reality... and pointing me in the direction of an online 'voice' whose 'accent' (so to speak) would seem to indicate our potentially having been 'separated at birth' (in a manner of speaking) ;) ... the playful whatnot I seem compelled to sporadically 'fling out into the world' (perhaps not unlike those infamous monkeys caught flinging poo ;P ) would seem to foredestine (<-- is that redundant? ;) ) that I not have many 'alternate universe'-esque 'cousins' 'out there' (though I look forward to ever learning of their existence (not unlike learning that a previously-thought-to-be-extinct species has, in fact, been spotted, somewhere 'in the wild' ;) ))...

(Thank you for the 'heads up' / 'bat signal' / 'charadically pointing' 'over there'... :) )
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    My love for the movie Dirty Dancing will never die. It was on TV earlier and I have to watch it no matter what. I love the soundtrack. It's one of my not-guilty pleasures.

Agreed! That and Pretty Woman. (I am also a Princess Bride fan),
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    My love for the movie Dirty Dancing will never die. It was on TV earlier and I have to watch it no matter what. I love the soundtrack. It's one of my not-guilty pleasures.

It's one of those movies I will watch on TV, even with all the adverts, even though I could just dig out the DVD and watch it ad free.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    [/quote]

I made my daughter's first Easter dress and the sleeve fell off at church! Never attempted sewing again![/quote]

I laughed out loud at this one (probably due to anxiety). Although I am not a seamstress I did make my wedding dress (with help form a seamstress). I took it apart and refashioned it for my oldest daughters communion and am now in the process of altering it for my youngest communion. This would be my biggest fear.

Edited: Just to say I hate quotes. I can never get them to work correctly.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My confession: I'M A FRAUD!!
    I spend too much time here every day, doling out advice and encouragement, telling people about CICO, how to succeed, etc etc etc....

I have not lost any weight (that I have kept off) in SIX MONTHS.

That's right, I have "maintained" (read: lost weight, then stuffed my fat face) for half a year. It's a miracle I haven't actually gained.

I'm complacent, and I make excuses, and I'm basically just being totally crap at this weight loss thing. And you know what? I RESENT knowing how much I know about weight loss, because in the past, I'd have "mixed it up" byt going for a "kickstart" and doing a few weeks of shakes, or majorly low carb, or chowing down some "Fatblaster Max". And now I know that all there is for it is to stop being an *kitten* about it and get it done.

And I'm writing ALL this knowing I'm about to go on a 5 day holiday which I will AGAIN use as an excuse to say "I'll get back to it next week, this is special circumstances, I don't have much of a choice what I eat, so stuff it."

I need a damn good slapping.

In my books maintaining is a big WELL DONE!! I think we have all be there done that. I always hated that saying…. it took more than a year to gain it and it will take more than a year to loose it. Well because I want it all off NOW!!!

Edited: because I did the Quotes Correctly. :smiley:
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Had pizza and red wine for dinner last night. Today we're meeting the bf's mate for dinner. Can't decide between zebra meatballs with chive mash and horse chilli cottage pie! Oh god I love food. FOOD FOOD FOOD.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I bought myself a colouring book today. That in itself seems uninteresting but I haven't done anything artistic since I finished my degree 2 years ago and after applying for jobs for 8 months and getting nowhere, I realised that you have to know someone to get into any design based industry. After falling in love with design and getting an upper second (3 points away from a first) I thought that would be the job I would do for the rest of my life, but when life forced me to just get any job to earn money I realised not only that my dream won't come true, but I had wasted 3 years of my life gaining a useless degree. This resulted in a 3 stone weight gain in 2 years. It has been too painful to even doodle, I've had no inspiration at all. After getting upset last night about everything my SO said, "do what ever makes you happy". I took that as go shopping. While shopping today I came across a pattern colouring book and I decided THAT is what makes me happy. Being creative. So I bought it. I see this as progress towards being happy again. I might even pick up my old film camera again...

Just thought I'd say hi and sorry it went that way for you. I just wanted to encourage you. I LOVED art in school. There was a photo of me getting my A-level art in our local paper because it was one of the top grades in the country. But I didn't pursue it any further because I just didn't think I could make a career out of it. But I still find outlets. I make scale dollhouse miniature food and quilts. I sell what I don't keep on Etsy. I'm not about to quit my day job, but knowing people on 4 different continents have enjoyed them is pretty satisfying. It doesn't really matter if you make a career or even pocket money from your art, just do something that satisfies you! Even if that creative outlet is icing troll faces on gingerbread cookies...
  • spamarie
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I bought myself a colouring book today. That in itself seems uninteresting but I haven't done anything artistic since I finished my degree 2 years ago and after applying for jobs for 8 months and getting nowhere, I realised that you have to know someone to get into any design based industry. After falling in love with design and getting an upper second (3 points away from a first) I thought that would be the job I would do for the rest of my life, but when life forced me to just get any job to earn money I realised not only that my dream won't come true, but I had wasted 3 years of my life gaining a useless degree. This resulted in a 3 stone weight gain in 2 years. It has been too painful to even doodle, I've had no inspiration at all. After getting upset last night about everything my SO said, "do what ever makes you happy". I took that as go shopping. While shopping today I came across a pattern colouring book and I decided THAT is what makes me happy. Being creative. So I bought it. I see this as progress towards being happy again. I might even pick up my old film camera again...

Just thought I'd say hi and sorry it went that way for you. I just wanted to encourage you. I LOVED art in school. There was a photo of me getting my A-level art in our local paper because it was one of the top grades in the country. But I didn't pursue it any further because I just didn't think I could make a career out of it. But I still find outlets. I make scale dollhouse miniature food and quilts. I sell what I don't keep on Etsy. I'm not about to quit my day job, but knowing people on 4 different continents have enjoyed them is pretty satisfying. It doesn't really matter if you make a career or even pocket money from your art, just do something that satisfies you! Even if that creative outlet is icing troll faces on gingerbread cookies...
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    samgamgee wrote: »
    Had pizza and red wine for dinner last night. Today we're meeting the bf's mate for dinner. Can't decide between zebra meatballs with chive mash and horse chilli cottage pie! Oh god I love food. FOOD FOOD FOOD.

I'd like to eat zebra.
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick - well not really, I'm not bed-ridden. But I haven't been this sick (proper sick-headache, fever, and cough) in well over a year so I'm kind of hamming it up and totally used my sore throat as an excuse to have a big serve of ice cream. And it was FREAKING delicious.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    mskurski wrote: »
    Ok, here it goes.... AGAIN no judgements. I didn't care what i looked like for a solid year or how much I ate. I could eat a whole large pizza w everything on it BY MYSELF. I could eat a whole box of cookies and 1/2 gal milk in one sitting. I use to go to all you can eat buffets and go up at least 3-6 times, I ate until I was stuffed like thankgiving stuffed for a year. I gained 65 lbs and every time i start feeling good, I go off my diet and gain again, and when I do... I gain twice as much as loss. Reason? I lost my son a year ago.... And struggling to care again. Really wanting to change this time.

I am so sorry for your loss, mskurski.

Whatever the underlying reasons are for us--since I have not dealt with anything so hard--it really is frustrating that it seems to come down to caring. Once you care it's possible to do pretty much all the rest, but how we can make ourselves care when we don't, I wish I understood.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Today was really hard for me because it's my dad's birthday. He passed away last year and I'm still struggling to come to terms with it. Took a long walk after work and ended up in a grocery store buying sausage and peppers (his favorite). I miss him terribly and feel guilty for not spending as much time with him as I should have. I want to ask him things I never got to and never will be able to. Everyone, hug your families tight and don't take them for granted :)

Sorry for your loss, and that's an excellent thought!
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of laundry. I'm just going to start working out in my underwear and only wear clothes when I leave the house to run. The amount of dirty clothes i have is just crazy.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I like to eat under 1000 calories in a day .... :#
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    I'm so sick of laundry. I'm just going to start working out in my underwear and only wear clothes when I leave the house to run. The amount of dirty clothes i have is just crazy.

Laundry seems to multiply in the week end here. Every Monday all the hampers are full and I have no idea where it's coming from.
  • spamarie
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am all caught up from this weekends posts. My, you all have been chatty. :smile:

Confession: I found out last Sunday (as in on Easter) that my 19 year old step-daughter is pregnant, which means I am going to be a grandma at 35!!! I have been really struggling with this fact and didn't handle the news in the best way. I even drove 2 hours to tell my best friend the news. She, even though she teased my relentlessly, made me feel much better about the whole situation.

We even came up with a cute name for the baby to call me...MoNana. : B)

Whoa! That's big news. For what it's worth, I think that having young grandparents is really enviable. Three of my grandparents died either before I was born or when I was quite young.

This so much. People have kids quite late in my family. My grandma was 46 when she had my mum, and 76 when I came along. Thankfully she lived to 100 so I did get to know her a bit, but I am a bit jealous of people who still have grandparents beyond their early twenties.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: My coworker who had the stroke a couple weeks ago passed away this weekend. I was off yesterday (and today) and no one I actively work with has reached out to tell me. A former coworker (still with the company, just not the department) texted to ask how everyone was handling it, which is how I found out. I'm obviously sad, but also kind of pissed off. It's an odd mix.

Also, I hate the flood of posts you get on Facebook for your birthday. I haven't really talked to most of these people all year, I don't think I need a stupid post from them now.