Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I can control myself with just about any food with the exception of starbursts...I will without even realising it, eat a whole sharing bag by myself and then feel totally guilty but want more at the same time...I now only buy them when I have friends around and force feed them starbursts so I don't eat the whole bag

kmcampbell893, there's a local business whose front office personnel I'm wary of ever approaching, and it has nothing to do with them, personally... it *might* have something to do with the world's largest jar of miniature Tootsie Rolls being perpetually stocked and available to (nay, *beckoning* ;) ) anyone who approaches... and if there is one thing on this Earth which would seem to be my 'Kryptonite', I'd venture to say that miniature Tootsie Rolls are 'it'...

I have great difficulty 'stopping at just one', let alone finding a filled-to-the-brim jar 'compatible' with logic 'holding true' in the universe (who could *resist* such temptation?! -- how does that jar stay filled?!!! -- is there some sort of stealth Tootsie Roll factory 'in the back' of said business, and I don't even *know* it?!!!)...

...any jar with miniature Tootsie Rolls (or 'tiny turds', as some refer to them ;P ) *needs* to be emptied of its contents (or so it would seem, given my apparent 'mandated-by-the-soul' 'imperative' to action a removal-and-consumption -based 'jar emptying operation' -- and forthwith! ;) )...

If there were some sort of spontaneously accompanying 'theme music' for my trepidatious 'approach' to that where's-a-force-field-when-ya-need-one, might-as-well-have-police-tape-around-it-'cause-a-'crime'-is-about-to-be-committed, godforsaken front desk... covered as it is with that should-be-illegal -sized jar, which contains the off-the-charts temptation whose name I shall refrain at this time from even allowing to 'escape' my fingertips (lest it torture me all the more, in *thinking* about the darn things, let alone 'letting go' of them in any way, and even if only in the form of the letters of their 'name' being 'kicked to the curb' in the act of typing ;) )...

("...here, help yourself... would you like one...?" -- *ONE*?!!! -- how doth any soul on the planet STOP AT *ONE*?!!! -- pray thee, spill thy secrets of restraint!)

...well... the 'theme music' in question, commensurate as it is with the 'dread' which would seem to 'wash over me', as I begin those time-slows-to-an-eternity, ill-fated steps toward 'my Waterloo' (as it were)... would be... those 'ohhhhhhh, NOOOOOO' -esque, alternating 'sounds from hell'... that are otherwise known as... 'The Theme Music for Jaws' (<-- jaws?! -- *how* does something so unexpectedly pun-tastic only appear *after* the fact?! ;P )...

Yeah, a part of me wishes that place had a drive-thru, so I could avoid ever needing to go in... (or maybe I should just give 'em a call, before I arrive, and politely request that they temporarily 'hide' the jar, and off the premises (so that I'm not tempted to launch into a 'search and rescue' operation, knowing that those tiny, paper-covered and twisty-whatnot -'decorated', non-nutritive little 'bodies' -- bundled as they are in their wrapper-'suit' onesies -- lurk... *somewhere*... nearby... ;) ))
  • RodHudson1229
    RodHudson1229 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Night Shift and Taco Bell :( Yep did that...
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I confess that I changed my calorie goal a couple of days ago from losing 2lbs per week to losing 1lb per week and I feel so much better! Those extra like 400 calories to play around with make me feel full and I'm less likely to go over my goal. Plus most days I stay within my 2lb goal anyways, but now I never see red and that feels awesome.

I'm still at a goal of "lose 2 pounds" but I never ate back any of my exercise calories. So when my calorie level got down to 1200, I started getting really hungry and cranky all the time (what did I expect - my net cals were crazy low). This past week, I've started eating back around 50% of my exercise calories (about 300 or so more), and I feel so much better, too!
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I hate the red numbers. I have my calorie goal set to "maintain". I figure if I'm under that every day, I'll lose. Maybe it won't be as fast, but I won't get frustrated as easily sigh those red numbers.

I really like this idea :)
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm a 35 year old woman, and I LOVE The Vampire Diaries. There. I said it.

I'm a 35 year old woman, and I love "Pretty Little Liars", so no judgment here :)

Me too, except that I am older!

Actually, I kind of gave up on it around the time they revealed who A was...and then it just got silly.
    And they just keep revealing who "A" is... By my count, I think they're up to 3 or 4. Yeah, it's totally ridiculous. And yet I keep watching :)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".
    W
    I usually go for the real instead of a substitute, but I really do prefer turkey bacon. It's always a mess to cook regular (albeit delicious) bacon and when I order it out, it's usually all floppy and super gross.

Hubby and I ate turkey bacon for quite some time due to it being less greasy. To treat ourselves, we bought the real stuff (a nice applewood smoked thick slice) and I forgot how good the real stuff was. We've now switched back to real bacon and I have been experimenting with different cooking methods. I lined the inside and top of a broiler pan with tin foil and cut small slits in the top layer for the grease to drip into the bottom of the pan and placed it in the oven. It cooked it nice & crispy but was still a mess w/ the tin foil. Last week I made a little packet w/ double layer tin foil and laid the bacon inside. I closed up the packet and used a fork to poke holes on either side and the put in on the BBQ. the first time I did it, the heat was too high and I burned it, the second time I tried it, i lowered the heat and it worked perfectly! the little holes allow the grease to drip out slowly and you get nice crispy bacon. You have to make sure the flames aren't too high otherwise it can start a fire and you just need to keep an eye on it. once it was done, I just put the bacon on some paper towel and left the tin foil on the BBQ to let the remaining grease cool & harden - then through it all way.

This only works if you don't save the bacon grease for other cooking. I would like to but hubby thinks it's disgusting.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

It's a fast moving thread--just keep chatting!

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:

Throw something super juicy and gossipy up!

I don't think that really works. The guy who slept with his cousin's wife and the girl with two boyfriends were largely ignored...

When did this happen?!?!?!?!?
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:

I won $2mill in a poker tournament in 07 (tho I only ended up with a profit of $500k). Being 19 at the time I was verrrry reckless with money thinking I would be able to do this again and again. Turns out its not that easy and I wasted SOOO much money in the next couple of years, just being young and naive. Now I look back at that time and regret so much of what I did and wish I woulda known then what I know now. Oh well...live and learn eh? lol

I was also thrown into the spotlight because of this win, and really had to learn to grow up and dealing with people judging me and talking about me on forums etc. It was very hard on me, and I'll never forget some of the negative things ppl said about my looks. This is one of the reasons I finally decided to lose weight, to make ppl shut up.

I couldn't play poker professionally, I have 0 table etiquette.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I walked the treadmill at lunch to add calories so I could eat my Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies cherry pie for dessert tonight. I do not regret this decision.

http://arbucklemountainpies.com/

You did NOT just link that! I didn't need a visual. *drool

Were you drooling at the cowboy in the background or the little fruit filled wontons?

The food, of course! I'm not a cowboy type. I'm a Dwayne "The Rock' Johnson type. :p
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    I've finished reading this entire post and wondering which confession I should start with ;)

Ever since I was 10 or 11 I've been a binge eater. I remember babysitting and being in heaven because of the food the people kept for their kids. I would eat an entire package of dunkaroos, a box of pudding cups, a box of fruit snacks. I'd bury the evidence in the garbage can. Sometimes, even now, when I've overate, I find myself burying things in the garbage can due to shame and embarrassment.

I still hold a lot of anger towards a local personal trainer who wouldn't listen to me during my very first training session. She kept yelling at me to go faster and go harder even though I was a bit dizzy and out of breath. She just kept saying i was fine. Five minutes later I blacked out and ended up on the gym floor. She blamed it on my nutrition and nothing to do with her training. I haven't been able to step foot in the gym (only one in town)since even though I bought a 10 punch pass. Just the thought of going makes me anxious.

Man I wish stores still sold Dunkaroos.

I sometimes also hide the packages of food I have overate out of guilt.

done this too... tends to be those orange chocolate Aero balls and Peanut M&Ms. the wrappers get hidden in the bottom of my bathroom trash can.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered chocolate coated popcorn. This is not good news.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    I walked the treadmill at lunch to add calories so I could eat my Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies cherry pie for dessert tonight. I do not regret this decision.

Were you drooling at the cowboy in the background or the little fruit filled wontons?

The food, of course! I'm not a cowboy type. I'm a Dwayne "The Rock' Johnson type. :p

I totally would... hubby knows this :p
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10135773/might-as-well-starve

Haven't decided if this one is going up in flames or not, but it might!

Starred this one to read later. Looks like it could get interesting. :)
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Okay, I've been super busy today and while I think I've caught up for the weekend I didn't get to respond to a bunch of posts I would have like to! Anyway, how are the shoulder workouts going? You do realize that once we've mastered that we're going to add on, right? I'm thinking we need to start with planks: no equipment required and can be done while on the floor either before or after shoulders / arms. Thoughts?

Planks are awesome, I prefer to do them in crocodile form, with my forearms on the ground.

Personally, I don't think enough people spend enough time in Down Dog. Most leg discomfort from exercising can be easily avoided with properly stretched calves and hamstrings. After you get to a comfortable with Down Dog, graduate into Walking the Dog where you take the traditional Down Dog position, then alternate raising and lowering your heels. And that's my broscience & yogapanttheory knowledge.

Same here, and you know what? Even with all the shoulder exercises I do, these still make my shoulders burn when I do them. Guess that's a good thing and why they continue to be a challenge for me.

I can't do Downward Dog - I get a head rush and then get dizzy. I have an inner-ear imbalance problem, though, so that's probably why. I do stretch my calves and hamstrings every night (while doing my arm exercises).

I practiced yoga on and off for years and didn't mind downdog. After a few years of minimal exercise and weight gain I really struggled with this pose... I lost a lot of shoulder strength and it took a bit of work to get it back. I also find my hands creep forward. I recently bought a new mat (jade harmony pro) as I want to practise more and after reading many reviews figured it was the most grippy. It is definitely more grippy but my hands still creep forward. Maybe I just sweat lots in my hands.
    Have you ever done hot yoga? You skid around everywhere!

Confession: As much as I love yoga, I HATE hot yoga. With a passion.

I don't really understand the point of hot yoga
    I think it would just make me feel sick

Yep, it does...
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I won $2mill in a poker tournament in 07 (tho I only ended up with a profit of $500k). Being 19 at the time I was verrrry reckless with money thinking I would be able to do this again and again. Turns out its not that easy and I wasted SOOO much money in the next couple of years, just being young and naive. Now I look back at that time and regret so much of what I did and wish I woulda known then what I know now. Oh well...live and learn eh? lol

I was also thrown into the spotlight because of this win, and really had to learn to grow up and dealing with people judging me and talking about me on forums etc. It was very hard on me, and I'll never forget some of the negative things ppl said about my looks. This is one of the reasons I finally decided to lose weight, to make ppl shut up.

Congrats on the win! Bummer on the blowing the money! I dream of what I could do with $500K...
  • quiksylver296
    edited April 2015
    Options

I totally would... hubby knows this :p

My hubby knows, too. We both have our people we would leave each other for. Mine is The Rock. His was Jenna McCarthy (but she's gotten kinda crazy so he's not sure now.)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession of the day: Although I know that I cannot out-exercise a bad diet, I keep eating like I can. Argh.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I recently discovered chocolate coated popcorn. This is not good news.

Chocolate covered jujubes <3 They actually put a rather substantial amount of chocolate on them.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Thanks I've interviewed before, and they always say no for your first go around, and then don't even respond the second and sometimes third attempts just to see how you handle rejection.

Hmm, interesting. Good thing you know that ahead of time. ;)

spamarie wrote: »
    I haven't suffered from pushy, judgey cashiers, however I sometimes wonder if they notice what they're scanning and make up stories in their heads. I know I would (although I'd never say anything). Especially when it's one of those awkward shops where you only seem to be buying cat food, chocolate and sanitary towels.

Haha this made me laugh! I know the feeling.

I felt like that last Sunday when I bought six big bags of white mini Cadbury eggs (hey, they were only 95 cents each on clearance). I was thinking the guy was probably like, 'no wonder you are fat.'

I eat them in moderation...I serving a day lately.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I went somewhere once and was overwhelmed with requests to donate to some Children with Leukemia Fund. I finally just snapped, and said "no, this store has made me hate them, hate them to the point that I want to donate to give them even more leukemia." The looks I got.

I'm so ashamed to have laughed at this.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I ordered a small fry, two ranch crispy snack wraps, and 2 cheeseburgers from mcdonalds... twice. In one month. After 11pm. Shoot me.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".
    W
    I usually go for the real instead of a substitute, but I really do prefer turkey bacon. It's always a mess to cook regular (albeit delicious) bacon and when I order it out, it's usually all floppy and super gross.

Hubby and I ate turkey bacon for quite some time due to it being less greasy. To treat ourselves, we bought the real stuff (a nice applewood smoked thick slice) and I forgot how good the real stuff was. We've now switched back to real bacon and I have been experimenting with different cooking methods. I lined the inside and top of a broiler pan with tin foil and cut small slits in the top layer for the grease to drip into the bottom of the pan and placed it in the oven. It cooked it nice & crispy but was still a mess w/ the tin foil. Last week I made a little packet w/ double layer tin foil and laid the bacon inside. I closed up the packet and used a fork to poke holes on either side and the put in on the BBQ. the first time I did it, the heat was too high and I burned it, the second time I tried it, i lowered the heat and it worked perfectly! the little holes allow the grease to drip out slowly and you get nice crispy bacon. You have to make sure the flames aren't too high otherwise it can start a fire and you just need to keep an eye on it. once it was done, I just put the bacon on some paper towel and left the tin foil on the BBQ to let the remaining grease cool & harden - then through it all way.

This only works if you don't save the bacon grease for other cooking. I would like to but hubby thinks it's disgusting.

A grill with a drip pan works great, I can do bacon on my Traeger by just throwing it on the rack.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

We went very low key. We already have two children together, we have lived together for 7 years. We don't even really care about being married, we are totally committed regardless - we mainly did it so that my now husband can adopt my older child who he has been raising this whole time. She knew that, and still made a huge fuss over nothing. Oh well.

I don't think you sound selfish. People can be so unreasonable. Also, I like your cat.

Thanks!! he is so adorable and can be a little *kitten* sometimes but he is my kid... until I have kids.

I am a huge cat person. I do have kids, but I'm just as likely to bore someone talking about my cats or showing their pictures.

My wife & I don't have kids, just cats & dogs.

We've lost 3 cats & a Lab over the years, and we took our favorite photo of them & blew them up on those 18 x 30 photo-to-canvas prints...they're major pieces of our wall art, lol