Bread??

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    I agree. Cannibalism > bread.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    I love bread! However, I've learned to cut back (not give up) and eat healthier bread. No more white. Whole grain, in moderation, and I've found a recipe for a wild rice/multi-grain bread that I'll be trying soon.

If you have to give up foods you love for a diet, it's not worth it. We should be able to partake in every food or drink we like, the key is within reason.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Bambi, at least I know how my body works. I don't care to know how yours works. But if I have helped you learn something then that is a bonus.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    at least I know how my body works.
    You do?
  • donjtomasco
    Yes maid, people added the water weight part after my points were clearly made and my personal lunch study was set to begin. You fail to acknowledge what was said before this. I think you wear rose colored glasses.....
  • stevencloser
    Yes maid, people added the water weight part after my points were clearly made and my personal lunch study was set to begin. You fail to acknowledge what was said before this. I think you wear rose colored glasses.....

SLLrunner on page 2 asked you if you think bread is going to make you gain fat or water weight. I think you're thinking wrong.
  • donjtomasco
    Mrm, my weight has gone up also while not eating bread.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member

seh6p.gif

• donjtomasco
    Jennifer does not eat bread.....I like this.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    maidentl wrote: »
    Bambi can enter whenever she likes. You don't like it because she thinks you're wrong, too. You're not just a little wrong, you're epic levels of crazy wrong. You gained water weight. If you lost real weight in the past week, that meal did not wipe it out, it's just being masked by water weight. They're two different things and it doesn't matter how much you ignore that fact. Facts don't cease being facts just because you don't believe them.

I'm confused, what is "real weight" ? Isn't weight the number shown on the scale, if that number went up wouldn't that indicate his weight increased?
  • donjtomasco
    +++++++(what barber said)......careful barber, you ate about to get attacked.....
  • stevencloser
    Stbarber1 wrote: »
    Bambi can enter whenever she likes. You don't like it because she thinks you're wrong, too. You're not just a little wrong, you're epic levels of crazy wrong. You gained water weight. If you lost real weight in the past week, that meal did not wipe it out, it's just being masked by water weight. They're two different things and it doesn't matter how much you ignore that fact. Facts don't cease being facts just because you don't believe them.

I'm confused, what is "real weight" ? Isn't weight the number shown on the scale, if that number went up wouldn't that indicate his weight increased?

The same way the number would increase if he went on the scale wearing plate armour. Does that mean wearing kickass medieval armour hinders your weight loss?
  • auntstephie321
    Was he wearing medieval plate armour when he weighed himself?
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    edited April 2015
    I really love (and occasionally eat) Ezekiel bread when I need/crave/want bread. The rest of the time, I find in my own case that weight loss is hastened if I avoid it. I suspect that's because for me, it takes longer for bread to move through my system, even the beloved Ezekiel bread.
  • maidentl
    +++++++(what barber said)......careful barber, you ate about to get attacked.....

You need to understand that disagreeing with you is not an attack. @Stbarber1, when you eat foods high in sodium you can retain water. This isn't fat, it's just a temporary gain on the scale and means nothing. Don is having some trouble understanding that, but that's all it means.
  • donjtomasco
    Closer, no wonder you don't trust the scale.
  • maidentl

No, but yesterday he went and ate a fried catfish sandwich with all the "fixins" and a bunch of crackers slathered in ketchup. So he was definitely wearing some water! :smile:
  • stevencloser

No, but yesterday he went and ate a fried catfish sandwich with all the "fixins" and a bunch of crackers slathered in ketchup. So he was definitely wearing some water! :smile:

Yep, might as well eat 10 pounds of lettuce and wonder why you're 10 pounds heavier afterwards even though it's low-cal.
  • auntstephie321
    It doesn't appear to me that he misunderstood. He said his weight would go up. Others told him that it wouldn't hinder his weight loss, in those statements no one was referring to "water weight". In the end though "water weight" is still weight. He was not saying fat loss, he said weight.

I feel he would know best how different foods effect his body. If he has found that eating at a caloric deficit he still struggles to lose weight when he includes certain items, then that is true for him. It doesn't need to be true for anyone else.
  • donjtomasco
    Closer, maybe you can convince jelly of this as well.

This discussion has been closed.