Options

Replies

• livinmydreamsthruJesus
    Options
    Add me! I started the 30 day shred today
  • bettina274
    bettina274 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    L1D6 (actually day 4 since i had to miss two days) done. Still hate the anterior raises though.
  • livinmydreamsthruJesus
    Options
    Me too! I loathe the raises. Maybe it's because I use 5lb weight in each hand. Haven't been able to buy 3 lb.
  • Queenmab83
    Queenmab83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in, where do I join the group?
  • fgrice11
    fgrice11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    fgrice11 wrote: »
    Finished L2D1, all the planking moves are ROUGH! Everything felt like jelly today :|
    I know I'll steadily get stronger as I move through these 10 days, but those plank jacks and mountain climbers or whatever you call them are hard!

I found the plank jacks do get easier. I never got where I could do them and mountain climbers all the way through. I sometimes substituted jogging instead of mountain climbers simply because my arms and shoulders were just too tired to hold me up.

That's exactly what's happening to me, my arms/shoulders are just way too tired. I'm also finding when trying to do plank jacks, but I do mostly modified, is that my outer/inner thigh muscles are so weak too! I'm like, come on legs, work!

• fgrice11
    fgrice11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    one_beauty wrote: »
    fgrice11 wrote: »
    Finished L2D1, all the planking moves are ROUGH! Everything felt like jelly today :|
    I know I'll steadily get stronger as I move through these 10 days, but those plank jacks and mountain climbers or whatever you call them are hard!

Omg... soo glad its not just me having a rough time!! After the workout is done, I am sooo worn out! & yes I agree w/ everything in your post!!

You are SO not alone! I finished L2D3 today, and when it's time to do the oblique twists followed by skating, I do feel like I'm gonna die! I'm still modifying the skating, because when I try to do the jump, and then the 30 sec again of twists, I totally can't breathe :D
    But I keep pushing through, I'm way too determined to ever give up!
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My knees are sore today. We'll see how I feel after work. I might have to take today as a rest day. :(
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    L1D6 complete. Anterior raises getting a little easier, made it all the way through them today. I'm using 3lb plates from an adjustable dumbell set. Hoping to bump up to 5lb dumbells by day 10 ( even if I can't lift them, they'll at least be easier to hold!).
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    windhill28 wrote: »
    I'm starting level one today, have lost a stone through diet already, 1st 3lb to go, I'm really unfit and a smoker so hoping I can get through this

I'm an unfit smoker too but I have this game where I can't smoke in the afternoon until after my excercise. I call it my "victory cigarette" although I'm hoping I will stop wanting it before long, and I can cut down even more and eventually one day I'll be able to declare loudly in a smug voice "oh, no. I don't smoke" :)
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    completed L02D03. Its seriously not an easy workout. I think the moves are getting completed better; only in the sense I have a better idea of how/what I'm doing... lol! Had to pause 2x to catch my breath; the cardio always kills me :/ Even on level 1. Even though I also run, its still really tough.
  • albygb
    albygb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Whew finally managed to finish up L1D10. will be moving on to L2 this evening. I cant say i'm too excited about it :(
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    L2D6 complete! :)
  • livinmydreamsthruJesus
    Options
    Finished L1D2 today.
  • Wording
    Wording Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Finished L2D3 today. Definitely "gargling my heart" on the oblique twists.
  • livinmydreamsthruJesus
    Options
    I like to use a calendar to keep myself accountable, and to mark off the days. I filled out my paper calendar with the 30 days of the shred. It's sort of motivating. Every little bit helps, right? Just thought I'd post something that's helpful to me. :)
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    day 7 done, feeling so much stronger already!
  • MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    L1D6 done. I did 4 days then took just over a week off, thought I'd be really sore after doing it again yesterday but I'm feeling ok :) might do L2 this evening again.

I think once I've done the 30 days I'm going to just do the strength training bits from all 3 videos every other day.
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    Completed L02D04! :) It was hard :/
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    MimGSR wrote: »
    L1D6 done. I did 4 days then took just over a week off, thought I'd be really sore after doing it again yesterday but I'm feeling ok :) might do L2 this evening again.

I think once I've done the 30 days I'm going to just do the strength training bits from all 3 videos every other day.

I love that you posted this!! After I complete this 30DS, I plan to try the Killer Buns & Thighs dvd. I don't want to stop pushing my body to continue to tone & transform. This summer I seriouslyyyyy plan to be wearing shorts!!
  • FariasMomOf3
    FariasMomOf3 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Im doin jillian ripped in 30 good workouts